Bahrain eVisa Application
Bahrain eVisa Information
Bahrain eVisa is an electronic visa introduced in 2014 by the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain in order to allow citizens of eligible countries to visit the country for tourism and business purposes.
The eVisa for Bahrain is available as a single and multiple entry online visa and allows a stay from 14 to 90 days depending on its type.
eVisa is electronically linked to the applicant's passport, so visitors no longer need to go to a Bahrain embassy to get a regular visa.
The cost of the Bahrain eVisa depends on the type of entry selected:
- 69 Euro for a single 14-day stay
- 109 Euro for a 30-day stay with the possibility of multiple entries
- 249 Euro for a multiple-entry allowing a 90-day stay, valid for one year from the date of issue of the document.
Keep reading for more information about eVisa types, prices, and application requirements.
Types of Bahrain eVisa
There are three types of the eVisa to the Kingdom of Bahrain available. All three types can be used for both tourism and business purposes.
- a single-entry eVisa: allows its holders to stay in Bahrain for up to 14 days. To re-enter the country, apply for a new entry permit. Fee: 69 euro.
- a multiple-entry eVisa for a 30-day stay. Once you enter, your electronic visa validity period lasts for 3 months (90 days), and during that time, you may enter and exit the Kingdom of Bahrain as many times as you like. Fee: 109 euro.
- a multiple-entry eVisa for a 90-day stay. This type of visa permit enables numerous entries. Every single stay can last up to 90 days. The visa remains valid for one year from entering Bahrain. Its holder must enter Bahrain within 90 days from the date of issue. Fee: 249 euro.
You must enter Bahrain within 90 days of the date your electronic visa is approved!
Eligible countries for Bahrain eVisa
Take a look at the list below to see whether your country is eligible for an eVisa to Bahrain:
- Anguilla (UK)**
- Antigua and Barbuda**
- Aruba (NL)**
- British Virgin Islands (UK)
- Caribbean Netherlands (NL)**
- Cayman Islands (UK)**
- Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)**
- Curaçao (NL)**
- Czech Republic*
- Dominican Republic**
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas) (UK)**
- Faroe Islands (DK)**
- French Guiana (FR)**
- Guadeloupe (FR)**
- Hong Kong
- Isle of Man (UK)**
- Isle of Wight (UK)**
- Korea, South
- Martinique (FR)**
- Montserrat (UK)**
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico (US)**
- Russian Federation
- Saint Barthelemy (FR)**
- Saint Kitts and Nevis**
- Saint Lucia**
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines**
- San Marino
- Sint Maarten (FR/NL)**
- South Africa**
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands (UK)**
- U.S. Virgin Islands (US)**
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
All GCC residents may apply by uploading a copy of their GCC visa in addition to the basic application documents listed on this page.
Q: What if my country of citizenship is not listed above?
A: Citizens of ineligible countries must apply for a standard visa at their nearest Bahrain Embassy.
Bahrain eVisa Application Form
- Get started. First, select the type of a Bahrain eVisa you wish to choose and click the 'Apply Online' button. The panel for choosing the entry permit type is located on the left-hand side.
- Fill out the application form. Next, you'll be asked to fill out the application form with some basic personal and travel details.
- Cover the fees. Our secure system offers numerous online payment methods to choose from.
- Receive your eVisa
All you have to do next is check your email! Your electronic visa will be delivered right to your inbox in a PDF form. Average processing time is only 46 hours - that's less than 2 business days!
eVisa Validity Period
The validity period differs depending on which type of an entry permit have you selected:
- single-entry eVisa – you may stay in Bahrain for up to 14 days. Once you exit, you cannot reenter without a new online visa. This type of entry permit stays valid for 30 days from the issue date.
- multiple-entry eVisa (1) - stays valid for 90 days following the first entry. You can enter and exit as many times as you like, staying for a maximum of 1 month (30 days) each time.
- Multiple Entry eVisa (2) - expires after one year starting from the first entry. Allows numerous visits to Bahrain, each stay can be as long as 3 months at a time.
All three types of the electronic Bahrain visa require that you cross the country's border within 30 days of receiving the entry permit.
You may be wondering whether you need an online visa simply to travel through Bahrain on your way somewhere else.
The answer is yes! If you're from any country besides Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, or the United Arab Emirates, you'll need a Bahrain eVisa in order to enter the country - even if it's just to board a plane to somewhere else.
Requirements on Arrival
So you've got your eVisa to Bahrain - now what? The answer is - simply pack your bags and travel! All you need now is to have your valid passport with you when you enter the country.
