Australia eVisa Online
Australia eVisa Basic Information
Australia eVisa is an electronic visa, introduced on 27 October 2008 by the Australian Government to speed up the visa application process by using an online form. It is offered in two types.
Australia eVisitor or ETA are both electronic travel authorization documents, which allow eligible citizens to obtain a visa online by filling an application form.
The only difference between Australian ETA and eVisitor is in the list of eligible countries.
EU citizens can make an application for the eVisitor visa subclass 651; whereas, the Australian ETA subclass 601 is available to 8 stipulated countries.
The approved ETA and eVisitor for Australia both link to the traveler's passport and can be used for all tourism, business, or transit-related visits.
All travelers must have a valid eVisa when traveling to Australia. The visa application must be submitted online and costs 49 EUR for both types.
Both entry permits stay valid for 12 months and allow numerous 3-month long visits to Australia.
Australia eVisa types
Australia offers two electronic visa types for all passport holders from the eligible countries, and these are the following:
ETA (subclass 601)
Australia ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) is a multiple-entry visa that stays valid for one year (12 months) and allows its holders to visit Australia numerous times. Each visit can be as long as 3 months (90 days) at a time.
ETA can be issued for the following purposes:
- tourism: all kinds of recreational activities are allowed with ETA to Australia. Visit your friends and family members, go on vacation, explore the tourist destinations, or simply relax on your getaway.
- business: business ETA makes it possible for all Australia visitors to take care of their business affairs, negotiate any cooperations, look for business opportunities, or participate in a conference.
eVisitor visa (subclass 651)
eVisitor is an electronic visa to Australia dedicated to citizens coming from all European countries. It serves as a multiple-entry visa valid for one year. Travelers from the European countries can travel to Australia many times with each stay being as long as 3 months at a time.
Use your eVisitor to Australia for:
- tourism: suitable for family visits, or seeing your friends, any leisure activities, traveling within Australia, exploring the country, or going on vacation.
- business: take part in training, attend a business meeting or a conference, arrange any future cooperations, or visit your business partners in Australia.
List of eligible countries
To apply for the eVisitor visa, you must be a citizen from one of the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City (Holy See)
Should your country not be listed above, you will need to apply for a standard embassy visa.
Australia eVisa application form
The application process is the same no matter which Australia electronic visa type you're eligible for. The only document you will need is your valid passport.
Please note! Make sure to provide your data in the application form correctly, as you won't need to attach a photo of your passport.
Visit our website using any working device; it can be your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet, and start the application process.
Use the panel on the left side of this page to choose the purpose of your travel (tourism or business). Then select your nationality.
- Click 'Apply online' and fill out the application form. You will need your passport details and a valid email address to complete it.
- Make an online payment by choosing any of the several secure payment methods available and pay the 49 Euro fee.
- Wait for your approved eVisa to Australia to arrive at your email address in a PDF form.
Usually, the whole process takes a few days, but very often, applications get approved on the same day.
Please remember that the entire visa process and the processing time are at the Australian Immigration Service's discretion.
Australia ETA and the eVisitor visa are multiple-entry permits that both stay effective for one year (12 months) from the issue date.
Please note that ETA and eVisitor are connected to the traveler's passport. Whenever your passport expires, should you change any data on it or lose this document, the Australian online visa becomes invalid.
Australian eVisa holders may travel this country numerous times within the one-year validity period. Each visit can be as long as 3 months (90 days) at a time.
If you wish to return, you must leave Australia for a minimum of 3 days. After that, you are allowed to return for another 3 months (if those 3 months fall within your eVisa's validity period).
Australia eVisa is obligatory for anyone who needs to transit through Australia, no matter how long you'll be staying in the country.
Apply online at least 3 business days in advance of your travel using any working device!
Requirements on arrival
You will receive your approved eVisa via email in a PDF form.
Australian eVisa automatically assigns to your passport number, so there is no need to print the document or show it at your entry point. All you need to do is carry the valid passport you used when filling out the application.
Australia ETA (subclass 601) Sample
If you’re from any of the 8 eligible countries, see the Australia ETA sample below to get more information on how this entry permit looks like!
Australia eVisitor (subclass 651) Sample
Here is the Australia eVisitor sample for anyone interested in how this entry permit looks like! Make sure to have your valid passport ready and apply online to receive the following document once it’s approved:
No matter if you apply for ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) or the eVisitor visa to Australia, all you need to complete the application process is a passport.
Please note! Applicant's passport must stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of entry to Australia.
