UK eVisa Application
UK eVisa: Basic information
The United Kingdom offers two different visas available for different nationalities. The Standard Visitor Visa and the Electronic Visa Waiver are both single-entry permits allowing a stay in the United Kingdom for as long as 6 months.
Travel to the UK for tourism, business, transit, or medical reasons. See what visa type you're eligible for depending on your country of origin.
All travellers (even those who can enter UK visa-free) need to fill the Passenger Locator Form due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. The form serves as a document that provides the necessary information for the UK authorities in case they would need to contact you.
United Kingdom Visa types
There are two UK Visa types that travellers can apply for. The type you need to apply for depends on your nationality.
The only difference between the two visa types available is the application process. The Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW) or UK eVisa application process can be completed entirely online, and an eVisa arrives at the applicant's e-mail address within a maximum of 72 hours.
Whereas, to complete the application process for the Standard Visitor Visa, all applicants need to schedule an appointment in the Visa Application Center. Travellers need to wait for the decision regarding their visa acceptance for up to 3 weeks
Standard Visitor Visa
A single-entry visa that allows a stay in the UK for up to 6 months. Available for all citizens who cannot apply for the Electronic Visa Waiver or are not from the visa-free countries (e.g., all EU citizens).
The application process requires an online application and a visit to the Visa Application Center in your home country.
UK Electronic Visa Waiver, e-Visa, eTA
Electronic Visa Waiver is an electronic visa available to citizens from Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.
eVisa to the UK is a single-entry permit enabling a visit that can be as long as 6 months. The application process can be completed entirely online.
Both entry permits allow visits in the UK for the following purposes:
- tourism (visiting your friends and family, going on holiday, exploring tourist destinations)
- transit (when travelling through the UK to another country)
- business (any business-related activities, such as meetings, conferences, training, negotiating a contract)
- medical treatment
Reminder! Every traveller, no matter what visa type you may need, or even if you can visit UK visa-free, needs to have the following document on their travel to the UK:
The Passenger Locator Form
The Passenger Locator Form does not serve as a visa. However, it is an obligatory document for everyone crossing the UK border during the Covid-19 pandemic.
UK authorities can use the information provided in this form to contact you if you need to go on quarantine or if someone you have travelled with developed any of the Covid-19 symptoms.
List of eligible countries
Electronic Visa Waiver
Citizens from the following countries are eligible to apply for UK eVisa and eTA:
- United Arab Emirates
Standard Visitor Visa
Every country except for the visa-free countries and those eligible for the EVW must apply for the Standard Visitor Visa to cross the UK border.
Passenger Locator Form
Every traveller needs to fill this form and have it on hand upon arrival for control of the customs officials.
Please note! Underage travellers (under the age of 18) do not need to fill the Passenger Locator Form. Though, can be included in a form of an adult travelling with them
UK visa application process
The application process differs among different UK visa types. See what type you are eligible for and check how to apply for it.
Electronic Visa Waiver (e-Visa or eTA)
Prepare the necessary documents described in the 'Visa Requirements' section and ensure your documents are appropriately valid. Once prepared, start the application process by:
- Filling an online application form (provide your data, passport details, and details concerning your trip to the UK)
- Pay the fees using any preferred method of online payment.
- Wait for your eVisa to be approved. As soon as your eVisa is approved, it's delivered straight to the e-mail address provided in the application form.
Make sure to provide the data correctly and check if there are no mistakes in your form. Our team of experts is always checking if each application is error-free and contacts applicants who have some errors in their application.
However, to avoid delays or issues with approval, make sure to put the data correctly straight away.
Passenger Locator Form
Complete this form 48 hours before your trip to the UK. Within one business day, you'll get the Passenger Locator via e-mail. Either print it out or have it on your mobile device for control at the airport.
If you're travelling with someone under the age of 18, you may include them in your form, provided you're staying at the same address in the UK.
Provide passport details and the details concerning your journey to the UK (addresses you'll be staying at and the dates and times of your travel).
Standard Visitor Visa
All applicants for the Standard Visitor Visa need to make an online application and schedule an appointment in the Visa Application Center located in their country of origin.
Attend the appointment on which your fingerprints and a photograph (the biometric information) will be taken.
The decision on your eligibility should be made within 3 weeks from attending your appointment.
UK visa validity period
All three documents stay valid for 6 months (180 days) after arrival in the United Kingdom.
Please note that these are all single-entry permits, allowing one stay of up to six months.
All applicants need to have a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months beyond the planned entry to the UK date.
Anyone wishing to transit through the United Kingdom to any other country needs to make an eVisa application for UK. Remember to check what UK visa type you're eligible for and see if you meet all of the requirements.
Have the UK visa with you upon arrival to enter the United Kingdom without any issues.
