Visa to Laos
eVisa to Laos: Basic Information
An eVisa is an electronic document that allows you to enter Laos. The electronic visa system is available to citizens of visa-exempt countries.
This means that anyone with a passport issued by one of the eligible countries can apply for an eVisa by completing an online application form. The entire process can be done online so you don’t have to visit the embassy.
The price for issuing an eVisa is 99 Euro.
- Types of eVisa's
There is one type of eVisa that can be acquired electronically.
Single entry eVisa entitles your stay on the country territory in tourism purposes such as holidaying, friends or relatives visiting etc.
- List of eligible countries
To enter Laos with an eVisa you have to be a passport holder of one of the mentioned countries:Andorra
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Hong Kong (SAR)
Korea, North (DPR)
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
On the selected port of entry, your passport will be stamped and your fingerprints will be taken by the government customs.
- eVisa Laos application form
Complete the application by using the panel on the left. Choose the purpose of your stay and the nationality that is noted on your passport from the available. Click "Apply online" to fill out your application form.
The final decision and processing time are dependable on the government of Laos, however, it usually takes up to 3 working days (72h).
Approved eVisa will be provided to you through the email address given in the application form. After you receive the email you have to print the document out and present it to the customs officials at the airport upon arrival in Laos.
- eVisa validity period
The document is valid for 60 days after the approval, which means that your entry has to take place within the mentioned period. An eVisa to Laos entitles your stay on the country territory for a period of maximum 30 days.
ATTENTION Your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months after your planned arrival to Laos.
- Transit visa information
Anyone who intends to cross the border of Laos in transit purpose is obliged to get a tourist eVisa in advance.
The government of Laos does not predict any other electronic authorisation for transit purposes.
- Requirements on arrival
Two documents - a valid passport & an approved eVisa - are expected to be presented to the customs officials at the airport in Laos in verification purposes. A physical form, of the mentioned, will be required.
- Ports of entry
You are obliged to choose one from the enlisted:
- Wattay International Airport (Vientiane Capital)
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I (Vientiane Capital)
- Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang Province)
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II (Savanakhet Province)
- Pakse International Airport (Champasack Province)
Every application has to be matched with the following documents:
- Passport's biodata page
- Passport cover page
- A photograph of an applicant- it doesn't have to be a professional photograph.
- The processing time usually takes up to 72 h (3 working days).
- A separate application has to be submitted by anyone who wishes to enter the country territory.
- Granted eVisa is valid only at the selected border crossings.
- An eVisa does not authorize any labour activity.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email