Tajikistan e-Visa Application
Tajikistan e-Visa: Basic Information
The electronic visa system in Tajikistan was implemented in 2016 and, since then, makes travelers' lives easier. All you have to do to submit an application is follow a simple 3-step process of applying.
Fill the application form with your data, cover the visa fee, and wait for the approved e-Visa to arrive at your email address. Spare just a few minutes and apply using any working device, even your phone!
Tajikistan e-Visa can be issued as a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa. Moreover, there is an additional permit that grants its holders the possibility of entering the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region (GBAO).
The GBAO region takes up 45% of the country's land area, but only 3% of the population lives there. If you want to explore Tajikistan fully, don't forget to apply for the GBAO entry permit as well.
Read on to learn what types of the Tajikistan e-Visa are available and how to complete the application process successfully.
Applicants can choose between two Tajikistan e-Visa types when applying online:
- Single-entry e-Visa
- Multiple-entry e-Visa
Both entry permits stay valid for 90 days (three months) and allow a total stay of 60 days in Tajikistan.
Please note! To enter the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region area, you must apply for an additional entry permit also available when applying using our services.
How can Tajikistan e-Visa be used?
e-Visa for Tajikistan can be used for the purposes of tourism, business, and transit.
All e-Visa holders may:
- visit their friends and family residing in Tajikistan
- go on vacation
- explore the country and go sightseeing
- handle business affairs with your Tajikistan partners
- negotiate contracts
- look for future business cooperations
- transit through the country to reach your final destination
The following countries can make an online application for the electronic visa to travel to Tajikistan:Albania
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hong Kong (SAR)
Papua New GuineaParaguay
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
Vatican City (Holy See)
If your nationality has not been listed above, you have to contact the closest Embassy and apply for a regular visa.
Grab your valid passport and apply using your phone, laptop, or any other working device with an internet connection. Spare just a few minutes to complete the application process and wait for the approved e-Visa to arrive at your email address.
Follow these 3 steps to submit a successful visa application:
- Carefully provide the necessary data in an online form. Put your name, surname, the purpose of your travel, nationality, email address, passport, and travel details. Lastly, make sure every piece of information is correct.
- Cover the visa fee (either 69, 99, or 129 Euro), depending on the visa types selected. Use any preferred method of online payment and check if you have received the payment confirmation at your email address.
- Receive the approved e-Visa in a PDF form in your email box. Save a copy on any device you will take to Tajikistan and print it out.
The application process is effortless and straightforward. Nevertheless, our support team is available to all travelers via email and phone in case of any issues, questions, or concerns.
Contact us if you need assistance during applying or any further information regarding the Tajikistan e-Visa.
Electronic Tajikistan visa stays effective for 90 days (three months). The validity period starts on the issue date of the selected entry permit.
e-Visa holders can stay in the country for up to two months (60 days) for the purposes of tourism, business, and transit.
Please note! Every applicant must have a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned entry to Tajikistan date.
As long as you are not planning on leaving the transit zone at the airport in Tajikistan, no additional documentation is required.
However, if you are planning on stepping out of the transit zone, you would be obliged to get an e-Visa in advance.
Make an online visa application to transit without limiting yourself to staying in the transit zone.
Before leaving on your Tajikistan travel, make sure that you have a valid passport and an approved e-Visa.
Print out your e-Visa and check if your travel document has the appropriate validity (at least 6 months beyond the planned date of arrival).
The only document that applicants need to prepare to fill the visa application form is a valid passport.
Make sure that your travel document will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned arrival in Tajikistan date.
Please note! Business travelers may be asked to attach an invitation letter from the company they plan on working with.
Every application has to be matched with the following documents:
- Passport - biodata page
For business purposes:
- Invitation letter from a company located in Tajikistan
Use any working device with an internet connection to apply online for the electronic Tajikistan visa.
- The processing time usually does not exceed a period of 72 h (3 working days).
- A separate application has to be submitted by anyone who wishes to enter the country territory.
- A physical version of a granted e-Visa has to be carried with to the border of Tajikistan.
- An eVisa does not authorize any labour activity.
- The government of Tajikistan does not authorize eVisa extensions.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Tajikistan e-Visa
- What is the Tajikistan e-Visa?
