Nigeria e-Visa Application
Nigeria e-Visa: Basic information
All eligible travelers can now facilitate the process of handling their entry permits using the Nigeria e-Visa! Apply by simply filing an online application form with your data. Use any working device to apply for the Nigeria visa online and receive the documents via email.
Applicants who have submitted the form will receive a pre-approved electronic visa to Nigeria. Once the email with the documents has been delivered, schedule an appointment in the nearest Nigerian Embassy to collect your entry permit.
Visit Nigeria for tourism, business, or transit purposes with an online visa for an effortless traveling experience!
Read on to learn which e-Visa types are available and how to submit a successful application online.
Nigerian online visa comes in three types; each one serves for a different purpose of usage.
Travelers from the eligible countries can make an online application for any of the following:
- tourist e-Visa: available as a single-entry or a multiple-entry permit. This one can be used for all tourism-related purposes, such as going on vacation, going on a safari trip, visiting friends and family, or simply exploring the country.
- business e-Visa: also comes in the form of both single-entry and multiple-entry permit. Perfect for all entrepreneurs that need to handle their business affairs in Nigeria. Negotiate contracts, look for new cooperation opportunities, or go on a business trip.
- transit e-Visa: is an entry permit that allows its holders to travel through Nigeria to get to their final destination.
Tourist and business online visas stay valid for 90 days (three months) from the planned date of arrival in Nigeria.
The transit electronic visa stays effective for 7 days from issuing.
If your country is listed as eligible, select your travel purpose using the panel on the left-hand side. Click the 'Apply online' button and follow these steps to submit your online application:
- Provide the necessary data in the online visa application form. Make sure every piece of information is error-free and submit the form.
- Cover the Nigeria e-Visa fee (39 Euro) using any online payment method that is the most convenient to you.
- Receive the documents (application form and payment confirmation) at your email address. Print the files and make an appointment in the nearest Nigerian Embassy.
Once you completed the process of applying, and received the necessary files, collect your electronic visa at the nearest Embassy.
Oursupport team is available to all applicants via email and phone in case of any questions or concerns.
Nigeria e-Visa validity period differs depending on which type of entry permit you applied for.
The tourist and business online visas stay valid for 90 days (three months) from the date of planned entry to Nigeria.
The date of intended arrival must be specified in the electronic visa application form; thus, make sure it's correct.
The transit e-Visa stays effective for 7 days from the issue date. Use this entry permit within the validity period to reach your final destination through Nigeria without any issues.
Please note! All travelers must have a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Nigeria.
Nigerian electronic visa is obligatory for travelers to have upon transiting through the country. Reach your final destination with an e-Visa and transit smoothly!
Make sure that you have a valid passport before starting the online visa application process.
There are only two required documents for all travelers to have upon arrival in Nigeria:
- a valid passport (that will not expire for at least 6 months from entering)
- a printed e-Visa copy
Check if your country is listed below to find out if you're eligible to make an online application for the Nigeria e-Visa:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Western Sahara
If your citizenship is not listed, you will need to apply for a regular visa at the embassy to visit Nigeria.
Check the list of eligible countries, choose the purpose of your travel, and make an online application within minutes from home. While waiting for the approved entry permit to arrive, make sure to take a look at the Nigeria e-Visa sample below.
To complete the online visa application process, travelers must prepare only two elementary documents.
Make sure that you have:
- a valid passport
- a digital photo of the applicant's face
Please note! Your passport must stay valid for at least 6 months from entering Nigeria.
The face photo can be taken using a PC camera or even a phone. Moreover, our team of electronic visa experts adjusts the sizes of the files received.
- Nigeria e-Visa can be used for tourism, business, and transit purposes
- applicants must have passports with a minimum validity of 6 months
- upon receiving the necessary documents, schedule an appointment in the nearest Nigerian Embassy to collect your online visa
- e-Visa does not serve as a working permit
- our support team is available to help all applicants via email and phone
- the validity period of the business and tourist electronic visa starts on the planned arrival date specified in the application form
- the transit e-Visa stays valid for 7 days from the issuing date
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Nigeria e-Visa
- What is the Nigeria e-Visa?
