Laos eVisa: Basic information
Laos visa can be obtained in an electronic form. All you have to do to get an eVisa to Laos is complete an online visa application process. Applying should take you just a few minutes. eVisa arrives at the e-mail address provided by the applicant.
Check if your country is listed as eligible and apply online to visit Laos. The processing time takes up to 3 business days (72 hours) to complete. Laos visa can be used for all tourism-related purposes. All eVisa holders can enter Laos for 30 days.
Laos eVisa fee is available to all travelers for 99 Euro. There are various online payment methods to choose from for all travelers applying using our website.
- Laos eVisa types
There is only one Laos visa type available to all eligible travelers. The electronic tourist visa is a single-entry visa permit that can be used for tourism purposes, such as visiting your friends/family, going on a holiday, exploring the Laos tourist destinations.
A single-entry visa to Laos enables its holders to stay in Laos for 30 days, and it is valid for two months (60 days) from the date of visa approval.
Check the visa type and take the printed visa on your Laos travel along with your valid passport.
- List of eligible countries
Citizens from the countries listed below are eligible to apply for an electronic visa permit to visit Laos:Andorra
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Hong Kong (SAR)
Korea, North (DPR)
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
On the selected port of entry, your passport will be stamped and your fingerprints will be taken by the government customs.
- Laos eVisa application form
To obtain your visa permit quickly and without any issues, prepare the necessary documents before starting the visa application process; see the 'Visa Requirements' section.
Choose your travel's purpose using the panel on the left-hand side and click the 'Apply Online' button to start the application process.
- Provide your data, passport details, e-mail address, and other necessary information in the visa application form. Attach the supporting documents and move on to the next step.
- Make the payment by choosing any of the several methods of online payment available when using our services. Pay the visa fee (99 Euro) and check your e-mail box. Immediately after your payment is registered, you will receive a unique visa confirmation number.
- Lastly, within 72 hours, eVisa to Laos will arrive at your e-mail address in a PDF form. Print it out and take it with you on your travel to Laos.
Please note! The final processing time lies with the government of Laos and may elongate if necessary. Always double-check the provided information to avoid delays or issues with approval.
- Laos eVisa validity period
All passport holders who have the Laos visa can enter Laos for 30 days. eVisa for Laos is valid for 60 days (two months) from the date of issue.
Make your Laos travel happen within the two-month validity period and visit Laos for even 30 days!
Please remember that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the planned entry to Laos date. Any changes to your passport details, losing this document, or it's expiry lead to eVisa becoming invalid.
- Transit information
Tourist visas to Laos in an electronic form are also obligatory to have upon transiting through the country on your way somewhere else. Everyone who wants to enter Laos to travel to another country must have an eVisa for Laos permit handled in advance.
Laos government is currently not issuing a separate transit visa for such purpose.
- Requirements on arrival
Citizens of the eligible for an eVisa to Laos countries need to have the following documents upon arrival on their Laos travel:
- a valid passport
- a printed eVisa to Laos copy
- Ports of entry
Every traveler crossing the Laos border with an eVisa must use one of the following ports of entry to Laos:
- Wattay International Airport (Vientiane Capital)
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I (Vientiane Capital)
- Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang Province)
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II (Savanakhet Province)
- Pakse International Airport (Champasack Province)
Plan your trip in such a way to cross the border using one of these points to ensure entrance into Laos free of any problems!
For your application to be successfully approved, each applicant needs to attach the following documents to their application form:
- a legible scan of the bio-data page of your valid passport
- applicant's photograph (that meets passport photo standards)
Check if your country is listed as eligible in the 'List of eligible countries' section. Citizens of the eligible countries who meet the visa requirements may start the application process. Ensure you put all of the necessary data correctly and that your documents are valid before submitting your application.
