Indonesia e-Visa Application
Indonesia e-Visa information
Indonesia e-Visa is a multiple-entry electronic visa on arrival that was introduced by the Indonesian Government in October 2020.
Its introduction was aimed at facilitating the visa application process and eliminating the need to visit a diplomatic mission in person, especially during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The Indonesian electronic visa is currently being issued for tourism, leisure, business, and transit purposes.
A holder of the e-Visa for Indonesia may stay for up to 60 days (per visit) in the country, while the visa remains valid for 5 years from the date of issue.
By applying with Evisa Express, you just need to fill out a short online form and submit an online application within minutes. It will also be necessary to upload some additional documents and cover the processing visa fee. The approved e-Visa will then be delivered directly to your email address provided in the application form.
Applying for the Indonesia e-VOA eliminates the need to spend long hours waiting to cover the visa fee. Upon your arrival in Indonesia, your e-Visa will be stamped on your passport.
Please remember to submit your e-Visa application at least 10 business days in advance of your intended trip or as soon as you have all the travel details necessary for visa application.
Types of Indonesia e-Visa
Indonesia e-Visa is currently issued as a multiple-entry visa for the following purposes:
- tourism: visiting Indonesia for all kinds of leisure-related activities, i.e., sightseeing, vacation, family or friend reunions, sporting and cultural events.
- business: visiting Indonesia for different business activities, e.g., government business, contract negotiations, participation in business meetings, conferences, exhibitions (as an attendee), and purchasing goods.
- transit: making a transit stop before reaching the final destination.
A holder of an Indonesia e-Visa is permitted to enter the country numerous times and stay there for up to 60 days (each time).
Travelers who plan to visit Indonesia or Bali for purposes not covered by the Indonesian e-Visa, including permanent employment, should contact the nearest Indonesian diplomatic post to obtain a relevant visa or permit.
List of eligible countries
The following list includes all the countries whose nationals can apply for Indonesia e-Visa:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- East Timor
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- New Zealand
- New Zealand
- San Marina
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United States of America
Indonesia e-Visa Application Form
Indonesian e-Visa application can be completed within minutes using any electronic device with Internet access.
An applicant must only follow three simple steps, which go as follows:
- Fill out the online form: Enter all the required information, including name, surname, address, birth date, contact details, passport data, etc. Next, upload the necessary supporting documents.
- Cover the e-Visa fee: Pay the service fee charged by the professional assistance of our visa experts, who are at your disposal throughout the entire application process.
- Download the approved visa: Once approved, the electronic visa will be delivered to your email address. Please do remember to print it and present its copy upon your arrival in Indonesia.
Should you encounter any problems when applying online, feel free to contact our support team via e-mail, phone, or contact form.
The validity period of the Indonesia e-Visa is 5 years, and its holder may maximally stay for 60 days (per visit) in Indonesia.
Indonesia e-Visa is a multiple-entry visa and enables entering the country numerous times. Please note that your single stay in the country cannot exceed 60 days.
Important: Do not overstay your visa without the proper authority. Otherwise, you may be fined, refused permission to leave the country, or even imprisoned.
You do not need to obtain a visa to transit through the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport as long as your transit will not exceed 24 hours or 8 hours when transiting through other Indonesian airports.
If you are a national of a non-visa-exempt country and will be passing through Ngurah Rai International Airport, you will need to have a transit visa.
Moreover, if you plan to change terminals at Soekarno-Hatta Airport, a visa is also required
Requirements on arrival
To gain entry to Indonesia, travelers will need to prepare and present the following documents during border control:
- a printed copy of the approved visa
- a valid passport (the same one used for their e-Visa application)
- an outbound ticket
Please note! Your passport must remain valid for a minimum of 6 months from your planned arrival date in Indonesia.
Ports Accepting Indonesia e-Visas
International travelers are currently allowed to enter Indonesian (including Bali) territory with a valid eVisa using one of the following airports and seaports:
- Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali
- Soekharno-Hata International Airport, Jakarta
- Juanda International Airport, Surabaya
- Kualanamu International Airport, Medan
- Sam Ratulangi International Airport, Manado
- New Yogyakarta International Airport, Yogyakarta
- Bandar Bentan Telani, Tanjung Uman
- Bandar Seri Udana Lobam, Tanjung Uman
- Batam Centre, Batam
- Citra Tri Tunas, Batam
- Kabil, Batam
- Marina Teluk, Batam
- Nongsa Terminal Bahar, Batam
- Sekupang, Batam
- Sri Bintan Pura, Tanjung Pinang
- Tanjung Balai Karimun
Important! Border officials will verify your visa as well as other necessary Covid-19 documentation. An e-Visa does not give you an entry guarantee, as all foreign arrivals must also meet other entry requirements to enter Indonesia.
Required documents for online visa to Indonesia
- a valid passport (clear colored passport copy with all 4 corners visible)
- an applicant's face photo on a white background
Make sure that your passport will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned entry to Indonesia.
- The length of the allowed stay in Indonesia is up to 60 days (per visit)
- Every applicant must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of intended arrival
- Indonesia e-Visa allows eligible travelers to visit Indonesia for leisure, transit and business purposes
- Indonesia e-Visa stays valid for 5 years from issuing and allows numerous visits to the country during its validity period
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about Indonesia e-Visa
The Indonesia e-Visa was launched by the country's government with the aim to speed up and facilitate the application process for citizens of certain countries. e-Visa for Indonesia is currently issued for tourism, transit and business-related purposes.
Nationals of most countries can be granted visa exemption to visit Indonesia for short-term stays for the purpose of leisure, business, or tranist. Nevertheless, due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, visa exemption for travelers visiting Indonesia and VOA service have been temporarily suspended. To facilitate the process of obtaining a visa for Indonesia, the country's authorities re-introduced the visa-on-arrival online system.
First of all, check if your country is listed as eligible for an online visa for Indonesia. Next, you will need to complete a short online form, upload supporting documents, cover the service fee, and submit the form for final approval. Once the application is processed successfully, the approved electronic Indonesian visa will arrive in your email inbox. Make sure to provide the correct email address to receive your online visa without unnecessary delays.
Indonesia e-Visa remains valid for 5 years and allows for numerous stays (up to 60 days per stay) in the country. Overstaying the visa may result in serious consequences, including being fined or imprisoned.
Every eligible applicant should prepare a valid electronic device and check the Internet connection. Moreover, it is also necessary to have access to an active email address and online payment method. Applicants will also need to attach some additional documents, including a copy of a bio-data passport page and a face photograph.
The standard processing time for Indian visa applications is expected to take up to 10 business days. All eligible applicants are highly recommended to start their online applications as soon as they have all the essential travel details and all the required documents.
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email