Singapore e-Visa Application
Singapore e-Visa: Basic information
Singapore e-Visa is an obligatory document to have for citizens of certain countries that need a visa to enter Singapore. Applicants needs to be handled by an e-Visa agency or a local contact from Singapore.
Read on to see what are the requirements to apply online for an electronic visa, how to complete the application process, and who can apply.
Electronic visa to enter Singapore is necessary to have; make sure to apply at least 3 days in advance of your travel to ensure you will receive your entry permit on time.
e-Visa is a single-entry visa that stays valid for 30 days from the date of issue. Print it out and take it with you to the airport for control upon entry into Singapore.
Singapore e-Visa types
There is only one e-Visa to Singapore type that allows its holders to stay in Singapore for up to 30 days (one month). Travelers are permitted to use their e-Visa for the following purposes:
- tourism: dedicated for all tourists to visit their friends and relatives, go on vacation, explore the country for up to 30 days
- business: to handle your business matters, negotiate contracts and cooperations, or conduct any other business-related activities
Please note! Travelers visiting Singapore for business must attach an additional V39A form, i.e., a Letter of Introduction for Visa Application.
The letter must be written by a Singapore citizen or resident that is at least 21 years old and acts on behalf of a registered Singapore business entity you're going to be working with.
If you can't obtain the LOI from a local contact from Singapore, Embassy-issued LOIs are also acceptable.
List of eligible countries
Check if your country is listed below to find out whether you are eligible to apply for an electronic visa to Singapore using our services:
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- People's Republic of China (PRC)
- Saudi Arabia
- Hong Kong SAR
- Macau SAR
- Palestinian passport holders
- UAE temporary passport holders
Should you need any further information on who is eligible to apply for an e-Visa to travel to Singapore, contact our support team via e-mail or phone.
Singapore e-Visa application process
Citizens of countries that need an electronic visa to travel to Singapore must apply at least 3 business days in advance of their visit. Read on to learn how to make a successful visa application online.
Applicants should follow 3 simple steps to submit an online application. Ensure that you meet all of the online visa requirements and have all of the required documents before starting the application process.
Once prepared, follow this electronic visa application guide to submit an application that will be positively approved:
- Have your valid documents on hand and start by choosing your travel purpose using the panel on the left-hand side. Provide your data in the application form and make sure every piece of information is correct. Attach the supporting documents and move on to the next step.
- Make an online payment to pay the visa fees. Once applicants payments register, they will receive a confirmation e-mail with their entry permit confirmation number.
- Wait for up to 72 hours (3 business days) for your Singapore e-Visa to be approved. Once it's processed, the e-Visa will be delivered in a PDF version to the e-mail address you have provided in an online form. Lastly, print your electronic visa and have it with you on your travel to Singapore.
Our visa services provide several online payment methods on our website for applicants to use. Choose the most convenient one for you and make the payment to receive your entry permit quickly.
Should you need help, have any questions, or need more information regarding the application process, do not hesitate to get in contact with our support team.
Singapore e-Visa validity
Singapore e-Visa validity starts on the day of the visa issue and lasts 30 days (one month).
Please note! Each Singapore visitor needs to have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Singapore.
To not face any problems while traveling to your final destination, it is advised to have an e-Visa upon transiting through Singapore.
Make sure to have your e-Visa and your valid passport upon arrival in Singapore.
Requirements on arrival
All travelers should have prepared two essential documents upon entering Singapore. Please apply for your entry permit to Singapore a few days in advance of your travel and once it's approved, make sure you have a hard copy of your Singapore visa.
Travelers coming to Singapore should have the following documents ready upon arrival:
- a printed e-Visa copy
- a valid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months beyond the arrival in Singapore date
This section contains crucial information regarding the required documents that need to be prepared before making an online visa application. Prepare the listed documents and attach them to your application form.
Every traveler should attach the following to their visa application:
- a legible scan/copy of the applicant's valid passport or other travel document bio-data page (in color)
- applicant's photograph taken within the passport photo standard
- a yellow fever certificate (only applicable to travelers coming from the high-risk countries)
Make sure to upload a photo taken within the last 3 months from applying.
