Cambodia eVisa for South African Citizens
eVisa for Cambodia is quite a recent electronic alternative to a regular visa. Nowadays, South African citizens, as one of the eligible nations, can save plenty of their time and energy by applying online for an electronic visa to Cambodia. Online application equals no embassy visits, stressful interviews, and long weeks of waiting for approval.
Cambodian eVisa has only one type, which functions as a travel and entry permit for those who want to go for holidays, visit family and friends, explore Cambodia as tourists, or simply go through the country when heading to their final destination.
The application takes a couple of minutes, while the approved eVisa is delivered to the email address provided in the online form maximally within 3 business days.
Don't wait too long, and apply in advance to enjoy your eVisa on time and avoid unnecessary stress before your trip!
How to apply for a Cambodia eVisa from South Africa?
You will need an electronic device, an Internet connection, and about 15 minutes to go through a short and simple application form.
Go to the left panel, choose 'Tourism' as the purpose of your trip, and click the 'Apply Online' button. There are only 3 steps to complete your application:
- Enter your personal and passport details, travel information, incl. approximate entry and exit date and chosen boarding point accepting electronic visas. Double-check your form and make sure it is free of errors and move to the next step.
- Upload the legible picture of the bio-data page of your South African passport and the photo of your face. Pictures taken with a smartphone or web camera are acceptable.
- Choose one of the available payment methods and pay an eVisa fee (99 Euro).
Cambodia eVisa processing time and fees for South African citizens
72 business hours - it's the standard time needed to process your eVisa. What's more, our applicants can very often enjoy Cambodia visa approval much earlier - 18 business hours - this is the average processing time of Cambodia visa requests.
Don't forget to check your inbox from time to time. Maybe your eVisa is already there!
CAMBODIA eVISA FEE
Citizens of South Africa need to cover the fee for eVisa to Cambodia, which is 99 Euro.
After making a payment, you should check if you have received the confirmation number necessary to follow the progress in the processing of your eVisa!
How long can citizens of South Africa stay in Cambodia with eVisa?
Cambodia visa is issued for 90 days. Its validity starts from the day of its issuance. Holders of eVisa can enter Cambodia any time, even on the last day before its expiration, and stay there for up to 1 month.
It's possible to prolong your eVisa only upon entry to Cambodiawith the assistance of its government and immigration authorities.
Cambodia eVisa requirements for citizens of South Africa
When filling out the online form, South African citizens need to attach the following:
- a bio-data page of an applicant's valid passport;
- an applicant's face photo (phone or PC camera photos are acceptable; don't worry about the size of the photograph - our consultants will adjust it to the Cambodian requirements).
- South Africans are obliged to submit a valid passport and a printed copy of eVisa when entering Cambodia through one of the boarding points recognizing electronic visas.
- Any seaport, and not all the airports and land crossing points accept eVisas.
- The South African passport holders must check if their passports will stay valid for at least 6 months from the intended entry date to Cambodia.
- A passport's expiration or any change of its data will automatically make the eVisa invalid. You will then have to submit a new eVisa application.
- Cambodian eVisa functions neither as a work permit nor a permit for conducting business activity on the Cambodian territory. For such purposes, you will need to contact the nearest Embassy to arrange a regular visa.
- South African citizens traveling with kids need to remember to apply for a separate eVisa for every underage travel companion.
Is it safe to use Evisa Express to get an eVisa to Cambodia?
By submitting your application for a Cambodia visa via Evisa Express, you will get a visa approved directly by the Cambodian government and the country's immigration authorities. This electronic permit is recognized on equal terms as a regular visa but is way much easier to obtain.
Apply with us and gain the following benefits:
- professional assistance of our visa experts' team during the whole 3-step application process
- simple requirements and only electronic device and Internet connection needed to fill out the electronic form
- eVisa delivered straight to your e-mail address in a PDF file
- wide range of safe methods of online payment
- an 18-hour average processing time
- a 99% application approval rate
- no visits to the Embassy