ETIAS Visa Waiver for Europe
ETIAS - European Travel Information and Authorization System
ETIAS is an electronic authorization visa, will be introduced at the end of 2022 to allow visa-exempt countries to reach any of the 26 European countries that are part of the Schengen Area.
60 countries outside of the EU will have to apply for ETIAS travel visa before visiting any country that is in the Schengen Area.
The ETIAS visa waiver was introduced to make traveling to Europe far safer, reduce terrorism and illegal migration.
Since the ETIAS is not a regular visa, you don't have to visit an Embassy nor a Consulate to obtain this electronic visa.
Simply fill an online application form providing necessary personal information, make an online payment, and wait for your approved ETIAS eVisa to arrive at your email address!
Use your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet to complete the application process and let the professionals handle your entry permit for you.
Spend just a few minutes to submitting your application. Most ETIAS requests are accepted within minutes.
There is only one ETIAS type to apply for that can be used for various purposes. ETIAS stays valid for 3 years or until your travel document expires, whichever comes first.
Moreover, the travel authorization for Europe, allows travelers to visit the Schengen Area unlimited number of times. Each stay can be as long as 90 days (three months).
ETIAS can be used for the following purposes:
- tourism: to visit your European friends and family, go on vacation, go sightseeing, explore the tourist destinations, go on a trip around Europe
- business: handling any business affairs, negotiating future contracts or cooperations, going on a business trip
- transit: to reach your final destination via any of the Schengen Area countries
- medical treatment: to undergo medical treatment in Europe
Please note! Even though ETIAS allows performing business activities, it does not serve as a working permit.
Since so many countries need to make the ETIAS application before visiting the European Union, the electronic system should be as effortless as possible.
Luckily, applying online takes only a few minutes, and most applications are approved within minutes as well. You can use your phone or any other device and fill an online form wherever you are!
Prepare your valid passport and follow these steps to submit your ETIAS application:
- Fill an online application form: put your basic personal data, such as your name, address, passport details in the form. Double-check if every piece of information is correct and move on to the next step.
- Make the payment: pay the ETIAS fees using any method of online payment that you prefer. Choose from the several different payment methods available when using our services.
- Check your email box: approved ETIAS authorization will arrive at the applicant's email box in a PDF form within a maximum of 96 hours (4 business days). However, most applications are approved in just a few minutes.
Our support team is available to every applicant that needs assistance during applying and after completing the process of applying. Should you have any questions, concerns, or doubts, do not hesitate to contact us via email or phone!
The ETIAS travel authorization stays valid for 3 years from issuing or until your travel document expires.
Since both documents are connected, make sure that you have a valid passport before applying for the ETIAS authorization.
Citizens from every country that can enter the European Union visa-free need to apply for an ETIAS visa waiver, even if it's only for transit purposes.
If you're traveling through any of the EU countries to reach your final destination and your citizenship is outside of the EU, you need to obtain ETIAS first.
If you have an approved ETIAS authorization, you only need to carry your valid passport or any other travel document used while applying upon your arrival.
ETIAS links electronically to your travel document. If you prefer, you can print your travel authorization copy and have it with you while traveling.
The following countries can make an ETIAS application to visit the Schengen Area.
Check if you are eligible to apply online:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR
- Macao SAR
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent
- Solomon Islands
- South Korea
- Timor Leste
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Necessary documents for ETIAS
All applicants need to meet the following ETIAS requirements:
- a valid passport that will not expire throughout the whole duration of your trip
- a digital face photo (that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
Our team of experts adjusts the photos received; thus, taking a face photo should take you just a couple of seconds.
- ETIAS visa waiver is not a regular visa
- all countries outside the EU that can enter Europe visa-free need to apply for the ETIAS
- the ETIAS operates entirely electronically and facilitates the process of handling the necessary entry permits
- each applicant must have a valid travel document to make an online application
- applicant's face photo can be taken using a phone or a PC camera
- ETIAS travel permit stays valid for 3 years from issuing and allows unlimited number of visits to Europe
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the ETIAS
- What is ETIAS?
ETIAS stands for European Travel Information and Authorization System. All travelers outside the EU need to obtain this permit to go through the border checks of the selected EU country. It was implemented to increase safety and decrease illegal migration to Europe.
- Do I need an ETIAS for Europe?
Citizens of all countries that are non in the European Union can enter it visa-free. However, non-EU countries need an ETIAS travel authorization to visit the countries that are part of the Schengen Area. Luckily, ETIAS operates entierly electronically and is one of the easiest permits to obtain.
- Do children need an ETIAS for the European Union?
Children visiting Europe visa-free from the non-EU countries also need ETIAS visa. The application should be submitted by their parents or guardians. Underage travelers (under the age od 18) are exempt from the ETIAS fees, but need to have their own permit.
- Can I enter Europe without ETIAS?
Only EU countries can enter Europe without the ETIAS travel authorization. To enter the Schengen Area outside the European Union, visitors must apply for an ETIAS.
- What documents do I need for ETIAS?
The only document needed to apply for an ETIAS is a valid passport. Provide the passport information while applying online and check if your travel document will stay valid for the whole duration of your trip. All applicants should also prepare a face photo that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera, as our team of experts adjusts the sizes of the received files.
- How can I pay for ETIAS travel authorization?
Travelers that need to obtain an ETIAS have a number of different online payment methods to choose from. Applicants can use their credit or debit cards, PayPal accounts, or any other means of payment to cover the ETIAS fee.
- How to apply for ETIAS?
Only three simple steps stand between applicants and their ETIAS permits. Simply fill an application form with your data, passport information, and provide your email address. Cover the ETIAS fee using any preferred method of online payment. Lastly, wait for your approved ETIAS to arrive in your inbox.
- How will I receive ETIAS?
Each applicant will receive a PDF version of their approved ETIAS at their email box. Make sure to put an email address that is active while filling the application form online.
- How long does it take to get ETIAS?
Most ETIAS authorizations are approved within just a few minutes. However, the processing time may take up to 96 hours (4 business days). Make sure to apply at least 4 days in advance to receive your ETIAS on time.
- Do I need to print ETIAS?
ETIAS travel authorization system operates entirely electronically. There is no need to print out your ETIAS as it's directly assigned to your passport. If you prefer to be prepared, you may have an additional hard ETIAS copy or a copy on your mobile device when you enter the Schengen Area border control.
- How long can I stay in Europe with ETIAS?
ETIAS allows its holders to have multiple visits to Europe within the validity period. Each stay can be as long as90 days (three months).
- How long is an ETIAS for the European Union good for?
Passport holders who receive their travel authorization can enter the Schengen Area unlimited number of times. The ETIAS stay valid for up to 3 years or until your passport expires. Make sure that your travel document will not expire throughout the whole duration of your trip to Europe.
- What can I do if my ETIAS is denied?
Should your ETIAS to Europe application be rejected, do not hesitate to contact our support team via email or phone. If you need any further information on the application process or are unsure why your ETIAS was not approved, we are available to assist all travelers. For our contact information, click the 'Contact' button located at the top of the website.
- Where can I read more about ETIAS?
ETIAS stands for European Travel and Information Authorization System. To learn more about how it works, visit https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/smart-borders/etias_en. Moreover, our support team is available via email and phone to assist all travelers applying for ETIAS authorizations.
Three easy steps to get your ETIAS
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email