Cambodia visa for US citizens
US Citizens entering Cambodia with an e-visa
Cambodia visa for US citizens makes it easier than ever before to explore this culturally rich country. All US citizens need a visa to enter Cambodia without any issues.
Cambodia is so much more than a tropical getaway ? it?s a place to connect with the deepest roots of a truly unique culture. All you need to enter this modern paradise is an e-visa ? and Evisa Express makes it incredibly easy to get one.
Applying online takes only a few minutes and can be done on any device! There is no need for US citizens to visit the embassy and trouble themselves with complicated processes. Keep on reading to learn all you need to know about making a successful Cambodia visa application.
Cambodia e-visa for US citizens: How it works
There are some crucial things for US citizens to remember on how e-visa works:
- e-visa is valid for 90 days since the date of the issue. That means you must travel from the United States to Cambodia within 3 months from receiving your e-visa permit.
- After receiving your e-visa from Evisa Express, print it out and have it with you when you arrive in Cambodia.
- Once you enter, you can stay up to 30 days from your date of arrival.
- Remember, e-visas to Cambodia are single-entry visa permits. If you leave, you won?t be able to re-enter on the same visa.
Visa requirements for US citizens
What documents do US citizens need to prepare to ensure positive visa approval and spent 30 days in Cambodia? All of the essential documents are easy to gather before applying.
Please make sure that you have:
- a recent photograph of yourself as an applicant (it has to meet the guidelines of a passport photo)
- a legible scan or a photo of your valid passports' bio-data page
Only these two documents need to be attached to each application! Ensure that all information you provide is correct, and remember that the photo you upload has to be passport photo-like and be at least 6 months recent.
Our application process for US citizens
With Evisa Express, it?s never been easier for US citizens to get an eVisa to Cambodia! If you have a valid US passport and a recent passport-style photograph, the process can be completed in minutes. And our eVisa experts are available 24/7 to help you at every step.
Please note ? all travelers must have a US passport that will be valid at least six months beyond their date of entry into Cambodia.
All US citizens can follow this online application guide to travel to Cambodia for 30 days:
- Gather the essential documents described in the 'visa requirements' section and start the application process when you're ready. Click 'Apply online' on the right-hand side and fill the application form with your data.
- Once you've completed the application form, ensure the information provided is correct. Attach the required documents and choose the most convenient for you method of online payment. Pay the handling visa fee (99 Euro) and move to the last step.
- Visa to Cambodia will arrive at your email address within 72 hours in a PDF version. Print it out and take it with you on the travel.
The average processing time when using our services is just 18 hours from applying online!
What ports should US citizens use?
Once you received your Cambodia tourist visa, all tourists have to choose one of the following border crossings that accept electronic visas before enjoying your stay in Cambodia.
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanouk International Airport
Border crossing points:
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province) upon coming from Thailand
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) when entering from Thailand
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) upon arrival from Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treng) upon arrival from Laos
Please note! Currently, no seaports in Cambodia accept electronic tourist visas as authorizing to enter Cambodia.
Cambodia e-visa does not serve as a working permit. It can only be used for tourism purposes. These are not business visas. Therefore, no business activities or other non-tourism activities can be performed with an e-visa to Cambodia.
You can visit your friends/family in Cambodia, explore the country as a tourist, or go on a relaxing holiday. You cannot seek employment under this visa permit.
Please note that visa extension can only be made at your destination country airport.
Questions? Concerns? No problem!
Evisa Express is with you at every step of the application process. Our team of eVisa experts is reachable via phone and email 24/7. Make sure to contact us should you need any help.
Since the Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has introduced the e-visa program, more US citizens than ever before are experiencing the wonders of Cambodia restful beaches, breathtaking temples, and lively urban scenes.
Cambodia attracts millions of visitors from around the world each year. In 2018 alone, more than 6 million travellers visited the country. Cambodia visa for US citizens opens endless possibilities!
Although applying for a visa on arrival is possible, don?t let long lines at the airport cut into the time you?ve set aside for enjoying Cambodia. Apply for an e-visa to Cambodia in advance with Evisa Express, and let us take care of the rest.