eVisa to Ethiopia: Basic Information
An eVisa is an electronic document that allows you to enter Ethiopia. The eVisa is available to all citizens of every country in the world. Essentially, everyone can apply for an eVisa. The entire process can be done online so you don't have to visit the embassy.
The price for issuing an eVisa for Ethiopia is 99 Euro or 129 Euro depending on the length of your stay.
- Types of eVisa's
An eVisa can be obtained for a single entry only.
It entitles your stay in the country for a period of 30 or 90 days depending on the option you have selected.
With this document, you are entitled to cross the border, in tourism intentions only.
- List of eligible countries
Every nationality is eleigible to get an eVisa to Ethiopia given that the requirements enlisted are met:
- Providing recent passport-size photo of the applicant.
- Passport of the applicant has to exceed the validity of 6 months from the intended date of entry to Ethiopia.
- eVisa Ethiopia application form
You are obliged to apply with at least 3 days advance.
Please carefully read and comply with the important notices and guidelines stated in each step of the application form.
We would like to inform you that the final decision and processing time is dependable on the government of Ethiopia.
An approved eVisa will be sent to your email address. After you receive the email you are obliged to print the document out and show it at the airport upon arrival in Ethiopia.
For completing the application, use the panel on the left. Choose one of the available purposes of stay and enter your citizenship. Click "Apply online" to fill out your application form.
- eVisa validity period
An eVisa to Ethiopia can be obtained for a single entry only.
It entitles your stay in the country for a period of 30 or 90 days depending on the option you have selected
The validity of Ethiopian eVisa starts from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia, not from date of issue.
The processing time might take up to 3 working days.
ATTENTION To be able to apply for an eVisa to Ethiopia- your passport has to be valid for a minimum period of 6 months.
- Transit visa information
As long as an applicant is not planning on leaving the transit zone, there is no need for any additional documentation.
If you want to leave the permitted transit area of the airport, you need to get a transit visa at the Airport.
For more information on how to get a transit visa, please contact the Ethiopian Airlines transit officers at the Airport.
- Requirements on arrival
You are obliged to carry 2 documents with you to the aiport a printed out eVisa and a valid passport. You are going to be requested to present the documents in physical form. They are going to be verified by customs officials on arrival in Ethiopia.
Citizens of eligible countries have to provide 2 additional documents.
- You are obliged to provide a photograph of yourself
- You are going to be requested to provide a scan or a photograh of your passports bio data page.
- To be able to apply for an eVisa to Ethiopia your passport has to be valid for a minimum period of 6 months.
- You are obliged to apply with at least 3 days advance.
- Every passport holder is compelled to enrol an application separately.
- You are not obliged to obtain an eVisa if you are not planning on leaving the transit area at the airport.
- You are bound to print the eVisa and present it with your passport at the border checkpoint of Ethiopia.
- Applicants can request for an extension before the the Evisa is expired by visiting the Head Office of The Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Travelers who overstay the validity period without extending are subject to fines and legal penalties.
- An eVisa does not authorise you any labour activity.
- The validity of Ethiopian eVisa starts from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia, not from date of issue.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email