Bahrain eVisa: Basic Information
The Kingdom of Bahrain allows travelers from certain countries to visit using an electronic travel authorization called an eVisa. That means that for many visitors, it's no longer necessary to go to a Bahrain embassy for a visa.
Instead, passport holders from eligible countries can apply for Bahrain eVisa online.
Approved applicants receive their electronic visas within 5 business days or less. eVisas to Bahrain are recommended for people who traveling for tourism and business, as well as those transiting to somewhere else.
Keep reading for more information about visa types, prices, and application requirements.
The cost of eVisa for Bahrain depends on the type of entry and length of stay:
- 69 Euro for a single 14-day stay
- 109 Euro for a 30-day stay with the possibility of multiple entries
- 249 Euro for a multiple-entry allowing a 90-day stay, valid for one year from the date of issue of the document.
Types of Bahrain eVisa
There are three types of entry visa to the Kingdom of Bahrain. Each one is slightly different, so read the details listed below to find which is right for you. In addition to having different lengths of stay and validity periods, each type has a different price. All three types can be used for both tourism and business.
- Visitors with a Single Entry eVisa can stay in Bahrain for up to 14 days at a time. You must enter Bahrain within 30 days of the date your visa is issued. Once you leave Bahrain, you cannot re-enter on the same e visa - you must submit a new visa application form and get a new visa you wish to return. This visa operates as both a tourist visa and a business visa. Fee: 69 euro.
- Visitors with a Type 1 Multiple Entry eVisa can stay up to 30 days at a time within Bahrain. You must enter Bahrain within 30 days of the date your visa is issued. Once you enter, your visa validity period lasts for 3 months (90 days), and during that time you may enter and exit the Kingdom of Bahrain as many times as you like. This visa operates as both a tourist visa and a business visa. Fee: 109 euro.
- Visitors with a Type 2 Multiple Entry eVisa can stay in Bahrain for up to 90 days in a row. You must enter Bahrain within 30 days from when your visa is issued. Once you enter, your visa remains valid for the following 365 days. Like the Single Entry and Multiple Entry (type 1) visas, this visa operates as both a tourist visa and a business visa. Fee: 249 euro.
Bahrain eVisa: Am I eligible?
Take a look at the list below to see whether your country is eligible for an eVisa to Bahrain:
- Anguilla (UK)**
- Antigua and Barbuda**
- Aruba (NL)**
- British Virgin Islands (UK)
- Caribbean Netherlands (NL)**
- Cayman Islands (UK)**
- Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)**
- Curaçao (NL)**
- Czech Republic*
- Dominican Republic**
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas) (UK)**
- Faroe Islands (DK)**
- French Guiana (FR)**
- Guadeloupe (FR)**
- Hong Kong
- Isle of Man (UK)**
- Isle of Wight (UK)**
- Korea, South
- Martinique (FR)**
- Montserrat (UK)**
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico (US)**
- Russian Federation
- Saint Barthelemy (FR)**
- Saint Kitts and Nevis**
- Saint Lucia**
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines**
- San Marino
- Sint Maarten (FR/NL)**
- South Africa**
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands (UK)**
- U.S. Virgin Islands (US)**
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
Foreign nationals (citizens of non-GCC countries) residing in GCC countries (Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE) may apply for an eVisa by uploading a copy of their GCC visa in addition to the basic application documents listed on this page.
Q: What if my country of citizenship is not listed above?
A: Citizens of countries not listed above are unfortunately not eligible for a Bahrain eVisa. Citizens of ineligible nations must apply for a standard visa for Bahrain at their nearest Bahrain Embassy.
eVisa Bahrain: Application Form
Please note that visa processing times and decisions are made exclusively by the Department of Immigration of the Kingdom of Bahrain. The team at Evisa Express are experts on Bahrani visa policy and visa requirements, but we cannot control the government's ultimate decisions regarding visa applications and entry.
