Malaysia eVisa Application
Malaysia eVisa information
The Malaysia eVisa is an electronic visa obtainable entirely online allowing its holders to stay in Malaysia for 30 days.
The electronic visa system was introduced in Malaysia in 2016 to help foreign travelers obtain the necessary visas in a quick and easy way.
The Malaysia eVisa is a single-entry online visa that stays valid for 90 days (three months) from the issuing date and enables all eligible travelers to take on short-term tourism-related visits to Malaysia.
To apply, travelers need to prepare their valid passports and start filling the online application form using any working device with an internet connection.
The average Malaysia eVisa processing time is just 68 hours when using our services!
Moreover, applying online takes just a few minutes and can be done from home or any other place. Our team of experts takes care of handling the whole process while travelers pack and plan their journey!
Malaysia eVisa types
Travelers may apply for only one Malaysia eVisa type available, and that is a single-entry permit that allows a 30-day stay.
The electronic Malaysia visa serves as a tourist entry permit that stays valid for 90 days (3 months) since the issue date.
Online visa holders may use it for all tourism-related purposes, such as going on vacation, visiting friends and family, or exploring Malaysa's tourist destinations.
List of eligible countries
Check if your country is listed as eligible. Citizens of the following countries may submit an online application for the Malaysia eVisa:
- Sri Lanka
Every applicant must have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of entering Malaysia.
Malaysia eVisa application form
Tocomplete the application process and visit Malaysia with a single-entry online visa for up to 30 days, visit our website and follow the guide below.
How to apply for the Malaysia eVisa?
- Choose the purpose of your travel using the panel on the left-hand side and click the 'Apply Online' button. Start filling the application form with the necessary data, such as your name, surname, email address, passport and travel details.
- Cover the fee and check if you have received a confirmation number at your email box immediately after your payment registers. Applicants can choose from several online payment methods available on our website.
- Check your inbox. Malaysia eVisa will be delivered to your email box within 3 business days or less. Upon approval, the document arrives to the applicant in PDF form.
Please make sure that all the data provided is correct before submitting the form to avoid any issues with approval or delays.
Our support team is available to all applicants via email and phone. Should you have any questions, concerns, or doubts upon applying, do not hesitate to contact us!
Once approved, Malaysia eVisa stays effective for 3 months (90 days) and allows its holders to stay in the country for up to 30 days (one month). Use your electronic visa to Malaysia within the validity period to ensure a successful trip.
Please note! It's crucial to check if your passport will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Malaysia.
Anyone who wishes to travel through Malaysia and comes from one of the eligible countries must make an online application for the Malaysian eVisa.
Please note! The processing time may take up to 3 business days; thus, make sure to apply in advance to receive your online visa on time.
Requirements on arrival
Travelers must present two essentialdocuments at the entry checkpoints in Malaysia. Make sure that you have the following documents on hand upon arrival:
- a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended date of the travel
- a printed Malaysian eVisa copy
Print out your electronic visa once you receive it in PDF format at your e-mail address and take it with you on your travel.
Malaysia eVisa Sample
The Malaysia eVisa sample presents how this entry permit looks like once received! The approved electronic visa will be delivered straight to your email box in PDF form.
Each applicant must attach the following documents to their Malaysian eVisa application:
- a digital photo of the valid passport's bio-data page
- applicant's face photo
- a photo of the return flight ticket
Please note! Each applicant can take photos of the documents with their phone. The applicant's face photo can be taken with a phone or a PC camera. Our team of experts adjusts the sizes of the files received.
- the processing time may take up to 3 business days
- travelers should make an online application at least 3 days prior to their travel to Malaysia
- Malaysia eVisa is a single-entry permit and serves for tourism purposes
- Malaysia visitors can stay in the country for up to 30 days
- each traveler must submit a separate online visa application
- the Malaysian eVisa is required upon transiting through this country on your way to your final destination
- the electronic Malaysia visa is not a working permit
- the online visa to Malaysia expires after 3 months (90 days) from issuing
- Bangladesh citizens must attach an additional document to their application, i.e., a photo of their valid residence permit from either UK, USA, or any of the Schengen countries
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application processThere are three easy steps to get your eVisa to Malaysia. Any issues during the application process can be addressed by contacting our support staff
- Qualified team of expertsA qualified team oversees the processing of each and every application
- Guarantee of serviceIf an application is unable to be processed, reimbursement is provided according to the conditions set out by our Terms of Service
FAQ about the Malaysia eVisa
What is the Malaysia eVisa?
