Visa to Guinea-Bissau
Guinea Bissau eVisa Information
Guinea Bissau eVisa is an online visa system, introduced by the Guinea Bissau Government in November of 2015, that provides an easy and fast way to get a visa using an online application form.
Using this system, applicants will be able to submit and receive an eVisa within four business days. The online visa process eliminates the need for collecting additional documents or covering any other fees.
There are three available types of the Guinea Bissau Visa that allow visiting the country for tourism or transit purposes. Depending on the selected type, eVisa's validity period differs and can be either 30 or 90 days. The length of the maximum stay is the same as the previously mentioned validity period.
Eligible passport holders are allowed to extend their stay in Guinea Bissau for not more than 90 days within 12 months from the date of first entry into Guinea Bissau after the eVisa is issued.
Travelers should apply online at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the planned travel and let the professionals handle all the formalities. eVisa is then available to collect at the Conakry airport upon arrival.
Guinea Bissau Visa types
The Guinea Bissau offers three different Visa types for all eligible travelers; you can choose between:
- a single-entry visa for a 30-day stay
- a multiple-entry visa for a 90-day stay
- a transit visa for a one-day stay
The single-entry and multiple-entry eVisa can be used only for tourism purposes. You can go on vacation, go on a safari tour, visit your friends and family, and explore the country.
The transit type is designed for all travelers who need to go through Guinea Bissau to reach another destination.
Guinea Bissau Visa Application
Collect the necessary documents and apply online at least 3 business days before your travel to get the Guinea Bissau eVisa delivered on time!
To start the application process, simply choose the purpose of your travel using the panel on the left. Next, click on the 'Apply Online' button and follow these simple steps:
- Fill the application form: provide some basic personal and travel details, such as your name, surname, passport details, email address, and other. Double-check if there are no errors in the provided information.
- Cover the fees: choose any preferred online payment method and pay for the issuing of your eVisa. As soon as your payment is registered, you will receive a confirmation number.
- Check your email address: the decision about your entry permit will be delivered within 72 hours (3 business days) at your email box.
Collect your eVisa at the Conakry Airport upon arrival; make sure to have your valid passport with you.
Should you have any questions or need any further information, do not hesitate to contact our support team via email or phone! We are always happy to assist all applicants.
Guinea Bissau eVisa validity period
The validity period differs depending on the selected type of the Guinea Bissau eVisa. The single-entry permit stays valid for 30 days, while the multiple-entry one expires after 90 days from issuing.
The transit eVisa will be valid for 20 days from the date of issue; however, you can only spend one day in the country using this entry permit.
Make sure to use your eVisa within the validity period to cross the Guinea Bissau border without any issues. Check if your passport will not expire for a minimum of 6 months from the planned date of the travel.
Every traveler that needs to transit through Guinea Bissau must make an online visa application before leaving on their travel. eVisa is necessary to have when crossing this country's border; thus, make sure to apply at least 3 days before your trip.
Simply choose 'Transit' as the purpose of your travel and fill the online visa application form with the required information.
Requirements on arrival
There a few documents that need to be prepared when one wants to enter Guinea Bissau. Make sure to prepare the following:
- the approved eVisa form delivered to the applicant's email box within 72 hours
- a valid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended date of arrival
- a return ticket
- proof of booked accommodation
- a credit card (to prove having sufficient funds for the trip)
The customs officials will take the traveler's photo and fingerprints before handing in the Guinea Bissau eVisa.
List of eligible countries
Check the following list of eligible countries to learn if you can make an online application for the Guinea Bissau eVisa:
- Aland Islands (FI)
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- British Indian Ocean Territory (UK)
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island (AU)
- Cocos Islands (AU)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Costa Rica
- Ivory Coast
- Curaçao (NL)
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Faroe Islands (DK)
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Korea, North (DPRK)
- Korea, South
- Macau (SAR)
- Marshall Islands
- Myanmar (Burma)
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Palestinian Territory
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Saint Thomas and Princes Islands
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Western Sahara
This section describes the required documents that need to be prepared before making an online visa application for the Guinea Bissau eVisa.
