Benin e-Visa Application
Benin e-Visa: Basic information
Benin e-Visa is an electronic visa available for travelers from all over the world since 2018. The e-Visa system has dramatically facilitated the visa handling process and makes it possible to obtain this necessary document from home.
Citizens from every country are eligible to apply online provided they have a valid passport on hand. Applicants must follow three simple steps to receive the approved Benin e-Visa via email.
e-Visa to Benin comes in three different types. Travelers can choose between single-entry and multiple-entry visas for either 30 or 90 days of stay with a validity period the same as the length of stay.
With an electronic visa, everyone can now travel to Benin for tourism and business-related purposes.
The approved online visa arrives at the applicant's email address in PDF form. Every country worldwide, besides the African countries that can visit Benin visa-free, must apply for an electronic visa to cross the Benin border.
Benin e-Visa types
Every entry permit to Benin can be used for business and tourism purposes, such as going on vacation, visiting your family and friends, handling your business affairs and meetings, or simply exploring Benin as a tourist.
Each applicant can choose between:
- a single-entry e-Visa for a 30-day stay
- a multiple-entry e-Visa for 30 days
- a multiple-entry e-Visa for 90 days
Select the type of the entry permit that will suit your needs best, and make sure that you have a passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from the planned date of arrival.
Please note! e-Visa processing time may take up to 5 business days. Thus, make sure to apply 5 days in advance of your travel to Benin.
Should you need any more information regarding the available online visa types, processing time, or the process of applying, contact our support team.
List of eligible countries
Citizens from every country worldwide must apply online for the electronic visa to visit Benin.
The only countries that can enter Benin visa-free are the 53 African countries.
Benin e-Visa application
All you need to start the application process is a valid passport. Spare a few minutes and apply online for the Benin e-Visa and let the professionals handle your entry permit for you.
Visit our website using your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet, and start by choosing the purpose of your travel (business or tourism). Prepare your valid passport and follow a 3-step intuitive process of applying online:
1. Click the 'Apply online' button located on the left-hand side and provide your data and passport details in the application form.
2. Make an online payment and see if you have received the electronic visa confirmation number.
3. Wait for your approved e-Visa to Benin to arrive at your email address in PDF form within 5 business days.
Filling the application form and making the payment will take you just a few minutes. Our team of e-Visa experts takes care of the rest. Plan your journey to Benin and wait for your entry permit to be delivered to your email box!
If you need more information on how to apply online, do not hesitate to contact our support team via email or phone.
Benin e-Visa validity
The single-entry and the multiple-entry electronic visa for 30 days stay valid for 30 days (one month). The multiple-entry permit allowing a 90-day stay is valid for 90 days (three months).
Please note! The validity period starts on the date specified by the applicant while applying.
Your passport must not expire for at least 6 months from the planned entry to Benin date.
To transit through Benin to reach any final destination by air, a tourist visa in an electronic form is required. Apply at least 5 business days in advance of your travel through Benin and receive your e-Visa on time.
Should you need to cross the border traveling by sea or land, apply for the 48-hour transit visa online.
Requirements on arrival
Once you receive the approved e-Visa for Benin at your email address, print it out and take it with you on your travel. The customs officials will check if each traveler has a valid passport and a printed electronic visa copy.
Benin e-Visa Sample
Choose the purpose of your travel, apply online, and receive the entry permit delivered to your inbox! Benin e-Visa sample below shows how the approved by the government document looks like:
The only document needed to submit an online application for the e-Visa for Benin is a valid passport. Please check if your passport will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned entry to Benin date.
Make sure to provide the correct information in the application form and double-check if all the data matches your passport details.
- e-Visa applications must be made at least 5 business days in advance of the planned travel
- all applicants must have a valid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended date of entering Benin
- travelers must submit separate visa applications online
- e-Visa to Benin must be printed out and shown upon arrival in the Republic of Benin
- our support team is available to all applicants via email and phone
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application processThere are three easy steps to get your e-Visa to Benin. Any issues during the application process can be addressed by contacting our support team.
- Qualified team of expertsA qualified team oversees the processing of every application.
- Guarantee of serviceIf an application is unable to be processed, reimbursement is provided according to the conditions set out by our Terms of Service.
FAQ about the Benin e-Visa
- What is the Benin e-Visa?
e-Visa for Benin serves as an entry permit for every traveler that needs to visit this country. This visa type can be obtained entirely online and, once approved, arrives at the applicant's email address. Choose a single-entry or a multiple-entry permit and travel to Benin for 30 or even 90 days!
- Can I enter Benin without an online visa?
The only countries that can enter the Republic of Benin visa-free are the African countries. If you're traveling from any other country, you will need a Benin visa that can be obtained in 5 days from applying online.
- Do I need an e-Visa for Benin?
Citizens from every country worldwide need an online visa to visit Benin. The only exception are the 53 African countries that do not need an e-Visa to travel to Benin. Fortunately, every country that needs a Benin visa is eligible to apply online!
- Do children need an e-Visa for Benin?
The online visa is required not only for all adult travelers but also for all children visiting Benin. Choose the preferred type of entry permit and make an online application on behalf of your children. Parents/guardians should be the ones who apply for underage travelers.
- How much does a Benin e-Visa cost?
Benin online visa is required to visit the country and costs 89 EUR. Make an online payment for your electronic travel visa by using any of the various online payment methods available. Choose the most convenient one for you and pay the fees.
- What documents do I need for the Benin e-Visa?
Every applicant needs to prepare their valid passport before applying as the passport details are necessary to be provided in the application form. Your travel document is the only thing needed to apply online! There are no further requirements, which makes it even easier to apply!
- How to apply for a Benin visa online?
Prepare your passport and start by choosing the purpose of your travel. Click 'Apply online' and start providing the necessary data in the application form. Put your name, surname, address, e-mail address, passport and travel details in an online form. Double-check if every piece of information is correct and move on to making the payment.
- How long does it take to get the Benin e-Visa?
Benin e-Visa processing time may take up to 5 business days. Since an electronic visa is required to travel to Benin, make sure to submit your application at least 120 hours in advance of your travel.
- How will I receive the Benin e-Visa?
Once the online visa processing is done (within 5 business days), the approved Benin entry permit will arrive at the applicant's email address in PDF form. Make sure to provide an email address that is active and that you have access to.
- Do I need to print the Benin e-Visa?
A printed electronic visa is required to have upon entering Benin. Print out the received PDF version of the online Benin visa once you get it at your email address. Have your valid passport and the printed entry permit upon your arrival.
- How long can I stay in Benin with an e-Visa?
The single-entry electronic travel visa allows visitors to stay in Benin for up to 30 days (one month). The multiple-entry permit makes it possible for its holders to stay for either 30 or even 90 days (three months) in Benin.
- How long is an e-Visa for Benin good for?
No matter if you're traveling for business or tourism purposes, the electronic single-entry and multiple-entry visas for 30 days stay valid for one month. While the multiple-entry permit for 90 days stays effective for three months. Please note! The validity period starts on the day specified by the applicant in the application form. Make sure to put the correct date while applying.
- What can I do if my Benin e-Visa is denied?
First, check if every piece of information provided in the application form matches your travel document, i.e., your passport. If you have a passport that will be valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of entering Benin and have provided the necessary data while applying correctly, contact our support team via email or phone.
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply onlineFill out basic information on your citizenship and purpose for travel
- Fill out remaining required information and make online paymentWe accept both credit and debit cards and other convenient methods of payment.
- Check your emailOnce your payment is confirmed, the e-Visa will be sent to the email address you provided on your application