Russia e-Visa Application
e-Visa to Russia: Basic information
Russia e-Visa is an electronic visa that serves as an obligatory travel document for all travelers who wish to visit the Russian Federation.
The electronic visa system was introduced in Russia in January 2021 to improve the visa handling process by switching to a quick and simple online procedure.
Russia offers one e-Visa type - a single-entry online visa that allows its holders to visit Russia for up to 8 days and stays valid for 30 days from issuing. The approved Russian e-Visa can be used for both tourism and business purposes.
Travelers who wish to visit Russia should check if their country is listed as eligible for an electronic visa and make an online application within a few minutes from home!
The processing time may take up to 96 hours (4 business days). However, most applications are approved by the Russian authorities within 72 hours (3 business days).
Only one online visa to Russia type can be distinguished, and that is the single-entry e-Visa. It allows one stay in Russia for up to 8 days and stays valid for one month (30 days) from the date of issue.
Russian e-Visa holders can:
- visit their friends/relatives residing in Russia
- go on vacation
- attend a business meeting/conference
- handle business affairs in Russia
Our team of experts always double-checks each application to ensure it's error-free before submitting it to the Russian authorities for approval.
However, please make sure you have put correct data in your online visa application form to avoid delays or issues with processing.
To enter Russia with an electronic visa, you have to be a citizen from one of the following countries:Andora
Republic of Korea (south)
Citizens of countries not listed as eligible need to apply for a regular visa at an embassy.
Please note! Before you start applying online, prepare the necessary documents described in the 'Required Documents' section.
Check if your passport will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned arrival in Russia; that condition is crucial to making a successful online visa application.
Online application guide for the Russian e-Visa:
- Complete the Russia e-Visa application form. Put in your data, passport details, the purpose of your travel, email address, and other essential details. Attach the supporting documents and check if every piece of information in the form is correct.
- Cover the fees by choosing one of several online payment methods available to all foreign nationals applying using our services.
- Check your inbox. Once your payment registers, check your inbox to receive the confirmation number. The electronic visa processing time may take up to 96 hours (4 business days) and is delivered directly at your email address.
Russian e-Visa stays valid for 30 days (one month) from the date of issue. All foreign nationals traveling to Russia have to do so within the validity period.
Electronic visa holders can enter the Russian Federation via selected ports of entry for up to 8 days. Please remember that online visas serve as single-entry permits.
An online transit visa is not necessary when travelling through Russia to another destination. All you need is a valid passport to wait for your connecting flight to another country.
Please note! If you want to stay in Russia visa-free while transiting, you cannot leave the airport's transit zone.
All visitors to Russia have to have two essential documents to present to the customs officials upon arrival.
Please prepare and have on hand the following:
- printed Russian e-Visa
- valid passport that will not expire for the next six months from the planned date of arrival to Russia
Ports accepting Russian e-Visas
All passport holders traveling to the Russian Federation with an electronic visa have to plan their journey in such a way as to cross the border through one of the followingborder crossing points. See below which airports, seaports, railroad, and land border crossing points you can use.
- Vladivostok (Knevichy Airport)
- Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Khomutovo Airport)
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Yelizovo Airport)
- Khabarovsk (Novy Airport)
- Anadyr (Ugolny Airport)
- Kaliningrad (Khrabrovo)
- Ulan-Ude (Muhino)
- Chita (Kadala)
- Kaliningrad (checkpoints in the cities of Kaliningrad, Baltiysk, and Svetly)
- Big port Saint Petersburg (Marine Station)
- Passenger port Saint Petersburg
- Turiy Rog
- Mamonovo (Grzechotki)
- Mamonovo (Gronowo)
Please note! All foreign nationals have to enter and leave Russia via the same border crossing point!
The Russia e-Visa sample can be found below and presents how this electronic entry permit looks like. Most applications are approved within 72 hours (3 business days) from submitting the form.
All applicants need to prepare the following documents to attach to the application form.
Ensure a positive online visa approval having these documents on hand while applying:
- applicant's face photo (that can be taken with a phone or a PC camera and shows the applicant's face clearly)
- proof of the purchased travel insurance for the upcoming trip to the Russian federation
- a valid passport that will not expire for a minimum of 6 months from entering Russia
- All travelers have to apply at least 5 business days in advance of the planned trip to Russia
- You cannot obtain the Russian e-Visa upon arrival
- Each traveler can transit through Russia visa-free if they do not leave the airport transit zone
- All foreign nationals must have a separate online visa to enter the Russian federation
- Russian e-Visa has to be printed out and taken on the travel for control upon arrival
- You cannot prolong your stay with an online visa to Russia
- All e-Visa holders have to use one of the listed border crossing points upon entering Russia
- The Russian electronic visa does not serve as a working permit
- Please note! The online Russian visa is not a multiple-entry permit
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Russian e-Visa
- What is the Russian e-Visa?
Russia e-Visa is an electronic entry permit that can be used for business and tourism-related purposes. The electronic visa to Russia is obtainable entirely online, with no visits to the Embassy needed. The online Russian tourist visa serves as asingle-entry permit and allows a stay of up to 8 days.
- Who needs an e-Visa to Russia?
Everyone who travels to Russia must have a separate e-Visa. Check if your country is listed as eligible and make an online visa application using our website to receive the highest quality electronic visa services!
- What documents are needed for the electronic visa to Russia?
Russian visas in an electronic form require having three essential documents to make a successful application. Each applicant should have a valid passport,aphotograph of their face taken with a phone or a PC camera, and aconfirmation of purchased travel insurance for the Russian federation.
- How to apply for the Russian visa online?
All e-Visa applicants need to prepare the necessary documents, choose the purpose of their travel, and click the 'Apply Online' button located on this website's left-hand side. Next, fill an application form with your data, put in the necessary information, attach thesupporting documents, cover the fees, and check your inbox for the PDF version of your online visa.
- How will I receive the approved electronic Russian visa?
Each applicant will receive their electronic tourist visa via email. Make sure you have put an active email address in your application to access the e-Visa in PDF form once it's delivered. Should you have any questions or doubts, do not hesitate to contact our support team.
- How long is an e-Visa for Russia good for?
Electronic visas to Russia serve as single-entry permits and stay valid for 30 days (one month) from the date of its issue and allow one stay of up to 8 days for its holders with a valid passport.
- What can I do if my electronic Russian visa is denied?
Should your electronic Russian visa be denied, check if the information you have put in the application form was correct. Moreover, make sure you met the e-Visa requirements. If everything was error-free, contact our support team to resolve the issue of your online visa getting denied by the Russian authorities.
- Can I get an e-Visa to Russia on arrival?
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa to Russia
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email