Georgia e-Visa Application
Georgia e-Visa: Basic Information
Georgia e-Visa is an electronic visa that serves as a multiple-entry travel authorization for Georgia obtainable entirely online.
The e-Visa system was introduced in Georgia in 2015 to make visits to the country more accessible by simplifying the visa handling process.
Over 60 countries are now eligible to apply online for an electronic visa to travel to Georgia.
Georgia e-Visa is available under two types; however, both are multiple-entry travel authorizations.
The first Georgia e-Visa type allows its holders a 30-day stay with a 120-day validity period; while the second one serves for 90-day long visits staying effective for 180 days.
The online application process takes just a few minutes to complete and can be done on any working device with a stable internet connection.
Once approved, e-Visa to Georgia arrives at the applicant's email address in PDF form.
Georgia e-Visa types
There are two types of the electronic visa to Georgia for citizens of the eligible countries. The online visa type that you can apply for will differ depending on your nationality.
- Multiple-entry permit valid for a 120-day period. This e-Visa type allows numerous stays in Georgia; each one can be as long as 30 days.
- Multiple-entry permit valid for a 180-day period. Multiple visits to Georgia are available with this electronic visa type, with each stay of up to 90 days.
List of eligible countries
Citizens of the following countries may apply online for the multiple-entry e-Visa effective for 120 days and enter Georgia for 30 days each time:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- The central African Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- North Korea
- Papua New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
Citizens of the countries listed below may apply for the second online visa type, allowing each stay to be as long as 90 days:
- East Timor
- Marshall Islands
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Solomon Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
Citizens or residents of the following countries may enter Georgia visa-free if their stay doesn't extend beyond 90 days:
- British Dependent Territories - Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man
- British Overseas Territories - Bermuda, Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Turks and Caicos Islands, and Gibraltar
- Czech Republic
- Denmark territories
- French Republic territories
- Netherlands territories
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- United States of America
Georgia e-Visa application form
First, check which online visa for Georgia type you are eligible for depending on your country of origin. Then, prepare the necessary documents, all listed in the 'Required Documents' section.
Choose the purpose of your travel by clicking 'Select purpose' on the left-hand side panel. Next, start the application process by clicking on the 'Apply online' button.
Follow this simple, 3-step process to make your online visa application successful:
- Provide your data and all necessary travel-related information in the application form. Ensure every piece of information provided is correct, and attach the supporting documents prepared earlier.
- Pay the Georgia e-Visa fees. All applicants can choose between numerous secure online payment methods. Right after your payment has been received, you will get an email with a unique confirmation number.
- Wait for your electronic Georgia visa to be approved. Within 7 business days, the approved entry permit will be delivered to your email box. Make sure to provide an email address that is active and that you have access to.
The final processing time rests with the Immigration Office in Georgia and may elongate if necessary.
Please note! Your passport must stay valid for at least 6 months beyond the planned entry to Georgia date. Check your passport expiry date before applying!
All e-Visa holders may enter Georgia for either 30 or 90 days each time, depending on which electronic visa type you're eligible for.
- The multiple-entry online visa (for stays of 30 days) remains valid for a 120-day period since the issue date
- The second e-Visa type, allows stays of 90 days each time and is valid for a 180-day period starting from the issue date
Make sure that your passport will not expire for the whole duration of the trip.
Upon transiting through Georgia to another country, each passenger is advised to have an online visa.
Choose the type of entry permit you're eligible for and apply online to transit through Georgia without any issues.
If you decide visit Georgia, make sure to have your passport and other necessary documents ready upon arrival
Requirements on arrival
Every traveler must present the following documents for control of the customs officials upon arrival in Georgia:
- a valid passport
- a printed copy of the electronic Georgia visa
- a proof of booked accommodation
- travel and health insurance
- documents proving the purpose of your travel
- evidence of having sufficient funds for the trip
- a copy of the return ticket
Have the above-listed documents on hand when arriving in Georgia to ensure an issue-free entrance.
To ensure a positive approval of your online Georgia visa application, make sure to attach the documents described in this section.
