East Africa Tourist Visa Online
East Africa Tourist Visa
The East Africa Tourist Visa is a single-entry visa dedicated to all eligible citizens who wish to visit Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda.
As long as you travel within the three countries, you can enter them multiple times; however, your visa will expire once you leave the countries territories.
East Africa eVisa is available for travelers worldwide. As long as you have a valid passport, you are welcome to apply.
The application process can be done online without the need to visit an embassy or undergo visa interviews.
Even your payment can be done online using a debit/credit card or any other method of online payment from several available.
When you apply with Evisa Express, your approved East Africa Tourist Visa is sent to your email inbox within 6 business days.
The East Africa Online Visa costs 149 Euro per traveler.
East Africa Visa types
There is only one type of an East Africa eVisa. It allows travel within and between Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda for the purposes of tourism. The electronic visa has the following characteristics:
- allows travel in Uganda, Rwanda, & Kenya
- can be used for tourism only in Rwanda and Kenya (this includes family visits.) The electronic visa can be used in Uganda for both tourism and business activities (signing a contract, attending a conference or a meeting.)
- is a multiple entry permit
- is valid for 90 days from the planned date of entry
List of eligible countries
Whereas some countries can be quite selective about which nations participate in their eVisa program, the East Africa Tourist Visa is available to citizens of every nationality.
The only requirement is that you are able to show a valid passport and a few other supporting documents.
Please note that your passport must stay valid for a minimum of six months past the intended date of entry.
East Africa eVisa application form
Please note! You have to apply at least 3 days in advance of your travel.
At Evisa Express, our business is to make travel easier with a straightforward application process. Our customer service team is on call 24/7, and the online form can be completed at any time.
When you are ready to apply, select "tourism" as the purpose of your travel, and click "Apply Online" using the panel on the left. You'll then be taken to the main application form. Follow these steps to complete the process:
- Fill out the application form with details about yourself and your trip, including the planned date of entry. Follow all of the instructions you find on the form.
- Pay the 149 Euro processing fee using any method of online payment you prefer.
After you click "Submit," a confirmation email with the personalized application number will be sent to the email address you provided in your form. If you need to contact the support team for any reason, have that number ready so that we may serve you more efficiently.
The processing time may take up to 6 business days, but most applicants get approval sooner.
Your approved online visa to East Africa will be sent to your email box in a PDF format, and will remain valid for 90 days from the date of entry that you've put on your application.
The electronic East African tourist Visa will enable you to travel for 90 days, starting on the planned date of entry. Moreover, it allows multiple entries. In other words, during your online visa's validity period, you may enter and exit Uganda and Rwanda as often as you need to, and travel freely between the three countries.
Please note that the validity period for the East Africa eVisa begins on the planned date of entry (the date you put on your application) and not on the date of issue.
Important! Your passport must stay valid for at least 6 months after your planned date of arrival in order for your application to be approved.
Important! In case any changes are made to the traveler's passport, the electronic visa becomes invalid. Whenever you lose your document or change the details on it, you will have to apply for a new eVisa.
Travelers transiting through Uganda, Rwanda, or Kenya on their way somewhere else do not need an electronic visa if they do not plan to leave the airport's designated transit zone.
Anyone who plans to leave the transit zone must have a transit entry permit. This visa type must be obtained at the airport; it is not available online. For more information, please contact your airline, as well as the Customs Department at your destination's airport.
Requirements on arrival
All travelers are required to carry the following documents when entering Rwanda or Uganda:*
- Approved eVisa (printed)
- Valid passport (that will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry)
*The electronic East Africa Tourist Visa allows travel through Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya. However, you can enter for the first time only through the country which approved the eVisa.
Both documents will be controlled by the customs officials upon arrival.
East Africa Tourist Visa Sample
If you have already submitted the application form and are waiting for your entry permit to arrive, check the East Africa Tourist Visa sample below to see how this document will look like once it’s delivered!
Tourist Visa Requirements
Before applying, please make sure that you understand the basic thinhs about your online visa application.
- Travel document: Any valid travel document, e.g., a passport, with a minimum validity of 6 months.
- eVisa fees: 149 Euro
- eVisa validity: 90 days from the date of arrival stated in the application form
- eVisa extension: The East Africa Tourist Visa cannot be extended
The requirements differ depending on which country you want to enter through.
