Visa for Egypt
Egypt e-Visa: Basic Information
Egypt is one of the most-visited countries in the world when it comes to tourism, and with good reason: The country has some of the most enduring and important landmarks in the history of humanity, as well as a vibrant and modern culture in its present-day cities and towns. These days, travel is easy for tourists and business travelers alike thanks to Egypt's eVisa program.
An eVisa is an electronic travel document issued by the Egyptian government. Citizens of eligible nations an apply for an eVisa online in as little as 7 days in advance of travel, eliminating the need for the costly and time-consuming procedures associated with the Embassy visas of the past.
There are two types of eVisa offered: a single entry visa, and a multiple entry visa. Single entry visas are valid for 90 days and cost 69 euros. Multiple entry visas are valid for 180 days and cost 99 euros.
Types of eVisa for Egypt
Egypt offers a single entry eVisa and a multiple entry eVisa. Both types are categorized as a tourist visa.
The single entry Egypt visa is valid for three months from the date of issue. You may enter Egypt at any time within that period and stay for up to 30 consecutive days. Your eVisa expires at the end of your 30-day visit, or the first time you exit the country, whichever comes first.
The multiple entry Egypt visa is valid for six months from the date of issue. You may enter Egypt at any time within that period and stay for up to 30 consecutive days. You may exit and enter the country as many times as you wish within the six-month validity period, at the end of which your eVisa expires.
For more information about eVisa validity and stay lengths, see "eVisa to Egypt - Validity Period", below.
Currently, the e-Visa for Egypt is issued for tourist purposes only. However, it can also be used for business purposes if you have a document verifying that you are traveling to Egypt for business activities (i.e., attending a conference, signing a contract, etc.)
This document should take the form of a letter of invitation from an Egyptian company. Business travelers must carry a copy of their letter of invitation, along with their valid passport and approved e-Visa, and present all three documents to Customs officials upon arrival in Egypt.
All travelers entering Egypt for the purpose of visiting family must bear a letter of invitation from a family member.
For full details regarding supporting documentation for an Egypt visa, please see "Visa required documents", below.
List of eligible countries
Citizens of the countries listed below are eligible to apply for a pre-approved e-Visa for Egypt. If you do not see your country on this list, then it's likely that you must obtain a traditional Embassy visa before your visit.
- Czech Republic
- Korea, South
- Macedonia (North)
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
Visa on arrival is available for Turkish citizens in the following circumstances only:
- Traveler enters Egypt by air
- Traveler is under 18 years of age, or over 45 years
- Traveler has a permanent residence permit issued by Australia, Canada, USA, or an EU member state
All business travelers, as well as travelers on family visits, must bear a letter of invitation from the company or family member with whom they will be working/residing for the duration of their visit.
Egypt eVisa Application Form
The application process with Evisa Express takes only minutes when you have all of your supporting documentation on hand. You will need a color scan or digital photo of the bio-data page of your passport, a recent photo, and a letter of invitation (only necessary for business and family visits - see "Visa required documents", below, for more information).
Please note that the government of Egypt requests that you submit you application at least seven days in advance of your travel.
To get started with your application, find the application portal for the e-Visa system in the left-hand sidebar of this page. Select either "Single entry" or "Multiple entry" as your purpose of travel. Then click "Apply online".
At this point, you'll be taken to the main application form. Supply your email address, intended dates of travel, and passport information, as well as other personal and travel details. You'll also have an opportunity to upload supporting documents. Please follow all guidelines provided during the application process. Finally, applicants are asked to pay their e-Visa processing fee by debit or credit card. Alternate methods of secure online payment are also available.
Directly after the submission of your application, you will receive a confirmation email containing your personalized application reference number. Nearly all applicants can expect to receive their final application results in under 72 hours. However, the government of Egypt has certain rights reserved, including the right to extend the application process as needed.
Once approved, your eVisa will be sent directly to your email inbox in PDF format. Please print out your Egypt eVisa and have it with you when you enter the country, along with your valid passport and letter of invitation (if necessary). Please make sure that you have at least one free page in your passport ready to receive your Egyptian entry stamp upon arrival.
The Evisa Express success rate for Egypt visa application approval is 97%.
Please note: All passports must be valid for at least six months past the intended date of entry to Egypt. Evisa Express checks all applications thoroughly before submitting them to the government of Egypt. Any applicant who submits a passport scan/digital photo showing an expiry date within 6 months of their intended date of entry will have their application cancelled and their payment refunded.
Egypt offers two types of travel visa: single entry and multiple entry. Both types of visa enable tourists to stay within the country for periods of up to 30 days in a row. However, the validity periods and entry/exit permissions of each visa differ significantly. Read on for more information.
