Georgia e-Visa: Basic Information
Over 60 countries are now eligible to apply online for an electronic visa permit to travel to Georgia. Thanks to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Georgia, the visa handling process is now greatly facilitated.
Georgia e-Visa is available under two types; however, both are multiple-entry permits. Apply online using our visa services and let the professionals handle your visa permit for you.
The application process takes just a few minutes to complete and can be done on any working device with a stable internet connection. Once approved, e-Visa to Georgia arrives at the applicant's e-mail address in a PDF form.
Georgia e-Visa types
There are two types of electronic visa permit to Georgia for citizens of the eligible countries. The Visa type that you can apply for will differ depending on your nationality.
- Multiple-entry visa valid for a 120-day period. This visa type allows numerous stays in Georgia; each one can be as long as 30 days.
- Multiple-entry visa valid for a 180-day period. Multiple visits to Georgia are available with this visa type, with each stay of up to 90 days.
List of eligible countries
Citizens of the following countries may apply online for the multiple entrance visa effective for 120 days and enter Georgia for 30 days each time:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- The central African Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- North Korea
- Papua New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
Citizens of the countries listed below may apply for the second visa type, allowing each stay to be as long as 90 days:
- East Timor
- Marshall Islands
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Solomon Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
Citizens or residents of the following countries may enter Georgia visa-free if their stay doesn't extend beyond 90 days:
- British Dependent Territories - Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man
- British Overseas Territories - Bermuda, Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Turks and Caicos Islands, and Gibraltar
- Czech Republic
- Denmark territories
- French Republic territories
- Netherlands territories
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- United States of America
Georgia e-Visa application
First, check which visa for Georgia type you are eligible for depending on your country of origin. Then, prepare the necessary documents, all listed in the 'Visa Requirements' section.
Choose the purpose of your travel by clicking 'Select purpose' on the left-hand side panel. Start the application process by clicking on the 'Apply online' button.
Follow this simple, 3-step process to make your visa application successful:
- Provide your data and all necessary travel-related information in the application form. Ensure every piece of information provided is correct, and attach the supporting documents prepared earlier.
- Pay the visa fees. All applicants can choose between numerous secure online payment methods. Right after your payment has been received, you will get an e-mail with a unique visa confirmation number.
- Wait for your Georgia visa to be approved. Within 7 business days, an e-Visa to Georgia will be delivered to your e-mail address. Make sure to provide an e-mail address that is active and that you have access to.
The final processing time rests with the Immigration Office in Georgia and may elongate if necessary.
Please note! Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the planned entry to the Georgia date. Check your passport expiry date before applying!
Georgia e-Visa validity period
All e-Visa holders may enter Georgia for either 30 or 90 days each time, depending on which entry permit type you're eligible for.
- The multiple entrance visa for stays of 30 days stays valid for a 120-day period since the visa issue date
- The second visa type, allowing stays of 90 days each time is valid for a 180-day period starting from the visa issue date
Aside from these two visa types, 50 countries listed above may enter Georgia visa-free if their stay won't be longer than three months.
Upon transit through Georgia to another country, each passenger is advised to have a visa to Georgia.
Choose the type of entry permit you're eligible for and apply online to transit through Georgia without any issues.
If you decide to transit through Georgia, make sure to have your passport and other necessary documents ready upon arrival!
- a printed e-Visa permit
- a valid passport (for a minimum of six months from arriving)
Requirements on arrival
Every traveller must present the following documents for control of the customs officials upon arrival in Georgia:
- a valid passport
- a printed copy of the Georgia visa
- a proof of booked accommodation
- travel and health insurance
- documents proving the purpose of your travel
- evidence of having sufficient funds for the trip
- a copy of the return ticket
Have the above-described documents on hand when arriving in Georgia to ensure an issue-free entrance.
To ensure a positive approval of your Georgia visa application, make sure to attach the documents described in this section.
All applicants for a Georgia visa should have the following:
- a legible scan of the passport's bio-data page (your passport cannot expire for the next 6 months starting from the intended date of entry to Georgia)
- applicant's photograph (adhering to the passport photo guidelines)
- booked accommodation details
- Georgia travel details
- all travellers wishing to visit Georgia need a separate visa permit
- applicants need to hold a passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from entering Georgia
- passports need to have at least one free page available for stamping upon arrival
- applicant's nationality decides on which Georgia visa type can he/she apply for
- the customs officials will check if each traveller has the required documents upon arrival (a printed Georgia entry permit, a return ticket, proof of booked accommodation, etc.)
