Myanmar eVisa Application
Myanmar eVisa: Basic information
Myanmar eVisa is an electronic entry permit that enables travelers to visit this Southeast Asian country for up to 28 or even 70 days. Check if your country is listed as eligible to apply for a visa online and receive the approved document within 72 hours!
Fill the online application form with the necessary data, and our professional team will take care of the whole electronic visa obtaining process.
Read on to learn more about the online visa to Myanmar types available and how to submit a successful application.
Applying online will take you just a few minutes and can be done using any working device. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection and your valid passport on hand!
Myanmar eVisa types
To visit Myanmar apply online at least 3 business days in advance of your travel.
Applicants may select one of the following electronic visa types:
- a tourist eVisa: a single-entry permit enabling a 28-day stay in Myanmar for tourism-related purposes. Suitable for going on vacation, making family visits, seeing your friends, or engaging in any kind of recreational activities.
- a business eVisa: is also a single-entry permit that allows its holders to visit Myanmar for up to 70 days. This online visa type can be used for all business-related usage, such as discussing future business cooperations, attending meetings, conferences, or taking part in training.
Should you need any further information regarding the Myanmar eVisa types available, contact our support team via email or phone.
List of eligible countries
See if you can travel to the Republic of the Union of Myanmar with an electronic visa.
Citizens of the following countries may make an online application for the Myanmar eVisa (both types):
- Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Czech Republic
- Korea, North (DPR)
- Korea, South
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply only for the tourist eVisa:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
If your country was not listed above, you need to obtain a regular visa at your closest embassy.
Please note! Several countries may visit Myanmar visa-free provided their visit won't exceed a stipulated length of stay.
Citizens from the following countries can visit Myanmar without an online visa for tourist visits of up to 14 days, provided they will enter and leave the country via either Yangon, Mandalay, or the Naypyidaw International Airport:
For tourism-related visits for up to 30 days:
- Hong Kong SAR
- Macau SAR
Citizens of the above-listed countries may enter and depart via any international border crossing point.
Myanmar eVisa application form
Apply at least 3 business days in advance of your planned arrival in Myanmar. Prepare your valid passport and start the application process by choosing the online visa type you want to use.
Click the 'Apply Online' button and follow this simple three-step process to complete your application:
- Provide your data and passport details in the application form. Applicants must provide their name, surname, birth date, email address, and basic travel information.
- Pay the eVisa fee that differs depending on the selected type (99 or 129 Euro) using any preferred method of online payment.
- Check your email box for the confirmation number. eVisa to Myanmar will arrive within 72 hours (3 business days) at the applicant's email address in PDF form.
Please note! The average processing time when using our services is just 21 hours! Travelers need to spare just a few minutes to submit their application online and receive their entry permits via email.
Both online visas to the Republic of the Union of Myanmar stay valid for 3 months (90 days) from the date of approval. However, the permitted length of stay differs between different eVisa types.
The electronic tourist visa allows its holders to stay in Myanmar for 28 days. In contrast, the online business visa enables travelers to travel for up to 70 days within the validity period.
Please note! Myanmar eVisa serves as a single-entry permit. You can only enter the country once and apply for a new entry permit each time you'd wish to go back.
All travelers who need to transit through this Southeast Asian country to get to their final destination must apply for the Myanmar eVisa.
Make sure to have your valid online visa along with your passport when transiting through Myanmar.
Requirements on arrival
To enter Myanmar without any issues, make sure to apply 3 business days in advance of your trip. Once your online visa gets approved, print it out and take it with you on your travel.
Every traveler must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of the trip.
Stay in Myanmar for 28 or 70 days within the three-month (90 days) validity period.
Ports accepting eVisas
Tourists should use one of the following ports of entry when visiting Myanmar with an electronic visa:
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
Land Border crossings:
- Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
- Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
- Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
- Tamu Land Border Checkpoint
- Rih Khaw Dar Land Border Checkpoint
In case you would need to travel by sea or cross the border via a port of entry not listed above, you will need to apply for a regular visa at the embassy.
Business eVisa Sample
The government of Myanmar offers two different types of the electronic visa for all eligible travelers. If you are an entrepreneur that needs to negotiate a contract, work on a project, or simply look for new cooperation opportunities, make sure to take a look at the Myanmar Business eVisa sample below!