Single Entry Egypt eVisa - validity period and stay lengths:
- Validity begins on the date of issuance and lasts for three months (90 days)
- You must enter Egypt within 90 days of receiving your visa
- You may stay in Egypt for up to 30 days in a row, starting from your date of entry. This means that even if you enter on the final day of your visa's validity period, you may still stay for up to 30 consecutive days
- Leaving Egypt triggers the expiration of your eVisa; if you wish to enter Egypt again, you must apply for a new visa
Multiple Entry Egypt eVisa - validity period and stay lengths:
- Validity begins on the date of issuance and lasts for six months (180 days)
- You must enter Egypt within 180 days of receiving your visa
- You may stay in Egypt for up to 30 days in a row, starting from your date of entry
- You may enter and exit Egypt as many times as you like during the 180-day validity period
All travelers take note: Your Egypt eVisa is connected to your passport number. If your passport number changes for any reason (for example, your passport expires, is lost, or updated), your eVisa will automatically expire and you will need a new one if you intend to return to Egypt. Applications for a new Egypt eVisa can be made through this website.
All travelers from eligible countries who wish to transit through Egypt on their way somewhere else must apply for an electronic tourist visa for Egypt. Egypt does not offer a separate visa for transit purposes. All travelers from eligible countries who wish to transit through Egypt on their way somewhere else must apply for an electronic tourist visa for Egypt. Egypt does not offer a separate visa for transit purposes.
Is my country eligible?
To find out whether your country is cleared for eVisa travel, see the "List of eligible countries", above. If your country is listed, you may apply for your eVisa using the application form on this website; if not, please contact the nearest Egyptian Embassy or Consulate for information about applying for a traditional Egyptian visa (for example, a traveller living in London would contact Egypt Consulate, London).
Requirements on Arrival
Egypt has certain entry rules which all eVisa travelers must follow:
- All travelers must carry a passport that will be valid for at least 6 months past the date of arrival
- All travelers must carry a print-out or photocopy of their valid electronic Egypt visa (black-and-white printouts are allowed)
- Travelers entering the country for business or family visits must also carry a physical copy of a letter of invitation from the company or family member they are visiting
- e-Visa Egypt is only available to citizens of certain countries (see the "List of eligible countries", above.) Citizens of nations not on the list must apply for a traditional visa through an Egyptian Embassy or Consulate
- Turkish citizens are eligible for visa on arrival/e-Visa Egypt only if they arrive via airport, are younger than 18 years old or older than 45, and have permanent residence in Australia, Canada, the USA, or an EU member country. Otherwise, Turkish citizens must apply for a traditional visa through an Egyptian Embassy or Consulate
Visa required documents
Citizens of eligible countries (listed above) will be asked to upload the following documents to their online application form:
- Color scan or digital photo of the bio-data page of the applicant's passport. Passport must be valid for at least 6 months past the intended date of arrival in Egypt
- Photograph of the applicant, following passport photo guidelines, taken within the past 6 months
- Business travellers only: A letter of invitation from the Egyptian company the traveller will be cooperating with
- Family visit travellers only: A letter of invitation from the family member the traveller will be primarily visiting with
All applicants for an Egypt eVisa should be aware of the following information:
- Please ensure that your passport is valid at least 6 months past your intended date of entry into Egypt
- Even children need eVisas. All visitors from the eligible countries listed above must adhere to Egypt visa requirements, regardless of age. eVisas for children can be obtained through the Evisa Express website, using the same application form as for adults
- The electronic Egypt visa is valid for 90 days or 180 days, and authorizes stays up to 30 days in a row. It is not possible to extend your Egypt visa unless you have an Egyptian permanent residence card. To spend more time in Egypt, you must apply for a new eVisa. This can be done through the application found here on the Evisa Express website
- Citizens of Germany, Belgium, France, Portugal, and Italy are not required to provide a passport; a valid ID card will suffice. If traveling with an ID rather than a passport, simply give your ID details rather than passport details anywhere your application asks for them. For example, attach a color scan of your ID card (both sides) instead of your passport, and provide your ID card number when asked for a passport number
- eVisas do not authorize employment or labor within Egypt. Travel is allowed "for business purposes" in cooperation with an Egyptian company - not direct employment. If you seek employment in Egypt, contact your nearest Egyptian Embassy or Consulate for information about obtaining the proper visa
- If your passport number changes, your electronic Egypt visa expires. Your eVisa is directly connected to your passport number; if that number is altered (through loss, replacement, updating, etc,) then you must apply for a new Egypt e-Visa in order to travel to Egypt
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guaranty of service
FAQ about Egypt e-Visa
- What is Egypt e-Visa?
