Sri Lanka Visa for US citizens
Sri Lanka visa for US citizens is available online. All travelers visiting Sri Lanka from the United States need to spare just a couple of minutes to apply online for the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to Sri Lanka.
In a maximum of 72 hours (3 business days), ETA to Sri Lanka arrives at the applicant's e-mail address provided in an online form. Whether you're traveling for work or pleasure, it's always best for US citizens to obtain a pre-approved ETA to ensure that border crossing is secure.
Prepare your passport and apply online!
Sri Lanka visa types for US citizens
There are two types of Sri Lanka visa that all US citizens can choose between. Think about the purpose of your travel and select an option that will be the best for you.
Visit Sri Lanka with one of the following ETA types:
- a double-entry visa that allows two stays in Sri Lanka, each one can be 30 days long, valid for 180 days (6 months)
- a transit visa that allows a 2-day stay in Sri Lanka and is valid for 6 months from the day of visa issue
Please note that the second entry into Sri Lanka needs to take place within one month from the first one when using the double-entry visa.
How can US citizens use the Sri Lanka visa?
The tourist visa allows all US citizens to travel to Sri Lanka for tourism and business purposes. So what can US passport holders do in Sri Lanka with a double-entry visa?
All US citizens can engage in the following activities when traveling to Sri Lanka with ETA:
- go on a holiday
- visit your friends/family residing in Sri Lanka
- explore the Sri Lanka tourist destinations
- handle business affairs
- attend a business meeting/conference
- negotiate a contract
Should you need to transit through Sri Lanka to another country, purchase the transit visa that allows a 2-day stay.
The customs officials will control your visa permit and your passport upon entering the country.
Sri Lankan visa requirements and validity
All US citizens need a visa to travel to Sri Lanka. Not only business travelers but also everyone traveling for tourism purposes, or those transiting through Sri Lanka.
To apply online for a Business ETA, Tourist ETA, or Transit ETA, and assure your application will be successfully approved, prepare the documents described in this section before applying.
All US citizens should have the following ready upon applying for the Sri Lanka visa:
- a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from the planned arriving date
- an active e-mail address to receive the PDF version of your Sri Lanka visa once it's approved
Visa requirements are simple and can be easily gathered. A bank statement proving that you have sufficient funds for your trip is not needed, nor similar to a passport photo photograph.
No matter what Sri Lanka visa type should you choose, all are valid for six months (180 days) from the visa issue date.
How can US citizens apply for Sri Lanka ETA?
Now that you are prepared with the requirements described in the previous section start the visa application process. Using a preferred device with an internet connection, click the 'Apply Online' button located on this website's right-hand side to start applying.
Luckily, the visa application should take you just a few minutes to complete.
- First, provide your data, passport details, e-mail address, and any other necessary information in the application form. Make sure you put all the data correctly to avoid any delays or issues.
- The next step is paying the visa fees. The processing fee is the same for the business visa, tourist visa, and transit visa, and that is 69 Euro. There are several methods of online payment that all US citizens can use to make the payment.
- Lastly, check your inbox for the confirmation number that is delivered immediately after the payment is registered. e-Visa will arrive within 72 hours from applying.
Our team of experts thoroughly checks each Electronic Travel Authorization application to ensure there are no mistakes before submitting it further for approval.
Is Sri Lankan ETA available on arrival for US citizens?
Visa on arrival is obtainable if you are a US citizen on a Sri Lanka travel. However, it is far more secure to obtain your visa permit in advance. Avoid long lines at the airport, avoid stressful situations, and handle your permit three days in advance instead of a visa on arrival.
Benefits of using our services for all US citizens
Our visas services provide an effortless and intuitive visa process to people from different countries worldwide, including the US. There are numerous benefits that we can guarantee for everyone making an application using our services.
Complete the visa process using our services to enter Sri Lanka and benefit from the following perks:
- a 23-hour average processing time
- a 99% rate of positively approved applications
- each application double-checked by our team to ensure it's error-free
- visas support team available throughout each step of the online application via mail and phone
- reimbursement in case your visa application would not be approved
- intuitive and quick process of applying that can be completed entirely from home!
Sri Lanka visa for US citizens is easily obtainable online. If you are a US citizen, you need a visa to visit this beautiful country. Apply for this entry permit with your valid passport on hand.
Should you need help while applying or have any questions or doubts, please contact our visas support team. We will be happy to help you.