Egypt e-Visa Online Application
Egypt e-Visa: Basic Information
Egypt is one of the most-visited countries in the world when it comes to tourism and these days, traveling there is effortless thanks to the Egypt e-Visa program.
An e-Visa is an electronic entry permit issued by the Egyptian government. Citizens of the eligible countries can easily apply for it online in as little as 7 days in advance of travel, eliminating the need for the costly and time-consuming procedures associated with the Embassy visas of the past.
There are two types of the Egyptian e-Visa available, there is a single-entry permit and a multiple-entry one. Both can be used for tourism and business purposes.
Read on to learn all about the characteristics of the electronic visa to Egypt, the fees, and how to complete the application process. Then choose the best option for your travel needs!
Egypt e-Visa types
Egypt offers two different e-Visa types, see how they differ and which one will be best for you:
- a single-entry e-Visa for a 30-day stay that stays valid for three months (90 days) from the date of issuing. You may visit Egypt one time during the validity period for both tourism and business purpoes.
- a multiple-entry e-Visa for a 30-day stay that expires after six months from the date of issue. You may enter Egypt at any time within that period and stay for up to 30 days. You may exit and enter the country as many times as you wish within the six-month validity period.
Make sure that you have a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival to Egypt, no matter which e-Visa type should you choose.
List of eligible countries
Citizens of the countries listed below are eligible to apply for an e-Visa for Egypt, check if your country of citizenship is on the following list:
- Czech Republic
- Korea, South
- Macedonia (North)
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
Visa on arrival is available for Turkish citizens in the following circumstances only:
- Traveler enters Egypt by air
- Traveler is under 18 years of age, or over 45 years
- Traveler has a permanent residence permit issued by Australia, Canada, USA, or an EU member state
Egypt e-Visa application form
The application process for the Egyptian e-Visa takes only minutes to complete and can be done using any working device with an internet connection!
Submit your application at least seven days in advance of your travel to receive the necessary entry permit on time.
Use the panel located on the left-hand side and choose the preferred e-Visa type. Click the 'Apply online' button and follow these simple steps to complete the process:
- Fill the application form: provide some basic personal and travel details, such as your name, surname, birthdate, passport details, and email address. Double-check if there are no errors and move on to the next step.
- Cover the Egypt e-Visa fees (either 69 or 99 Euro, depending on the selected type of entry permit) and see if you have received a confirmation number.
- Check your inbox for the approved e-Visa in a PDF form. The average processing time is just 71 hours when using our services!
Our rate of successfully approved Egypt e-Visa applications is at 97%!
Please note: All passports must be valid for at least six months past the intended date of arrival. Evisa Express checks all applications thoroughly before submitting them to the government of Egypt.
Egypt offers two types of travel visa: single entry and multiple entry. Both types of e-Visa enable tourists to stay within the country for periods of up to 30 days in a row. However, the validity period differs depending on which one should you choose.
The single-entry e-Visa stays valid for three months from the date of issue, while the multiple-entry one expires after six months from the date of approval.
Please note: Egypt e-Visa is connected to your passport. If your passport number changes for any reason (for example, your passport expires, is lost, or updated), your e-Visa will automatically become invalid and you will need a new one if you intend to return to Egypt.
All travelers from eligible countries who wish to transit through Egypt on their way somewhere else must apply for an e-Visa first. Make sure that you have a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival and submit your application online.
Please note! You must apply at least 7 days in advance of your trip to receive your entry permit on time.
Requirements on Arrival
Before entering Egypt, make sure to prepare the following:
- carry a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months past the date of arrival
- have the print-out copy of your Egypt e-Visa (can be black-and-white)
- travelers entering the country for business or family visits must also carry a physical copy of a letter of invitation from the company or family member they are visiting
Egypt e-Visa Sample
Citizens of eligible countries will be asked to upload the following documents to their online application form:
- a digital photo of the bio-data page of the applicant's passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Egypt
- applicant's face photo (that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
- Business travelers only: A letter of invitation from the Egyptian company the traveler will be working with
- Family visitors only: A letter of invitation from the family member the traveler plans to visit
- Please ensure that your passport will stay valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entering Egypt
- Children also need an e-Visa for Egypt. Applications for underage travelers must be made by their parents/guardians.