Tajikistan e-Visa is an electronic entry permit that stays valid for 90 days (three months) from issuing and can be used for tourism, business, and transit purposes. Filling the application form takes just a few minutes, and the approved entry permit arrives at the applicant's email address.
- What is the difference between an e-Visa and a regular visa for Tajikistan?
Tajikistan e-Visa saves travelers time, money, and effort. Applications for electronic visas can be submitted online from home or any other place. The approved e-Visa arrives within a maximum of 72 hours! Regular visa requires multiple visits to the Embassy and collecting an overwhelming amount of paperwork.
- Do I need a visa to visit Tajikistan?
There are only a few countries that can enter Tajikistan without an entry permit. Check if your country of citizenship is listed as eligible for an e-Visa to find out if you need to make an online visa application.
- Do children need an e-Visa for Tajikistan?
All children need to have a separate e-Visa upon their travel. Underage traveler's parents/guardians should make the visa application for children traveling to Tajikistan.
- Can I enter Tajikistan without a visa?
If you're traveling from Russia, Romania, Georgia, or any other country that can enter Tajikistan visa-free, you won't need any entry permit upon your arrival. However, if you come from a country listed as eligible for an e-Visa in the 'List of eligible countries' section, you must forward a visa application online at least 3 business days in advance of your travel.
- What documents do I need for the Tajikistan e-Visa?
The only document needed to apply online for the Tajikistan e-Visa is a valid passport. Please make sure that your travel document will not expire for at least 6 months beyond the planned arrival date. Business travelers may be asked to attach an invitation letter from the company they plan on cooperating with.
- How high are the Tajikistan visa costs?
Tajikistan e-Visa costs either 69, 99, or 129 Euro. The price depends on the type of entry permit selected. There is a single-entry, multiple-entry, and an additional permit to access the GBAO region.
- How do I pay my Tajikistan e-Visa fee?
To cover the Tajikistan e-Visa fee, use any online payment method that is the most convenient to you. Our services provide several payment methods to choose from, including using credit/debit cards, PayPal, and many more.
- How to apply for a Tajikistan visa?
To make a visa application for the electronic entry permit to Tajikistan, simply follow an intuitive 3-step process. Fill an online form providing your data, cover the visa fees, and wait for the approved entry permit to arrive at your email address in a PDF form.
- How long does it take to get Tajikistan electronic visa?
Visa processing time may take up to 72 hours (3 business days). Thus, it is crucial to submit your application at least 3 days in advance of your travel to receive your entry permit to Tajikistan on time.
- How will I receive Tajikistan e-Visa?
Once approved, the Tajikistan e-Visa arrives in the applicant's email box in a PDF form within a maximum of 72 hours (3 business days). Make sure to provide your email address carefully and make sure it's active.
- Do I need to print the Tajikistan e-Visa?
Yes! The Tajikistan e-Visa should be printed and presented upon the traveler's arrival in Tajikistan. Have the printed electronic entry permit copy and your valid passport with you.
- How long can I stay in Tajikistan with an e-Visa?
All e-Visa holders can stay in Tajikistan for up to 60 days (two months). Your passport must remain valid throughout the whole duration of your trip. Please note! Electronic visas can be used for tourism, business, and transit purposes.
- How long is a visa for Tajikistan good for?
Tajikistan e-Visa stays effective for up to 90 days (three months) from the issue date. Please travel within the validity period to avoid any issues.
- Can I extend my stay in Tajikistan with my e-Visa?
Unfortunately, electronic visas to Tajikistan cannot be extended. Moreover, overstaying can result in being fined. Make a new e-Visa application once you come back to your home country.
- What can I do if my Tajikistan e-Visa is denied?
The Tajikistan e-Visa has elementary requirements and is rarely rejected. However, should your visa not get approved, make sure to contact our support team via email or phone. We are happy to discuss your situation and resolve your entry permit issues.
- Where can I read more about Tajikistan e-Visa?
Travelers who wish to read more about the Tajikistan e-Visa should visit the official government website at https://www.visa.gov.tj/index.html. If you need any further information regarding the electronic visa application process, the required documents, or the available entry permit types, contact our support team via email or phone!
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email