UAE e-Visa Application
UAE e-Visa Basic information
The UAE e-Visa is an electronic visa that was implemented in 2019 by the UAE Government in order to enable foreign travelers to visit the United Arab Emirates for short-term tourist stays.
The electronic visa system serves as great facilitation in the whole visa handling process since it allows travelers to obtain their travel authorization documents entirely online.
The UAE e-Visa comes in four different types that allow its holders a 96-hour, 30-day, or 90-day visit to the UAE, depending on the selected e-Visa type. Issued electronic visas for the UAE stay valid for 2 months.
Travelers from the eligible countries can now make their visa applications online using this website and receive the approved document via email within a maximum of 3 business days.
The approved UAE e-Visa can be used to travel to the United Arab Emirates for tourism or transit purposes. Travelers can visit their friends and family residing in UAE, go sightseeing, or go on vacation, all with one document!
Moreover, the UAE online visa serves for a single visit to Dubai, or any other city in the country. Travelers should apply online to receive their electronic visas via email in PDF form!
The UAE e-Visa works as a travel authorization for every emirate that forms the country, including:
- Abu Dhabi
- Ras Al Khaimah
- Umm Al Quwain
This means that UAE e-Visa holders can stay in any preferred emirate for up to 30 or 90 days, depending on the selected UAE e-Visa type.
Applicants may choose one of four available UAE e-Visa types and apply for their preferred travel authorization online. Choose from:
- a30-day single-entry e-Visa
- amultiple-entry e-Visa for a total stay of 30 days in the UAE
- a 90-day single-entry e-Visa
- a 96-hour transit e-Visa (only for Dubai airport)
UAE e-Visas stay valid for 60 days from the date of their issue.
How can travelers use the UAE e-Visa?
- To go on vacation
- Explore the seven emirates of the country, including Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- Handle any important business within all of UAE
- Attend conferences, meetings, fairs, expos
- Visit friends and family residing in any UAE emirate
- Take a layover when transiting through UAE onto an onward destination
Please remember! e-Visa to UAE can only be used for tourism purposes. It does not serve as a working permit. UAE or Dubai online visa holders cannot participate in any kind of labor activity while on their visit to the UAE. Otherwise, you may be liable to fines or deportation.
The online application takes just a few minutes to complete. Apply from home or any other place using a phone, laptop, PC, or tablet with an internet connection. Visit our website for an intuitive and transparent application form!
Please note! Our support team is available to every traveler at each step of the e-Visa application process. Should you have any questions, issues, or need more information, do not hesitate to contact us via email or phone.
To make a successful application for the United Arab Emirates online visa, first, gather all of the required documents and make sure that you meet all of the requirements.
Next, use the panel on the left to choose the purpose of your travel. Once that's done, click the 'Apply Online' button and start filling out the application form.
- To obtain your electronic visa quickly, all of the data you provide in an online form must be correct. Provide your data, passport details, email address, and attach the additional supporting documents.
- Pay the UAE e-Visa fees and check your inbox for the unique confirmation number you will receive once your payment registers.
- Wait for your tourist e-Visa to get approved, and once it's delivered, print it out and have it with you on your travel.
Important! Every traveler visiting the UAE, especially Dubai, must have a valid passport that will not expire for the next six months, starting from the planned arrival date.
Tourist e-Visa to Dubai or UAE stays valid for 60 days (two months) from the issue date. Make sure not to overstay your visit to avoid additional fees.
Please note! Your passport must stay valid throughout the whole duration of your trip.
Passengers on international flights traveling through the United Arab Emirates may stay in the country for 96 hours upon obtaining an online transit visa.
Requirements for the transit e-Visa:
- the difference between the two flights must be over 8 hours
- the passenger must continue their journey to a selected third destination
- all applicants need to have proof of booked hotel accommodation
- Arrival point has to be Dubai only and no other Emirate is allowed
- Visa for the country where the passenger is travelling to from Dubai needs to be attached.
Not applicable to the citizens from:
All travelers that wish to cross the UAE border to travel to another country may stay without any entry fees if their visit won't exceed 48 hours.
Should your stay be longer than 48 hours, you can extend it to 96 hours upon paying a fee of 50 AED.
Contact us if you need more information on the transit requirements or entry requirements to meet upon arrival at the selected airport (the Dubai International Airport or any other in the UAE).
Due to the current pandemic state, every passenger needs to have a few more documents on hand upon arrival in the UAE.
Before going on your trip, please prepare:
- a printed copy of the tourist e-Visa to UAE
- a passport with validity extending for at least six months beyond the planned entry to the UAE date
- proof of medical insurance
- health declaration
- a quarantine form
See the countries listed below to find out if you're eligible to travel to the UAE with an e-Visa for tourism purposes:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Canary Islands
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Eswatini (Swaziland)
- Faroe Islands
- Ivory Coast
- Macau SAR China
- North Macedonia
- Marshall Islands
- Myanmar (Burma)
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of the Congo
- Saint Helena
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Sint Maarten
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Saint Kitts & Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Taiwan, Republic of China
- The Gambia
- Timor-Leste (East Timor)
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Turks & Caicos Islands
- Vatican City
Should you need more information concerning your eligibility, please contact our support team via email or phone.
