Russia e-Visa Application
e-Visa to Russia: Basic Information
Russia e-Visa is an obligatory travel document for all travellers who wish to visit the Russian federation. Check if your country is listed as eligible for an electronic visa to Russia and make an online application within a few minutes from home!
With a Russian e-Visa, all travellers can stay in Russia for up to 8 days. It serves as a single-entry visa and allows travel for tourism and business purposes. An electronic visa is valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
E-visa processing time may take up to 96 hours (4 business days). However, most applications are approved by the Russian authorities within 72 hours (3 business days).
One visa to Russia type can be distinguished, and that is the single-entry visa. This type of visa allows a single stay in Russia for up to 8 days. E-visa is valid for one month (30 days) from the date of issue.
Russian e-Visa holders can:
- visit their friends/relatives residing in Russia
- go on a holiday
- attend a business meeting/conference
- handle business affairs in Russia
Our team of experts always double-checks each application to ensure it's error-free before submitting it to the Russian authorities for approval.
However, please make sure you have put correct data in the visa application form to avoid delays or issues with your visa being approved.
To enter Russia with an electronic visa permit, you have to be a citizen from one of the following countries:Andora
the Soviet Union
Republic of Korea (south)
Citizens of countries not listed as eligible need to apply for a regular visa at an embassy.
Please note! Before you start applying online, prepare the necessary documents described in the 'Visa Requirements' section.
Check if your passport will be valid for at least 6 months from the planned arrival in Russia; that condition is crucial to making a successful visa application.
Online application guide for the Russian e-Visa:
- Complete the Russia e-Visa application form. Fill in your data, passport details, the purpose of your travel, e-mail address, and other essential information. Attach the supporting documents and check if every piece of information in the form is correct.
- Pay the visa fees by choosing one of the several online payment methods available to all foreign nationals applying using our services.
- Check your inbox. Once your payment registers, check your inbox to receive the confirmation number. Visa processing time may take up to 96 hours (4 business days) and is delivered directly at your e-mail address.
Russian e-Visa stays valid for 30 days (one month) from the date of issue. All foreign nationals travelling to Russia have to do so within the validity period.
e-Visa holders can enter selected areas of the Russian Federation for up to 8 days. Please remember that e-Visas are single-entry permits.
A Transit visa is not necessary when travelling through Russia to another destination. All you need is a valid passport to wait for your connecting flight to another country.
Please note! If you want to stay in Russia visa-free while transiting, you cannot leave the Russian airport's transit zone.
All visitors to Russia have to have two essential documents for the control of the customs officials upon arrival.
Please prepare and have on hand the following:
- a printed Russian e-Visa permit
- a valid passport that will not expire for the next six months from the planned date of arrival to Russia
Ports accepting the Russian e-Visa
All passport holders travelling to the Russian Federation with an electronic visa permit have to plan their journey in such a way as to cross the border through one of the following border crossing points. See which airports, seaports, railroad, and land border crossing points you can use.
- Vladivostok (Knevichy Airport)
- Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Khomutovo Airport)
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Yelizovo Airport)
- Khabarovsk (Novy Airport)
- Anadyr (Ugolny Airport)
- Kaliningrad (Khrabrovo)
- Ulan-Ude (Muhino)
- Chita (Kadala)
- Kaliningrad (checkpoints in the cities of Kaliningrad, Baltiysk and Svetly)
- Big port Saint Petersburg (Marine Station)
- Passenger port Saint Petersburg
- Turiy Rog
- Mamonovo (Grzechotki)
- Mamonovo (Gronowo)
Please note! All foreign nationals have to enter and leave Russia via the same border crossing point!
All applicants need to prepare the following documents to attach to the application form.
Ensure a positive visa approval having these documents on hand while applying:
- applicant's photo (that must meet the passport photo guidelines)
- proof of the purchased travel insurance for the Russian federation
- a valid passport for the next 6 months from entering Russia
- All travellers have to apply at least 5 business days in advance before the entry date into Russia
- You cannot obtain the Russian e-Visa upon arrival
- Each traveller can transit through Russia visa-free if they do not leave the airport transit zone
- All foreign nationals must have a separate visa permit to enter the Russian federation
- Russian e-Visa has to be printed out and taken on the travel for control upon arrival
- You cannot prolong your stay
- All e-Visa holders have to use one of the listed border crossing points upon entering Russia
- Russian electronic visa does not serve as a working permit
- Please note! Russian visa is not a multiple-entry visa.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ for Russian visa
- What is Russian e-Visa?
Russia e-Visa is an electronic tourist visa to Russia that can be used for business and tourism-related purposes. It's a visa permit that is obtainable entirely online, with no visits to the embassy needed. Russian tourist visa serves as a single-entry permit and allows a stay of up to 8 days in Russia.
- Who needs an e-Visa to Russia?
Everyone who travels to Russia must have a separate e-Visa. Check if your country is listed as eligible and make an online visa application using our website to receive the highest quality visa services.
- What documents are needed for Russia e-Visa?
Russian visas in an electronic form require having three essential documents to make a successful visa application. Each applicant should have a valid passport, a photograph that meets passport photo standards, and a confirmation of purchased travel insurance for the Russian federation.
- How to apply for the Russian e-Visa?
All e-Visa applicants need to prepare the necessary documents, choose the purpose of their travel, and click the 'Apply Online' button located on this website's left-hand side. Fill an application form with your data, put in the necessary information, attach the supporting documents, pay the visa fees, and check your inbox for the PDF version of your e-Visa.
- How will I receive a Russian e-Visa?
Each applicant will receive their electronic tourist visa via e-mail. Make sure you have put an active e-mail address in your application to access the e-Visa in a PDF form once it's delivered. Should you have any questions or doubts, do not hesitate to contact our visa support team.
- How long is an e-Visa for Russia good for?
Russian e-Visa is not a multiple-entry visa. Electronic visas serve as single-entry permits and are valid for 30 days (one month) from the date of its issue and allow one stay of up to 8 days for its holders with a valid passport.
- What can I do if my Russian e-Visa is denied?
Should your Russian e-Visa be denied, check if the information you have put in the application form were correct. Make sure you met the e-Visa requirements. If everything was error-free, contact our support team to resolve the issue of your visa getting denied by the Russian authorities.
- Can I get a e-Visa to Russia on arrival?
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa to Russia
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email