- Everyone who enters the territory of Laos must have a separate Laos visa
- Laos eVisa does not serve as a working permit
- eVisa holders need to cross the Laos border using one of the listed border crossing points
- The processing time may take up to 72 hours (3 business days)
- Tourist visas are necessary to have upon transiting through Laos
- Applicants passports must be valid for at least 6 months from entering Laos
- Each application is thoroughly checked to ensure it's free from any mistakes to guarantee a positive visa approval
- eVisa to Laos serves only for tourism purposes; this is not a business visa
- Children's parents/guardians should make an application for the underage travelers coming to Laos with them
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about Laos eVisa
- What is the Laos e-Visa?
Laos eVisa is an electronic visa introduced by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Laos to facilitate the visa handling processes. Electronic visas are not business visas; they serve for tourism-related visits in Laos. Each traveler may apply online in just a few minutes from home and receive their visa permit onto their e-mail box.
- Do I need a visa to Laos?
Citizens from over a hundred countries need a visa to Laos. Check the listed countries in the 'List of eligible countries' and see if you can apply online from home. Laos travel has never been easier for all eligible citizens.
- What documents do I need for Laos e-Visa?
There are two essential documents to attach to the application form for citizens of the eligible countries. Applicants need to have a valid passport and a passport-like photograph. If you meet these entry requirements, apply online using this website.
- How to apply for eVisa to Laos?
All passports holders who have a recent photograph of themselves may apply online. Fill an application form with your data, any other necessary details, and attach the additional documents. Pay the visa fee (99 Euro) and check your e-mail address for the Laos visa confirmation number. Within a maximum of 72 hours, a Laos visa in a PDF version will arrive at your inbox.
- How will I receive Laos eVisa?
Laos visa will be delivered to all applicants at the e-mail address they have provided in the application form. Visas arrive in a PDF version, which then needs to be printed out and taken on the travel along with a valid passport. Make sure to choose the border crossing from one of the listed earlier entry points.
- How long does it take to get Laos e-Visa?
Citizens of the eligible countries that applied with a valid passport and provided their data correctly should receive their visa permit within 72 hours (3 business days). The final processing time rests with the Laos government and may elongate if necessary.
- How long is an e-Visa for Laos good for?
eVisa for Laos is valid for 60 days (two months) starting from the date of visa issue. Please note! Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the planned entry to Laos date. Any changes to your passport data, losing this document, or it's expiry lead to visa invalidity.
- How long can I stay in Laos with an e-Visa?
All electronic visa holders can stay in Laos for 30 days. eVisa to Laos serves as a single-entry visa and remains valid for 60 days (two months). Please note! Laos visa can only be used for tourism purposes. eVisa holders can travel to cross the Laos border for the purposes of family visits, going on a holiday, exploring the country tourist destinations, etc.
- Do children need an e-Visa for Laos?
Every traveler wishing to cross the Laos border needs a separate visa to Laos permit. Visas applications for all underage travelers need to be submitted by their parents/guardians.
- Do UK citizens need a visa for Laos?
Yes. All UK citizens need visas to travel to Laos. Apply for your visa permit online, spare a few minutes, and complete the form using any working device with an internet connection. All UK citizens can use their phone, laptop, PC, or any other device to apply online.
- Can I extend my stay in Laos with my e-Visa?
eVisa to Laos may be extended at an additional cost. Contact the Immigration Department on your travel to Laos before your visa expiry.
- What can I do if my Laos e-Visa is denied?
Check if all the information provided in the form while applying was correct. See if you've attached the required documents (e.g., the bio-data passport pages). If everything was correct, contact our support team to resolve the issue. In case your visa application would fail to be approved, we grant reimbursement.
- Can you get a Laos visa on arrival?
It is possible to obtain the Laos visa on arrival for all citizens of the eligible countries while on their Laos travel. However, it is far more secure and easy to handle your visa online in advance. Avoid the long queues and stressful situations and apply online with Evisa Express assistance. Our support team is available to you on each step of applying.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email