Visa for Egypt
eVisa to Egypt: Basic Information
An eVisa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within the country. This means that if you are planning a trip to Egypt, you will also need an e-visa in addition to your passport. Any citizen of a country who is exempt from the visa requirement must submit an online e-visa application to travel to Egypt. The entire process of applying for an e-visa is done through the website, so it means that a visit to the embassy is not necessary.
The cost of an Egyptian e-visa varies and depends on the type of stay. A single entry visa valid for 90 costs 69 Euro, while the price for an e-visa enabling multiple stays in Egypt is 99 Euro.
- Types of eVisa
E-visa allows you to enter Egypt for tourist purposes. We distinguish two types of electronic visa to Egypt, depending on the number of entries
Single Entry eVisa – issued for one entry with a stay of up to 30 days.
Multiple entry eVisa– valid for 6 months, starting on the date of approval. Good for stays of up to 30 consecutive days.
Although the e-visa is issued only for tourist purposes, it can be used for business travel as well. In this case, all you need is a document confirming the nature of the trip, for instance, an invitation letter issued by a company in Egypt. Therefore, business travelers must show a valid passport, an e-visa issued and the invitation letter upon arrival in Egypt.
- List of eligible countries
Citizens from the countries listed below must apply for an eVisa in order to travel to Egypt:Albania
United States of America
Vatican City (Holy See)
If your country of citizenship is not listed, it is necessary to apply for a standard embassy visa in order to visit Egypt.
Citizens of Turkey can obtain a visa on arrival (on the airport) if provided being aged 45 years and above or 18 years and below or having a residence permit (for an indefinite period) issued by Australia, Canada, USA, and an EU Member state.
All business travelers and travelers visiting family must also bear a letter of invitation from the entity by which they will be received (company or family member)
- eVisa to Egypt - Application Form
To complete the visa application you will need to fill in the form and attach a colored copy of your passport, more precisely the page containing your personal data and photo. After submitting the application online, you will receive a confirmation of submission by e-mail and the time of the process of your application. Usually, it takes about 72 hours, but the process of issuing an e-visa itself depends on the decision of the Immigration Office in Egypt and may be extended. You will be notified by email about the result of your visa application. After receiving the e-visa, please print it out. You will be required to show it together with a valid passport when you arrive at the airport. We also recommend that you have at least one free page in your passport to affix the stamp confirming entry to Egypt by customs officials.
To complete the application, use the panel on the left. Next, choose the type of trip: single or multiple entries (30 or 90 days), and enter your citizenship (in compliance to your passport). Finally, click "Apply online" and fill out the form.
- eVisa to Egypt - Validity Period
Egypt offers both single and multiple entry eVisas, valid for stays of up to 30 consecutive days for each visit.
Single Entry eVisa – issued for one entry with a maximum stay of up to 30 days and is valid for three months from the date of issue of the document. The visa must be used for entry within 90 days of the date of issue. This means that even on the last day of your visa's validity you can use it to enter Egypt and stay in the country for 30 days.
Multiple entry eVisa - issued for multiple entries with a single entry up to 30 days, valid for 6 months. This means it must be used within 180 days of the date of issue.
- eVisa to Egypt - Transit Information
For transit through Egypt, you must apply for a tourist e-visa - there is no separate visa for transit purposes only. The possibility of applying for an e-visa applies only to citizens of countries that are covered by visa-free travel. If the country does not have a list, the citizen must go to the embassy to obtain a regular visa.
- Requirements on Arrival
To enter Egypt you must have a valid passport and a printed e-visa (black and white option is allowed). Remember that the passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of entry. Both documents will be needed for verification by customs officials in Egypt. On arrival in Egypt, you will receive a stamp confirming entry into the country. However, in the case of a business trip to Egypt, you will also need to show a document confirming the nature of your visit.
If your citizenship is not on the list of countries that can apply for an e-visa, you must apply for a regular visa at the embassy to visit Egypt.
For instance, for Turkish citizens, it is only possible to apply for a visa at the airport, but the condition is that the traveler must have a permanent residence card issued by Australia, Canada, the USA or European countries. Otherwise, an e-visa cannot be obtained.
Visa required documents
- Nationals from eligible countries (listed above) must provide:
– Photocopy of the photo page of the applicant's passport
Although the entire process of obtaining an e-visa is simple and quick, there are a few guidelines that should be followed during the application. Here are the most important ones:
- The minimum passport validity is at least 6 months from entering Egypt
- An e-visa is also required for children - regardless of age, anyone with a passport must apply online for an e-visa to enter Egypt
- Extension of stay is allowed for people with a permanent resident card in Egypt only. It is not possible to stay in the country for longer than the time specified on the visa without this document.
- Citizens of Germany, Belgium, France, Portugal, and Italy can travel to the country on the basis of a valid ID card only. Therefore, when applying for an e-visa, instead of a copy of your passport, you can attach a scan of your ID card (both sides of the document). Similarly, instead of the passport number, they provide the ID card number.
- E-visas do not authorize you to work in Egypt. In this case, a different type of visa and a visit to the embassy is essential.
- If your passport expires or you lose it, you must submit a new visa application. The e-visa is assigned electronically to the passport number, therefore it expires with any changes in the passport.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guaranty of service
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email