Visa for Cambodia
eVisa to Cambodia: Basic Information
It is an official document which provides authorization to travel to and from Cambodia and is electronically linked to your passport. The electronic travel authorization system greatly facilitates the visa application process. It can be used by citizens of countries exempt from the visa requirement.
To travel to Cambodia, all nationalities authorized to apply for an e-visa need to submit an application through the website. All you have to do is to fill out the form and pay by credit card or another accepted payment method. After the process is completed, the visa will be sent to your e-mail address. An e-visa to Cambodia is issued for tourist purposes and costs 79 Euro.
- Types of eVisa
There is only
one type of electronic Visa(eVisa) to Cambodia:
Single entry tourist visa: – it is obtained for tourist purposes, such as: holidays, visiting friends or relatives, etc. In case you want to travel to Cambodia for business purposes, go to the embassy and obtain a regular visa
- List of eligible countries
Citizens from the countries listed below must apply for an eVisa in order to travel to Cambodia:Afghanistan
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
Svalbard and Jan Mayen
Syrian Arab Republic
Tanzania, United Republic of
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Wallis and Futuna
If your country of citizenship is not listed, it is necessary to apply for a standard embassy visa in order to visit Cambodia.
Citizens of the following countries are exempt from visa requirements:
Brunei – for visits of up to 14 days
Indonesia – for visits of up to 30 days
Laos – for visits of up to 30 days
Malaysia – for visits of up to 30 days
Myanmar – for visits of up to 14 days
Philippines – for visits of up to 21 days
Singapore – for visits of up to 30 days
Thailand – for visits of up to 14 days
Vietnam – for visits of up to 30 days
- eVisa to Cambodia Application Form
To obtain a visa to Cambodia, you must submit a simple application online. To do this, simply complete the form providing your passport details and home address. In this application, you are also required to complete the information about the date of arrival in Cambodia (airport or land port) where you actually start your journey. If you do not know the exact date of your entry to Cambodia, you can provide the approximate time of arrival. In this case, the e-visa will be valid for 3 months from the date of issue, so a very accurate date of your travel is not required.
When it comes to the type of entry, it is important that the airport or border crossing supports the electronic travel authorization system (the list of accepted airports can be found below). After completing the required data, you will be asked to attach a photo and biometric copy of the passport page to the application. After sending the application, you will receive an e-mail confirmation of the submission of the application with information about the estimated time of processing the e-visa. The entire visa procedure usually takes 72 hours. The final result of your application will be sent to the e-mail address you provided. After receiving the e-visa, you only need to print it and take it with you to the airport or border crossing.
If you are ready to complete the application, use the panel on the left. Then choose the type of travel (tourism) and enter your citizenship (the one you have in your passport). Finally, click "Apply online" and start filling out the form.
- eVisa Validity Period
E-visa to Cambodia is issued only for tourist purposes and allows a 30-day stay in Cambodia. It is valid for 90 days from the date of issue and authorizes one-time entry into the country. This means that the visa must be used within 90 days of the document being issued. You are allowed to enter Cambodia even on the last day of your visa validity and stay there for up to 30 days.
- eVisa Transit Information
When it comes to transit through Cambodia, it is also required to apply for a tourist e-visa - there is no separate visa needed only for transit purposes. The possibility of applying for an e-visa applies only to citizens of countries that are covered by visa-free travel. The list of these countries is available here. If the country is not listed above, the citizen must go to the embassy to obtain a regular visa.
- Requirements on Arrival
The documents we need when we start our trip to Cambodia are a printed e-visa and a valid passport. We must have both documents in physical form because they will be verified by customs officials on arrival in Cambodia. In addition, you will receive a stamp confirming your entry to Cambodia.
- Ports accepting e-visas
Not all airports and ports in Cambodia support electronic visas. Therefore, to make sure that your e-visa will be accepted, please choose one of the ports below:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanouk International Airport
Border crossing points:
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province) (from Thailand)
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) (from Thailand)
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) (from Vietnam)
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang) (from Laos)
The above ports only apply to enter Cambodia; departure can take place from any airport or border crossing.
If traveling by sea, you will need to apply for a regular visa at the embassy. E-visas are not supported at seaports in Cambodia.
Citizens of eligible countries must provide:
- Copy of biometric passport page - may be black and white
- Photo of the applicant
- The e-visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue of the document. The visa expiry date determines the time when we can enter the territory of Cambodia. This means that it is possible to enter the country even on the last day of the validity of the e-visa.
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Cambodia
- In the event of a change in the passport or its expiry, it is necessary to apply for a new e-visa. The visa is assigned directly to the passport number, therefore it is not possible to use the document with another or new passport.
- You are not allowed to work on the basis of an e-visa. To do this, you need a different type of visa and a visit embassy.
- An e-visa is not valid when entering Cambodia by sea
- Extending your stay is only possible on arrival in Cambodia.
- The process of applying for an e-visa takes a maximum of 72 hours.
- It is not possible to obtain an electronic business visa. An e-visa is issued only for tourist purposes.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email