UK eVisa Application
UK eVisa Basic information
The UK eVisa is an Electronic Visa Waiver available online for citizens of Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE and allows its holders to enter the UK for tourism, business, transit, or medical reasons.
The electronic visa for the UK was introduced in 2014 to speed up the visa handling process for four eligible countries. Travelers can now obtain the UK eVisa entirely online after completing a quick 3-step application process.
The Electronic Visa Waiver comes in the form of a single-entry travel authorization allowing a stay in the United Kingdom for as long as 6 months. Moreover, the UK eVisa stays valid for up to six months.
Important! The UK Government plans on introducing an Electronic Travel Authorization that will serve as a mandatory document for citizens of visa-free countries, including EU citizens.
The UK ETA will pre-screen the incoming travelers to minimize any possible threats to the country and will be available online.
Currently, all incoming visitors to UK (even those who can enter UK visa-free) need to fill a Passenger Locator Form within 48 hours of their planned visit to the UK.
The form was introduced due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and is required of travelers entering the UK by air, road, and sea.
The form provides necessary information for the UK authorities that can later on use it to contact the incoming travelers should they need to go on quarantine or if someone they have traveled with developed any of the Covid-19 symptoms.
The confirmation of filling the Passenger Locator Form (in the form of a QR code) will be delivered to each traveler via email and should then be printed or kept on one’s mobile device to be presented upon border control at the airport.
UK eVisa types
UK Electronic Visa Waiver or eVisa for the UK comes in one type.
The Electronic Visa Waiver is an electronic visa for the United Kingdom available to citizens from Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.
eVisa to the UK is a single-entry travel authorization enabling a visit that can be as long as 6 months. The application process can be completed entirely online.
Travelers can visit the UK using the Electronic Visa Waiver for the following purposes:
- tourism (visiting one's friends and family, going on vacation, exploring tourist destinations)
- transit (when traveling through the UK to another country)
- business (any business-related activities, such as meetings, conferences, training, negotiating a contract)
- medical treatment
Reminder! Every traveler needs to have a completed Passenger Locator Form upon arrival. It is an obligatory document for anyone crossing the UK border during the Covid-19 pandemic.
List of eligible countries
Electronic Visa Waiver
Citizens from the following countries are eligible to apply for the UK eVisa:
- United Arab Emirates
Passenger Locator Form
Every traveler needs to fill this form and have it on hand upon arrival to present it to the customs officials.
Please note! Underage travelers (under the age of 18) do not need to fill the Passenger Locator Form on their own. However, need to be included in a form of an adult traveling with them
UK eVisa application form
Prepare the necessary documents and ensure that all have an appropriate validity period. Once prepared, start the application process by:
- Filling an online application form (provide your data, passport details, and details concerning your trip to the UK)
- Cover the fees using any preferred method of online payment
- Wait for your eVisa to be approved. As soon as your electronic visa gets approved, it's delivered straight to the email address provided in the application form.
Make sure to provide the data correctly and check if there are no mistakes in your form. Our team of experts is always checking if each application is error-free and contacts applicants who have some errors in their application.
However, to avoid delays or issues with approval, make sure to put the data correctly in the first place.
The Electronic Visa Waiver stays valid for 6 months (180 days) after arrival in the United Kingdom.
Please note that the UK eVisa is a single-entry travel authorization, allowing one stay of up to six months.
Moreover, all applicants need to have a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months beyond the planned entry to the UK date.
Anyone wishing to transit through the United Kingdom to any other country needs to make an eVisa application first.
Have the online UK visa with you upon arrival to enter the United Kingdom without any issues.
Requirements on arrival
Currently, three documents are being checked upon arrival in the United Kingdom. All travelers need to show the following documents:
- a valid passport that will not expire for the whole duration of the trip (at least 6 months beyond the intended entry date)
- a printed copy of the online UK visa
- the Passenger Locator Form (due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic)
Make sure to prepare the documents described in this section to make your online application successful.
