Visa to Malaysia
Malaysia e-Visa: Basic Information
The electronic visa is a document that allows entry into Malaysia. Anyone with a valid passport from an eligible country can apply for an electronic Visa to Malaysia.
The e-Visa can be applied for for tourist purposes and is an electronic entry visa issued by the Malaysian government. Visitors can only enter Malaysia with eVisa for tourism and non-business purposes.
- Types of electronic visas
Single-entry e-Visa is a tourist visa with which only one entry is possible during the validity of the visa.
- List of eligible countries
Only citizens from Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nepal, and Sri Lanka must apply for an eVisa in order to travel to Malaysia.
- Application for e-Visa
Please note that the application must be made at least 3 days before the departure date.
Please read the important notes and guidelines carefully at each step of the application form and follow them.
We would like to inform you that the processing time and the final decision depends on the Malaysian government.
The approved e-Visa will be sent to the e-mail address you provided in the application. The attachment with the e-Visa must be printed out and presented when entering Malaysia.
Use the form on the left to fill out the application. Choose one of the available purposes of residence and enter your citizenship. Click "Apply online" to fill out your application form.
- Validity of the electronic visa
Single entry e-Visa Valid for 90 days from the date of issue. This means that you must enter Malaysia within 90 days of the visa being issued. You are allowed to stay on site for 30 days.
Attention: In order to submit the online application, the applicant must have their passport be valid at least 6 months from the intended date of entry.
- Transit visa information
The e-Visa is always required for transit trips
- Requirements on arrival
In order to travel to Malaysia you have to take two documents with you: the printed e-Visa and the valid passport.
When crossing the border, every traveler is asked to show these documents.
The following documents must be attached to the application:
- Passport – Page with personal information and photo
- A photograph of the applicant
- Return ticket
- Letter of invitation - applicable when visiting family
- Processing time can take up to 3 working days.
- Everyone must submit a separate application.
- The e-Visa is always required for transit trips.
- The e-visa must be printed out and presented to passport control upon entry.
- If entry does not take place within 90 days from the date of issue, the visa will expire.
- You cannot start business activities with the e-Visa.
- Citizens of Bangladesh must present an additional document when submitting the application - residence permit from the United Kingdom, United States or Schengen countries.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email