Thailand eVisa Online Application
Thailand eVisa information
The Thai tourist eVisa is a single-entry electronic visa that allows its holders to stay in Thailand for up to 60 days and stays valid for either 3 or 6 months from issuing.
The electronic visa for Thailand can be used for all tourism-related purposes, including making family visits but also for medical treatment or participation in meetings, conventions, exhibitions, or incentives.
Thailand officially implemented a new stickerless eVisa system on the 26th of September, 2021 to ease the process of obtaining a visa before one's visit to Thailand, offering nine different eVisa types for foreign travelers.
The new eVisa system no longer requires travelers to submit their visa supporting documents at the Thai Embassy or Consulate; therefore switching to an entirely online system of applying.
Citizens of 37 eligible countries can submit their Thai eVisa applications online 15 business days ahead of the planned departure to Thailand to receive the approved document via email in PDF form.
Thailand eVisa types
Thailand's Government introduced an extremely extensive eVisa system that offers nine different online visa types for eligible travelers to choose from.
The main type of electronic visa for Thailand is the tourist one that serves as a single-entry travel authorization document allowing its holders to stay in Thailand for up to two months.
The approved tourist Thai eVisa can be used for the following purposes:
- leisure-related activities, e.g., a short vacation stay
- making family visits
- undergoing medical treatment at one of the registered hospitals in Thailand
- MICE participation (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, & Exhibitions) supported by the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB)
Thailand offers also 8 additional eVisa types:
- a business & investor visa (non-immigrant B/IB)
- a study visa (non-immigrant ED)
- a family visit visa (non-immigrant O)
- a transit visa
- a long-stay visa (issued for one or five years with the possibility of further extension)
- a SMART visa (for investors and entrepreneurs who wish to invest in one of the 10 S-Curve industries in Thailand, e.g., the agriculture and biotechnology sector.
- a government/diplomatic mission visa (non-immigrant F)
- a diplomatic/official visa
The specific characteristics (such as the validity period or the length of the maximum stay), as well as the required documents, differ between the various Thai eVisa types, some requiring officially issued documents to be provided.
List of eligible countries
Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Thai eVisa online:
- China (including Hong Kong)
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
Travelers whose country is not listed above should apply for their Thai visa directly at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in person.
Thailand eVisa application form
Eligible travelers who wish to visit Thailand using the electronic visa system should first choose the specific Thai eVisa type that goes with their purpose of visit to Thailand.
All applications for the Thai eVisa (no matter the selected type) should be submitted at least 15 business days ahead of the planned trip to Thailand to allow for appropriate visa processing time.
To apply online prepare your valid passport along with the details of your planned trip to Thailand and follow these steps:
- Fill the Thailand eVisa application form by providing the required details and double-check the completed form to make sure it does not contain any errors.
- Cover the service fee using any preferred method of online payment choosing from several secure methods available.
- Wait for the confirmation email to arrive and print out the received in PDF file eVisa.
TIP: Providing correct details helps to avoid any delays or issues with approval.
The electronic visa for Thailand gets processed within 15 business days. That is why it's crucial to submit one's application at least 15 business days before the planned departure to Thailand to receive the approved document on time.
The approved Thailand tourist eVisa stays valid for either three or six months onward from the issuing date. The Thai eVisa is a single-entry travel authorization document; therefore, allowing one visit to Thailand within its validity period.
All eligible travelers who wish to enter Thailand with an electronic visa must have passports, which validity period will extend beyond six months from the planned date of arrival in Thailand.
Please note! The validity period, as well as the length of the maximum stay, may differ between the various Thai eVisa types available.
Travelers whose itinerary includes a layover in Thailand do not have to apply for a transit visa if:
- their connecting flight is to set off within less than 12 hours of arrival in Thailand
- they won't leave the designated transit area at the airport
- they have the required documents for the final destination prepared
- their flight is booked on the same ticket
This exemption may not apply to Pakistani nationals or travelers who plan on using specific airlines.
Transit Thai eVisa serves as a single-entry 30-day travel authorization that stays valid for three months from issuing and can be used for transit, sports activities, or transport-related trips.
If you do need a transit visa to take a stopover in Thailand, apply for the transit Thai eVisa online 15 business days before departure.
Requirements on arrival
Travelers from the 37 eligible for the Thai eVisa countries must have a few documents upon their arrival in Thailand, including:
- a printed copy of their approved Thai eVisa
- their valid passport that will not expire for at least six months forward
Please note! Starting on the 1st of November, 2021, all travelers arriving in Thailand by air must register their visit in the Thailand Pass system available on the official Thai Government website at https://tp.consular.go.th/.
Additional documents may be needed for entering Thailand during the Covid-19 pandemic.