- The electronic Egypt visa stays valid for 90 or 180 days, and authorizes visits up to 30 days in a row. It is not possible to extend your Egypt e-Visa.
- Citizens of Germany, Belgium, France, Portugal, and Italy are not required to provide a passport; a valid ID card will be enough.
- e-Visas do not authorize employment or labor within Egypt. Travel is allowed "for business purposes" in cooperation with an Egyptian company - not direct employment.
- If your passport number changes, your e-Visa becomes invalid.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guaranty of service
FAQ about Egypt e-Visa
- What is Egypt e-Visa?
The Egypt e-Visa is an electronic entry permit that you can apply for online. It allows tourists and business travelers to stay in Egypt for up to 30 days in a row. There are two types available: a single entry permit (valid for 90 days) and multiple entry one (valid for 180 days).
- How to apply for Egypt e-Visa?
Apply online using any working device with an internet connection. Simply choose the preferred type of entry permit and fill the application form with some basic personal and travel details. Cover the fees and wait for the approved Egypt e-Visa to arrive at your email address in a PDF form.
- How long does it take to get an e-Visa for Egypt?
Apply at least 7 days in advance of your travel to receive the necessary entry permit on time. The average processing time when using our services is just 71 hours from submiting the form. Make sure to put your details correctly to avoid any delays.
- Do I need e-Visa if I am traveling to Sharm el Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba and Taba resorts?
Travelers from eligible countries who are visiting Sharm el Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba and Taba resorts for periods of 15 days or less do not require an e-Visa. These travelers will be issued a stamp at their airport of entry allowing them to travel to their resort of destination. It is necessary to show an onward/return flight ticket in order to receive the 15-day stamp.
- How long is Egypt e-Visa valid for?
The Egypt e-Visa comes in two types: a single-entry permit that stays valid for 90 days from the date of issue and multiple-entry one valid for 180 days from the date of issuing. Make sure that your passport will not expire for the whole duration of your trip.
- Who needs an e-Visa for Egypt?
Every person traveling to Egypt, regardless of age, must first obtain an e-Visa. See the "List of eligible countries" to check if you can make an online application. Prepare your valid passport and apply using any working device.
- How much is an Egypt e-Visa?
The price of the Egypt e-Visa depends on the selected type of entry permit. A single-entry one costs 69 Euro, while the multiple-entry one 99 Euro. All applicants have several secure online payment methods to choose from to cover the fees.
- What are the requirements for Egypt e-Visa?
In order to obtain an Egypt e-Visa travelers must be citizens from one of the eligible countries and be able to provide the necessary supporting documents. Make sure that you have a valid passport, a recent photo of yourself, and a letter of invitation (business and family-visit travelers only). The applicant's face photo can be taken using a phone or a PC camera.
- Can I get an Egypt visa on arrival?
The following nationalities are eligible for visa on arrival: All EU member countries, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Norway, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, UK, USA. However, getting an e-Visa is far more secure than visa on arrival, since approval of the visa on arrival is not guaranteed.
- What if my Egypt e-Visa is denied?
Should your Egypt e-Visa not get approved, make sure that you have put all information in the application form correctly and that you've met all of the requirements. If there were no mistakes in the online form, please contact our support team via email or phone.
- How long can I stay in Egypt with e-Visa?
Whether you have a single-entry or a multiple-entry e-Visa, you are permitted to stay up to 30 consecutive days on one visit. Make sure that your passport will stay valid for the whole duration of your trip.
- Can I apply for an Egypt e-Visa for my child?
All citizens of eligible countries must apply for an e-Visa when traveling to Egypt for purposes of tourism, business, or family visits. Applications for the underage travelers must be made by their parents/guardians.
- Can I extend Egypt e-Visa?
You cannot extend your e-Visa to Egypt. If you wish to spend more time in Egypt, it is necessary to make an online application for a new entry permit. Make sure to first go back to your country of citizenship.
- How long does it take to apply for Egypt e-Visa?
Applying online takes just a few minutes! Use any working device with an internet connection to submit the form anywhere at any time. Make sure to prepare your valid passport and the approved e-Visa for Egypt will arrive at your email address in a PDF form.
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email