All applicants for a Georgia e-Visa should have the following:
- a digital photo of the passport's bio-data page (your passport cannot expire for the next 6 months starting from the intended date of entry to Georgia)
- applicant's face photograph (that can easily be taken using a phone or a PC camera before applying)
- booked accommodation details
- all travelers wishing to visit Georgia need a separate e-Visa
- applicants need to hold a passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from entering Georgia
- passports need to have at least one free page available for stamping upon arrival
- applicant's nationality decides on which electronic Georgia visa type can he/she apply for
- the customs officials will check if each traveler has the required documents upon arrival (a printed Georgia e-Visa, a return ticket, proof of booked accommodation, etc.)
- every traveler needs to prove that they have sufficient funds to cover the expenses of their visit to Georgia (including the costs of financing children visiting Georgia with them)
- if your presence in Georgia would be contrary to national interests or security, the immigration officer may decide not to allow you entrance into the country
- before applying, check if you meet all of the online Georgia visa requirements
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Georgia e-Visa
- What is the Georgia e-Visa?
An electronic visa to Georgia is an obligatory document to have for everyone who wants to travel to and within Georgia. It serves as a long-term online visa and allows multiple visits, each one either 30 or 90 days long, depending on your nationality.
- Can I enter Georgia without an electronic visa?
50 countries may currently visit Georgia without an electronic visa if their stay doesn't exceed three months. Other countries need an e-Visa to travel to Georgia. All you have to do is meet a few requirements, e.g., have a valid passport and complete the application process within minutes from home.
- Do I need an online visa to Georgia?
If your country is not listed as one of the countries that can visit Georgia without a visa, you need to apply online for an electronic entry permit. Prepare the necessary documents and make an online application to receive the electronic visa at your email address!
- Do children need an e-Visa to Georgia?
All children need an electronic visa for their Georgia travel. Parents/guardians should file an application on behalf of the underage travelers. Should you have any further questions regarding this topic, do not hesitate to contact our support team via email or phone.
- What documents do I need for the Georgia e-Visa?
To apply for the Georgia visa online and make sure your application is positively approved, prepare a photo of their passport's bio-data page, the applicant's face photograph, travel details, and the details of the booked accommodation.
- How to apply for a Georgia visa online?
Check if your country is listed as one of the eligible ones that may apply for an electronic visa to Georgia. Prepare the required documents and start applying by filling the application form. Provide your data, passport details, travel details, and attach the supporting documents. Next, pay the e-Visa fees, and wait up to 7 business days for your entry permit to arrive at your email address.
- How long does it take to get the Georgia e-Visa?
Georgia online visa is delivered within 7 business days from applying. Please note that providing your data correctly is crucial to avoid any issues with approval or delays. Our team thoroughly checks each form to make sure it's correct. However, the final processing time rests with the Immigration Office in Georgia.
- How will I receive the Georgia e-Visa?
If you have your passport ready and meet all the other requirements. Applying should take you just a few minutes. Electronic visas to Georgia arrive at the applicant's email address in PDF form, which then needs to be printed out and taken to the airport along with your passport and other documents.
- Do I need to print the Georgia e-Visa?
Yes, the Georgia online visa needs to be printed out and taken to the airport for control of the customs officials. Not only your entry permit, but also your passport, return ticket, sufficient funds, booked accommodations, and other documents will be controlled upon arrival.
- How long is an e-Visa for Georgia good for?
There are two different electronic visa to Georgia types; both allow their holders to visit this country numerous times. The first type, allowing each stay to be 30 days long, stays valid for 120 days from the issuing date. The second one that allows stays of three months at a time is valid for 180 days from issuing.
- How long can I stay in Georgia with an e-Visa?
Your Georgia travel can last for either one month or three months at a time. Traveler's nationality decides on which entry permit type a person can apply for. You can travel to this country multiple times with both electronic visas available.
- Can I extend my stay in Georgia with my e-Visa?
Only short-term visa to Georgia can be extended. Electronic visas that allow numerous stays of 30 days or three months can't currently be extended. Go back to your home country upon the e-Visa expiry and re-apply to visit Georgia again.
- Can I get an online visa on arrival in Georgia?
Georgia online visa is obtainable on arrival during your travel. However, to save yourself from the long lines at the airport, uncertainty, or any stress, apply in advance using our website to ensure a safe and stress-free travel!
- What can I do if my Georgia e-Visa is denied?
Should your electronic visa to Georgia fail to be approved, make sure that you meet all of the requirements and that the data you have put while applying was correct. Contact our support team to resolve the issue. Our team is available via phone and email.
Three easy steps to get Georgia e-Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email