Singapore e-Visa Application
Singapore e-Visa: Basic information
Singapore e-Visa is an obligatory document to have upon crossing the border of this South-East Asian country. Applications need to be handled by either an e-Visa agency or a local contact from Singapore.
Read on to find more about therequirements, the electronic visa application process, and who can apply!
Since an online visa is necessary to have to visit Singapore; make sure to apply at least 3 days in advance of your travel to ensure you will receive your entry permit on time.
The Singapore e-Visa serves as a single-entry permit that stays valid for 30 days from the date of issue. Print it out and take it with you to the airport to present it to the customs officials upon arrival!
Singapore e-Visa types
There is only one e-Visa to Singapore type that allows its holders to stay in the country for up to 30 days (one month). Travelers are permitted to use their online visa for the following purposes:
- tourism: dedicated for all tourists to visit their friends and relatives, go on vacation, or explore the country for up to 30 days
- business: to handle your business matters, negotiate contracts and cooperations, or conduct any professional activities
Please note! Travelers visiting Singapore for business must attach an additional V39A form, i.e., a Letter of Introduction for Visa Application.
The letter must be written by a Singapore citizen or resident that is at least 21 years old and acts on behalf of a registered Singapore business entity you're going to be working with.
If you can't obtain the LOI from a local contact from Singapore, Embassy-issued LOIs are also acceptable.
List of eligible countries
Check if your country is listed below to find out whether you are eligible to apply for an electronic visa to Singapore using our services:
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- People's Republic of China (PRC)
- Saudi Arabia
- Hong Kong SAR
- Macau SAR
- Palestinian passport holders
- UAE temporary passport holders
Should you need any further information on who is eligible to apply for an e-Visa to travel to Singapore, please contact our support team via email or phone.
Singapore e-Visa application form
Citizens of countries that need ane-Visa to travel to Singapore must apply at least 3 business days in advance of their visit. Read on to learn how to make a successful visa application online.
Applicants should follow 3 simple steps to submit their online application. Ensure that you meet all of the online visa requirements and have all of the required documents before starting the application process.
Once prepared, follow this electronic visa application guide to receive the approved e-Visa quickly:
- Have your valid documents on hand and start by choosing the purpose of your visit using the panel on the left-hand side. Provide your data in the application form and make sure every piece of information is correct. Attach the supporting documents and move on to the next step.
- Make an online payment to cover the e-Visa fees. Once applicants' payments register, they will receive an email with their entry permit confirmation number.
- Wait for up to 72 hours (3 business days) for your electronic Singapore visa to be approved. Once it's processed, the e-Visa will be delivered in PDF version at the email address you have provided in an online form. Lastly, print the received document and have it with you on your travel to Singapore.
Our services provide several online payment methods for applicants to use. Choose the most convenient one for you and make the payment to receive your entry permit quickly.
Should you need assistance, have any questions, or need more information regarding the application process, do not hesitate to get in contact with our support team.
Singapore e-Visa validity starts on the day of its issue and lasts 30 days (one month).
Please note! Each Singapore visitor needs to have a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival.
Not to face any problems while traveling to your final destination, it is advised to have an e-Visa upon transiting through Singapore.
Make sure to have an approved electronic visa and your valid passport upon arrival in Singapore.
Requirements on arrival
All travelers should have prepared two essential documents upon entering Singapore. Please apply for your entry permit a few days in advance of your travel and once it's approved, make sure you have a hard copy of your online visa.
Travelers coming to Singapore should have the following documents ready upon arrival:
- a printed e-Visa copy
- a valid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months beyond the planned arrival in Singapore date
This section contains crucial information regarding the required documents that need to be prepared before making an online visa application. Prepare the listed documents and attach them to your application form.
Every traveler should attach the following documents to their e-Visa application:
- a photo of the applicant's valid passport bio-data page
- applicant's face photograph that can be easily taken using a phone or a PC camera
Make sure to upload a photo taken within the last 3 months from applying.
Please note! In some cases, travelers must attach an additional V39A form, which is a letter written by a local contact in Singapore. The local contact must be either a Singapore citizen or permanent resident and be at least 21 years old.
For all business travels, the Letter of Introduction for Visa Application must be written by a local contact that acts on behalf of a business entity registered in Singapore.
In case you would not be able to obtain the LOI from a local contact from Singapore, LOIs issued by Embassies are also accepted.
- Online Singapore visa processing time may take up to 72 hours (3 business days); apply at least 3 business days in advance of your travel to receive your entry permit on time
- Every applicant must have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Singapore
- Some applicants need to attach an additional V39A form (a Letter of Introduction for Visa Application)
- The local contact writing the LOI must be a Singapore citizen or a permanent resident (and at least 21 years of age)
- e-Visa must be printed out and taken to the airport along with a valid traveler's passport
- The electronic Singapore visa allows a stay of up to 30 days
- A team of online visa experts always thoroughly checks submitted applications before forwarding them to the Singapore government for approval
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Singapore e-Visa
- What is the Singapore e-Visa?
Singapore e-Visa serves as a single-entry permit issued in an electronic form and allows its holders to stay in Singapore for up to 30 days. Follow a 3-step process and make an online visa application to receive the approved document at your email address in PDF form. An electronic visa can be used for both tourism and business purposes.
- Which countries need an online visa for Singapore?
Travelers from nearly 40 countries must have an online visa upon entering Singapore. Check the 'List of eligible countries' section to see the detailed list of countries that need to make an online application before traveling to Singapore.
- Do children need an e-Visa for Singapore?
Children, as well as all other Singapore visitors, need to have an e-Visa to cross the country's border. Applications for all underage travelers should be submitted by their parents or guardians.
- Is it easy to get the Singapore visa online?
Obtaining a Singapore visa online when using our services is more than simple! All you have to do is make an application on our website. The application process can be completed on any working device with an internet connection within a few minutes from home or any other place.
- What documents do I need for the Singapore e-Visa?
The following documents must be attached to online applications: a photo of the travelers' passport's bio-data page and a photo of the applicant's face. The photographs can be taken using a phone or a PC camera; thus, preparing them won't take much of your time! In some cases, additional documents may be required.
- How to apply for a visa for Singapore online?
To get your visa for Singapore online, use our website to submit an application form. Completing the process of applying will take you just a few minutes and can be done from the comfort of your home. Cover the fees and receive the approved e-Visa at your email address!
- How long does it take to get the electronic visa for Singapore?
The processing time for Singapore e-Visa takes up to 72 hours (3 business days). Therefore, make sure to apply a few days in advance of your travel. If you put the data in the application form incorrectly, the processing time may elongate. Make sure to double-check the provided information.
- How will I receive the approved online Singapore visa?
After submitting the form using our website and making the payment, the approved online Singapore visa arrives at the traveler's email address in PDF form and needs to be then printed out.
- How long can I stay in Singapore with an electronic visa?
An electronic visa enables travelers to stay in Singapore for up to 30 days. Please note! Singapore e-Visa is a single-entry permit. Once you leave the country, you will need to apply for a new visa online.
- How long is an online visa for Singapore good for?
Online Singapore visas stay effective for 30 days (one month) from the date of issue. Make sure that your passport will be valid throughout your whole trip, as both documents are needed upon the trip.
- Can I extend my stay in Singapore with an e-Visa?
Travelers may extend their stay in Singapore upon paying a fee for the additional days of the visit. Apply for e-Visa extension online at least 7 days before your entry permit expires to avoid overstaying without an appropriate document.
- What can I do if my Singapore e-Visa is denied?
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email