East Africa Visa
East Africa Tourist Visa: Basic Information
East Africa Tourist Visa is an electronic document that allows you to enter Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya. This authorization is available to all citizens of every country in the world. Essentially, everyone who holds a valid passport can apply for an Visa. The entire process can be done online so you don't have to visit the embassy.
The price for issuing an East Africa Visa is 149 Euro.
Types of Visa's
East African Visa is a multiple entry authorization that entitles your stay on the territory of Uganda, Rwanda & Kenya in tourism, business (only Uganda)and family visiting purposes.
ATTENTION: With this document you can enter all 3 of the abovementioned countries, however the initial entry has to take place in Uganda or Rwanda.
List of eligible countries
Every nationality is eligible to get an East African Visa given that the applicant holds a valid passport.
ATTENTION: To be able to apply for an East African Visa your passport has to be valid for a minimum period of 6 months.
East African Visa - application form
You are obliged to apply with at least 3 days advance.
Please carefully read and comply with the important notices and guidelines stated in each step of the application form.
We would like to inform you that the final decision and processing time is dependable on the government of Rwanda or Uganda.
An approved Visa will be sent to your email address. After you receive the email you are obliged to print the document out and show it at the airport upon arrival in Rwanda or Uganda.
For completing the application, use the panel on the left. Choose one of the available purposes of stay and enter your citizenship. Click "Apply online" to fill out your application form.
- Visa validity period
East African Visa will enable your stay in Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya for:
- 90 days - multiple entries authorization
The validity of eVisa for East Africa begins with the planned date of entry and not with its issuance date.
ATTENTION: Your passport has to be valid for a period of at least 6 months after the planned arrival date.
Transit visa information
As long as an applicant is not planning on leaving the transit zone, there is no need for any additional documentation.
If you want to leave the permitted transit area of the airport, you need to get a transit visa at the Airport. For more information on how to get a transit visa, please contact the airline you are planning on going with and customs officers at the Airport.
Requirements on arrival
You are obliged to carry 2 documents with you to the airport a printed out Visa and a valid passport. You are going to be requested to present the documents in physical form. They are going to be verified by customs officials on arrival in Rwanda.
Required documents for those who wish to enter through Rwanda:
- A photograph of an applicant
- A passport biodata page copy (photo or scan)
Required documents for those who wish to enter through Uganda:
- A photograph of an applicant
- A passport biodata page copy
- A vaccination certificate against yellow fever
- An itinerary
- Return ticket copy
- You are obliged to apply with at least 3 days advance;
- Those who already have a valid eVisa to Uganda, Rwanda or Kenya are not eligible to enrol an application for an East African eVisa;
- You are bound to print the Visa and present it with your passport at the border checkpoint of Rwanda or Uganda;
- You are not entitled to make your first entry through a Kenyan border;
- An Visa does not authorize any labor activities;
- East African eVisa cannot be extended.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
Three easy steps to get your Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email