Japan eVisa Application
Japan eVisa: Basic information
The Japan eVisa is an electronic visa that allows its holders to enter Japan by air and stay there for a short period of time.
The Government of Japan introduced the eVisa system to help foreign travelers visit their country in the most effortless way possible and increase the number of tourists.
The Japanese eVisa is a single-entry visa for a period of up to 90 days that allows all tourism-related activities.
Obtaining an appropriate travel authorization for Japan is no longer connected with stressful and time-consuming visits to the Embassy or Consulate. Eligible travelers have to simply submit their visa applications online using any working device with an internet connection!
Travelers will be able to spare just a few minutes to fill out the electronic visa application form online and let the professionals handle the whole eVisa application process. The approved Japan eVisa will, later on, be delivered directly to each applicant's email box in PDF form.
There is only one type of Japan eVisa currently available, and that is a single-entry permit that can be used for tourism purposes only.
Its holders are permitted to stay in the country for up to 90 days.
Visit your friends and family residing in Japan, explore the country, and learn more about its history and culture.
Before your trip to Japan, you must apply for an eVisa online. Use your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet with an internet connection and start the application process by choosing the purpose of your travel on the left-hand side panel.
TIP! To avoid delays or issues with approval, make sure to always double-check the information provided in the electronic visa application form. Errors can lead to the process becoming longer than expected.
How to submit a successful online Japan visa application?
- Fill out the application form: after selecting the purpose of your visit, click on the 'Apply Online' button and start filling out the form. Provide the necessary data, such as your name, surname, birth date, email address, and passport details.
- Cover the Japan eVisa fee: choose the most convenient method of online payment to cover the fees. Next, check if you have received a confirmation number at your email address.
- Wait for the approved electronic Japan visa to arrive in your email box in PDF form.
Our support team is available via email and phone to help and assist all applicants who need further information regarding the application process. Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us!
Japan eVisa validity period starts on the date of issuing and lasts 90 days. Once you receive the approved document at your email address, make sure to check the end date of the validity period and use it within that time.
Please note! Your passport must not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival to Japan. Moreover, in case you change the data on your travel document, lose it, or should it expire, your eVisa becomes invalid.
It is yet to be confirmed if an eVisa will be needed to transit through Japan while on your way to any other country.
Make sure to have your valid travel document with you at all times!
Every traveler who wishes to cross the Japan border must have the following documents ready upon their arrival:
- a valid passport that will not expire for a minimum of 6 months from the planned date of entering Japan
- a valid eVisa
Please note! It's best to keep an additional copy of the online Japan visa on your mobile device. Once you receive the approved document in PDF form at your email address, save a copy to your phone as well.
Following, you will find a complete list of countries eligible for a Japan eVisa:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- The Central African Republic
- Ivory Coast
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Lucia
- Sao Tome & Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Vincent & Grenadines
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
IMPORTANT! All of the above-listed countries can apply for a Japan eVisa as long as they live in one of the following countries:
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
The eVisa is a short-term entry permit that allows one to stay in Japan for all tourism-related purposes.
To make your online visa application successful, make sure that you have the following:
- a valid passport for at least 6 months from the planned date of travel to Japan
- immigration status proof (permanent residence card/visa)
- document confirming current residential address (state ID/driving license/lease agreement/utility bills)
- flight itinerary
- proof of sufficient funds covering the entire stay in Japan (e.g., recent bank statement)
- travel itinerary (including accommodation details, phone no. and address)
If you need any further information about the documents that need to be prepared, please contact our support team via email or phone.
- every traveler must submit a separate Japan eVisa application
- eVisa is not a working permit; you cannot undertake any paid employment while in Japan
- all online Japan visa applicants must have a valid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of the travel
- applications for all underage travelers must be made by their parents or guardians
- should you change any data on your passport, lose this document, or should it expire, your eVisa becomes invalid
- make sure there are no errors in your eVisa application while filling out the form to avoid delays with the approval
- the Japan eVisa is delivered directly to the applicant's email address in PDF form
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Japan eVisa
- What is the Japan eVisa?
Japan eVisa is an electronic entry permit that was introduced to improve and increase tourism in the country. Get yours without visiting an Embassy or Consulate; simply make an online visa application. Use it for a short-term stay for tourism purposes and explore Japan freely!
- Do children need an eVisa for Japan?
Yes, all children need an eVisa before traveling to Japan. The electronic visa application for underage travelers must be made either by their parents or legal guardians. Apply online a few days prior to your trip and get the entry permit delivered straight to your email box!
- How much does the Japan eVisa cost?
The electronic visa for Japan costs 99 Euro. Once you have filled out the application form with your data, choose the preferred method of online payment to cover the fees. After that, you will receive a confirmation number that can, later on, be used to check the application status.
- How do I pay my Japan eVisa fee?
It's up to you which method of online payment you choose to cover the Japan eVisa fees. Pay using your credit or debit card, via PayPal, or select any other method from several available! If you need help or further information on the payments, please contact our support team.
- What documents do I need for the online Japan visa?
It is essential to prepare the required documents before starting the eVisa application process. Thus, make sure that you have a valid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended date of entering Japan.
- How to apply for the Japan visa online?
Applying for the Japan visa online when using our services is the most simple and effortless process! All you have to do is fill out the online form providing some basic personal and travel details. Next, cover the fees, and our team of experts will start the process of handling your entry permit. Plan your journey, relax, and wait for the approved eVisa to be delivered!
- How long does it take to get the Japan eVisa?
Once you submit the form online, prepare to wait for up to several days. The best way to avoid delays or an elongated processing time is to double-check your application to make sure there are no mistakes in it.
- How will I receive the electronic visa for Japan?
The electronic visa for Japan will be delivered to each applicant via email. Once it's approved, the entry permit arrives in the form of a PDF file. Make sure to provide an active email address when filling out the online form to receive the eVisa without any issues.
- Do I need to print the Japan eVisa?
A copy of your Japan eVisa cannot be presented as a screenshot or a printed document. You will need to present the 'Visa issuance notice' on your electronic device upon your arrival in Japan.
- How long can I stay in Japan with an electronic visa?
Online Japan visa holders can stay in the country for all tourism-related purposes for up to 90 days. Visit your friends and family, go on vacation, explore the country, and learn all about the history and culture.
- How long is an eVisa for Japan good for?
The Japan eVisa stays valid for 3 months from the issuing date. Make sure that your passport will not expire for a minimum of 6 months starting from the date you intend to enter Japan. Any changes to your travel document lead to online visa invalidity.
- Can I get an electronic visa on arrival in Japan?
Some countries are eligible to get an electronic visa on arrival to Japan. Check if your country of citizenship allows you to get an entry permit after getting there. Don't wait in the long lines at the airport and waste your time, apply for an eVisa a few days prior to your travel.
- What can I do if my Japan eVisa is denied?
Correctly filled online visa applications are rarely denied approval. If this happens to you, please check if there were no errors in the online form and if you have met all of the Japan eVisa requirements. Should you still not be sure why your application did not get processed, please contact our support team.
- Where can I read more about the Japan eVisa?
Travelers who wish to access further information about the Japan eVisa can either visit the official government website at https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html or contact our support team, which is ready to help at all times!
Three easy steps to get your Japan eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email