To complete the Thai electronic visa application process, eligible travelers should prepare a few documents, including:
- a valid passport with a minimum validity period of six months from the planned date of arrival in Thailand
- the applicant's face photograph (that can be easily taken using a phone or a PC camera)
- a copy of their return ticket home
- proof of having sufficient funds for the stay in Thailand, i.e., $600 per person or $1200 per family
Please note! The above-listed documents apply to the tourist Thai eVisa type. Should you choose a different type from the nine available, the required documents may differ.
Our support team will get in touch with every applicant who needs to provide additional documents for their application so that it's successfully approved.
- Thai eVisa applicants must be holders of passports with a minimum validity of six months from the planned date of arrival
- There are nine types of the Thai eVisa available, each one correlating to a specific purpose of visit to Thailand
- The electronic tourist visa for Thailand is a single-entry travel authorization document that allows a 60-day stay in Thailand
- The validity period of an approved tourist Thai eVisa extends to three or six months from its issue date
- Thai eVisa can get processed up to 15 business days from submitting one's application online
- The tourist Thailand eVisa can be used for tourism purposes, including family and friends visits, participation in MICE events, and medical treatment
- Approved eVisa gets delivered to each applicant via email in PDF form and should be printed before entering Thailand
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process There are three easy steps to get your visa to Thailand online. Any issues during the application process can be addressed by contacting our support team
- Qualified team of expertsA qualified team oversees the processing of each and every application
- Guarantee of serviceIf an application is unable to be processed, reimbursement is provided according to the conditions set out by our Terms of Service
FAQ about the Thailand eVisa
Do I need an online visa for Thailand?
Travelers listed among the 37 eligible for the Thai eVisa countries must complete an online application process for the Thailand electronic visa 15 business days ahead of their planned trip to this country and choose an appropriate eVisa type that relates to their purpose of visit.
Do children need an eVisa for Thailand?
Children should be included in the eVisa applications made by their parents or legal guardians. In such a case, the person completing the form should take care of providing correct and error-free data during the online visa application process.
How much does a Thailand eVisa cost?
Thailand eVisa costs XX Euro. The payment can be easily made online using any of several secure online payment methods available, such as using a credit/debit card or PayU.
What documents do I need for the tourist Thailand eVisa?
The documents needed for completing the tourist Thailand eVisa online application process are a passport with a minimum validity of six months, an applicant's face photo, proof of having sufficient funds for the stay ($600 per person or $1200 per family), and a copy of one's return ticket. Other Thai eVisa types may require different documents to be provided.
How to apply for a Thailand visa online?
To apply for the Thailand visa online, eligible travelers should first choose the preferred Thai eVisa type and then fill the application form with the required information (personal, passport, and travel-related details). Next, cover the service fee using any preferred online payment method, and wait for approval.
How will I receive the approved Thailand eVisa?
The approved Thailand eVisa arrives directly at the email address provided while filling the application form. Processed electronic visas for Thailand will be delivered in form of a PDF file, which should then be printed for the travel.
Do I need to print the Thailand eVisa?
Thailand eVisa should be printed for the planned visit to this country. The immigration officials will check if each traveler has an appropriate travel authorization document to enter.
How long does it take to get the Thailand eVisa?
Thailand eVisa gets processed within 15 business days from applying online. All the details provided in the Thai eVisa application form must be correct. Any errors in the given details, misinformation, or missing information may lead to delays or issues with eVisa approval.
How long can I stay in Thailand with an eVisa?
Thailand eVisa allows its holders to stay in Thailand for different amounts of time, depending on the selected eVisa type. The tourist online visa allows stays for up to 60 days. Moreover, the Thai tourist eVisa is a single-entry document allowing one visit to Thailand within its three- or six-month-long validity period.
How long is a tourist eVisa for Thailand good for?
Issued tourist Thai eVisa stays effective for three or six months from the day of its approval. Thus traveler's passport must stay valid for a minimum of six months to enter Thailand with the tourist Thai eVisa. Other Thai eVisa types may have different validity periods.
Can the tourist Thai eVisa be extended?
An electronic Thailand tourist visa can be extended upon making an extension application at the Office of Immigration Bureau in Bangkok or online on http://www.immigration.go.th.
What can I do if my Thailand eVisa is denied?
Should one's Thai eVisa application get denied, it's best to contact our support team via email or phone to get professional assistance and help with resolving any eVisa-related issues. However, the main reason for an eVisa application getting denied is incorrect data provided while applying online. It's also worth remembering that the final decision always lies within the Thai Government.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa to Thailand
- Apply online Fill out basic information on your citizenship and purpose for travel
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment We accept both credit and debit cards and other convenient methods of payment.
- Check your email Once your payment is confirmed, an eVisa will be sent to the email address provided in the application form.