UK eVisa Application
UK eVisa Basic information
The UK eVisa is an electronic visa available for different nationalities to enter the UK for tourism, business, transit, or medical reasons.
There are two types of eVisa - the Standard Visitor Visa and the Electronic Visa Waiver, both are single-entry visas allowing a stay in the United Kingdom for as long as 6 months.
It's essential to keep in mind a few things before submitting your UK visa application online:
- The UK e-Visa stays valid for up to 6 months (six months) for all tourism and business-related purposes, such as going on vacation, going on a business trip, or exploring the United Kingdom.
- The UK electronic visa allows you to stay in the United Kingdom for up to 180 days.
- All travelers (even those who can enter UK visa-free) need to fill the Passenger Locator Form due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. The form serves as a document that provides the necessary information for the UK authorities in case they would need to contact you.
UK eVisa types
There are two UK eVisa types that all eligible travelers can apply for:
- Standard Visitor Visa
- Electronic Visa Waiver
The type you need to apply for depends on your nationality.
The only difference between the two types available is when it comes to the application process. The Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW) or UK eVisa application process can be completed entirely online, and the approved documents arrives at the applicant's email address within a maximum of 72 hours.
Whereas, to complete the application process for the Standard Visitor Visa, all applicants need to schedule an appointment in the Visa Application Center. Travelers need to wait for the decision regarding their visa acceptance for up to 3 weeks
Standard Visitor Visa
A single-entry permit that allows a stay in the UK for up to 6 months. Available for all citizens who cannot apply for the Electronic Visa Waiver or are not from the visa-free countries (e.g., all EU citizens).
The application process requires an online application and a visit to the Visa Application Center in your home country.
UK Electronic Visa Waiver, e-Visa, eTA
Electronic Visa Waiver is an electronic visa available to citizens from Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.
eVisa to the UK is a single-entry permit enabling a visit that can be as long as 6 months. The application process can be completed entirely online.
Both entry permits allow visits in the UK for the following purposes:
- tourism (visiting your friends and family, going on vacation, exploring tourist destinations)
- transit (when traveling through the UK to another country)
- business (any business-related activities, such as meetings, conferences, training, negotiating a contract)
- medical treatment
Reminder! Every traveler, no matter what visa type you may need, or even if you can visit UK visa-free, needs to have The Passenger Locator Form. However, it is an obligatory document for everyone crossing the UK border during the Covid-19 pandemic.
UK authorities can use the information provided in this form to contact you if you need to go on quarantine or if someone you have traveled with developed any of the Covid-19 symptoms.
List of eligible countries
Electronic Visa Waiver
Citizens from the following countries are eligible to apply for the UK eVisa and eTA:
- United Arab Emirates
Standard Visitor Visa
Every country except for the visa-free countries and those eligible for the EVW must apply for the Standard Visitor Visa to cross the UK border.
Passenger Locator Form
Every traveler needs to fill this form and have it on hand upon arrival to present it to the customs officials.
Please note! Underage travelers (under the age of 18) do not need to fill the Passenger Locator Form. However, need to be included in a form of an adult traveling with them
UK eVisa application form
The application process differs among the different UK visa types. See what type you are eligible for and check how to apply for it.
Electronic Visa Waiver (eVisa or eTA)
Prepare the necessary documents and ensure that all have an appropriate validity period. Once prepared, start the application process by:
- Filling an online application form (provide your data, passport details, and details concerning your trip to the UK)
- Cover the fees using any preferred method of online payment
- Wait for your eVisa to be approved. As soon as your electronic visa gets approved, it's delivered straight at the email address provided in the application form.
Make sure to provide the data correctly and check if there are no mistakes in your form. Our team of experts is always checking if each application is error-free and contacts applicants who have some errors in their application.
However, to avoid delays or issues with approval, make sure to put the data correctly in the first place.
Passenger Locator Form
Complete this form 48 hours before your trip to the UK. Within one business day, you'll get the Passenger Locator via email. Either print it out or have it on your mobile device for control at the airport.
If you're traveling with someone under the age of 18, you may include them in your form, provided you're staying at the same address in the UK.
Provide passport details and the details concerning your journey to the UK (addresses you'll be staying at and the dates and times of your travel).
Standard Visitor Visa
All applicants for the Standard Visitor Visa need to make an online application and schedule an appointment in the Visa Application Center located in their country of origin.
Attend the appointment on which your fingerprints and a photograph (the biometric information) will be taken.
The decision on your eligibility should be made within 3 weeks from attending your appointment.
All three documents stay valid for 6 months (180 days) after arrival in the United Kingdom.
Please note that these are all single-entry permits, allowing one stay of up to six months.
Moreover, all applicants need to have a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months beyond the planned entry to the UK date.
Anyone wishing to transit through the United Kingdom to any other country needs to make an eVisa application first. Remember to check what UK visa type you're eligible for and see if you meet all of the requirements.
Have the online UK visa with you upon arrival to enter the United Kingdom without any issues.
