Romania e-Visa Application
Romania e-Visa: Basic information
The Romania e-Visa is a multiple-entry online visa that allows travelers from 104 eligible countries to stay in Romania for tourism, business, and transit-related purposes.
Romanian visa is now available in an electronic form and serves as a required document to have to enter the territory of this country.
Travelers can complete a simple online application process to get a multiple-entry travel authorization for Romania that allows its holders to spend 90 days within the country (for tourism and business purposes) or 5 days for transit reasons. Moreover, the electronic visa for Romania stays effective for 180 days from issuing.
Travelers should check if they meet the requirements to make a Romanian visa application online to receive the approved travel authorization at their email address. The electronic visa is then delivered to each applicant in PDF form within 15 business days.
Romania e-Visa types
Romania e-Visa is a multiple-entry permit that stays valid for 180 days (6 months) from the day of issue and allows a 90-day stay in Romania.
All online applicants can travel to Romania with the following electronic visa types:
- A tourist e-Visa that is designed for travelers who wish to visit Romania for tourism purposes. Whether you want to go on vacation, visit your friends and family who are staying in Romania, or explore the country's tourist destinations, this online visa type will be perfect for you.
- A business e-Visa that is dedicated to anyone who needs to handle their business affairs in Romania. Attend a business meeting, conference, or negotiate a contract with the online business visa.
- A transit e-Visa allows its holders to transit through Romania to the next destination. It can be issued for single-entry, double-entry, or multiple transits, provided that each stay won't exceed 5 days.
Please note! Your passport must stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of the trip.
List of eligible countries
Below-listed countries can make an online application for the Romanian visa:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- African Republic
- North Korea
- Papua New
- Sao Tome
- & Princippe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- South Sudan
Romania e-Visa application form
Every traveler needs to submit a separate Romania visa application online. For all children traveling to Romania, the application should be made by their parents/guardians.
Before starting the online visa application process, the most crucial step is to collect the two documents mentioned in the section describing the requirements. Make sure that you have your passport and a digital photo of yourself ready and start applying.
- Choose the purpose of your travel using the panel on the left. Romanian electronic visa is available for tourism, business, and transit travel. Then, provide your personal information, travel details, and attach the digital photo of yourself taken with your phone or a PC camera.
Pay the fees for the e-Visa using any of the several available online payment methods.
- Check your inbox. Both e-Visa to Romania and its confirmation number arrive at the applicant's email address.
The processing time for the electronic visa to Romania can take up to 15 business days. To avoid any delays, double-check if you have filled the application form correctly.
Should you need any help while applying, our support team is available and happy to help via email or phone.
The Romanian e-Visa is a multiple-entry permit in an electronic form that allows numerous visits to Romania and a total of 90 days spent in the country.
Electronic visas stay valid for 180 days (6 months) starting from the day of the issue. Applicants' passports must not expire for the next 6 months beyond the planned date of arrival.
Make sure to apply for your visa online at least 15 business days in advance to receive your entry permit on time.
Any traveler who needs to travel through Romania to get to their final destination needs to apply for an electronic transit visa issued for one, two, or multiple transit visits. However, each stay cannot exceed 5 days.
See what supporting documents are required for the transit e-Visa to Romania:
- a valid travel document, i.e., a passport that will be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the planned arrival date
- applicant's face photo (may be taken with your phone or via the PC camera)
- any document proving the onward journey (a visa to the final destination country or a copy of the onward ticket)
Requirements on arrival
The customs officials will check if you have the following documents upon entering Romania:
- a valid passport
- a printed copy of the Romanian e-Visa
Make sure to have the above-listed required documents when arriving in Romania. Travelers are advised to print their electronic visas out before going on their trip.
Before applying online, make sure to prepare all of the documents listed in this section. Your documents should be appropriately valid to ensure quick e-Visa approval.
To apply online for Romanian visas, gather the following supporting documents:
- a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended arrival in Romania date
- applicant's photograph (can be taken with a phone or a PC camera)
Preparing your passport and taking a photo of yourself with your phone takes just a few minutes!
- the processing time may take up to 15 business days
- every applicant must have a valid passport and a digital photo of themselves
- travelers need an online visa to enter Romania, including children
- electronic visa applications for underage travelers should be made by their parents/guardians
- your passport must stay valid for at least 6 months to apply for the Romanian entry permit
- Romania e-Visa does not serve as a working permit but can be used for tourism, business, and transit purposes
- online visas arrive at the applicant's email address in PDF form
- all travelers need to apply at least 15 business days in advance of their travel
- should you need help at any point in the process of applying, do not hesitate to contact our support team
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Romanian e-Visa
- What is the Romania e-Visa?
Romania e-Visa is an obligatory document to have when you enter this country. It comes in three different types: an electronic tourist, business, and transit visa. Choose the one that will suit your needs best, prepare your valid travel document, i.e., your passport, and apply online in just a few minutes. The processing time may take up to 15 business days.
- Do I need an electronic visa to Romania?
An electronic visa is necessary for anyone who travels from a country that cannot enter Romania visa-free. Check if your country is listed as eligible for the e-Visa to Romania and apply online for an intuitive and quick process of applying. Whenever you want to explore the European Union, make sure to visit Romania as it makes a perfect destination and offers some great cultural and historical experiences.
- What documents do I need for Romania electronic visa?
The required documents to gather before your Romania travel are elementary. All applicants must have is a valid passport and a digital photo of the applicant's face. The photographs may be taken with a phone or a PC camera.
- How can I pay for the Romania e-Visa?
Applicants can pay for the e-Visa using any of the several online payment methods available when using our electronic visa services. After your payment registers, you will receive a confirmation number to the email address provided. Should you have any issues with payment processing, please contact our support team.
- How to apply for a visa to Romania online?
Prepare the necessary documents, choose a preferred online visa type (tourist, business, or transit). Then, start filling the application form with your data. Make sure all the data provided is correct and make the payment. Now, wait for your approved e-Visa to arrive at your email address.
- How will I receive the Romania e-Visa?
Once approved, an e-Visa to Romania will be sent directly to the applicant's email address in PDF form. Print your online tourist, business, or transit visa, and take it with you to the Romanian airport for control of the customs officials upon arrival.
- How long does it take to get an online visa to Romania?
The processing time may take up to 15 business days. Make sure to apply at least 15 business days in advance of your Romanian travel not to face any problems with entering this country.
- How long is an electronic visa for Romania good for?
The electronic Romania visa stays valid for 180 days (6 months) from the date of issue. Make sure that your passport will not expire for at least 6 months starting from the date of arrival in Romania.
- How long can I stay in Romania with an e-Visa?
The electronic visa serves as a multiple-entry permit that allows its holders to travel to Romania numerous times within the 6-month validity period. Romania e-Visa enables an overall 90-day stay in the country.
- Do children need an e-Visa for Romania?
Every traveler who does not come from a visa-free country needs the electronic Romanian entry permit to cross the country's border. Children also must have an e-Visa to travel to Romania. Underage travelers' parents or guardians should make the application on their behalf.
- Can I extend my stay in Romania with an online visa?
Romanian online visas cannot be extended. Do not overstay your Romanian travel to avoid any issues. However, e-Visa allows you to have a 90-day (three months) stay in the country. That's plenty of time to explore it properly!
- What can I do if my Romania e-Visa is denied?
In case your e-Visa would not be approved, please contact our support team via email or phone to resolve your online visa processing issues. Make sure that you have attached all of the listed supporting documents and that the data you provided was error-free.
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email