Tourist eVisa Sample
The tourist online visa is dedicated for anyone who wants to visit Myanmar for leisure. Go on vacation, visit your friends and family, try the available attractions, and explore the historical sites with the electronic entry permit! While waiting for approval, be sure to find the Myanmar Tourist eVisa sample below.
Luckily, online Myanmar visa requirements are elementary.
All that each applicant must have is:
- a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the planned date of their travel to Myanmar
- applicant's face photograph (taken using a phone or a PC camera)
Travelers applying for a business eVisa may need to attach an invitation letter from a Myanmar company to their application.
- applications should be made at least 3 business days before the planned Myanmar trip
- eVisa holders must enter Myanmar via one of the listed points of entry
- the average processing time is just 21 hours when using our online visa services
- the electronic Myanmar visa stays valid for 90 days from the issue date
- eVisa is not a working permit
- Myanmar online visa holders may use it for tourism, transit, and business purposes
- our support team is available to all applicants via email and phone in case you should have any questions
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Myanmar eVisa
- What is the Myanmar eVisa?
Myanmar eVisa is a tourist, transit, or business entry permit designed for passport holders of all eligible countries who wish to visit this country. You can obtain your Myanmar visa online after filling and submitting a simple application form.
- Do I need an online visa for Myanmar?
If your country is listed as eligible, you need to apply for your visa online. Citizens of the eligible countries that want to visit Myanmar with a business or a tourist eVisa can now obtain their entry permit following a 3-step online application procedure.
- Do children need an eVisa for Myanmar?
Like all other visitors, children require an electronic visa to cross the Republic of the Union of Myanmar border. Passports, as well as valid online visas, will be checked upon arrival. In that case, an application should be made by underage visitors' parents or guardians.
- What documents do I need for the electronic Myanmar visa?
To apply online, you must be a citizen of one of the eligible countries. Moreover all Myanmar visitors need to have a valid passport and a photograph of themselves (taken with their phone or a PC camera). Upon traveling for business purposes, an additional invitation letter may be needed. The requirements are as simple as that!
- How much does the online Myanmar visa cost?
Myanmar online visas cost 99 Euro for the tourist eVisa and 129 Euro for the business entry permit. Each applicant has several secure online payment methods to choose from when using our website. After covering the fees, every Myanmar tourist receives a confirmation number.
- How to apply for a Myanmar visa online?
One of the most frequently asked questions when it comes to applying for a visa online is how to submit the application form. Each applicant simply needs to put their data and travel details in an online form and cover the application fee (either 99 or 129 Euro). Now, simply wait for the approval!
- How long does it take to get the Myanmar eVisa?
Both tourist and business eVisas to Myanmar process quickly; the average processing time takes only 21 hours! However, applications should be submitted at least 3 business days before your trip as the process may take up to 72 hours.
- How will I receive the electronic Myanmar visa?
After the eVisa approval, each applicant receives their tourist or business entry permit to Myanmar at the email address they have provided in the application form. Make sure to provide an active email address to receive the PDF online visa version without any issues.
- Do I need to print the Myanmar eVisa?
Every tourist visiting Myanmar should have their eVisa printed. Soon after receiving the approved document, print the PDF version of your electronic visa and have it on hand upon arrival. Don't forget to also prepare your valid passport.
- How long can I stay in Myanmar with an online visa?
Myanmar online visas allow a 28-day stay for all tourist eVisa holders and a visit of up to 70 days for anyone applying for the business entry permit. Please note that both documents are single-entry permits and allow travelers to enter Myanmar only once. Should you leave the country, you will need a new eVisa to return.
- How long is an eVisa for Myanmar good for?
The electronic Myanmar visa stays valid for 90 days (three months) from the approval date. Citizens from the eligible countries that can apply for their visa online must have a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of the trip.
- Can I get an online visa on arrival in Myanmar?
Certain countries may get an online visa upon arrival in Myanmar. However, it's far more secure to apply prior to your trip. Use our website to apply online within a few minutes from home and get your Myanmar eVisa even within 21 hours at your email box!
- What can I do if my Myanmar eVisa is denied?
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email