- every traveller needs to prove that they have sufficient funds to cover the expenses of their visit to Georgia (including the costs of financing children visiting Georgia with them)
- if your presence in Georgia would be contrary to national Georgia interests or security, the immigration officer may decide not to allow you entrance into the country
- before applying, check if you meet all of the visa requirements
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ for Georgia e-Visa
- What is the Georgia e-Visa?
An electronic visa to Georgia is an obligatory visa permit to have for everyone who wants to travel to and within Georgia. It serves as a long-term visa (not a short-term visa) and allows multiple visits to Georgia, each one either 30 or 90 days long, depending on your nationality.
- Can I enter Georgia without a visa?
50 countries may currently visit Georgia without a visa according to the Georgia visa policy if their stay doesn't exceed three months. Other visa-exempt countries may enter Georgia with an e-Visa. All you have to do is meet a few Georgia visa requirements, e.g., have a valid passport.
- Do I need a visa to Georgia?
If your country is not listed as one of the visa-exempt countries that can visit Georgia without a visa, you need to apply online for an e-Visa to Georgia. Prepare the necessary documents and make an online application in just a few minutes from home.
- Do children need an e-Visa to Georgia?
All children need a visa for their Georgia travel. Parents/guardians should file an application for all underage travellers visiting Georgia with them.
- What documents do I need for Georgia e-Visa?
To apply for the Georgia visa and make sure your application will be positively approved, all applicants should prepare a scan of their passport, the applicant's photograph, their Georgia travel details, and details of the booked accommodation.
- How to apply for a Georgia visa?
Check if your country is listed as one of the visa-exempt countries that may apply for an electronic visa to Georgia. Prepare the required documents and start applying by filling an application form. Provide your data, passport details, travel details and attach the supporting documents. Next, pay the visa fees, and wait up to 7 business days for your Georgia visa to arrive at your e-mail address.
- How long does it take to get Georgia e-Visa?
Georgia travel visa arrives within 7 business days from applying. Please note that providing your data correctly is crucial to avoid any issues with approval or delays. Our team thoroughly checks each form to make sure it's correct. However, the final processing time rests with the Immigration Office in Georgia.
- How will I receive Georgia e-Visa?
If you have your passport ready and meet all of the other requirements. Applying should take you just a few minutes. Visas to Georgia arrive at the applicant's e-mail address in a PDF form, which then needs to be printed out and taken to the airport along with your passport and other documents.
- Do I need to print Georgia e-Visa?
Yes, the Georgia visa needs to be printed out and taken to the airport for control of the customs officials. Not only your entry permit, but also your passport, return ticket, sufficient funds, booked accommodations, and other documents will be controlled upon arrival.
- How long is an e-Visa for Georgia good for?
There are two different visa to Georgia types; both allow their holders to travel numerous times to Georgia. The first type, allowing each stay to be 30 days long, stays valid for 120 days from the visa issuing date. The second one that allows stays of three months at a time is valid for 180 days from the date of visa issue.
- How long can I stay in Georgia with an e-Visa?
Your Georgia travel can last for either one month or three months at a time. Traveller's nationality decides on which entry permit type a person can apply for. You can travel to and within Georgia multiple times with an electronic entry permit.
- Can I extend my stay in Georgia with my e-Visa?
Only the short-term visa to Georgia can be extended. Visas that allow numerous stays of 30 or three months can't be currently extended.
- Can I get a visa on arrival in Georgia?
Georgia visa is obtainable on arrival during your travel. However, to save yourself from the long queues at the airport, uncertainty, or any stress, apply in advance using our website to ensure a safe and stress-free travel.
- What can I do if my Georgia e-Visa is denied?
Should your travel visa to Georgia fail to be approved, we grant reimbursement. In case you would still want your Georgia travel to happen, make sure that you meet all of the requirements and that the data you have put while applying was correct. Contact our visas support team to resolve the issue (available via phone and e-mail).
Three easy steps to get Georgia eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email