Requirements on arrival
Currently, three documents are being checked upon arrival in the United Kingdom. All travellers need to show the following documents:
- a valid passport that will not expire for the whole duration of the trip (at least 6 months beyond the intended entry date)
- a printed copy of the UK eVisa
- the Passenger Locator Form (due to Covid-19 pandemic)
Required documents for UK eTA and eVisa
UK visas have different visa requirements for applicants to meet. Make sure to prepare the documents described in this section to make your UK visa application successful.
When applying for the Electronic Visa Waiver (eTA, e-Visa), you will need:
- a valid passport
- details concerning your journey to the UK (including arrival and departure dates)
- the addresses you'll be staying at in UK
Ensure that your passport will stay valid for the whole duration of your trip.
If you are eligible for the Standard Visitor Visa, make sure to prepare these documents:
- a valid passport (for at least 6 months from the planned arrival in the UK date)
Please note! Your passport must have at least one blank page when visiting the UK.
- only four countries (Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates) are eligible to apply for e-Visa in the Electronic Visa Waiver
- the travel information (departure, arrival dates, addresses you'll be staying at in the UK) need to be relevant and correct on your EVW application form
- if you have the EVW visa you may stay in the United Kingdom for up to six months
- if you're not eligible for the EVW and are not a citizen from the visa-free country, you will need to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa
- the processing time for the EVW visa is just 72 hours (3 business days), and the e-Visa is sent to the applicant's e-mail address
- every traveller visiting the UK needs to have the Passenger Locator Form (even if you can enter UK visa-free) due to the current Covid-19 pandemic
- underage travellers don't need to fill the Passenger Locator Form (but can be included in the form of an adult they're travelling with)
- the Passenger Locator Form does not replace a visa
- all applicants need to have a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from the planned entry to the UK date
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ for UK eVisa
- What is the UK e-Visa?
UK eVisa is an Electronic Visa Waiver that serves as a single-entry permit and allows a 6-month stay in the UK. The process can be completed entirely online, and an eVisa is sent directly to the applicant's e-mail address. This visa type is available only to citizens from Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE.
- Do I need a visa for the UK?
If you come from a country that cannot visit UK visa-free, you need to apply for either the Electronic Visa Waiver or the Standard Visitor Visa. The second one requires the applicants to attend a visit at the Visa Application Center in their home country, and the waiting time may take up to 3 weeks.
- Do children need an eVisa for the UK?
Yes, every traveller needs an eVisa to cross the UK border. Parents or guardians should apply for the underage travellers visiting the UK with them.
- Can I enter the UK without a visa?
If your country is eligible for either the eVisa or the Standard Visitor Visa, you need to apply for a visa before entering the UK. Please remember that even if you may cross the UK border without a visa, you still need to fill the Passenger Locator Form (due to Covid-19).
- What documents do I need for UK eVisa?
All applicants need to have a valid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended arrival in the UK date. Please also prepare information regarding your trip to the UK (dates of arrival, departure, and addresses you plan on staying at).
- How do I apply for a e-Visa to the UK?
Once you have prepared the necessary documents for the UK eVisa application process, start by filling an online form with your data, passport details, e-mail address, and make sure to check if every piece of information provided in the form is correct. Then, make an online payment and wait for your approved visa to arrive at your e-mail address.
- How long does it take to get UK eVisa?
eVisa application processing time takes up to 72 hours (3 business days) for the Electronic Visa Waiver available to Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE citizens. The Standard Visitor Visa requires a visit to the Visa Application Center, and the decision is given within 3 weeks.
- How will I receive the UK eVisa?
UK eVisa will arrive at the applicant's e-mail address provided in the form while applying online. The UK Visa Waiver application process can be completed entirely online as opposed to the Standard Visitor Visa.
- Do I need to print UK eVisa?
Once you've completed the visa application process and eVisa has been delivered to your e-mail box, print it out and take it with you on your travel. All UK visitors need to show the printed e-Visas, valid passports, and the Passenger Locator Forms to the customs officials upon arrival.
- How long can I stay in the UK with an eVisa?
No matter what visa type you're eligible for, if you hold a UK visa you may stay in the United Kingdom for up to 6 months. Please note that the UK visa allows only one entry during the validity period.
- How long is an eVisa for the UK good for?
The Electronic Visa Waiver stays valid for 180 days (six months) and allows single entry to the UK. Complete the UK eVisa application from home and receive your permit via e-mail to travel to the United Kingdom for as long as six months.
- Can I extend my stay in the UK with my eVisa?
The EVW cannot be extended. As it serves as a single-entry permit, you must apply for a new EVW permit every time you enter the UK. Applying online takes just a few minutes, and an eVisa to UK arrives straight at your e-mail address.
- Can I get a visa on arrival in the UK?
There is no possibility of obtaining a UK visa upon arrival. Travellers eligible for the eVisa may apply online between 3 months to 48 hours before their trip to the UK. When you are already a UK visa holder, you may stay in the country for up to six months.
- What can I do if my UK eVisa is denied?
In case of visas not being approved, we grant reimbursement as per our Terms of Service. Contact our support team via e-mail or phone to discuss your situation and learn why your EVW was denied.
Three easy steps to get UK eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email