When applying for the Electronic Visa Waiver (eVisa), you will need:
- a valid passport
- details concerning your upcoming trip to the UK (including arrival and departure dates)
- the addresses you'll be staying at in UK
Ensure that your passport will stay valid for the whole duration of the trip.
- only four countries (Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates) are eligible to apply for an eVisa under the Electronic Visa Waiver
- the travel information (departure, arrival dates, addresses you'll be staying at in the UK) need to be relevant and correct on your online visa application form
- if you have an electronic visa you may stay in the United Kingdom for up to six months
- if you're not eligible for the EVW and are not a citizen from the visa-free country, you will need to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa
- the processing time for the online UK visa is just 72 hours (3 business days), and the approved document is sent to the applicant's email box
- every traveler visiting the UK needs to have the Passenger Locator Form (even if you can enter UK visa-free) due to the current Covid-19 pandemic
- underage travelers don't need to fill the Passenger Locator Form (but should be included in the form of an adult they're traveling with)
- the Passenger Locator Form does not replace an eVisa
- all applicants need to have a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from the planned entry to the UK date
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ for the UK eVisa
A UK eVisa is an Electronic Visa Waiver that serves as a single-entry travel authorization and allows a 6-month stay in the UK. The process can be completed entirely online, and the approved document is sent directly to the applicant's email box. The online visa for the UK is available only to citizens from Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE.
If you come from a country that cannot visit UK visa-free, you need to apply for either theElectronic Visa Waiver or theStandard Visitor Visa. The second one requires the applicants to attend a visit at the Visa Application Center in their home country, and the waiting time may take up to 3 weeks. Luckily, the eVisa obtained under the EVW can be applied for from home!
Yes, every traveler needs an eVisa to cross the UK border. Parents or guardians should apply for underage travelers visiting the UK with them.
If your country is eligible for an eVisa you need to apply for one before entering the UK. Please remember that even if you may cross the UK border without any travel authorization, you still need to fill the Passenger Locator Form (due to Covid-19).
- What documents do I need for the UK eVisa?
All UK eVisa applicants need to have avalid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended arrival date. Please also prepare information regarding your trip (dates of arrival, departure, and addresses you plan on staying at).
Once you have prepared the necessary documents for the UK eVisa application process, start by filling an online form with your data, passport details, email address, and make sure to check if every piece of information provided in the form is correct. Then, make an online payment and wait for your approved electronic visa to arrive at your email address.
The UK eVisa application processing time takes up to 72 hours (3 business days) for the Electronic Visa Waiver available to Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE citizens.
The online UK visa will arrive at the applicant's email address provided in the form while applying online. The UK Visa Waiver application process can be completed entirely online as opposed to the Standard Visitor Visa.
Once you've completed the online visa application process and the approved eVisa has been delivered to your email box, print it out and take it with you on your travel. All UK visitors need to show printed electronic visas, valid passports, and the Passenger Locator Forms to the customs officials upon arrival.
If you hold a UK eVisa you may stay in the United Kingdom for up to 6 months. Please note that the electronic UK visa allows only one entry during the validity period.
The Electronic Visa Waiver stays valid for 180 days (six months) and allows single entry to the UK. Complete the UK eVisa application from home and receive your permit via email to travel to the United Kingdom for as long as six months.
The electronic UK visa cannot be extended. As it serves as a single-entry permit, you must apply for a new EVW every time you enter the UK. Applying online takes just a few minutes, and an eVisa to UK arrives straight at your email address.
There is no possibility of obtaining an online UK visa upon arrival. Travelers eligible for the UK eVisa may apply online between 3 months to 48 hours before their trip to the UK. When you are already an electronic UK visa holder, you may stay in the country for up to six months.
In case your electronic UK visa would not get approved, please contact our support team via email or phone to discuss your situation and find out why your EVW was denied.
Three easy steps to get UK eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email