Don't be intimidated by the thought of applying for your visa with the Kingdom of Bahrain! Evisa Express is here to help with your online application process, customized to the visa requirements of Bahrain.
1. Get started.
First, go to our application page and select whether you'll be staying in Bahrain for 30 or 90 days, and whether you'll need to have a visa with single or multiple entries. You'll then be guided to the right visa type for your stay.
2. Fill out your application form.
Next, you'll be asked to fill out a visa application form with your trip data and passport information.
3. Pay online.
Our secure system accepts all major credit cards. Your online payment covers all processing fees.
4. Receive your eVisa
All you have to do next is check your email! Your eVisa will be delivered right to your inbox - but check your spam, just in case. Average processing time is only 46 hours - that's less than 2 business days!
eVisa Validity Period
All three types of Bahrain electronic entry visa require that you enter Bahrain within 30 days of eVisa approval. However, once you enter, you are allowed to stay for different periods of time depending on what kind of visa you have:
- Single Entry eVisa – You may stay in Bahrain for up to 14 days following arrival. Once you exit, you cannot reenter without a new eVisa.
- Multiple Entry eVisa (1) - Your eVisa stays valid for the 90 days following entry. You can enter and exit as many times as you like, staying for a maximum of 1 month (30 days) each time.
- Multiple Entry eVisa (2) - Your eVisa stays valid for the 365 days following entry. You can enter and exit as many times as you like, staying for a maximum of 3 months (90 days) each time.
eVisa Transit Information
You may be wondering whether you need a visa simply to travel through Bahrain on your way somewhere else - in other words, to transit through Bahrain.
The answer is yes! If you're from any country besides Oman, Saudi Arabia, or the United Arab Emirates, you'll need a Bahrain evisa in order to enter the country - even if it's just to board a plane to somewhere else.
Fortunately, the Single Entry eVisa also doubles as a transit visa.
Requirements on Arrival
So you've got your eVisa to Bahrain - now what? The answer is - simply travel to Bahrain! All you need now is to have your valid passport with you when you enter the country.
Your passport will be digitally linked to your eVisa. Bahrani visa policy recommends that you print out a copy or have it on your phone, just in case border officials need to see it.
Time to apply! Citizens of all eligible countries (list above) can apply online with the following documents on hand:
- The bio-data page of your valid passport, in electronic form (scan or digital photo)
- Copy of return/onward ticket
For most travelers, that's it! However, travelers from India and certain other countries are required to supply additional documentation. READ ON if you're an Indian citizen, or a citizen from any of the countries marked with *** or ** on the "Bahrain eVisa: Am I eligible?" section, above.
INDIAN CITIZENS ONLY: Please provide a copy of the photo page of the applicant's passport, plus a copy of the passport last page for Indian passports.
IF YOUR COUNTRY IS MARKED *** in the "Bahrain eVisa: Am I eligible?" section, above, please provide: Proof of a hotel booking in Bahrain. If the traveler is staying with a relative, it may be necessary to provide a copy of the relative’s CPR Reader’s printout.
IF YOUR COUNTRY IS MARKED ** in the "Bahrain eVisa: Am I eligible?" section, above, please provide: Copy of a stamped bank statement under the applicant's name, covering the last three months, with a current balance of not less than the equivalent of BD300 (about USD800).
ALL FOREIGN NATIONALS residing in GCC countries (GCC Visa) should provide the following:
- Scan or digital photo of the bio-data page of the applicant's passport
- Copy of return/onward ticket
- Copy of a resident card from one of the GCC countries
- The type of Bahrain eVisa you choose determines the validity period of your visa. You can enter Bahrain for the first time on any date during the validity period, even the final day.
- All applicants for eVisas must be outside of Bahrain while applying! You cannot extend a stay in Bahrain by re-applying for an eVisa while in-country.
- Additionally, Bahrain evisa requirements state that only one Bahrain visa may be active at a time. If you wish to reapply, your current Bahrain eVisa must be expired.
- If your passport expires or any information on it changes, you must apply for a new Bahrain visa. You cannot transfer existing visas to a passport with changed information.