Electronic visa links directly to your passport. However, it is recommended to print out a copy or have an additional one on your phone, just in case border officials need to see it.
Bahrain eVisa Sample
See below the Bahrain eVisa sample to get more information on how the approved entry permit looks like!
Time to apply! Citizens of all eligible countries (list above) can apply online with the following documents on hand:
- the bio-data page of your valid passport, in electronic form (a digital photo)
- a photo of return/onward ticket
For most travelers, that's it! However, travelers from India and certain other countries are required to supply additional documentation. READ ON if you're an Indian citizen, or a citizen from any of the countries marked with *** or ** on the "Bahrain eVisa: Am I eligible?" section, above.
INDIAN CITIZENS ONLY: Please provide a copy of the photo page of the applicant's passport, plus a copy of the passport last page for Indian passports.
IF YOUR COUNTRY IS MARKED *** in the "Bahrain eVisa: Am I eligible?" section, above, please provide: Proof of a hotel booking in Bahrain. If the traveler is staying with a relative, it may be necessary to provide a copy of the relative’s CPR Reader’s printout.
IF YOUR COUNTRY IS MARKED ** in the "Bahrain eVisa: Am I eligible?" section, above, please provide: Copy of a stamped bank statement under the applicant's name, covering the last three months, with a current balance of not less than the equivalent of BD300 (about USD800).
ALL FOREIGN NATIONALS residing in GCC countries (GCC Visa) should provide the following:
- Scan or digital photo of the bio-data page of the applicant's passport
- Copy of return/onward ticket
- Copy of a resident card from one of the GCC countries
- The type of Bahrain eVisa you choose determines the length of the validity period.
- All applicants for eVisas must be outside of Bahrain while applying! You cannot extend your stay by re-applying from within the country.
- Additionally, Bahrain eVisa requirements state that only one entry permit may be active at a time. If you wish to reapply, your current Bahrain eVisa must have expired.
- If your passport expires or any information on it changes, you must apply for a new Bahrain eVisa.
- Your eVisa does not allow travel to Bahrain for purposes of undertaking employment within the Kingdom. You may engage in tourism, transit, and business. Contact your nearest Bahrain embassy for more information on working permits.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about eVisa to Bahrain
Citizens of selected countries are allowed to travel to Bahrain using an electronic document called an eVisa. This entry permit comes in three different types and is obtainable 100% online following a simple 3-step process.
If you come from one of the countries listed above, and you plan to travel for tourism, business, or transiting through Bahrain to another country, then yes! You need an electronic visa.
Simply fill out the application form providing some elementary information. Cover the fees using a secure online payment of your choice and wait for the approved electronic visa to arrive at your email address in a PDF form.
To visit Bahrain with an eVisa, applicants must be citizens from one of the eligible countries and have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months past the intended date of arrival.
The single-entry eVisa costs 69 Euro.
The type 1 multiple-entry electronic visa fee is 109 Euro.
The type 2 multiple-entry permit costs are 249 Euro.
If you have a valid passport and are able to make an online payment, then Evisa Express's secure application form is the only tool you need. After approval, you'll receive your Bahrain eVisa in 3 business days or less.
You can receive your electronic visa to enter Bahrain in less than 3 business days . Our average approval time is 46 hours. Make sure that all the data provided in the form is correct to avoid delays.
Getting a visa on arrival in Bahrain is impossible for citizens of most countries. Make sure to check thoroughly before you purchase your ticket. It's far more safe to get the eVisa online a few days before your trip.
There are three types of electronic visas to Bahrain:
a single-entry permit for a 14-day stay
a multiple-entry permit for 30-day visits
a multiple-entry permit for 90-day trips
Your approved electronic visa will be sent directly to your email box. 95% of applications made with Evisa Express are positively approved!
Yes! Children from the eligible countries need an eVisa for Bahrain, just like adults. However, underage travelers cannot submit the form themselves. Applications for all children should be made by their parents or guardians.
The length of the permitted stay with an online visa depends on the type of entry permit you have selected. See Types of Bahrain eVisa, above to get more detailed information.
You cannot extend your stay in Bahrain. To re-enter the country and have a longer stay, you must apply for a new visa online upon returning home. Do not overstay to avoid issues with traveling to Bahrain in the future.
The length of validity for your electronic visa for Bahrain depends on what kind of entry permit have you apply for. It can be either 30, 90, or 365 days from issuing. For more information, see Types of Bahrain eVisa, above.
Every traveler who needs more information about the Bahrain eVisa can visit this websitehttps://www.evisa.gov.bh/. If you prefer to contact our support team, click the 'Contact' button located at the top of the page to access our email address and phone number.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email