Laos Visa Application Online
Laos eVisa: Basic information
Laos visa can now be obtained in an electronic form! All you have to do to get this document is complete an online visa application process. Applying should take you just a few minutes and the approved eVisa will arrive directly at your email address in the form of a PDF file.
Check if your country is listed as eligible and apply online to visit Laos soon! The processing time takes up to 3 business days (72 hours), so make sure to submit your application in advance.
The Laos online visa can be used for all tourism-related purposes and allows its holders to stay in the country for 30 days.
Get yours in just 3 days for 99 Euro. Whatsmore, there are various online payment methods to choose from for all applicants using our website.
Make sure to read on to learn more about the requirements to meet, the application process, and more!
There is only one online Laos visa type available to all eligible travelers. The electronic tourist visa is a single-entry permit that can be used for tourism purposes, such as visiting your friends/family, going on vacation, or exploring Laos tourist destinations.
A single-entry eVisa to Laos enables its holders to stay in the country for 30 days and has a two-month validity (60 days) from the date of its approval.
Apply online using any working device, print the processed document, and take the approved online visa on your Laos travel along with your valid passport.
Citizens from the countries listed below are eligible to apply for an electronic visa to Laos:Andorra
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Hong Kong (SAR)
Korea, North (DPR)
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
On the selected port of entry, your passport will be stamped and your fingerprints will be taken by the government customs.
To get your online Laos visa quickly and without any issues, prepare the necessary documents before starting the application process; see the 'Required Documents' section for more information.
Now choose the purpose of your travel using the panel on the left-hand side and click the 'Apply Online' button to start the application process. Then, follow these steps:
- Provide your data, passport details, email address, and other necessary information in the online visa application form. Attach the supporting documents and move on to the next step.
- Make the payment by choosing any of the several online payment methods available when using our services. Cover the Laos eVisa fee (99 Euro) and check your email box. Immediately after your payment is registered, you will receive a unique confirmation number.
- Lastly, within 72 hours, the online Laos visa will arrive at your email address in PDF form. Print it out and take it with you on your trip.
Please note! The final processing time lies with the government of Laos and may elongate if necessary. Always double-check if the provided information is correct to avoid delays or issues with approval.
All travelers who have the approved online visa can enter Laos for 30 days. eVisa stays valid for 60 days (two months) from the date of issue.
Make your Laos travel happen within the two-month validity period and stay in the country for even 30 days!
Please remember that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival. Any changes to your passport details, losing this document, or it's expiry lead to eVisa becoming invalid.
Electronic Laos visas are also obligatory upon transiting through the country on your way somewhere else. Everyone who wants to enter Laos to travel to another country must have an eVisa handled in advance.
The Laos government is currently not issuing a separate transit online visa for such purpose; thus, apply for the single-entry tourist one.
To cross the Laos border without any issues, make sure that you have prepared the following documents:
- a valid passport (that will not expire for a minimum of 6 months)
- a printed eVisa to Laos copy
The customs officials will check if you have the above-listed documents, stamp your passport, and take your fingerprints.
Every traveler crossing the Laos border with an eVisa must use one of the following ports of entry:
- Wattay International Airport (Vientiane Capital)
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I (Vientiane Capital)
- Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang Province)
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II (Savanakhet Province)
- Pakse International Airport (Champasack Province)
Plan your trip in such a way to cross the border using one of these entry points to ensure that you will cross the Laos border free of any problems!
See the Laos eVisa sample below to get further information on how the approved entry permit will look like once it’s delivered!
To have a successfully approved eVisa, each traveler needs to attach the following documents to their application form:
- a photo of your valid passport's bio-data page
- applicant's face photograph (that can be easily taken using a phone or a PC camera)
Check if your country is listed as eligible in the 'List of eligible countries' section. Citizens of the eligible countries who meet the requirements may start the application process.
Make sure you put all of the necessary data correctly and that your documents are valid before submitting your application.