- Your evisa does not allow travel to Bahrain for purposes of employment within the Kingdom. While using your visa, you may engage in tourism, transit, and business for a place of business located outside of Bahrain - but if you wish to be employed by a Bahrani company, you need a different type of visa! Contact your nearest Bahrain embassy for more information.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Our team of experts analyzes your application and makes corrections, if necessary, before submitting it to the government of Bahrain
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about eVisa to Bahrain
- What is a Bahrain eVisa?
Citizens of selected countries (see above) are allowed to travel to Bahrain using an electronic document called an eVisa.
- Do I need an eVisa for Bahrain?
If you belong to one of the countries listed in above, and you plan to travel for tourism, business, or transiting through Bahrain to another country, then yes! You need an eVisa to enter Bahrain. Visa on arrival is available only to a short list of countries, so the majority of travelers who wish to visit Bahrain need approval in advance.
- How can I apply for Bahrain eVisa online?
Simply fill out a visa application with Evisa Express. Payment is online and secure, and your Bahrain visa is delivered right to your email within a processing time of 3 business days.
- What are the requirements for a Bahrain eVisa?
To visit Bahrain with an eVisa, applicants must belong to an eligible country (see above), have a passport that is valid for 6 months past the intended date of arrival, and be in possession of an onward or return ticket.
- How much is a Bahrain eVisa?
The Single Entry eVisa is 69 euro.
The Type 1 Multiple Entry eVisa is 109 euro.
The Type 2 Multiple Entry eVisa is 249 euro.
- How can I get an eVisa to Bahrain?
If you have a valid passport and are able to make an online payment, then Evisa Express's secure application form is the only tool you need. After approval, you'll receive your Bahrain visa in 3 business days or less.
- How long does Bahrain eVisa take?
You can receive your visa to enter Bahrain in fewer than 3 business days . Our average approval time is 46 hours.
- Can you get a Bahrain visa at the airport?
Getting a visa on arrival in Bahrain is impossible for citizens of most countries. Make sure to check thoroughly before you purchase your air ticket. Don't assume that you are eligible! Eligibility for the Bahrain eVisa is list above in the section called Bahrain eVisa - Am I eligible?
- How many types of visa are there in Bahrain?
There are three types of electronic visa to Bahrain:
Type 1 Multiple Entry
Type 2 Multiple Entry
For details, see Types of Bahrain eVisa, above.
- How will I receive Bahrain eVisa?
Your approved eVisa is sent directly to your email account. 95% of applications made with Evisa Express are approved!
- What documents do I need for a Bahrain eVisa?
In order to fill out an application form for a Bahraini eVisa, you need only two things: A passport that is valid for 6 months past your intended date of entry to Bahrain, and proof of an onward or return air ticket.
After your eVisa is granted, Bahrain visa policy recommends carrying a printout with you as you enter the country. You can also use your phone to show officials the eVisa file delivered to your email.
- Do children need an eVisa for Bahrain?
Yes! Children from eligible countries need an eVisa for Bahrain, just like adults.
- How long can I stay in Bahrain with an eVisa?
How long you can stay in Bahrain with an eVisa depends on the type of eVisa you have. See Types of Bahrain eVisa, above.
- Can I extend my stay in Bahrain with my eVisa?
Many travelers think about doing this, but it's actually illegal. All applicants for Bahrani eVisas must be outside of Bahrain's borders at the time of application. You must secure your eVisa before you travel to Bahrain!
- How long is an eVisa for Bahrain valid for?
The length of validity for your Bahrain eVisa depends on what kind of eVisa you apply for. For more information, see Types of Bahrain eVisa, above.
- Where can I read more about Bahrain eVisa?
Every traveler who needs more information about the Bahrain eVisa can visit this website https://www.evisa.gov.bh/, to get more details on the electronic visa to Bahrain. If you prefer to contact our support team, click the 'Contact' button located at the top of the page to access the support team e-mail and phone.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email