Malaysia eVisa is a tourist entry permit that allows you to visit this country once within its validity period. Citizens of the 8 eligible countries may obtain their online visas via email upon completing the application process. Enter Malaysia for any tourism-related purpose for up to 30 days with the electronic visa that stays valid for 3 months (90 days).
Do I need an online visa for Malaysia?
The online Malaysian visa is available to any traveler from one of the 8 eligible countries. Check the list of eligible countries listed earlier to see if you can make an eVisa application. Some nationals may visit Malaysia visa-free; however, if your country is listed as eligible for an electronic visa, you must apply for it in advance of your travel.
Do children need an eVisa for Malaysia?
Children, as well as adult travelers, must have an eVisa to enter Malaysia. Applications for an electronic visa for underage travelers should be made by their parents or guardians. Use our website to apply online within a few minutes from home.
What documents do I need for the electronic Malaysia visa?
Applicants should prepare a few documents before making their electronic visa application. Take photos of your valid passport's bio-data page, return flight tickets, and your face. Make sure that your passport will stay valid throughout your whole trip to Malaysia.
How to apply for the Malaysia visa online?
Visit our website, have your prepared documents on hand (photos of yourself, passport, and flight tickets) and start applying by choosing the purpose of your travel. Provide your data in the application form and make an online payment using your debit or credit card, PayPal, or any other secure online payment method. It's that simple!
How much does the online Malaysia visa cost?
The online Malaysia visa costs 89 Euro. Cover the fees after filling the application form with your data. All applicants can choose between various online payment methods to complete this step effortlessly!
How can I cover the Malaysia electronic visa fees?
The electronic Malaysia visa fees can be covered using several different methods of online payment. Once you have filled the application form, all of the methods available on our website will be displayed. Choose the most convenient method of payment for you and complete this step. Applicants can use their credit and debit cards, PayPal, PayU, or any other method available.
How long does it take to get the Malaysia eVisa?
Your eVisa application will be approved within 3 business days from submitting the application form. Travelers receive their online visas within 72 hours. However, the average time of approval is just 68 hours!
How will I receive the Malaysia eVisa?
Applicants that have submitted the eVisa application online will receive their online visas via email in PDF form. Make sure to provide an email address that is active and that you have access to.
Do I need to print the electronic Malaysia visa?
Yes! Travelers are advised to print out their Malaysia eVisa before entering the country. Apply online, and once you receive your approved electronic visa, print out itsPDF version. Have the document along with your valid passport on hand upon arrival in Malaysia.
How long can I stay in Malaysia with an online visa?
Online visa holders can stay in Malaysia for up to 30 days (one month). Every applicant must have a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from the planned date of the travel.
How long is an electronic visa for Malaysia good for?
The electronic Malaysia visa stays valid for three months (90 days) from the issue date. Use your entry permit for one 30-day trip to Malaysia within the three-month validity period.
Can I extend my stay in Malaysia with an online visa?
Unfortunately, the online Malaysia visas cannot be extended. Each eVisa holder can visit this country once and stay for up to 30 days (one month). The electronic entry permit stays valid for 3 months (90 days) from the issue date.
What can I do if I made a mistake while applying for the Malaysia eVisa?
Please make sure to provide your data correctly while filling the application form, as the data on your online visa must match your personal data. If you have submitted an application form with wrong information, please contact our support team.
What can I do if my online Malaysia visa is denied?
Should your online visa not be approved, please contact our support team via email or phone. Check if your nationality makes you eligible to apply for the eVisa to Malaysia and see if you met all of the requirements. If your data was provided correctly, our support team will help you discover why your permit was not approved.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply onlineFill out basic information on your citizenship and the purpose of your travel
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online paymentWe accept both credit and debit cards and other convenient methods of payment.
- Check your emailOnce your payment is confirmed, the eVisa will be sent to the email address provided in your application