USA ESTA for Citizens of Japan
Citizens of Japan planning to visit the United States of America for business, tranist, or tourism purposes can take advantage of being a member of the USA Visa Waiver Program and apply for ESTA (the Electronic System for Travel Authorization) instead of obtaining a regular US visa at the American Embassy.
USA ESTA for citizens of Japan comes with only a few simple requirements to complete the online application successfully.
ESTA visa application must be submitted 3 days ahead of the planned trip to the USA, and all the Japanese arriving in the States must have their electronic authorization approved before visiting the US.
ESTA authorization remains valid for two years or until the expiration of the passport of its holder, whichever comes first. Functioning as a multiple-entry permit, ESTA allows numerous entries to the USA throughout its entire validity period. The Japanese can stay in the United States with an ESTA for up to 3 months each time.
US ESTA requirements for citizens of Japan
The Japanese applicants for US ESTA should make sure that they have the following items ready before they start the online application process:
- a valid passport: that should remain valid for the entire duration of the planned visit to the US (the moment it expires, ESTA automatically becomes invalid as well);
- an active email address: all updates about ESTA application progress as well as the approved ESTA will be delivered to the email provided in the online application form;
- a working Internet-accessed electronic device: completing the application process requires access to a working electronic device with a stable Internet connection;
- access to any means of online payment: every applicant needs to cover the service fee of 49 Euro, this can easily be done, e.g., with a credit or debit card.
How to apply for USA ESTA from Japan?
US ESTA application was designed to be as intuitive as possible. That is why applicants need to follow only a few simple steps:
- Click on the 'Apply Online' button located on the left-hand side.
- Fill out all the fields of the application form with the required data. You will be asked to enter some basic personal details, passport data, contact information, and answer some travel and health-related questions. At this stage, it is extremely important to check all the data entered twice before going to the next step.
- After double-checking all the data provided in the online form, every applicant needs to cover a service fee of 49 Euro.
- Soon after covering the fee, an email with the confirmation number will arrive in the applicant's email inbox. This number is essential to follow the progress of your application.
- Download your ESTA once the PDF file arrives at your email address.
The approved ESTA does not need to be printed out since it is digitally linked to your passport used in the online application. Nevertheless, it is highly recommended to carry its physical copy to the airport control as a backup of the electronic copy.
USA ESTA processing time and fees for Japanese citizens
The process of applying for ESTA from Japan will not take more than 15 minutes from starting filling out the online form to paying the handling fee. Japanese applicants can enjoy getting their US ESTA even within 24 business hours of applying. In many cases, the approval comes immediately.
Nevertheless, since the standard ESTA processing time is 3 business days, it is required to submit an online application at least 72 business hours in advance of the intended trip to the USA to get the ESTA on time.
Please do remember that sometimes this processing time can extend due to various reasons like public holidays, application errors, high ESTA demand, or simply because of the decisions made by the US Government.
All applicants (no matter their nationality) using our services to get the US ESTA will need to cover the handling fee of 49 Euro.
How long can Japanese citizens stay in the USA with ESTA?
Citizens of Japan can enter and re-enter the States numerous times throughout the 2-year validity period of their ESTA, while each visit can last maximally up to 90 days.
In case of passport expiration, loss, or any damage, the ESTA holder will need to apply for a new valid authorization to enter the United States again.
- ESTA holders need to make sure that they have a passport that will not expire during their entire stay in the USA.
- The US Electronic System for Travel Authorization does not cover taking up employment in the States.
- Every Japanese must remember to submit a separate ESTA form as one ESTA is assigned only to one person.
Is it safe to use Evisa Express to get the USA ESTA?
Evisa Express is a company that helps you take care of your ESTA and travel needs without hassle. We have been in business since 2016, and we are constantly upgrading our system to keep up with thousands of applicants who need help getting their visas both to the United States and other worldwide destinations.
Our system is constantly being upgraded to make sure that we stay on top of any changes in visa regulations or technology that could affect our customers' experience. You can relax knowing that your data is secure with us. We use SSL certificates, so you never have to worry about your data leakage into unauthorized hands!
Our company name reflects the simplicity of our services - we try to make it as easy and fast as possible for you to travel without any worries!