Australian online visa links directly to your passport; thus, it's essential to check if your passport will stay valid for the whole duration of your trip.
- passport holders wishing to travel to Australia must make an online application at least 3 business days before their travel
- there are two online Australian visa types: ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) and eVisitor visa dedicated to different countries
- applications get approved within a few days
- Australia eVisa holders can travel to Australia for tourism and business purposes
- make sure that you have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months before making your eVisitor or ETA application online
- our support team is available via email and phone to help you at any step of the online application process
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application processThere are three easy steps to get your visa to Australia online. Any issues during the application process can be addressed by contacting our support team
- Qualified team of expertsA qualified team oversees the processing of each and every application
- Guarantee of serviceIf an application is unable to be processed, reimbursement is provided according to the conditions set out by our Terms of Service
FAQ about the Australian eVisa
What is Australia eVisa?
Australia eVisa can be divided into two electronic entry permits that allow its holders to travel there. Applicant's nationality defines the type you're eligible for. ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) and eVisitor visa enable travelers to stay in the country for up to 3 months at a time and travel to Australia numerous times.
Do I need an online visa for Australia?
To check if you need to make an online visa application to enter Australia, see the 'List of eligible countries' section. Fill the application form for an Australian ETA or the eVisitor visa within a few minutes from home.
Do children need an eVisa for Australia?
Yes! All travelers, regardless of age, are obliged to have an Australia eVisa. Australia will deny entry to anyone without a travel online visa, including children. Applications for underage travelers should be made by their parents or guardians.
How much does an Australia eVisa cost?
Australian ETA and eVisitor both cost 49 Euro. Applicants may use any of the various online payment methods available on our website. You can use your credit card, debit card, PayPal, or any other secure payment method.
What documents do I need for Australia eVisa?
To apply for an eVisa to Australia, applicants must have a valid passport and be citizens of one of the eligible countries. The electronic visa requirements could not be more straightforward, and the whole process can be completed online within a few minutes!
How to apply for an Australia visa online?
To apply online for the Australia tourist visa, first, prepare your passport. Choose your travel purpose and fill the application form with your data, passport, and travel information. Then, make an online payment, which is 49 Euro for both ETA and eVisitor visa to Australia.
How will I receive Australia eVisa?
eVisitor and ETA system make your travel effortless. Immediately after the electronic visa approval, your entry permit to Australia arrives at the email address provided while applying. Australian eVisa is delivered in a PDF form.
Do I need to print Australia eVisa?
No, Australian online visas do not need to be printed and taken on your travel because both entry permits link directly to the applican't travel document. Take your passport on your travel and show it to the customs officials so that they can check if you have an ETA or eVisitor.
How long does it take to get Australia eVisa?
In many cases, Australian ETA and eVisitor are issued in less than one day after submitting the visa application online. The approval process takes a maximum of 3 business days. Make sure to check the online form for errors to avoid delays with approval.
How long can I stay in Australia with an eVisa?
Australian tourist and business visa (regardless if it's ETA or eVisitor) allow its holders to stay in the country for up to 90 days (3 months) at a time.
How long is an eVisa for Australia good for?
Both Australian online visas stay valid for one year (12 months) from the date of issue. Both travel documents enable multiple entries to Australia. Whether you choose a tourist or a business purpose, the validity period is one year long.
Can I apply online for an Australia visa twice?
Of course, you can apply online for a visa twice if you are going on two separate trips, leaving the country in between trips. However, the Australian government's requirements state that all applicants for an eVisa must be outside of Australia at the time of application.
Can I get an electronic visa on arrival in Australia?
There is no possibility of obtaining an Australian eVisa at the airport upon arrival. No matter what your travel's purpose is, whether tourist or business, you need to handle your permit a few days in advance of visiting Australia.
What can I do if my Australia eVisa is denied?
If your eVisa doesn't get approved, contact our support team for more information. We are available to all travelers via email and phone to help you with the application process and online visa processing issues.
How can I obtain a visa for work, study, permanent residence, or other similar purposes?
You will need to book a consultation with a registered Australian Migration Officer. Choose your traveling purpose and schedule an appointment when filling out an online application form. During a 45-minute online session, you will receive all instructions on obtaining an Australian visa that best matches your traveling needs, including a Working Holiday Visa and other types of work visas.
Three easy steps to get your Electronic Visa
- Apply onlineFill out basic information on your citizenship and purpose for travel
- Fill out remaining required information and make online paymentWe accept both credit and debit cards and other convenient methods of payment.
- Check your emailOnce your payment is confirmed, the online visa will be sent to the email address you provided in your application