eVisa to Azerbaijan: Basic Information
Azerbaijan first implemented its e-Visa policy in 2017, joining other many developed countries who have adopted this simple, inexpensive travel authorization for citizens of approved nations. An electronic visa (eVisa) is a digital travel document that allows the bearer to enter Azerbaijan for purposes of tourism, business, medicine, and other purposes.
That means for citizens of eligible countries, it's no longer necessary to visit an Azerbaijani Embassy to obtain an Azerbaijan visa: With a passport, an internet connection, and an online payment method, you'll soon be on your way to approval. Check visa requirements in our article below.
An e-Visa for Azerbaijan costs 69 euro.
Types of eVisa's
The Republic of Azerbaijan offers a single type of e-visa that covers a number of common travel needs.
The Azerbaijan visa covers:
- Medical treatment
The Azerbaijan e-Visa is valid for 90 days from the date you receive it. At any point during the validity period, you can enter Azerbaijan and stay for up to 30 days. You must leave Azerbaijan before the validity period expires.
Please note that the electronic visa for Azerbaijan is a single entry visa. That means you can only come into the country one time while using your e-Visa. If you wish to enter Azerbaijan again after leaving, Evisa Express can help you apply for a new e-visa.
Important! The E-visa to Azerbaijan does not entitle the bearer to get a job in Azerbaijan, start a company in Azerbaijan, or work for an existing Azerbaijani company in any capacity. Contact your nearest Azerbaijani Embassy for information on how to get a proper work permit.
Single entry eVisa – An eVisa to Azerbaijan is a single entry authorisation for tourist, business, medical & other purposes (enlisted in the find out section).
List of eligible countries
The following countries are eligible for an electronic Azerbaijan visa. If you wish to apply for an e-Visa, please make sure that your country of citizenship is on this list.
If your country of citizenship is not on this list, we recommend that you contact your nearest Azerbaijan Embassy for instructions on how to obtain a traditional visa.
- Bolivia (Plurinational State of)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Holy See (Vatican)
- New Zealand
- Republic of Korea
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- United States of America
If the country of your citizenship is not listed, you are obliged to apply for a regular visa at the embassy to visit Azerbaijan.
eVisa Azerbaijan- Application Form
At Evisa Express, we know how intimidating it can be for non-experts to deal with visa paperwork, especially when it comes to communicating with a foreign government. That's why our service acts as an interface between you and the government of the Republic of Azerbaijan. We streamline the entire visa application process so that you feel safe, secure, and informed, every step of the way.
Get started: In order to apply for your Azerbaijan e-Visa, first locate the box titled "Apply for Evisa Azerbaijan" on this page (in the desktop version of the site, the box appears in the left-hand sidebar.) Select "Single entry" as your purpose of travel. Then click "Apply Online" to be taken to our secure online visa application.
Application: While filling out the application, you'll be asked to provide basic details, like your passport number and date of birth. For that reason, we recommend that you have your passport on hand. You'll also need to upload a copy of the bio-data page of your passport as an attachment. You can use either a scan or a digital photo for that purpose.
Payment: At the end of the form, you'll be directed to pay the eVisa application fee of 69 euro. You may use a credit or debit card, or choose from among the other secure payment methods we offer.
Confirmation, processing, and approval: Shortly after you submit your application, a confirmation email will be sent to you at the address you provided on your visa application form. Processing of your request will take up to 3 working days (72 hours). The final duration of the consideration period is wholly at the discretion of the government of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Once approved, your eVisa will be sent in PDF format directly to your email. Print out your eVisa and have it with you when you enter Azerbaijan.
Please note - Your passport must be valid for 3 months (90 days) past your intended duration of stay. We will refund the fees of any application that we reject due to insufficient passport validity.
eVisa Validity Period
Once your Azerbaijan e-Visa is approved Azerbaijan will recognize your visa for a validity period of 3 months (90 days) following the date of approval. During that time, you can enter Azerbaijan one time and stay for up to 30 days. Your visa's expiration date can be found on the PDF version emailed to you after your application is approved.
eVisa Transit Information
Azerbaijan allows visa-free transit by travellers who meet the following conditions:
- You are carrying your valid passport
- You are in possession of an onward ticket
- You are not planning to leave the transit zone in your Azerbaijani airport of entry
If the three above conditions apply to you, you don't need to apply for any type of visa if you wish to transit by air through Azerbaijan.
Requirements on Arrival
Once your eVisa is issued, you're almost ready to enter Azerbaijan. It's important that you print out your Azerbaijan visa and have it with you when you enter the country. Customs officials will ask to see it. It's also important to have your valid passport with you. Without these two documents in physical form, you will be refused entry.
