ESTA USA (eVisa)
ESTA USA: Basic Information
If you plan to travel to the USA, you've probably come across the term ESTA at some point in your preparations. It is an acronym for "Electronic System for Travel Authorization," a system developed by the American government to pre-screen travelers.
ESTAs have been offered since 2009 for travelers from countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
ESTA makes it much easier for tourists, business travelers, and those transiting through the USA, because in such cases you no longer have to visit an Embassy to get a regular visa.
Instead, apply online using the Evisa Express website, and the approved entry permit will be delivered via email within three business days!
The electronic entry permit to the USA stays valid for 2 years from the date of issue and costs only 49 Euro!
Types of ESTA
The United States offers a one-size-fits-all entry permit that covers tourism, business, and transit.
ESTA characteristics are as follows:
Multi-purpose - is meant for tourists, business travelers, and those who wish to transit through the USA on their way somewhere else.
Multi-entry - is valid for 2 years starting from the date of approval, during which you may enter and exit the USA as many times as you wish.
Flexible - each time you enter the USA, you may stay for up to 90 days in a row.
List of eligible countries
Countries taking part in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), listed below can make an online application for ESTA:
- Czech Republic
- Korea, South
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
ESTA Application Process
To find the ESTA application form, head to the panel on the left-hand side. Choose the purpose of travel that best represents your trip. Finally, click "Apply online" and follow these simple steps to complete the process:
- Provide your details in the form, such as your passport number and email address, as well as some basic information about your trip.
- Cover the ESTA fee (49 Euro) choosing any of the several secure online payment methods. Check if you have received the confirmation number at your email box.
- Wait for the approved ESTA to be delivered to your email box in a PDF form. The maximum processing time takes just 72 hours (3 business days).
Please note! Average time of ESTA application approval when using our services is just 24 hours!
- Important - passport validity! In order to apply for ESTA, your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the planned date of arrival in the USA
- Make sure to provide a correct email address on your ESTA application
- Our role at Evisa Express is to facilitate the submission of applications to the US government through our website. The final approval of applications, as well as processing times, ultimately rest with the government of the United States of America
ESTA validity period
Once your application has been given approval by the US government, your ESTA travel authorization becomes valid immediately and expires after 2 years from the date of issue.
During that time, ESTA visa holders have the right of multiple entry: entering and exiting the USA freely, each stay can be as long as 90 days at a time!
Please note! ESTA links directly to your passport; thus, it's essential to remember that if your travel document expires, should you lose it, or change any data on it, your electronic entry permit to the United States becomes invalid.
Some travelers are not looking for an extended visit to the USA, but simply need to travel through the country on their way somewhere else. This is called "transiting."
Please note that transiting requires an ESTA, just like tourism and business travel. In other words, even if you don't intend to leave the airport terminal before boarding your transfer flight, you still must apply for an ESTA visa.
Requirements on arrival
A traveler carrying an approved ESTA must present a valid passport when they enter the United States. A photocopy or photo will not be enough - you will be asked to show the physical document for inspection.
ESTA does not need to be printed out since it links directly to your travel document. The customs officials will check if you have a valid ESTA upon examining your passport.
USA ESTA Sample
- You must apply for your ESTA at least 3 business days before your trip! Processing times can take up to 72 hours.
- Every passport holder must submit a separate application. One ESTA does not cover multiple travelers!
- ESTA does not entitle the holder to get a job in the United States!
- The validity of ESTA starts on the date of issue.
- If your passport expires, so does your ESTA! Your passport must be valid for the entire duration of your stay in the USA.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ for ESTA USA
- What is USA ESTA?
ESTA is short for Electronic System for Travel Authorization. It serves as a multiple-entry permit that allows numerous visits to the United States and stays valid for the whole 2 years from issuing. The best part is that it is obtainable 100% online! No visits to the Embassy are needed and the only document required to apply is a valid passport.
- How long is an ESTA valid for?
ESTA stays valid for 2 years, starting from the date of approval. Holders of a valid electronic entry permit can travel to the USA multiple times during that time. Please note, whenever your passport expires, should you change any data on it, or lose it, your ESTA becomes invalid.
- Do I need an ESTA to travel to the USA?
If your country is taking part in the Visa Waiver Program and you want to visit the United States for tourism, business, or transit, you must have an ESTA obtained before your trip. Apply at least 3 business days in advance of your travel to get the necessary entry permit on time.
- How much does a US ESTA cost?
ESTA to the USA costs only 49 Euro! All applicants can choose between numerous secure online payment methods, e.g., using a credit card. Choose the one that is the most convenient to you and enjoy using your electronic entry permit as much as you want!
- Can I fly to US without an ESTA?
Do not attempt to fly to the USA without the correct travel authorization! Tourists from countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program must have an ESTA to cross the country's border. Apply online using any working device with an internet connection and get your entry permit delivered directly to your inbox.
- Which countries need ESTA USA?
All countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) need ESTA to travel to the United States. Check if you need this entry permit by looking at the 'List of eligible countries' section or contact our support team via email or phone!
- Do I need to print ESTA?
Once your ESTA application has been approved, you will receive a PDF of your travel authorization in your email box. However, you do not need to print it out. It will be linked directly to your passport number digitally starting from the date of issue.
- How many times can you travel to the US on an ESTA?
The US Electronic System for Travel Authorization is amultiple-entry permit that stays valid for 2 years. That means each traveler can make as many visits as they like during the 2-year validity period. However, each of these trips can be as long as 90 days (three months) at a time.
- What happens if you overstay on ESTA?
Do not overstay your ESTA! Even a single day past the validity expiration date or stay limit of 90 days can result in severe consequences. You may be detained by immigration authorities.Violators may also face a 5-to-10-year ban from future travel to the USA.
- What happens if an ESTA is refused?
It is very rare that applications made online using the Evisa Express website are denied. The rate of successfully approved applications via our service is 98%!. This is because we check each application carefully for correctness before submitting it to the US government. Should you need any help or further information, please contact our support team.
- Do UK citizens need ESTA for USA?
All UK citizens traveling to the US for tourism, business, or transit need an ESTA. Check if your passportwill stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of travel and apply online 3 business days before your trip.
- Do I need ESTA if I have a Green Card?
No. If you have a valid Green Card (Permanent Resident Card to the United States) you do not need an ESTA.
- How does ESTA work at the airport?
ESTA is automatically linked to your passport as soon as your application is approved. You will receive a PDF of the entry permit at your email address, but you don't need to print it out. Border officials will be able to see it automatically upon checking your passport.
- What is the difference between an ESTA and a visa?
ESTA works exactly like the regular visa obtained from the Embassy without the hassle! To apply for the regular visa you will need to undergo interviews and visit the Embassy many times, while the entire ESTA application process can be completed online using any working device.
Three easy steps to get your ESTA
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email