Saudi Arabia e-Visa Application
Saudi Arabia e-Visa Information
The Saudi Arabia e-Visa is an electronic visa, introduced on September 27, 2019, by the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to simplify the application process for foreign travelers.
To apply for an e-Visa to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) travelers need their recent photograph and a valid passport.
Saudi Arabia e-Visa is a multiple entry visa that allows eligible citizens to enter Saudi for tourism purposes and stay for a total of 90 days during its one-year validity period.
Saudi e-Visa allows tourists from eligible countries to apply for their visa online 3 days before the planned travel, eliminating the need to pursue the process of obtaining a traditional Embassy visa.
All e-Visas are issued for purposes of tourism, which includes going on the pilgrimage to Mecca (Umrah).
Travelers can easily apply with Evisa Express online within minutes using any working device connected to the internet.
Once an application is approved it's delivered directly into the applicant's email box. The government-issued electronic visa to Saudi is sent in the form of a PDF file.
The Government of Saudi Arabia requires every incoming traveler to register their visit by completing the Saudi Arabia Arrival Registration online.
Complete the Arrival Registration by providing the required details within a few days of your planned visit to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to receive a PDF confirmation via email.
If you wish to travel to Saudi Arabia for business-related purposes like attending business meetings or conferences, we can offer you professional assistance in obtaining Saudi Arabia Invitation Letter. This letter is the first step you must take to apply for a business visa to Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia e-Visa types
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia offers only one e-Visa type for all eligible travelers: an electronic multiple-entry tourist visa.
It can be used for tourism-related purposes, such as travel for sightseeing or visiting family and friends. It also includes the pilgrimage to Mecca (Umrah.)
KSA does not offer an e-Visa for business travel.
So, what are the characteristics of the online Saudi Arabia tourist visa?
- stays valid for 365 days from the date of issue
- is a multiple-entry permit. You can enter and exit the country freely during the validity period
- allows tourists to remain in Saudi Arabia for a total of 90 days, either through one 90-day visit or via numerous shorter trips
Snorkel in the Red Sea, jeep-ride through the desert, relax on the paradise-like Farasan Islands, and discover the ancient sites all with an online visa to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia!
List of eligible countries
If you're wondering whether your country of citizenship is eligible for a Saudi e-Visa, take a look at the list of eligible countries below:
- China (including Hong Kong and Macau)
- Czech Republic
- Korea, South
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
If you cannot find your country on this list, then you are advised to contact your nearest Saudi Arabian Embassy in order to obtain a traditional paper visa.
Please note: Citizens and legal residents of KSA, as well as citizens of member countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), do not need a visa to travel to Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia e-Visa application form
Evisa Express is a trusted provider of electronic visa application services online. We act as a link between travelers and the government of Saudi Arabia. We pre-screen all applications to make sure our applicants have the strongest possible opportunity for approval!
Use the panel on the left and choose the purpose of your travel. Click 'Apply Online' to start the application process and follow these steps:
- Fill the application form: put the necessary information in the form and make sure everything is correct. Provide your name, surname, birth date, basic travel details, passport information, and your email address.
- Cover the 199 Euro fee: use any of the several available methods of online payment to cover the fees for your Saudi Arabia e-Visa. Check if you have received a confirmation number at your email address.
- Wait for the approved e-Visa to be delivered: within a few days your entry permit will be delivered to your email box in PDF form. Make sure to provide an email address that is active!
Please note! Each applicant must have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival to Saudi Arabia.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process or the online Saudi Arabia visa in general, do not hesitate to contact our support team via email or phone!
The Saudi Arabia e-Visa stays valid for one year (365 days) from issuing.
The electronic travel document serves as a multiple-entry online visa that allows you to visit Saudi Arabia numerous times.
All eligible travelers can use the approved Saudi Arabia e-Visa for a total stay of 90 days in Saudi, either via a one 90-day-long visit or through numerous shorter trips, which total length adds up to 90 days.
Once you've used all allowed 90 days spent in Saudi, your Saudi e-Visa will no longer be valid. Please note that e-Visa renewal is not possible until the original one-year validity period goes by.
Electronic visa to Saudi Arabia is issued for tourist purposes only, including the Umrah pilgrimage.
Any traveler can transit through Saudi Arabia without a visa. The only requirement is that you stay in the airport's transit area for the entire period of time before boarding your connecting flight.
Make sure that your passport will stay valid throughout the whole duration of your trip.
Requirements on arrival
All successful applicants get the electronic copy of their e-Visa delivered via email. We recommend that you download this PDF onto your phone and have it available to show to the customs officials who may ask to see it upon your arrival.
However, the Saudi Arabia online visa system is very modern, thus, it does not require you to have the print-out copy with you.
Your electronic visa will be digitally linked to your passport and the customs authorities will be able to see this electronic copy automatically.
Saudi Arabia e-Visa Sample
If you have submitted your application and are now waiting for its approval, please find the Saudi Arabia e-Visa sample below.
All applicants must have the following documents when applying for the Saudi Arabia e-Visa:
- a valid passport
- applicant's face photo that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera
Please note! It's crucial that your passport stays valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Saudi Arabia.
