Malaysia e-Visa: Basic Information
The Malaysian government introduced the eVisa system in 2016. Since then, travelers coming from the 8 eligible countries can submit an online application for a Malaysia eVisa. The whole process is as simple and undemanding as it can be with no visits to the embassy needed!
A single-entry visa to Malaysia can be obtained entirely online within 72 hours (3 business days) after submitting an online application. The average processing time for a visa to Malaysia is just 68 hours when using our visa services.
Prepare your valid passport and start filling the application form using any working device with an internet connection.
Applying online takes just a few minutes and can be done from home or any other place. Our team of visa experts takes care of your entry permit while you pack and plan your journey!
Malaysia eVisa costs 89 Euro. Read on to learn who can apply and how to submit a successful application online.
Travelers may apply for only one Malaysia e-Visa type available, and that is a single-entry visa that allows a 30-day stay.
Malaysia eVisa serves as a tourist visa that stays valid for 90 days (3 months) since the visa issue date.
eVisa holders may use it for all tourism-related purposes, such as going on vacation, visiting friends and family, or exploring Malaysa's tourist destinations.
Check if your country is listed as eligible. Citizens of the following countries may make an online application for the Malaysia eVisa:
- Sri Lanka
Every traveler must have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned entry to the Malaysia date.
To complete the application process and visit Malaysia with a single-entry visa for up to 30 days, visit our website and follow the guide below.
How to apply for the Malaysia eVisa?
- Choose the purpose of your travel using the panel on the left-hand side and click the 'Apply online' button. Start filling the application form with the necessary data, such as your name, surname, e-mail address, passport and travel details.
- Pay the visa fee and check if you have received a confirmation number at your e-mail box immediately after your payment registers. Applicants can choose from several online payment methods available on our website.
- Check your inbox. Malaysia eVisa will be delivered to your e-mail box within 3 business days or less. Upon approval, eVisa arrives to the applicant in a PDF form.
Please make sure that all the data provided is correct before submitting the form to avoid any issues with approval or delays.
Our support team is available to all applicants via e-mail and phone. Should you have any questions, concerns, or doubts upon applying, do not hesitate to contact us!
Once approved, Malaysia eVisa stays effective for 3 months (90 days) and allows its holders to stay in the country for up to 30 days (one month). Use your visa to Malaysia within the validity period to ensure a successful trip.
Ensure that your passport will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned arrival in Malaysia date.
Anyone who wishes to travel through Malaysia and comes from one of the eligible countries must make an online application for the Malaysian eVisa.
Please note! The processing time may take up to 3 business days; thus, make sure to apply at least 3 days in advance of your travel to Malaysia to receive your visa on time.
Travelers must present two essential documents at the entry checkpoints in Malaysia. Make sure that you have the following documents on hand upon arrival:
- a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended arrival in Malaysia date
- a printed Malaysian eVisa copy
Print out your tourist visa once you receive it in a PDF format at your e-mail address and take it with you on your travel.
Each applicant must attach the following documents to their Malaysian eVisa application:
- a digital photo of the valid passport's bio-data page
- applicant's face photo
- a photo of the return flight ticket
Please note! Each applicant can take photos of the documents with their phone. The applicant's face photo can be taken with a phone or a PC camera. Our team of visa experts adjusts the sizes of the files received.
- the processing time may take up to 3 business days
- travelers should make an online application at least 3 days prior to their travel to Malaysia
- Malaysia eVisa is a single-entry visa and serves for tourism purposes
- Malaysia visitors can stay in the country for up to 30 days
- each traveler must submit a separate visa application
- the Malaysian eVisa is required upon transiting through Malaysia to your final destination
- Malaysia eVisa is not a working permit
- visa to Malaysia expires after 3 months (90 days) from issuing
- Bangladesh citizens must attach an additional document to their application, i.e., a photo of their valid residence permit from either UK, USA, or any of the Schengen countries
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Malaysia eVisa
- What is Malaysia eVisa?
Malaysia eVisa is a tourist visa that serves for one entry to Malaysia. Citizens of the 8 eligible countries may obtain their visas via e-mail upon completing the application process. Enter Malaysia for any tourism-related purpose for up to 30 days with the Malaysian eVisa that stays valid for 3 months (90 days).
- Do I need a visa for Malaysia?
Malaysian eVisa is available to any traveler with a nationality from one of the 8 eligible countries. Check the list of eligible countries listed earlier to see if you can make an eVisa application online. Some nationals may visit Malaysia visa-free; however, if your country is listed as eligible for eVisa, you must apply for the Malaysian eVisa in advance of your travel.
- Do children need an eVisa for Malaysia?
Children, as well as adult applicants, must have an eVisa to enter Malaysia. Applications for an electronic visa for underage travelers should be made by their parents or guardians. Use our website to apply online within a few minutes from home.
- What documents do I need for Malaysia eVisa?
Applicants should prepare a few documents before making their eVisa application. Take photos of your valid passport's bio-data page, return flight tickets, and yourself. Make sure that your passport will stay valid throughout your whole trip to Malaysia.
- How to apply for the Malaysia visa?
Visit our website, have your prepared documents on hand (photos of yourself, passport, and flight tickets) and start applying by choosing the purpose of your travel. Provide your data in the application form, make an online payment using your debit or credit card, PayPal, or any other secure online payment method.
- How much does Malaysia eVisa cost?
Malaysia eVisa costs 89 Euro. Pay the visa fees after filling the application form with your data. All applicants can choose between various online payment methods to pay the 89 Euro visa fee.
- How can I pay the Malaysia visa fees?
Malaysia visa fees can be paid using several different methods of online payment. Once you have filled the application form, all of the methods available on our website will be displayed. Choose the most convenient method of payment for you and pay the fees. Applicants can use their credit and debit cards, PayPal, or any other method available.
- How long does it take to get Malaysia eVisa?
Your eVisa application will be approved within 3 business days from submitting the application form. Applicants receive their visas within 72 hours. However, the average time of visa approval for the Malaysia eVisa is just 68 hours!
- How will I receive Malaysia eVisa?
Applicants that have submitted the eVisa application online will receive their eVisas via e-mail in a PDF form. Make sure to provide an e-mail address that is active and that you have access to.
- Do I need to print Malaysia eVisa?
Yes! Travelers are advised to print out their Malaysia eVisa before entering the country. Apply online and once you receive your visa to Malaysia, print out the PDF visa version. Have the printed out eVisa along with your valid passport on hand upon arrival in Malaysia.
- How long can I stay in Malaysia with an eVisa?
eVisa holders can enter Malaysia for up to 30 days (one month). Every applicant must have a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from their entry to Malaysia.
- How long is an eVisa for Malaysia good for?
Malaysia eVisa stays valid for three months (90 days) from the visa issue date. Use your visa for one 30-day entry to Malaysia within the three-month validity period.
- Can I extend my stay in Malaysia with my eVisa?
Unfortunately, Malaysia eVisas cannot be extended. Each eVisa holder can make one entry to Malaysia and stay in the country for up to 30 days (one month). Malaysia visa stays valid for 3 months (90 days) from the visa issue date.
- What can I do if I made a mistake while applying for the Malaysia eVisa?
Please make sure to provide your data correctly while filling the application form, as the data on your visa must match your personal data. If you have submitted an application with wrong information, please contact our support team.
- What can I do if my Malaysia eVisa is denied?
Should your visa not be approved after you apply online, contact our support team via e-mail or phone. Check if your nationality makes you eligible to apply for the eVisa to Malaysia and see if you met all of the visa requirements. If your data was provided correctly, our support team will help you discover why your permit was not approved.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email