Sri Lanka eVisa Application (ETA)
Sri Lanka eVisa: Basic information
Since 2012, travelers can obtain their eVisas to Sri Lanka at their e-mail boxes within 72 hours! The average processing time when using our eVisa services is just 23 hours from submitting your ETA application.
The entire process of applying for travel authorization to Sri Lanka can be done online and the ETA is issued electronically within a maximum of 72 hours from the time the application is submitted.
The cost of the application is 69 EUR (for all types of eVisa).
Get your eVisa to Sri Lanka for 69 Euro using our website and travel to Sri Lanka to get to your final destination, go on vacation in Sri Lanka, or take care of your work duties in the country.
Sri Lanka eVisa types
eVisa application can be made for 3 different types. Each type is designed for a different purpose of use. Select the Sri Lanka eVisa that will be best for your travel needs.
Applicants can choose between:
- Tourism ETA that is a double-entry visa for tourism purposes that allows a 30-day stay in total
- Business ETA which is a double-entry visa for business purposes for a total of 30 days spent in Sri Lanka
- Transit ETA that serves as a 2-day entry permit to Sri Lanka to use for the purposes of transiting through Sri Lanka to your final destination
Should you have any questions regarding the Sri Lanka eVisa types, contact our support team via e-mail or phone.
List of eligible countries
See if your country is listed below to find out if you are eligible to make an online application for the Sri Lanka ETA:
- American Samoa
- Anguilla (UK)
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Aruba (NL)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- British Virgin Islands (UK)
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands (UK)
- Central African Republic
- Channel Islands (UK)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- Equatorial Guinea
- Eswatini (Swaziland)
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas) (DK)
- Gibraltar (UK)
- Glorioso Islands (FR)
- Greenland (DK)
- Guadeloupe (FR)
- Guam (US)
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Isle of Man (UK)
- Jan Mayen (NO)
- Korea, South
- Macau (SAR)
- Macedonia (North)
- Marshall Islands
- Martinique (FR)
- Mayotte (FR)
- Montserrat (UK)
- Navassa Island (US)
- Netherlands Antilles (NL)
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Niue (NZ)
- Papua New Guinea
- Paracel Islands (CN)
- Pitcairn Islands (UK)
- Puerto Rico (US)
- Reunion (FR)
- Russian Federation
- Saint Helena (UK)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Svalbard (NL)
- Tokelau (NZ)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands (UK)
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
- Wake Island (US)
- Wallis and Futuna (FR)
- Western Sahara
Should your country not be listed above, you will need to apply for a regular visa at your closest Sri Lankan Embassy.
Please note! Citizens of Seychelles, Singapore, and the Maldives can enter Sri Lanka visa-free.
Sri Lanka eVisa application
All you need to submit the eVisa application online is a valid passport and any kind of working device with an internet connection. Use your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet, visit our website, and follow a simple application process.
Sri Lanka eVisa application guide:
- Use the panel on the left to choose the purpose of your travel to Sri Lanka. Put the basic personal data in the application form along with your travel and passport details. Make sure there are no errors in your application and move on to the next step.
- Make an online payment using your credit card, debit card, PayPal, or any other method of payment from several available on our website. Sri Lanka eVisa processing fee is just 69 Euro.
- Check your inbox. ETA to Sri Lanka will be delivered to the applicant's e-mail address in a PDF form.
Please note! The average processing time when using our services is just 23 hours! Sri Lankan ETAs can be processed within less than a day. However, apply at least 3 business days in advance of your planned arrival to Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka eVsia validity
Tourism and Business ETAs stay valid for 6 months (180 days) from the issue date. Both permits allow two entries to Sri Lanka and a total of 30 days spend in the country.
Please note! The second entry to Sri Lanka must take place within 30 days from the first one.
The transit ETA is also valid for 6 months; however, the holders can stay in Sri Lanka for up to 2 days to reach their final destination.
eVisa Transit Information
Anyone transiting through Sri Lanka to another country must make an eVisa application prior to their travel to Sri Lanka.
Enter Sri Lanka with the transit ETA and stay in the country for up to 2 days. All you need to visit Sri Lanka with an ETA is a valid passport.
Requirements on Arrival
The customs officials in Sri Lanka will check if each traveler has a valid passport. Please remember to check if your passport will not expire for the next 6 months from your entry to Sri Lanka.
Obtain your eVisa online and show your passport upon arrival in Sri Lanka. Electronic visa is directly linked to your passport.
Sri Lanka eVisa Sample
The application can be submitted using any working device with an internet connection. Moreover, the average processing time is just 23 hours! Check the delivered entry permit will look like by finding the Sri Lanka eVisa sample below.