Nigeria e-Visa serves as a single-entry or a multiple-entry permit for the purposes of tourism, business, and transit. This electronic system has greatly facilitated traveling to Nigeria as the whole application process can be completed online within just a few minutes.
- What is the difference between an e-Visa and a regular visa for Nigeria?
The main difference between an electronic visa and a regular one is in the processing time. To save yourself time, energy, and money, apply online using any working device with an internet connection. Handling a standard visa as opposed to an electronic one is much more complicated and takes a lot of time.
- Do I need an electronic visa for Nigeria?
If your country of citizenship is listed as eligible in the 'List of eligible countries' section, you must apply for the Nigeria e-Visa in advance of your travel. Make sure that you have a valid passport and submit your application following a simple, 3-step process.
- Do children need an e-Visa for Nigeria?
All underage travelers are obliged to have an electronic visa upon their arrival in Nigeria. Parents/guardians are the ones who need to make an online visa application for children.
- Can I enter Nigeria without an online visa?
If you come from a few countries that can enter Nigeria visa-free, you may stay in the country without an entry permit. See if your citizenship is listed as eligible for an online visa to find out whether you will need to apply.
- What documents do I need for the Nigeria e-Visa?
The only document to prepare for the Nigeria electronic visa application is a valid passport. Make sure that your travel document will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned arrival date. Moreover, take a face photo using a phone or a PC camera and attach it to your application.
- How to apply for the Nigeria visa online?
To apply for the e-Visa, click the 'Apply online' button located on the left-hand side. Put some basic personal information in the online form and submit it. Cover the online visa fee (39 Euro) using any method of online payment. Lastly, wait for the documents to arrive at your email address.
- How much does the Nigeria e-Visa cost?
Nigerian e-Visa costs only 39 Euro for an entry permit that can serve multiple purposes. Once your payment is registered, you will receive a confirmation number at your email box.
- How do I pay my Nigeria e-Visa fee?
To cover the costs of the Nigeria e-Visa, choose any online payment method from several available on our website. Travelers can use their credit/debit cards, PayPal accounts, or other forms of payment.
- How will I receive the electronic Nigeria visa?
The pre-approved documents arrive at the applicant's email box in a PDF form. While applying, make sure that you provide an active email address. Once you receive the required documents, schedule an appointment in the closest Nigerian Embassy and collect your online visa.
- Do I need to print the Nigeria e-Visa?
The customs officials will check if each traveler has a printed electronic visa copy and a valid passport upon their arrival. To collect your entry permit from the Nigerian Embassy, prepare the pre-approved documents received at your email address.
- Is Nigeria online visa stamped on passport?
Yes! Have at least two blank pages in your passport while traveling to Nigeria. The customs officials will check if you have a valid travel document and will stamp your passport.
- How long is an e-Visa for Nigeria good for?
Nigerian e-Visa validity differs amongst its different types. If you choose a tourist or a business online visa, your entry permit will stay effective for up to 90 days (three months) from the date of arrival stated in the application form. The electronic visa for transit is valid for 7 days from approval.
- Can I get an online visa on arrival in Nigeria?
The online visa on arrival is available to some travelers, e.g., for citizens of the African countries or some high-net-worth business travelers who visit Nigeria often. If you don't fall into any of the two categories, you must apply for your entry permit in advance.
- What can I do if my electronic Nigeria visa is denied?
Should your Nigerian e-Visa not get approved, do not hesitate to contact our support team. We are happy to help anyone struggling with the process of applying and those whose entry permits were not positively processed. Click the 'Contact' button to find our support team's email address and phone number.
- Where can I read more about the online Nigeria visa?
Travelers who want to learn more or need any further information on the Nigeria e-Visa can visit the official Nigerian government website athttps://portal.immigration.gov.ng/visa/freshVisa. Our support team is also available to answer any questions related to the electronic visa system.
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email