- Applicant's face photo (that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
- A photo of the bio-data page of the applicant's passport
- Applicant's face photo (taken using either a phone or a PC camera)
- A photo of the bio-data page of the applicant's passport
- Proof of a vaccination certificate against yellow fever
- A document describing your itinerary
- A copy of your return ticket
- Each applicant has to apply at least 3 days in advance of their trip
- Travelers who already hold a valid visa for Uganda, Rwanda, or Kenya are not eligible for the East Africa Tourist Visa
- You must print out the approved eVisa permit
- The East Africa Tourist Visa does not serve as a working permit. In Rwanda and Kenya, only tourism is allowed (including family visits). In Uganda, both tourism and business activities are permitted, but this does not include being hired by a Ugandan company or starting your own
- The electronic visas for East Africa shall not be extended. If you wish to prolong your stay, you must exit the region and re-apply for a new entry permit
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about East Africa eVisa
- What is an East Africa eVisa?
The East Africa eVisa is a multiple-entry permit allowing tourism within Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya. Valid for 90 days past the intended date of entry; the costs are 149 Euro per traveler. You can obtain yours online with Evisa Express by filling in an online application form within minutes!
- What is an "EATV app"?
"EATV" stands for "East Africa Travel Visa" that you can apply for online. "App" stands for "application" that can be submitted using any working device. Use your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet to fill the form with some basic personal and travel details and get your eVisa delivered to your inbox!
- How to apply for an East African visa online?
To start the process, choose the purpose of your travel and click 'Apply Online' on the left-hand side of the page. Fill an application form with your data and make an online payment. Lastly, check your inbox for an eVisa PDF version. For a complete description of the online application process, see "East African eVisa - application form", above.
- How long is East Africa eVisa valid for?
eVisa for East Africa is valid for 90 days from the intended date of entry. Please remember that in case any details on your passport are changed, should it expire or get lost, the electronic entry permit becomes invalid, since both documents are connected.
- Who needs an eVisa for East Africa?
Every traveler who is not a citizen of Kenya, Rwanda, or Uganda needs an eVisa for East Africa. Fortunately, the EATV is available to citizens from every country in the world. Apply online within minutes from home and get yours delivered within a maximum of 6 business days.
- How much is the East Africa Tourist visa?
The East Africa Tourist Visa costs 149 Euro. You can choose any of the several methods of online payment available to cover the fees. Once your payment is registered, you will receive an eVisa confirmation number that can be used to check the status of your entry permit.
- What are the requirements for the East African eVisa?
The requirements for the East African online visa are elementary. If you plan to enter the region through Rwanda, all you need is your valid passport and a recent photo of yourself. Travelers who plan to enter through Uganda will need a few more documents. For a complete list, see "Required documents", above.
- How long does it take for the East African Tourist Visa to be approved?
East African Tourist Visa applications get approved in 6 business days or less. Many applicants find that their applications are approved in under 24 hours. Make sure that the data provided in the online form was correct to avoid delays or issues with eVisa processing.
- Can I get an East African Tourist Visa on arrival?
The East Africa Tourist Visas are available on arrival. However, it is far more secure to travel with an electronic visa already in hand. Not only does applying for your entry permit in advance eliminate the risk of wasted airfare, should you be unable to get one on arrival; it also makes traveling stress-free and quick.
- What if my East African eVisa application is denied?
Should your application fail to be processed, make sure to contact our support team via email or phone. Our team of professionals always double-checks if every application is correctly filled to ensure successful approval.
- How long can I stay in East Africa with an eVisa?
You can stay in East Africa for up to 3 months from the date of entry you put on your application. eVisa stays valid for 90 days and allows you to enter and exit the region as many times as you need to. Make sure that your passport will not expire for the whole duration of the trip.
- Can I apply for the East African eVisa for my child?
Not only you can but you must apply for an East African eVisa for your child. Fortunately, processing of the entry permits is exactly the same for children as for adults. Apply online with Evisa Express for every underage traveler. Applications need to be made by child's parent or guardian.
- Can I extend the East African Tourist Visa?
Unfortunately, the East Africa Tourist Visa cannot be extended. If you would like to stay longer in Kenya, Rwanda, or Uganda, you must apply online for a new entry permit once you return to your home country. As long as your passport will be valid for at least 6 months from the planned entry date, you may re-apply.
- How long does it take to apply for an eVisa to East Africa?
Completing the application process takes just a few minutes.The processing time can take up to 6 business days, although approved eVisas usually arrive faster. The final processing time depends on the governments of Rwanda and Uganda.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email