Madagascar eVisa Application Online
Madagascar eVisa - Basic Information
The Madagascar eVisa is a single-entry online visa that allows its holders to stay in Madagascar for either 30 or 60 days for all tourism-related purposes.
The electronic visa system was introduced in Madagascar in 2017 to help foreign visitors in handling their visas in a much quicker and easier way - online.
Anyone traveling to Madagascar must first apply online for one of the two eVisa options available.
Both Madagascar eVisa types serve as a single-entry travel authorization but differ in the length of the maximum stay allowed and the validity period, which is either 30 or 60 days.
Citizens from every country worldwide are eligible to submit an online application for the Madagascar eVisa! All travelers need is a working device, e.g., a phone or laptop with an internet connection, and a valid passport.
To complete the application process, travelers must follow our simple and intuitive 3-step guide. Fill an application form with their data, make an online payment, and wait for their approved entry permit to be delivered to their email box!
All travelers with a valid passport can choose to apply for one of the two Madagascar eVisa types available:
- a single-entry eVisa for a 30-day stay
- a single-entry eVisa for a 60-day stay
Both can be used for all tourism-related reasons and allow only one entrance to Madagascar. Select an online visa type that will be best for the intended length of your visit!
The online Madagascar visa processing takes just 72 hours (3 business days). Spare a few minutes to submit the application form online and wait for your entry permit to be delivered to your inbox!
Prepare your valid passport and follow this simple guide to obtain your eVisa quickly:
- Provide your data, travel details, passport information, and an active email address in the application form. Double-check if everything is correct and move on to the next step.
- Make an online payment using any preferred method and check if you have received a confirmation email.
- Lastly, wait for your approved eVisa to arrive at your email address in PDF form!
Our support team is available to all applicants via email or phone for assistance during and after completing the process of applying!
Madagascar eVisa validity depends on the type selected. If you choose a single-entry online visa for a 30-day stay, your entry permit will stay effective for one month. Choosing the second type available grants you a two-month validity.
The validity period starts on the planned date of entry stated in the application form. Make sure to provide the correct date while applying online!
eVisa is obligatory upon transiting through Madagascar on the way to your final destination. The landing authorization is mandatory even if you don't plan on leaving the airport while transiting.
Apply online at least 3 business days before your departure, and make sure that you have a valid passport and your online visa to Madagscar ready!
Once you have submitted the application form and received the approved Madagascar eVisa, print it out. Every traveler should have the online visa print-out and a valid passport upon their arrival.
Pay the additional government fee upon entering the island of Madagascar that differs according to which electronic visa type you have selected.
Every country is eligible for the Madagascar eVisa. Make sure that you have a passport that will not expire for the next 6 months starting from your planned date of arrival and apply online.
The only thing that travelers need to complete an online application is a valid passport.
Double-check if the information provided in an online form matches your travel document.
Please note! To apply for an electronic visa for Madagascar, your passport must stay valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of arrival.
- the online application must be made at least 3 business days in advance of your travel to Madagascar
- electronic visa for Madagascar stays valid for 30 or 60 days depending on the online visa type selected
- once you arrive in Madagascar, cover the additional government fee at the airport that differs according to the type of online visa you applied for
- each applicant must have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival
- travelers can stay in Madagascar for either 30 or 60 days and should select an appropriate travel eVisa
- eVisa allows its holders to visit Madagascar for tourism and transit purposes
- our support team is available to all applicants at every step of applying
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Madagascar eVisa
- What is the Madagascar eVisa?
Madagascar eVisa is an electronic entry permit that allows a single visit to Madagascar for passport holders from every country worldwide. Apply for your visa online and enter the island for 30 or even 60 days. The electronic tourism visa is easily obtainable following a simple 3-step process of applying!
- Do I need an online visa for Madagascar?
Travelers from every country worldwide need an online visa to enter Madagascar. Select the eVisa type that will be best for your travel needs. Applicants can choose between a 30-day stay and a 60-day stay on the island.
- Do children need an eVisa for Madagascar?
Children are also expected to have an eVisa once they arrive in Madagascar. Thus, applications for all underage travelers should be submitted by their parents or guardians. Please note! Children's passport must also be valid for at least 6 months starting from the planned arrival date.
- Can I enter Madagascar without an online visa?
No, anyone traveling to or transiting through Madagascar must have a valid tourist online visa and a travel document that will not expire for at least 6 months. The landing authorization is mandatory to have upon transiting even if you won't leave the airport.
- What documents do I need for the Madagascar eVisa?
The only document that is obligatory to prepare before applying for the Madagascar eVisa is a passport with at least 6-month validity. Enter your passport details while filling the application form and make sure every piece of information is correct.
- How to apply for an electronic Madagascar visa?
To apply for the electronic tourist visa online, select the type of entry permit you need (for either 60 or 30 days). Next, fill the application form by providing your personal data, passport information, travel details, and your email address. Lastly, make an online payment and wait for your approved Madagascar eVisa to arrive in your inbox.
- How will I receive my eVisa?
Madagascar eVisa will be delivered to the applicant's email box as soon as it's approved. Your entry permit will be sent in PDF form. Make sure to provide an active email address while applying to receive the document without any issues.
- How long does it take to get the electronic Madagascar visa?
The electronic Madagascar tourist visas are approved within 72 hours (3 business days) from submitting the application form online. Apply at least 3 days in advance of your travel to receive your online visa on time.
- Do I need to print the Madagascar eVisa?
It's best to have your Madagascar eVisa printed and have an additional copy on your mobile device. The customs officials will check if each traveler has an appropriate online visa and a valid passport.
- How long can I stay in Madagascar with an eVisa?
The electronic visas to Madagascar allow a 30-day or a 60-day stay on the island. Choose the entry permit type that will be the most suitable for your needs and apply for your visa online using any working device!
- How long is an online visa for Madagascar good for?
The online visa for Madagascar stays valid for either 30 or 60 days, depending on the type selected. Please note! Your passport must not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival. Whenever your passport loses validity, should you change any data on it, or lose your travel document, eVisa becomes invalid.
- Can I get an electronic visa on arrival in Madagascar?
Yes, the Madagascar electronic visa is available on arrival. However, to speed up the eVisa handling process, avoid any stress and long lines at the airport, apply for your entry permit online. The approved online visa will be delivered to the applicant's email box in PDF form within a maximum of 3 business days!
- Can I extend my stay in Madagascar with an eVisa?
The electronic visa is necessary to enter Madagascar and can be extended up to 90 days (three months). Contact the Immigration Office before your entry permit expires and find out if you can extend your stay on the island.
- What can I do if my online Madagascar visa is denied?
Check if you have met the online visa requirements and see if you have provided correct information in the application form. If yes, contact our support team to resolve the issues with the eVisa rejection. Click the 'Contact' button located at the top of the page to access our email address and phone number.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email