Australia eVisa Online
eVisa Australia: Basic Information
Australian electronic visa system can be divided into two types. There is an ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) permit which is dedicated to citizens from 8 stipulated countries; see the 'List of eligible countries' section to find out who can apply for AUstralian ETA subclass 601.
The second visa that can be obtained to travel to Australia is the eVisitor visa subclass 651 that is designed for citizens of all European countries.
All visitors must obtain a valid visa to enter Australia. The Australian visa application must be submitted online, and it costs 49 EUR for both Australia visa types.
Both entry permits stay valid for 12 months and allow numerous visits to Australia. The only difference is the countries to which the particular visa type is dedicated to.
Australia eVisa types
Australia offers two electronic visa types for all passport holders from the eligible countries, and these are the following:
ETA (subclass 601)
Australia ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) is a multiple-entry visa that stays valid for one year (12 months) and allows its holders to visit Australia numerous times. Each visit can be as long as 3 months (90 days) at a time.
ETA can be issued for the following purposes:
- tourism: all kinds of recreational activities are allowed with ETA to Australia. Visit your friends and family members, go on vacation, explore Australian tourist destinations, or simply relax on your getaway.
- business: business ETA makes it possible for all Australia visitors to take care of their business affairs, negotiate any cooperations, look for business opportunities, or participate in a conference.
eVisitor visa (subclass 651)
eVisitor visa is an e-Visa to Australia dedicated to citizens coming from all European countries. It serves as a multiple-entry visa valid for one year. Travelers from the European countries can travel to Australia many times with each stay being as long as 3 months at a time.
Use your eVisitor visa to Australia for:
- tourism: suitable for family visits, or seeing your friends, any leisure activities, traveling within Australia, exploring the country, or going on vacation.
- business: take part in training, attend a business meeting or a conference, arrange any future cooperations, or visit your business partners in Australia.
List of eligible countries
Citizens of the following countries may apply online for the Australian ETA (Electronic Travel Authority):
- Brunei - Darussalam
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- the United States
To apply for the eVisitor visa, you must be a citizen from one of the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- Korea, South
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
Should your country not be listed above, you will need to apply for a standard embassy visa.
Australia eVisa application form
The application process is the same no matter which Australia visa type you're eligible for. The only document you will need is your valid passport.
Please note! Make sure to provide your data in the application form correctly, as you won't need to attach a photo of your passport.
Visit our website using any working device; it can be your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet, and start the application process.
Use the panel on the left side of this page to choose the purpose of your travel (tourism or business). Then select your nationality.
- Click 'Apply online' and fill out the application form. You will need your passport details and a valid email address to complete it.
- Make an online payment by choosing any of the several secure payment methods available and pay the 49 Euro Australia visa fee.
- Wait for your approved e-Visa to Australia to arrive at your email address in a PDF form.
Usually, the whole process takes a maximum of 3 business days (72 hours), but very often, applications get approved on the same day.
Please remember that the entire visa process and the processing time are at the Australian Immigration Service's discretion.
Visa Australia validity period
Australia ETA and the eVisitor visa are multiple-entry permits that both stay effective for one year (12 months) from the issue date.
Please note that ETA and eVisitor are connected to the traveler's passport. Whenever your passport expires, should you change any data on it or lose this document, the Australian visa becomes invalid.
Australian eVisa holders may travel to Australia numerous times within the one-year validity period. Each visit can be as long as 3 months (90 days) at a time.
If you wish to return, you must leave Australia for a minimum of 3 days. After that, you are allowed to return to Australia for another 3 months (if those 3 months fall within your eVisa's validity period).
Australia eVisa is obligatory for anyone who needs to transit through Australia, no matter how long you'll be staying in the country.
Apply online at least 3 business days in advance of your travel using any working device!
Requirements on Arrival
You will receive your approved e-Visa via email in a PDF form.
Australian eVisa automatically assigns to your passport number, so there is no need to print the document or show it at your entry point. All you need to do is carry the valid passport you used when filling out the application.