To submit a successfully processed application, please have the following documents on hand:
- passport with a minimum validity of 6 months past the planned date of travel
- yellow fever vaccination certificate
- a document proving having sufficient funds for the trip
- a photo of the return ticket
Should you need any further information regarding the documents needed for the online application or have any doubts on how to apply, please contact our support team.
- the Guinea Bissau eVisa is not a working permit and can only be used for tourism or transit purposes
- every applicant must have a passport that will not expire for the next 6 months starting from the planned date of the travel
- online visa application for every underage traveler must be made by their parents or guardians
- there are three types of an eVisa to Guinea Bissau to choose from
- the approved eVisa form must be printed out and taken to the airport
- eVisa should be collected at the Conakry Airport upon arrival
- our support team is available to all applicants that need further information via email and phone
- the eVisa for Guinea Bissau processing time can take up to 72 hours (3 business days)
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application processThere are three easy steps to get your eVisa to Guinea Bissau. Any issues during the application process can be addressed by contacting our support team
- Qualified team of expertsA qualified team oversees the processing of each and every application
- Guarantee of serviceIf an application is unable to be processed, reimbursement is provided according to the conditions set out by our Terms of Service
FAQ about the Guinea Bissau eVisa
What is the Guinea-Bissau eVisa?
The Guinea Bissau eVisa is an electronic entry permit that was introduced in 2015 to facilitate travel to this West-African country. There are three types available, and all eligible travelers can apply online using their phone, laptop, PC, or tablet and complete the process within minutes!
Do I need a visa for Guinea-Bissau?
Unless you are a citizen of the 14 African countries that can enter Guinea Bissau visa-free, you must apply for an eVisa at least 3 business days in advance of your travel. Check if your country of citizenship is listed as eligible and submit the form following a 3-step online application process.
How much does Guinea-Bissau eVisa cost?
The Guinea Bissau eVisa costs XX Euro. Cover the fees once you complete filling the online application form. Select any online payment method from several secure ones and see if you have received the confirmation number after covering the fees.
What documents do I need for Guinea-Bissau eVisa?
There are four documents that all applicants must prepare before completing the online application process. Make sure that you have a valid passport, a yellow fever certificate, proof of having sufficient funds, and a return ticket.
How to apply for the Guinea-Bissau visa?
The application procedure for the Guinea Bissau eVisa is effortless and intuitive. Simply choose the purpose of your travel, fill the application form providing your data, and cover the fees using any online payment method.
How long does it take to get the Guinea-Bissau eVisa?
No matter if you apply for a tourist entry permit or the transit one, the Guinea Bissau eVisa processing time is 72 hours. Submit your application at least 3 business days prior to your travel and make sure there are no mistakes in it to avoid delays.
How will I receive the Guinea-Bissau eVisa?
Once you submit your application and the 3-day processing time is up, you will receive the approved eVisa form delivered to your email box. As soon as you arrive at the Conakry Airport, collect your entry permit and start your 1, 30, or 90-day visit.
Do I need to print Guinea-Bissau eVisa?
Yes! The approved eVisa must be printed and taken to the airport to show the customs officials upon arrival. Once you present the necessary documents, you will receive the entry permit for your travel. Make sure to check the 'Requirements on arrival' section for more information.
How long can I stay in Guinea-Bissau with an eVisa?
The length of the permitted stay while on your travel to Guinea Bissau differs depending on the selected type of eVisa. There are two tourist entry permits, one allows a single-entry of 30 days, and the second one serves for multiple visits and allows a 90-day stay. The transit eVisa makes it possible to stay in the country for one day.
Can I get a visa on arrival in Guinea-Bissau?
The Guinea Bissau eVisa is to be collected upon arrival at the Conakry Airport. However, you must apply at least 3 business days before your travel. Submit the application online using any working device with an internet connection and get the entry permit once you arrive!
What can I do if my Guinea-Bissau eVisa is denied?
The first step to take when your Guinea Bissau eVisa was not approved is to check if you haven't made any mistakes in your application. Please contact our support team via email or phone to further discuss your situation.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa to Guinea-Bissau
- Apply onlineFill out basic information on your citizenship and purpose for travel
- Fill out remaining required information and make online paymentWe accept both credit and debit cards and other convenient methods of payment.
- Check your emailOnce your payment is confirmed, the eVisa will be sent to the email address you provided on your application