Ethiopia eVisa Application
Ethiopia eVisa Basic Information
The Ethiopia eVisa is an electronic visa that was introduced in 2017 to speed up the visa application process and allow eligible citizens to enter Ethiopia for tourism purposes.
The Ethiopia eVisa stays valid for 30 or 90 days, and every applicant can choose between these two types. The validity period starts on the date of entering Ethiopia, which means that the maximum stay is also one or three months, depending on the selected type.
Travelers who wish to obtain an Ethiopia eVisa must complete a quick and intuitive online application process using any working device. Applicants need to fill a simple form online providing basic personal and travel-related details, cover the issuing fee, and wait for their approved eVisa to be delivered via email.
All Ethiopia eVisa applications are approved within 3 business days. Moreover, an Ethiopian online visa costs 99 Euro or 129 Euro, depending on the selected type.
All eligible travelers should present their printed eVisas along with their valid passports to the customs officials upon arrival at the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
Further Ethiopia eVisa-related information is available below.
Ethiopia eVisa types
The electronic visa for Ethiopia comes in two different types, all travelers can choose between:
- a single-entry permit for a 30-day stay (99 Euro)
- a single-entry permit for a 90-day stay (129 Euro)
Every Ethiopia eVisa is:
- a single-entry permit (you can only enter Ethiopia once during the validity period)
- for tourism purposes only (such as going on vacation, exploring the country, or visiting family and friends)
The validity period of your Ethiopia online visa starts on the date of entry that you put in the application form.
List of eligible countries
The Ethiopia eVisa is available to citizens from every country worldwide! Make sure that you have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival.
Grab your valid travel document and apply online using any working device with an internet connection within minutes. You can submit the form anywhere at any time!
Ethiopia eVisa application form
Apply for your Ethiopian eVisa swiftly and securely using our application form.
Please note! The online visa application must be submitted at least three days before your travel to Ethiopia.
To start the application process, find the panel on the left-hand side and select the preferred electronic visa type. Then click "Apply Online" and follow these instructions:
- Fill the application form: You'll be asked to provide basic details, such as your passport information, intended dates of stay, and email address. Please make sure that there are no errors in the data provided to avoid any delays with approval.
- Upload the supporting documents: take a photo of your valid passport's bio-data page using your phone and prepare the applicant's face photo using either a PC camera or a phone. Upload the two documents and move on to the last step.
- Payment and confirmation: Cover the Ethiopia eVisa fees and receive a confirmation number. Once the application is processed, you will receive the PDF document with your valid entry permit!
The maximum time that applicants can expect to wait for the approved online visa is 3 business days. However, many applicants receive their entry permits within 24 hours or less.
All final decisions, both in terms of processing time and approval, depend on the government of Ethiopia.
The validity period of your Ethiopia eVisa starts on the date of entry you have put in the application form and is either 30 or 90 days long. Depending on the selected electronic visa type.
No matter which type should you choose, you can enter Ethiopia once and travel only for tourism purposes.
Please note - your eVisa will be digitally linked to your passport.
That means in case of losing your travel document or replacing it for any other reason, your online visa to Ethiopia becomes invalid.
If you are simply planning to transit through Ethiopia - then you do not need an eVisa as long as the following conditions are met:
- You do not plan to leave the transit zone at the airport
- Your connecting flight is within 24 hours
If you intend to leave the transit zone or your connecting flight is not within 24 hours, then you must apply for a transit visa at the airport that can't be obtained online.
Requirements on arrival
Upon arrival in Ethiopia, you will need to show the following documents to the customs officials:
- your valid passport (must not expire for at least 6 months past your intended date of entry)
- a printed Ethiopia eVisa copy. You will receive the approved entry permit at the email address provided the application form; print out the PDF and carry it with you.
Ethiopia eVisa Sample
Grab your valid passport and complete the application process within minutes from home. Once the form is submitted, make sure to take a look at the Ethiopia eVisa sample below!
Make sure to prepare the following documents before starting the Ethiopia online visa application process:
- applicant's face photo (that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
- a digital photo of the bio-data page of your passport
Important - your passport must stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival. Otherwise your application will not be accepted.
- applications for the Ethiopia eVisa must be made at least 3 business days before the planned travel
- each traveler must file a separate online visa application
- the Ethiopia eVisa must be printed out and presented upon arrival
- the electronic visa to Ethiopia is only issued for tourism purposes; no business activities are permitted
- the validity period starts on the planned date of entering Ethiopia that each applicant provides in the application form - not from the date of issue or the actual date of arrival
- It is possible to request an extension of your electronic tourist visa to Ethiopia before it expires by visiting The Head Office of The Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Do not overstay your eVisa
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Ethiopia eVisa
To apply for an Ethiopia eVisa use any working device with an internet connection and spare just a few minutes. Fill the application form, cover the fees, and wait for the approved online visa to arrive at your email address in PDF form! Applications are approved within 72 hours.
Citizens of every country worldwide may apply for an electronic tourist visa to Ethiopia if they have a valid passport and a recent photo of themselves. These are the only requirements to meet before making an online application.
Yes, US citizens need an electronic visa to visit Ethiopia. All non-Ethiopian citizens need an appropriate entry permit to visit this country. All United States citizens can make an online application using any working device. Grab your valid passport and submit the form within minutes from home!
Unless you are an Ethiopian citizen, you will need an electronic visa to visit this country. Apply online with Evisa Express and get the approved eVisa delivered directly to your email box in PDF form! Make sure that your passport will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival.
Before your eVisa to Ethiopia expires, apply for an extension of your online visa at the Head Office of the Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs in the country. Make sure to not overstay without having an appropriate entry permit at all times.
Yes, citizens of the Central African Republic, who have a valid passport and a recent photo of themselves, can get an Ethiopia eVisa for tourism. CAR citizens may apply online using our services within minutes from home or any other place. Moreover, our support team is available to all applicants via email and phone.
Travelers who submit the eVisa form with Evisa Express can complete the application process within minutes. The processing time can take a maximum of 3 business days. However, many applicants receive their approved electronic tourist visa to Ethiopia in less than 24 hours.
Ethiopia eVisa price differs depending on which type of entry permit should you choose. The 30-day one costs 99 Euro, while the fee for a 90-day online visa is 129 Euro. All applicants can choose between several secure online payment methods to cover the fees.
The validity period for the Ethiopia eVisa depends on which type of entry permit you select: 30 days or 90 days. The validity begins on the entry date provided in the application form. Make sure to put that date in the form correctly to have no issues upon arrival.
It is possible for citizens of selected countries to get an Ethiopian electronic visa on arrival. However, both the government of Ethiopia and Evisa Express recommend handling the necessary entry permit at least 3 days before your travel. Applying online is far more secure and saves you from waiting in long lines at the airport!
Should your application for the Ethiopian eVisa not get approved, first check if you meet the requirements and look for any errors in the online visa application form. If everything was correct, please contact our support team via email or phone. Click the 'Contact' button located at the top of the page to get further information.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email