Required documents for eVisa
- eVisa applicants should prepare a valid passport before making their application.
- Each applicant will be asked to provide their personal, travel, and passport details.
- Make sure that you have an active e-mail address onto which ETA to Sri Lanka will be sent.
Requirements are elementary!
Applicants need to grab their passports and make an application within minutes from home.
- applications should be made at least 3 business days before traveling to Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka visa can be used for tourism, business, and transit purposes
- ETA or eVisa is not a working permit
- each applicant must have a passport that will stay valid for 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Sri Lanka
- ETA is a double-entry permit and allows travelers to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days in total
- transit ETA enables its holders to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 2 days
- ETA can be extended for up to 6 months only after arrival in Sri Lanka. Contact the official Department of Immigration in Sri Lanka
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Sri Lanka eVisa and ETA
- What is the Sri Lanka ETA or eVisa?
Sri Lanka ETA or eVisa is an official Electronic Travel Authorization for a visit to Sri Lanka and it can be made entirely online. Application takes just a few minutes to complete and can be done even using a phone. Sri Lankan ETA serves as a tourist visa, business visa, or a transit visa.
- Do I need a eVisa for Sri Lanka?
All you have to do to check if you need to apply for the Sri Lankan eVisa is to see if your country of citizenship is listed as eligible for ETA. Citizens of Seychelles, Singapore, and the Maldives may stay in Sri Lanka visa-free.
- Do children need an ETA for Sri Lanka?
Yes, ETA is an obligatory entry permit to have upon traveling to Sri Lanka. Applications for all underage travelers should be submitted by their parents or guardians.
- What documents do I need for eVisa to Sri Lanka?
To complete the application form correctly, make sure to prepare a valid passport. Electronic visa is necessary to have to enter Sri Lanka. Whether you choose to apply for a tourist visa, transit visa or need to visit Sri Lanka for a business trip, all requirements to meet for applicants is to have a valid passport and an active e-mail address.
- How much does a Sri Lanka eVisa cost?
eVisa to Sri Lanka costs 69 Euro. All applicants can choose from several online payment methods to pay the visa processing fee. You can use your credit card, debit card, PayPal, or any other method of payment.
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka eVisa?
First, check if you meet the visa requirements, all applicants should have valid passports. Choose the purpose of your travel (tourist, business trip, or a transit one). Fill the application form with your data and make an online payment. Wait for your approved eVisa to be delivered to your e-mail address.
- How long does it take to get Sri Lanka eVisa?
Sri Lankan eVisa processing time can take up to 72 hours (3 business days). Although the average processing time is just 23 hours, make sure to submit your application at least 3 business days in advance of your planned entry to Sri Lanka.
- How will I receive eVisa for Sri Lanka?
Once your eVisa application gets approved, you will receive it at the e-mail address you provided in the application form. Online visa arrives in a PDF version and is directly linked to applicants' passports. Make sure to use an e-mail address that you have access to.
- Do I need to print ETA to Sri Lanka?
Transit, business, and tourist ETA permits allow its holders to enter Sri Lanka. Sri Lankan eVisas are linked to travelers' passports; however, you may print it out just in case. The customs officials will check if you have a valid ETA.
- How long can I stay in Sri Lanka with an eVisa?
Sri Lankan eVisa holders are allowed to enter Sri Lanka for 30 days total. eVisa serves as a double-entry permit for business and tourist visas. Please note! The transit visa holders are allowed to enter Sri Lanka for up to 2 days.
- How long is an ETA for Sri Lanka good for?
Sri Lankan visas stay valid for 6 months (180 days) from the date of visa issue. All travelers should have their valid passports upon arrival to Sri Lanka, as ETA is directly linked to your travel document.
- Can I extend my stay in Sri Lanka with my ETA?
Yes, all ETA permits can be extended for up to 6 months. Visas can be extended after arriving in Sri Lanka. Contact the official Sri Lankan Immigration Office to learn more about the system of visas extension and to make your extension application.
- Can I get a eVisa on arrival in Sri Lanka?
eVisa on arrival is available to obtain for all travelers. However, to avoid the long lines at the airport and ensure a quick entry to Sri Lanka, apply for ETA a few days in advance of your travel. Applications are usually processed within 23 hours and arrive at the applicant's e-mail address.
- What can I do if my Sri Lanka eVisa is denied?
Our support team is available to all travelers whose applications were not approved. Make sure all the data provided was correct; if so, contact our support team via e-mail or phone to discuss your situation further or to ask any questions you may have.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email