Papua New Guinea Visa Online
Papua New Guinea Visa Online
The Papua New Guinea eVisa is a single-entry online visa introduced to facilitate entry to the country for eligible travelers who can complete the visa application without visiting an embassy or consulate.
There are different types of PNG eVisas granted depending on the traveling purpose. Foreign visitors who wish to travel to Papua New Guinea for leisure-related purposes can choose between two types of Visitor visas issued either for a 30-day or 60-day stay.
Business travelers can apply for a business eVisa for Papua New Guinea, enabling a 30-day stay in the country and covering all business-related purposes.
The Papua New Guinea visa application consists only of three very intuitive and straightforward steps, including filling out the short online application form, covering the processing fee, and receiving the approved PNG visa via email.
Eligible applicants need to submit the PNG eVisa application at least 3 business days in advance of the planned trip to receive the visa delivered on time.
Papua New Guinea eVisa types
A traveler can choose from the following Papua New Guinea visa types:
- 30-Day Visitor eVisa: a single-entry electronic visa covering all kinds of leisure-related purposes, such as recreation, holidays, sightseeing, and visiting friends or family members; this type of visa is issued for 30 days, and the validity starts on the date of planned arrival in Papua New Guinea;
- 60-Day Visitor eVisa: a single-entry online visa, covering all kinds of tourism purposes; the visa remains valid for 60 days, and its validity starts from the date of one's intended arrival in the country;
- 30-Day Business eVisa: a single-entry electronic visa that permits various kinds of business-related activities; the visa is issued for 30 days, and its validity starts on the date of one's arrival in PNG.
List of eligible countries
Countries eligible for a 30-Day Visitor Permit Visa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Brunei Darussalam*
- Hong Kong (SAR)*
- Korea (South)*
- Macao (SAR)*
- New Zealand*
- Russian Federation
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent & Grenadines
- Solomon Islands*
- South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago*
- United Kingdom (British Citizen Passport)*
- United States*
*These passport holders are also eligible for the 60-day Visitor Visa.
Countries eligible for 60-Day Visitor Permit Visa
- American Samoa
- Brunei Darussalam
- Czech Republic
- Holy See (Vatican City State)
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Macao (SAR)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
Additionally, the following passport holders are also eligible for PNG eVisa:
- Dutch Territories (as Dutch passport holders): Aruba, Curacao, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Bonaire and Sint Eustatius and Saba
- Holders of French passports from French Territories, including Reunion, Saint Martin (French part), Wallis, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Guadeloupe, New Caledonia, Saint Barthelemy and French Polynesia
- New Zealand Passport holders (Niue, Cook Islands, Tokelau)
- US passport holders from US Territories, including the Virgin Islands (U.S.), Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Futuna, Puerto Rico
- UN Agency and UN Organisation
Papua New Guinea eVisa application form
Firstly, you should check whether your country is eligible for the Papua New Guinea online visa. If yes, gather the necessary documents to apply online.
To successfully submit your PNG visa application, follow this simple guide consisting of only three simple steps:
- Choose one eVisa type and fill out the online visa application form by providing all the required information. Once you complete the form, do not forget to check twice all the information for correctness.
- Pay the processing fee by choosing one of the available means of online payment. Receive the confirmation number delivered to your email inbox.
- Visit your email inbox, download the approved PNG eVisa and print it out.
Please bear in mind that your passport must remain valid throughout the entire planned stay in Papua New Guinea. What is more, any changes made to your passport data, or your passport's loss or expiration will automatically make your visa invalid.
Depending on the type of the Papua New Guinea eVisa, its validity may differ and can be either 30 or 60 days for tourism visas, or 30 days for business visas.
No matter the PNG eVisa type, all visas are issued as single-entry permits. Their validity starts on the date of one's arrival in Papua New Guinea.
As long as a traveler does not plan to exit the airport transit area and holds all the required documents to enter the final destination, they are allowed to stay in the airport for up to 8 hours without a visa.
If you plan to exit the transit zone in Papua New Guinea, do remember to obtain a visa.
Requirements on arrival
The customs officials in Papua New Guinea may ask you to present the following documents:
- the passport that you used to apply for the PNG visa;
- a printed copy of your valid PNG eVisa.
After verifying your documents at the border, your passport will be stamped with your arrival date. Make sure to depart PNG before your visa expires.
Required documents for Papua New Guinea
To apply for a Papua New Guinea eVisa, one must prepare the following:
- a copy of a bio-data page of a passport issued by a country eligible for an eVisa (it must remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of intended arrival in PNG and have min. one blank page for entry stamps);
- an active email address;
- a valid means of online payment;
- a letter from a business associate in PNG*.
*Required only for business travelers.
Please note that if your passport is lost or its data changes, your PNG eVisa will automatically become invalid, and submitting a new visa application will be necessary.
- Travelers do need to apply for a Papua New Guinea eVisa at least 3 business days before their traveling plans
- It is impossible to extend the PNG online visa - if you plan a longer stay in the country, you need to exit PNG and apply for a new visa to come back to Papua New Guinea
- Remember that you must be outside PNG when applying for a visa online
- If you have any doubts about the visa requirements or types of visa you should select when applying online, do not hesitate to contact our support team
- Make sure to check your passport validity - if it is less than 6 months, you should start by renewing your passport and only then should you proceed with the eVisa application
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application processPapua New Guinea
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Papua New Guinea eVisa
The Papua New Guinea eVisa is a visa that travelers can obtain entirely online if they wish to visit the country for leisure or business-related purposes.
Yes. As long as you are not a citizen of Papua New Guinea, you do need to obtain a visa. If you are eligible for the PNG eVisa, you can complete the visa application online.
Yes. Every underage traveler should obtain a Papua New Guinea visa. An application on behalf of every minor should be made by a parent or a legal guardian.
To apply for PNG online visa, one simply needs to hold a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date they plan to arrive in the country. The passport should have at least one blank page for an entry stamp. Additionally, business applicants can be asked to provide some supporting documents.
It is necessary to apply for the PNG eVisa at least 3 business days in advance of the planned journey, as it is the standard time needed to process every eVisa application. However, please do note that the waiting time is solely determined by the final decision of the Papua New Guinean immigration authorities, and it may take a bit longer in certain situations.
Depending on the visa type, you can stay in Papua New Guinea either for 30 or 60 days with an online single-entry tourist visa. As a holder of a business eVisa, you are permitted to stay in the country for up to 30 days.
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email