IMPORTANT: Saudi Arabia e-Visa can also be obtained by nationals of countries not listed as eligible, but who hold one of the following documents:
- a valid business or tourist visa issued by the UK, US, or one of the Schengen member countries (the visa must have been used at least once to enter the visa-issuing country);
- permanent residence visa issued by the UK, US, or the EU countries;
- a valid residence visa in the GCC (for at least 3 months), including domestic workers coming with the sponsors.
- Participation in Umrah is only possible out of the Hajj season. To participate in Hajj you must apply for a special visa at the Embassy (The Ministry of Hajj)
- Only Muslim travelers can access the city of Mecca, while others can access the city of Madinah
- Participation in Umrah is also possible for unaccompaniedmale relatives
- Your passport must stay valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Saudi Arabia. An exception is passports issued by the United States
- When traveling with a passenger under the age of 18, you are obligated to submit an application for a guardian of a minor
- e-Visa is accepted by all airports and seaports in Saudi Arabia
- The Saudi Arabia online visa is currently not issued for business purposes
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application processThere are three easy steps to get your e-Visa to Saudi Arabia. Any issues during the application process can be addressed by contacting our support team
- Qualified team of expertsA qualified team oversees the processing of each and every application
- Guarantee of serviceIf an application is unable to be processed, reimbursement is provided according to the conditions set out by our Terms of Service
FAQ about the Saudi Arabia e-Visa
What is the e-Visa for Saudi Arabia?
Saudi Arabia e-Visa is a multiple-entry permit that allows travelers to visit KSA for tourism purposes. You can obtain the necessary entry permit online within few days or less by filling out an application with Evisa Express. The approved online visa will be digitally connected to your passport and a PDF copy will be sent to your email.
How much is the electronic visa for Saudi Arabia?
The electronic visa for Saudi Arabia costs 199 Euro, which you can cover using any of the several available online payment methods. As soon as your payment registers, you will receive a confirmation number that can be used to check how well your application is processing.
Is Saudi e-Visa valid for Umrah?
Yes, the Saudi Arabia e-Visa is valid for Umrah. However, only Muslim travelers can access the city of Mecca. Moreover, you can participate in Umrah only when it is not currently the Hajj season. If you're not Muslim, you can access the city of Madinah.
How can I check my Saudi e-Visa status online?
To check the status of your Saudi Arabia e-Visa, prepare the confirmation number received right after your payment has been registered and contact our support team via email or phone. The processing time is a few days; thus, make sure to apply in advance.
Can I get an online Saudi visa on arrival?
Citizens from the eligible countries can obtain an online visa on arrival. However, it is far more secure to get the necessary entry permit a few days in advance of the planned travel. Make sure that you'll be able to cross the Saudi border and avoid the long lines at the airport by applying for an e-Visaonline.
I'm from the United States - am I eligible for an electronic visa to Saudi Arabia?
Yes, the United States is one of the eligible countries for an electronic visa to Saudi Arabia. The multiple-entry permit can be used only for tourism purposes and stays valid for one year from issuing. Apply at least 3 business days in advance of your travel and get the approved online visa delivered to your inbox!
Who needs an e-Visa for Saudi Arabia?
Every traveler who crosses the Saudi Arabia border must have an appropriate entry permit to do so. Apply for your e-Visa at least 3 business days in advance of your travel to get it delivered on time. Moreover, please make sure that your passport will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Saudi.
How to get a visa for Saudi Arabia online?
Tourists from the eligible countries can get the necessary electronic visa by simply filling out the online application form with some basic personal and travel information and covering the 199 Euro fee. Should you need anyhelp during applying, do not hesitate to contact our support team.
How long does it take to get the online Saudi Arabia visa?
The maximum processing time when applying for the Saudi Arabia online visa is a few days from submitting the form. To avoid any delays or issues with approval, please make sure there are no errors in your application.
How will I receive the electronic Saudi Arabia visa?
All approved electronic Saudi visas are delivered to applicants via email in the form of a PDF file. Make sure to provide a correct and active email address when applying online. Once you receive your entry permit, all there's left to do is packing your bags! You don't have to print it out since it links directly to your passport.
How to check the online visit visa expiry date in Saudi Arabia?
It's very easy to check the expiry date of your Saudi Arabia e-Visa! Simply check the date on the electronic visa PDF you received in your email box. If you have misplaced your entry permit, please contact our support team.
What documents do I need to apply for the Saudi Arabia visa online?
To apply for your Saudi Arabia visa online, prepare your passport and the applicant's face photo that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera. Please remember that your passport needs to stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of the travel.
Do children need an e-Visa for Saudi Arabia?
Yes, children do need an e-Visa. Saudi Arabia requires that parents or legal guardians fill out separate applications for their children. The child's application must contain information about their legal guardian.
What can I do if my Saudi Arabia e-Visa is denied?
Saudi Arabia e-Visa applications are rarely denied. In case yours did not get positively approved, make sure that all the data provided in the form was correct. If so, please contact our support team via email or phone to receive further information.
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply onlineFill out basic information on your citizenship and purpose for travel
- Fill out the remaining required information and make online paymentWe accept both credit and debit cards and other convenient methods of payment.
- Check your emailOnce your payment is confirmed, the e-Visa will be sent to the email address provided in your application