The Egypt e-Visa is an electronic travel document that you can apply for online. It allows tourists, business travelers, and travelers visiting family to stay in Egypt for periods of up to 30 days in a row. There are two types of Egypt visa: single entry (valid for 90 days) and multiple entry (valid for 180 days). See "eVisa to Egypt - Application Form", above, for more information about applying for your eVisa through this website.
- How to apply for Egypt e-Visa?
All you need to apply for your electronic Egypt visa is your passport, a recent photo, a debit or credit card, a letter of invitation (business and family travelers only), and an internet connection. See See "eVisa to Egypt - Application Form", above, for full details about our online application process.
- How long does it take to get an e-Visa for Egypt?
The government of Egypt recommends that you apply for your eVisa at least 7 days in advance of your travel. However, once you submit your application, you can expect your approval to come within 3 business days (72 hours). Our success rate for the Egypt eVisa is 97%.
- Do I need eVisa if I am traveling to Sharm el Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba and Taba resorts?
Travelers from eligible countries who are visiting Sharm el Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba and Taba resorts for periods of 15 days or less do not require an eVisa. These travelers will be issued a stamp at their airport of entry allowing them to travel to their resort of destination. It is necessary to show an onward/return flight ticket in order to receive the 15-day stamp. Travelers who wish to spend more than 15 days at the resorts listed above, or wish to leave the resort in order to travel elsewhere in Egypt, must still apply for an eVisa. For details about the application process, see "eVisa to Egypt - Application Form", above.
- How long is Egypt e-Visa valid for?
The Egypt e-Visa comes in two types: Single-entry, valid for 90 days from the date of issue, and multiple entry, valid for 180 days from the date of issue. For more information, see "eVisa to Egypt - Validity Period", above.
- Who needs an e-Visa for Egypt?
All travelers from eligible countries need an eVisa for Egypt, regardless of age. See the "List of eligible countries", above, for eligibility information based on nationality.
- How much is an Egypt e-Visa?
Travelers pay 69 euros for a single entry visa, and 99 euros for a multi-entry visa.
- What are the requirements for Egypt e-Visa?
In order to obtain an Egypt e-Visa, travelers must a) be from an eligible country, and b) be able to supply the necessary supporting documents, including a valid passport, recent photo, and letter of invitation (business and family-visit travelers only). For information about eVisa eligibility by nationality, see the "List of eligible countries", above. For documentation requirements, see "Visa required documents", above.
- How long does it take for Egypt e-Visa to be approved?
Once you submit your application to Evisa Express, it takes up to 3 business days for approval. Please note that the Egyptian government requests that you apply for your eVisa at least 7 business days in advance of your travel.
- Can I get an Egypt visa on arrival?
The following nationalities are eligible for visa on arrival: All EU member countries, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Norway, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, UK, USA.
However, just because visa on arrival is available doesn't mean it's the best choice for every traveler. Getting a pre-approved eVisa has several advantages. First, it's more secure than visa on arrival: Approval of visa on arrival is not guaranteed. You don't want to pay for airfare only to be sent back right after arriving in Egypt. When you apply for an eVisa with Evisa Express, your application is pre-screened for liabilities, maximizing your chances of approval. Using an e-Visa also means avoiding long lines at the airport - and in a country famous for tourism, like Egypt, the lines can be very long.
- What if my Egypt e-Visa is denied?
The government of Egypt reserves the right to turn away any traveler at their point of entry, including those with pre-approved eVisas. However, such cases are extremely rare. Evisa Express is not affiliated with the government of Egypt in any way, and cannot be held responsible for government decisions. In the event that your eVisa is denied at your point of entry, please work with Customs and Immigration officials to resolve the issue.
- How long can I stay in Egypt with e-Visa?
Whether you have a single entry or multiple entry visa, you are permitted to stay up to 30 consecutive days on one visit. For more information on stay length and visa validity, see "eVisa to Egypt - Validity Information", above.
- Can I apply for an Egypt E-visa for my child?
All citizens of eligible countries can, and must, apply for an eVisa when traveling to Egypt for purposes of tourism, business, or family visits. For more information on eligibility, see the "List of eligible countries", above; for information about the application process, see "eVisa to Egypt - Application Form".
- Can I extend Egypt e-Visa?
You cannot extend your eVisa to Egypt. If you wish to spend more time in Egypt, it is necessary to leave the country before your eVisa expires, apply for a new eVisa, and re-enter.
- How long does it take to apply for Egypt e-Visa?
If you have all of your supporting documents available in digital form, it takes only minutes to apply for the Egypt e-Visa through our website. See "eVisa to Egypt - Application Form", above, for more information.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email