TheUAE e-Visa sample provides general information on how the issued electronic entry permit may look like. Don’t forget to take a look while waiting for your online visa to be approved.
Read on to learn what requirements applicants must meet to make an application for the United Arab Emirates e-Visa.
All applicants must attach the following documents to their application to get positive online visa approval:
- applicant's face photograph (that can be easily taken using a phone or a PC camera)
- a photo of the passport's bio-data page
- confirmation code from the booked flight to the UAE
- the last page of the applicant's passport (if applicable)
- a flight ticket
- residence proof or ID to prove the traveler's address
Please note! If you plan to visit the UAE by land, you won't require a flight ticket and the flight confirmation code.
Documents to attach for underage travelers:
- their face photograph (can be taken with a phone or a PC camera)
- valid passport's photo
- a photo of the child's birth certificate (either in English or Arabic)
Should you need to translate the birth certificate, the translation must be official, and the document must be attested.
- the online visa application must be made at least three business days in advance of your visit to the UAE or Dubai
- every traveler must have a passport valid for at least six months forth from the intended date of entering the United Arab Emirates
- all passengers, including children, must have a valid e-Visa to travel to the UAE. No matter what age the traveler is, an electronic visa is obligatory
- tourist e-Visas can be extended for a period of 30 days twice (you don't have to leave the country to extend your online visa validity). However, extension does not apply to GCC residents, special entry and 96-hour special mission visa holders
- in case of overstaying in the UAE, travelers may be fined and/or deported. Additionally, you may be banned from re-entering the United Arab Emirates. Do not overstay to avoid problems
- e-Visa to UAE enables its holders to stay in Dubai or any other city for 30 or 90 days and serves as a single or multiple-entry permit (depending on the selected UAE e-Visa type)
- all data provided in the application form must be error-free, always double-check the information you put while applying
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the UAE e-Visa
The United Arab Emirates e-Visa is an obligatory permit for anyone visiting the country. You may apply for it online with a passport valid for at least six months from the planned date of the trip. Electronic visas to UAE come in four different types differing in the length of the permitted stay and the number of entries allowed.
If your country is listed as eligible, see the 'List of eligible countries' section, you must obtain an online visa before crossing the UAE border. Make sure to prepare all of the documents that will be checked upon arrival, including your passport valid for six months, health insurance, and other documents described earlier.
Citizens of countries listed as eligible must obtain an electronic visa in advance to travel to the United Arab Emirates. e-Visas to UAE allow its holders to visit the country for up to 30 or 90 days. Please note that you can only use it for travel related to tourism or transit. Make sure that your passport stays valid throughout your whole trip.
Yes, all underage travelers must have an e-Visa to stay in UAE. No matter what age the child is, infants are also included. Their parents/guardians should make the online visa application and ensure that they have all of the required documents.
Before your travel to UAE, ensure to gather all of the required documents for the tourist e-Visa. Attach to your application form a photo of your valid passport, applicant's face photograph, a confirmation code of the booked flight, if applicable, the last page of your passport, hotel bookings, as well as residence proof or ID with address. Moreover, a translated to English or Arabic birth certificate is required for all underage applicants.
Whether you want to stay in Dubai or any other city of the United Arab Emirates, make sure to apply for your visa online at least 3 days in advance. Collect the required documents, fill the application form with your data, passport details, travel details, and attach the required supporting documents. Choose any method of payment that you want to use and cover the fees.
The approved e-Visa arrives at the applicant's email address in PDF form. Filling the form using our website correctly will assure receiving your electronic visa without any issues. Make sure to print it out before your travel to UAE.
The online UAE visa processing time may take a few days. If you provide your data correctly in an online form, you will avoid delays with approval. Make your application at least 3 business days in advance to make sure you'll receive it before your travel.
All valid passport holders with an e-Visa to UAE may stay in the country for up to 30 or 90 days. Overstaying without an extension is not possible, do not elongate your visit without an appropriate entry permit to avoid being fined or deported.
An e-Visa to UAE stays effective for 60 days (two months) from the issue date. Make sure that your passport validity will extend beyond 6 months from the planned date of arrival. Moreover, since both documents (electronic visa and your passport) are connected, do not lose it or change any data on it, since such actions could lead to your entry permit becoming invalid.
Yes. When visiting the UAE, the customs officials check if each passenger has the required documentation on hand. Every passenger must have a printed e-Visa copy along with their passport upon arrival. For a list of the necessary documents to have upon arrival, see the 'Requirements on arrival' section.
All tourist e-Visas can be extended for a period of 30 days twice (you don't have to leave the country to extend your online visa validity). However, the extension does not apply to GCC residents, special entry, and 96-hour special mission visa holders. Remember that you must have a passport with appropriate validity and meet all required online visa conditions to apply for extension.
Only certain countries may obtain an online visa on arrival. Whether you're traveling to the Dubai International Airport or any other airport located in UAE, you must first check if your citizenship makes you eligible for this type of entry permit. However, applying in advance by filling an online form is far more secure and easy!
Three easy steps to get your UAE e-Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email