The only document you need in order to apply for an Azerbaijan visa online is a valid passport. During the e-Visa application, we will ask you to upload a copy (scan or digital photo) of your passport's bio-data page.
- You must apply for your Azerbaijan visa from outside of Azerbaijan. You cannot apply for an e-Visa from within the country. Additionally, visa-on-arrival is impossible for citizens of most countries, and is often subject to limitations even in cases where it is available.
- You cannot extend your eVisa. However, holders of electronic visas are allowed to overstay their expired visas by 10 days. Keep in mind, though, that if you have not left Azerbaijan by 10 days past the expiration date of your visa, you are legally required to contact the State Immigration Service of Azerbaijan.
- Each person who wishes to obtain an eVisa must complete a separate application. It is not possible to apply for multiple eVisas using the same application.
- Do not arrive in Azerbaijan without your e-Visa in printed form! You must present a physical copy of the document to Customs officials, along with your passport.
- Travelers who are simply transiting through Azerbaijan are not required to have any type of visa.
- An e-Visa does not authorize the pursuit of paid labor within Azerbaijan for citizens of any country. If you wish to work in Azerbaijan, you must obtain the proper work permit through an Azerbaijani Embassy.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ for Azerbaijan eVisa
- What is the Azerbaijan eVisa?
The Azerbaijan e-Visa is an electronic tourist visa, business visa, and medical visa in one. You can apply for it online. It is only available to citizens of certain countries: See "List of eligible countries," above.
- Who needs an e-Visa to Azerbaijan?
All citizens from the "List of eligible countries" need an Azerbaijan e-Visa.
- All citizens from the "List of eligible countries" need an Azerbaijan e-Visa.
First, your country of citizenship must be found on the "List of eligible countries," above. Second, you need a passport that will be valid for at least 3 months past the end of your intended stay.
- How to get an eVisa for Azerbaijan?
Our online application process makes it easy and inexpensive to get a visa. Azerbaijan is waiting. Simply fill out our form with your valid passport information and make a secure online payment. You'll receive your approved e-Visa within 3 business days.
- How long does it take to get an Azerbaijan e-Visa?
It can take up to seventy-two hours (three business days) to get an Azerbaijani e-Visa. Most applicants get their visas earlier than that. The total time depends on the government of Azerbaijan.
- Can I get visa on arrival to Azerbaijan?
Citizens from certain countries are able to get a limited visa upon arrival, including but not exclusive to: Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, and the United Arab Emirates. United States citizens are also entitled to a limited visa on arrival, but only if traveling on an Azerbaijani Airlines direct flight from New York City. Citizens of most countries are not entitled to visa-on-arrival, and should submit their online visa application at least 3 business days before their flight.
- I'm a UK citizen, do I need an Azerbaijan e-Visa?
Yes, if you are from the UK you need an Azerbaijan visa. UK citizens can easily get a visa for Azerbaijan. From UK the most convenient way to get an e-Visa is online. Our online visa service can help you get your visa for Azerbaijan. UK citizens can fill out our online visa application, or e mail us for more information.
- How much is an e-Visa to Azerbaijan?
The Azerbaijan e-Visa is 69 euros.
- How will I receive an Azerbaijan eVisa?
You'll get your approved electronic visa through the e-mail address you gave us on your application.
- How long is an e-Visa for Azerbaijan good for?
Your e-Visa is good for 3 months. During that time, you can make a single entry to Azerbaijan. Your stay in Azerbaijan can last for up to 30 days.
- Is it easy to get an Azerbaijan visa?
Actually, yes. The e-Visa to Azerbaijan has been voted one of the easiest-to-get e-Visas in the world.
- What documents do I need to apply for an Azerbaijan E-visa?
All you need to apply for your visa is a valid passport. Make sure your passport is valid for at least 3 months after your intended period of stay.
- Do children need an e-Visa for Azerbaijan?
Yes! All travelers to Azerbaijan need a visa. Age does not matter.
- What can I do if my Azerbaijan e-Visa is denied?
If your electronic visa is denied at the border or airport, you must work with the Azerbaijani Migration Department to resolve the issue. Evisa Express is not affiliated with the Azerbaijan government and cannot influence the decisions of the Azerbaijani authorities.
- How long can I stay in Azerbaijan with an e-Visa?
You can stay in Azerbaijan for up to 30 days.
- Can I extend my stay in Azerbaijan with my e-Visa?
You cannot extend your stay in Azerbaijan with your e-Visa. However, you can stay past the expiration date of your e-Visa by 10 days with no consequences (over 10 days you must contact the Azerbaijan Migration Service.)
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email