- everyone who enters the territory of Laos must have a separate online visa
- Laos eVisa does not serve as a working permit
- eVisa holders need enter Laos using one of the listed border crossing points
- the processing time may take up to 72 hours (3 business days)
- online tourist visas are necessary to have upon transiting through Laos
- applicants' passports must stay valid for at least 6 months from entering Laos
- each application is thoroughly checked to ensure it's free from any mistakes to guarantee a positive approval
- eVisa to Laos serves only for tourism purposes; business activities are not allowed
- children's parents/guardians should make an electronic visa application for the underage travelers going to Laos
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process Complete
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Laos eVisa
- What is the Laos eVisa?
Laos eVisa is an electronic document introduced by the country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs to facilitate traveling. Electronic visas serve for tourism and allow making family/friends visits, exploring the country's tourist destinations, or going on vacation. Each traveler may apply online in just a few minutes from home and receive the approved eVisa onto their email box.
- Do I need an online visa for Laos?
Citizens from over a hundred countries need an online visa to Laos. Check the listed as eligible countries and find out if you can apply online. Traveling to Laos has never been this easy!
- What documents do I need for the Laos eVisa?
There are two essential documents to attach to the application form for citizens of the eligible countries. Applicants need to have a valid passport and their face photo. Please note! The applicant's face photo can be taken with a phone or a PC camera. If you meet these entry requirements, apply online whenever you want!
- How to apply for the Laos visa online?
All passports holders who have a recent digital photo of themselves may apply online. To complete the application process, fill the online form with your data and attach the supporting documents. Cover the online Laos visa fee (99 Euro) and check your email box for confirmation number. Now, just wait for your entry permit to be delivered!
- How will I receive the Laos eVisa?
The Laos online visa will be delivered to your email address provided in the application form. The electronic visas arrive in PDF version, which then needs to be printed out and taken on the travel along with a valid passport. Make sure to choose the border crossing from one of the listed earlier entry points and go visit Laos!
- How long does it take to get the online Laos visa?
Citizens of the eligible countries that applied with a valid passport and provided their data correctly should receive their online visa within 72 hours (3 business days). The final processing time rests with the Laos government and may elongate if necessary.
- How long is an eVisa for Laos good for?
eVisa for Laos stays valid for 60 days (two months) starting from the date of issue. Please note! Your passport must not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival. Any changes to your passport data, losing this document, or it's expiry lead to electronic visa invalidity.
- How long can I stay in Laos with an online visa?
All online visa holders can stay in Laos for 30 days. eVisa serves as a single-entry permit and remains valid for 60 days (two months). Please note! The online Laos visa can only be used for tourism purposes. You can travel for the purposes of family visits, going on vacation, exploring the country tourist destinations, etc.
- Do children need an eVisa for Laos?
Every traveler wishing to cross the Laos border needs a separate online visa. eVisa applications for all underage travelers need to be submitted by their parents/guardians.
- Do UK citizens need an online visa for Laos?
Yes. All UK citizens need online visas to travel to Laos. Apply for your eVisa online, spare a few minutes, and complete the form using any working device with an internet connection. All UK citizens can use their phone, laptop, PC, or any other device to submit the form.
- Can I extend my stay in Laos with an eVisa?
eVisa to Laos may be extended at an additional cost. Contact the Immigration Department on your travel before your online visa expires.
- What can I do if my Laos eVisa is denied?
First, check if all the information provided in the form while applying was correct. See if you've attached the required documents (e.g., the bio-data passport page). If everything was correct, please contact our support team to resolve the issue.
- Can you get an online Laos visa on arrival?
It is possible to obtain the online Laos visa on arrival for all citizens of the eligible countries while on their travel. However, it is far more secure and easy to handle your eVisa online in advance. Avoid the long lines and stressful situations and apply with Evisa Express assistance. Our support team is available to you on each step of the application process.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email