Australian Visa for US Citizens
Australia e-Visa was introduced in 2008 with the aim to facilitate the process of obtaining a visa. Travelers from several countries are eligible for an electronic visa to Australia that simply functions as an online equivalent to a regular visa. The only difference is that an applicant no longer needs to visit the Embassy in person and go through long-lasting interviews.
There are two kinds of visa permits to have to enter Australia that we can distinguish:
- eVisitor: for all European countries
- ETA (Electronic Travel Authority): designated for citizens of Brunei-Darussalam, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, the United States, and Malaysia
Australian ETA for US citizens costs just 49 Euro, and the application may be filed online using any working device with an internet connection.
ETA holders can use it for business, tourism, or tranist purposes throughout 12 months as it is the time for which ETA remains valid. Moreover, the Australian Electronic Travel Authority allows numerous entries to the country, each of which can last up to 3 months.
Australian ETA validity and processing time for US citizens
An electronic visa permit for Australia can be issued for tourism or business purposes. US citizens can visit Australian friends and family, explore the country as a tourist, go on a holiday, or attend a business meeting or conference.
Australian e-Visa enables the United States citizens to visit Australia numerous times within the validity period. eVisitor and ETA permits are valid for one year from the issuing date.
It is a multiple-entry visa; however, each stay cannot exceed three months (90 days) at a time.
The processing time can take up to 72 hours. Most applications are approved within 19 hours when using our services.
With just a few visa requirements met, your visa permit to Australia can be at your hands within hours!
Visa requirements for US citizens
Requirements for US citizens are elementary. Before applying, please make sure that you have:
- a valid passport: that has to be valid throughout your whole stay in Australia. Once your passport expires, so does your e-Visa permit.
- an active e-mail address: onto which you will receive the PDF version of the electronic visa to Australia. Make sure to put the correct one while applying to have access to your e-Visa permit once it's approved.
e-Visa to Australia assigns directly to your passport. There is no need to print it out. Carry your valid passport and show it to the customs officers upon arrival. We recommend having an extra e-Visa copy on your mobile device, just in case.
Online application guide for US citizens
US citizens are eligible to apply online for an ETA permit. This Australian visa is easily obtainable online. There is no need to visit the Australian embassy and wait in the long embassy queues.
If you meet all of the requirements described above and you are a US citizen, start your application process by:
- Filling out an online application form. Provide your data, passport details, e-mail address, and the purpose of your travel to Australia. Make sure to put all of the necessary information correctly to avoid issues with approval or delays.
- Making the payment. Pay the handling visa fees using any of the online payment methods available.
- Checking your inbox. Once your payment is registered, e-Visa arrives in your e-mail box in a PDF version. Australian ETA links directly to your passport; there is no need to print it out.
99% of the applications are successfully approved when using our services. A qualified team of experts double-checks all the information provided in the application forms to ensure they're correct.
Benefits of using our services
The United States citizens planning to enter Australia with a tourist visa or for business purposes should know that using our services has numerous benefits.
We make visa handling processes more comfortable than ever before. You won't even have to leave your home to apply for an Australian visa permit. The Electronic Travel Authority is easily obtainable. Applying online takes less than 15 minutes. Once e-Visa to Australia is processed, it arrives directly at your e-mail address!
To visit Australia with an Australian ETA from the United States, all you need is a valid passport and an active e-mail address.