Please note! In some cases, travelers must attach an additional V39A form, which is a letter written by a local contact in Singapore. The local contact must be either a Singapore citizen or permanent resident and be at least 21 years old.
For all business-related travels, the Letter of Introduction for Visa Application must be written by a local contact that acts on behalf of a business entity registered in Singapore.
In case you would not be able to obtain the LOI from a local contact from Singapore, LOIs issued by a Singapore Embassies are also accepted.
- visa processing time may take up to 72 hours (3 business days); apply online at least 3 working days in advance of your travel to obtain your entry permit on time
- every applicant must have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Singapore
- some applicants need to attach an additional V39A form (a Letter of Introduction for Visa Application)
- the local contact writing the LOI must be a Singapore citizen or a permanent resident
- e-Visa must be printed out and taken to the airport along with a valid traveler's passport
- Singapore e-Visa allows a stay of up to 30 days
- a team of visa experts always thoroughly checks submitted applications before forwarding them to the Singapore government for approval
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Singapore e-Visa
- What is Singapore e-Visa?
Singapore e-Visa serves as a single-entry visa issued in an electronic form and allows its holders to stay in Singapore for up to 30 days. Follow a 3-step process and make an online visa application to receive it at your e-mail address in a PDF form. Electronic visa can be used for tourism and business purposes, dedicated to tourists and business travelers.
- Which countries need an online visa for Singapore?
Travelers from nearly 40 countries must have an electronic visa upon entering Singapore. Check the 'List of eligible countries' section to see the detailed list of countries that need to make an online application before traveling to Singapore.
- Do children need a e-Visa for Singapore?
Children, as well as all other Singapore visitors, need to have a Singapore e-Visa to cross the country's border if they come from countries that need to make an application. Applications for all underage travelers should be submitted by their parents or guardians.
- Is it easy to get a Singapore e-Visa?
Obtaining a Singapore visa online when using our services is more than simple! All you have to do is make an online application via our website. The application process can be completed on any working device with an internet connection within a few minutes from home or any other place. Moreover, if you need any further information or face any problems while applying, our support team is available via e-mail and phone to assist you throughout the whole process.
- What documents do I need for a Singapore e-Visa?
The following documents must be attached to online applications: a readable scan of the travelers' passport's bio-data page and a photo of the applicant taken within the last 3 months. In some cases, travelers need to attach a Letter of Introduction for application from a local Singapore contact that is at least 21 years old. Visitors coming from high-risk yellow fever countries need to attach a yellow fever certificate.
- How to apply for a visa for Singapore online?
To get your entry permit, use our website to submit an application form. Completing the process of applying will take you just a few minutes and can be done from the comfort of your home. Applications are double-checked by our professional team of experts before the approval of the Singapore officials. Pay the fee and receive your e-Visa at your e-mail address.
- How long does it take to get an e-Visa for Singapore?
The processing time for Singapore e-Visa takes up to 72 hours (3 business days). Therefore, make sure to apply a few days in advance of your travel. If you put the data in the application form incorrectly, the processing time may elongate. Make sure to double-check the provided information.
- How will I receive a Singapore e-Visa?
After submitting the form using our website and after making the payment, the approved Singapore e-Visa arrives at the traveler's e-mail address in a PDF form and needs to be then printed out.
- How long can I stay in Singapore with an e-Visa?
e-Visa enables travelers to stay in the country for up to 30 days. Please note! Singapore e-Visa is a single-entry permit. Once you leave the country, you will need to apply for a new visa.
- How long is an e-Visa for Singapore good for?
e-Visa stays effective for 30 days (one month) from the date of visa issue. Make sure that your passport will be valid throughout your whole trip, as both documents need to remain valid.
- Can I extend my stay in Singapore with my e-Visa?
Travelers may extend their stay in Singapore upon paying a fee for the additional days of the visit. Apply for visa extension online at least 7 days before your visa expires to avoid overstaying without an appropriate entry permit.
- What can I do if my Singapore e-Visa is denied?
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email