UK ETA Application
UK ETA Basic information
The UK ETA is the Electronic Travel Authorisation introduced by the United Kingdom authorities in 2023. The ETA is a mandatory document for citizens of visa-free countries, including EU citizens.
Currently, the UK ETA application is available only for Qatari nationals, but the list of eligible countries will be extended soon.
The United Kingdom ETA pre-screens the incoming travelers to minimize any possible threats to the country.
The Electronic Travel Authorisation comes in the form of a multiple-entry permit allowing numerous visits to the United Kingdom, every one of which can be as long as 6 months. Moreover, the UK ETA stays valid for 2 years.
Travelers may use the approved travel authorisation for the purposes of tourism, business, and transit.
The application process is very intuitive and can be completed within minutes from the comfort of the applicant's home.
There are only two documents necessary to ensure a successful ETA application, including a valid passport and an applicant's face photograph.
Applications for the UK ETA should be submitted at least 3 business days before the planned trip.
Incoming visitors to the UK no longer need to fill out a Passenger Locator Form before their planned visit to the UK.
The form was introduced due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and was required of travelers entering the UK by air, road, and sea.
UK ETA types
The Electronic Travel Authorisation for the UK comes in one type.
eVisa to the UK is a multiple-entry travel permit enabling a few visits lasting for up to 6 months each. The application process can be completed entirely online.
Travelers can visit the UK using ETA for the following purposes:
- tourism (visiting one's friends and family, going on vacation, exploring tourist destinations)
- transit (when traveling through the UK to another country)
- business (any business-related activities, such as meetings, conferences, training, negotiating a contract)
List of eligible countries
Citizens from the following countries are eligible to apply for the UK ETA:
The following countries will be eligible for the UK ETA application from February 2024:
- Saudi Arabia
UK ETA application form
Prepare the necessary documents and ensure that all have an appropriate validity period. Once prepared, start the application process by:
- Filling out an online application form (provide your data, passport details, and details concerning your trip to the UK).
- Uploading supporting documents (passport bio-data page and face photograph).
- Covering the fees (49 Euro) using any preferred method of online payment.
- Waiting for your eVisa to be approved. As soon as your electronic visa gets approved, it's delivered straight to the email address provided in the application form.
Make sure to provide the data correctly and check if there are no mistakes in your form. Our team of experts is always checking if each application is error-free and contacts applicants who have some errors in their application.
However, to avoid delays or issues with approval, make sure to put the data correctly in the first place.
The UK Electronic Travel Authorisation stays valid for 2 years from the date of issue.
Please note that the UK eVisa is a multiple-entry travel authorization, allowing numerous stays in the Kingdom (up to 6 months each).
Moreover, all applicants need to have a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months beyond the planned entry to the UK date.
Anyone wishing to transit through the United Kingdom to any other country needs to make an eVisa application first.
Have the online UK visa with you upon arrival to enter the United Kingdom without any issues.
Requirements on arrival
Currently, three documents are being checked upon arrival in the United Kingdom. All travelers need to show the following documents:
- a valid passport that will not expire for the whole duration of the trip (at least 6 months beyond the intended entry date)
- the approved UK ETA
Make sure to prepare the documents described in this section to make your online application successful.
When applying for the UK ETA, you will need:
- a valid passport
- a face photograph
Also, you will need to answer a few questions regarding your:
- upcoming trip to the UK (including arrival and departure dates)
- addresses you'll be staying at in the UK
- criminal history
- other nationalities (if applicable)
Ensure that your passport will stay valid for the whole duration of the trip.
- Only Qatari nationals can now apply for the UK ETA (for trips on and after 15th Nov. 2023)
- From February 2024, nationals of Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Oman, the KSA, and the UAE will be eligible for ETA application
- The travel information (departure, arrival dates, addresses you'll be staying at in the UK) needs to be relevant and correct on your online visa application form
- If you have the approved UK electronic visa, you may stay in the United Kingdom for up to six months each time
- If you're not eligible for the ETA, you will need to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa
- The processing time for the online UK visa is around 72 hours (3 business days), and the approved document is sent to the applicant's email box
- All applicants need to have a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from the planned entry to the UK date
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ for the UK eVisa
A UK ETA is an Electronic Travel Authorisation that serves as a multiple-entry permit and allows numerous 6-month visits in the UK. The process can be completed entirely online, and the approved document is sent directly to the applicant's email box. The online visa for the UK is available only to citizens from Qatar. Applicants from Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE can apply for the UK ETA from February 2024.
If you come from a country that cannot visit the UK visa-free, you need to apply for either the Electronic Travel Authorisation or the Standard Visitor Visa. The second one requires the applicants to attend a visit at the Visa Application Center in their home country, and the waiting time may take up to 3 weeks. Luckily, the electronic visa can be applied for from home!
Yes, every traveler needs an eVisa to cross the UK border. Parents or guardians should apply for underage travelers visiting the UK with them.
If your country is eligible for an eVisa you need to apply for one before entering the UK. Please remember to check if there are other entry requirements to enter the United Kingdom without any issues.
All UK ETA applicants need to have avalid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended arrival date. Please also prepare a photo of your face. Also, you will be asked to provide some information regarding your trip (dates of arrival, departure, and addresses you plan on staying at), address, job, criminal story, and other nationalities (if you have any).
Once you have prepared the necessary documents for the UK eVisa application process, start by filling out an online form with your data, passport details, email address, and make sure to check if every piece of information provided in the form is correct. Then, make an online payment and wait for your approved electronic visa to arrive at your email address.
The UK eVisa application processing time takes up to 72 hours (3 business days). Remeber to submit your application earlier to receive the approved visa on time.
The online UK visa will arrive at the applicant's email address provided in the form while applying online. The UK ETA application process can be completed entirely online as opposed to the Standard Visitor Visa.
Once you've completed the online visa application process and the approved ETA has been delivered to your email box, you may print it out and take it with you on your travel. The UK ETA will be automatically linked with your passport. Nevertheless, carrying its printed copy is always recommended.
If you hold a UK eVisa, you may stay in the United Kingdom for up to 6 months (upon every visit). Please note that the electronic UK visa allows numerous entries during the entire validity period (2 years).
The Electronic Visa Waiver stays valid for 2 years and allows multiple entries to the UK. Complete the UK eVisa application from home and receive your permit via email to travel to the United Kingdom for as long as six months.
The electronic UK visa cannot be extended. You must apply for a new ETA once your current one has expired. Applying online takes just a few minutes, and an eVisa to the UK arrives straight at your email address.
There is no possibility of obtaining an online UK visa upon arrival. Travelers eligible for the UK eVisa may apply online at least 3 business days before their trip to the UK. When you are already an electronic UK visa holder, you may stay in the country for up to six months (each time).
In case your electronic UK visa does not get approved, please contact our support team via email or phone to discuss your situation and find out why your ETA was denied.
Three easy steps to get UK eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email