Australia ETA (subclass 601) Sample
Australia eVisitor (subclass 651) Sample
No matter if you apply for ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) or the eVisitor visa to Australia, all you need to complete the application process is a passport.
Please note! Applicant's passport must stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of entry to Australia.
Australia visa links directly to your passport; thus, it's essential to check if your passport will stay valid for the whole duration of your trip.
- passport holders wishing to travel to Australia must make an online application at least 3 business days before their travel
- there are two Australian visa types: ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) and eVisitor visa dedicated to different countries
- applications get approved within a maximum of 72 hours (3 business days)
- Australia e-Visa holders can travel to Australia for tourism and business purposes
- make sure that you have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months before making your eVisitor or ETA application online
- our support team is available via email and phone to help you at any step of the online application process
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Australia visa
- What is Australia eVisa?
Australia e-Visa can be divided into two electronic visas that allow its holders to enter Australia. Applicant's nationality defines the visa type you're eligible for. ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) and eVisitor visa enable travelers to stay in Australia for up to 3 months at a time and travel to Australia numerous times.
- Do I need a visa for Australia?
To check if you need to make a visa application to enter Australia, see the 'List of eligible countries' section. Make an online application for an Australian ETA or the eVisitor visa within a few minutes from home.
- Do children need an eVisa for Australia?
Yes! All travelers to Australia, regardless of age, are obliged to have an Australia e-Visa. Australia will deny entry to anyone without a travel visa, including children. Applications for underage travelers should be made by their parents or guardians.
- How much does an Australia eVisa cost?
Australian ETA and eVisitor both cost 49 Euro. Applicants may use any of the various online payment methods available on our website. You can use your credit card, debit card, PayPal, or any other secure payment method.
- What documents do I need for Australia eVisa?
To apply for an e-Visa to Australia, applicants must have a passport and be citizens of one of the eligible countries. The visa requirements could not be more straightforward, and the whole process can be completed online within a few minutes!
- How to apply for an Australia visa?
To apply online for the Australia tourist visa, first, prepare your passport. Choose your travel purpose and fill the application form with your data, passport, and travel information. Then, make an online payment, which is 49 Euro for both ETA and visitor visa to Australia.
- How will I receive Australia eVisa?
eVisitor and ETA system make your travel effortless. Immediately after the visa approval, your entry permit to Australia arrives at the email address provided while applying. Australian e-Visa is delivered in a PDF form.
- Do I need to print Australia eVisa?
No, Australian visas do not need to be printed and taken on your travel because both entry permits link directly to the applican't travel document. Take your passport on your travel and show it to the customs officials so that they can check your Australian visa.
- How long does it take to get Australia eVisa?
In many cases, Australian ETA and eVisitor are issued less than one day after submitting the visa application. The approval process takes a maximum of 3 business days.
- How long can I stay in Australia with an eVisa?
Australian tourist visa and business visa (regardless if it's ETA or eVisitor) allow its holders to stay in the country for up to 90 days (3 months) at a time.
- How long is an e-Visa for Australia good for?
Both Australian visas stay valid for one year (12 months) from the date of issue. Australian visas serve as permits enabling multiple entries to Australia. Whether you choose a tourist or a business purpose, the validity period is one year long.
- Can I apply for an Australia visa twice?
Of course, you can apply for a visa to Australia twice if you are going on two separate trips, leaving Australia in between trips. However, the Australian government's requirements state that all applicants for an Australian visa must be outside of Australia at the time of application.
- Can I get a visa on arrival in Australia?
There is no possibility of obtaining an Australian e-Visa at the airport upon arrival. No matter what your travel's purpose is, whether tourist or business, you need to handle your permit a few days in advance of visiting Australia.
- What can I do if my Australia e-Visa is denied?
If your e-Visa doesn't get approved, contact our support team for more information. We are available to all travelers via email and phone to help you with the application process and visa processing issues.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email