Requirements on arrival
Currently, three documents are being checked upon arrival in the United Kingdom. All travelers need to show the following documents:
- a valid passport that will not expire for the whole duration of the trip (at least 6 months beyond the intended entry date)
- a printed copy of the online UK visa
- the Passenger Locator Form (due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic)
UK visas have different requirements for applicants to meet. Make sure to prepare the documents described in this section to make your online application successful.
When applying for the Electronic Visa Waiver (eTA, eVisa), you will need:
- a valid passport
- details concerning your upcoming trip to the UK (including arrival and departure dates)
- the addresses you'll be staying at in UK
Ensure that your passport will stay valid for the whole duration of the trip.
If you are eligible for the Standard Visitor Visa, make sure to prepare these documents:
- a valid passport (for at least 6 months from the planned arrival in the UK date)
Please note! Your passport must have at least one blank page when visiting the UK.
- only four countries (Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates) are eligible to apply for an eVisa under the Electronic Visa Waiver
- the travel information (departure, arrival dates, addresses you'll be staying at in the UK) need to be relevant and correct on your online visa application form
- if you have the electronic visa you may stay in the United Kingdom for up to six months
- if you're not eligible for the EVW and are not a citizen from the visa-free country, you will need to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa
- the processing time for the online UK visa is just 72 hours (3 business days), and the approved document is sent to the applicant's email box
- every traveler visiting the UK needs to have the Passenger Locator Form (even if you can enter UK visa-free) due to the current Covid-19 pandemic
- underage travelers don't need to fill the Passenger Locator Form (but should be included in the form of an adult they're traveling with)
- the Passenger Locator Form does not replace an eVisa
- all applicants need to have a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from the planned entry to the UK date
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ for the UK eVisa
- What is the UK eVisa?
A UK eVisa is an Electronic Visa Waiver that serves as a single-entry permit and allows a 6-month stay in the UK. The process can be completed entirely online, and the approved document is sent directly to the applicant's email box. The online visa is available only to citizens from Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE.
- Do I need an online visa for the UK?
If you come from a country that cannot visit UK visa-free, you need to apply for either theElectronic Visa Waiver or theStandard Visitor Visa. The second one requires the applicants to attend a visit at the Visa Application Center in their home country, and the waiting time may take up to 3 weeks. Luckily, the eVisa obtained under the EVW can be applied for from home!
- Do children need an eVisa for the UK?
Yes, every traveler needs an eVisa to cross the UK border. Parents or guardians should apply for the underage travelers visiting the UK with them.
- Can I enter the UK without an electronic visa?
If your country is eligible for either the eVisa or the Standard Visitor Visa, you need to apply for one before entering the UK. Please remember that even if you may cross the UK border without an entry permit, you still need to fill the Passenger Locator Form (due to Covid-19).
- What documents do I need for the UK eVisa?
All UK eVisa applicants need to have avalid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended arrival date. Please also prepare information regarding your trip (dates of arrival, departure, and addresses you plan on staying at).
- How do I apply for an electronic visa to the UK?
Once you have prepared the necessary documents for the UK eVisa application process, start by filling an online form with your data, passport details, email address, and make sure to check if every piece of information provided in the form is correct. Then, make an online payment and wait for your approved electronic visa to arrive at your email address.
- How long does it take to get the UK eVisa?
The UK eVisa application processing time takes up to 72 hours (3 business days) for the Electronic Visa Waiver available to Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE citizens. The Standard Visitor Visa requires a visit to the Visa Application Center, and the decision is given within 3 weeks.
- How will I receive the approved online UK visa?
The online UK visa will arrive at the applicant's email address provided in the form while applying online. The UK Visa Waiver application process can be completed entirely online as opposed to the Standard Visitor Visa.
- Do I need to print the electronic UK visa?
Once you've completed the online visa application process and eVisa has been delivered to your email box, print it out and take it with you on your travel. All UK visitors need to show the printed electronic visas, valid passports, and the Passenger Locator Forms to the customs officials upon arrival.
- How long can I stay in the UK with an eVisa?
If you hold a UK eVisa you may stay in the United Kingdom for up to 6 months. Please note that the electronic UK visa allows only one entry during the validity period.
- How long is an eVisa for the UK good for?
The Electronic Visa Waiver stays valid for 180 days (six months) and allows single entry to the UK. Complete the UK eVisa application from home and receive your permit via email to travel to the United Kingdom for as long as six months.
- Can I extend my stay in the UK with an electronic visa?
The electronic UK visa cannot be extended. As it serves as a single-entry permit, you must apply for a new EVW permit every time you enter the UK. Applying online takes just a few minutes, and an eVisa to UK arrives straight at your email address.
- Can I get an online visa on arrival in the UK?
There is no possibility of obtaining an online UK visa upon arrival. Travelers eligible for the eVisa may apply online between 3 months to 48 hours before their trip to the UK. When you are already an electronic UK visa holder, you may stay in the country for up to six months.
- What can I do if my UK eVisa is denied?
In case your electronic UK visa would not get approved, please contact our support team via email or phone to discuss your situation and find out why your EVW was denied.
Three easy steps to get UK eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email