Iran e-Visa Application Online
Iran e-Visa: Basic Information
Iran e-Visa is an electronic alternative to the regular Iran visa introduced to help travelers in completing the visa application process in a much easier way.
Iran e-Visa comes in four different types; there are single and multiple-entry permits to choose from, each one differing in the validity period. Iran e-Visa holders can visit Iran for up to 30 days at a time for tourism, business, and transit purposes.
Travelers can apply online for an electronic visa to Iran with just a valid passport and a digital face photo! The application can be submitted within just a few minutes from home or any other place.
Applicants receive an Embassy Registration (Authorization Code) delivered straight to their email boxes once they have completed the 3-step application process online. After receiving the code, travelers must visit their nearest Embassy to collect the approved electronic visa.
Citizens from every country worldwide are free to submit an application for the Iran e-Visa and collect it at an Embassy.
Iran e-Visa types
Travelers who wish to visit Iran can do so with the following online visa types:
- a single-entry e-Visa valid for 90 days enabling a 30-day stay in the country.
- a single-entry e-Visa valid for 60 days, also for a one-month stay.
- a transit e-Visa: that stays effective for 30 days and allows a 7-day visit in Iran for transit purposes.
- a multiple-entry e-Visa: that stays effective for 90 days (three months) and can be used for all business-related purposes (including participation in sports events in Iran).
The single-entry online visas can be used for tourism purposes, such as visiting friends and family, going on vacation, sightseeing, etc.
Iran e-Visa application form
To submit a successful Iran e-Visa application, prepare your valid passport. Please check if your travel document has a minimum validity of 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Iran.
Start the application process by choosing the purpose of your travel using the panel on the left-hand side and click the 'Apply online' button.
Follow these three steps to receive the Iran Embassy Registration (Authorization Code) to get your e-Visa:
- Provide basic personal and travel details in the online visa application form. Double-check if every piece of information in the form is error-free.
- Cover the electronic Iran visa fee by choosing any online payment method from several available. Receive the confirmation number immediately after you have cleared the outstanding amount.
- Check your email address to see if you have received the Iran Embassy Registration code necessary to collect the online visa at the nearest Embassy.
Should you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact our support team via email or phone! We are available to all applicants to assist them at every step of the application process and after completing it.
The Iran e-Visa validity period depends on the selected type of entry permit.
Choose the one that will suit your travel needs best and apply online by simply filling an application form.
Travel to Iran with the following electronic visas:
- a single-entry e-Visavalid for 90 days (three months)
- a single-entry e-Visa that stays effective for 60 days (two months)
- an online transit visa that stays valid for 30 days (one month)
- the multiple-entry online visa for business-related purposes, which expires after 90 days (three months)
The validity period starts on the online visa issue date; make sure to enter Iran before your entry permit expires!
To transit through Iran to reach any final destination, travelers must first apply for an electronic Iran visa.
Travel with the transit e-Visa that stays valid for 30 days from issuing and allows a 7-day stay in the country.
Requirements on arrival
Once you apply for your visa online and get the approved documents at your email address, visit the nearest Iran Embassy and collect the necessary entry permit.
The customs officials will check if each traveler has:
- a printed Iran e-Visa copy
- a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended date of entering Iran
Iran e-Visa Sample
Take a look at the Iran e-Visa sample below to get more information on this entry permit and in what form does it come for travelers.
Everyone who wants to travel to Iran must apply online for the Embassy Registration (Authorization Code).
Check if you meet the elementary online visa requirements to submit your application. Every applicant must have:
- a valid passport (for at least 6 months beyond the planned arrival in Iran date)
- applicant's digital face photo (that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
Once you collect the required documents, the application process can be completed using any working device with an internet connection. Apply within a few minutes from home or any other place!
- Once you receive the Embassy Registration (Authorization Code), make an appointment in the nearest Iran Embassy and collect your online visa within a month from receiving the code
- The customs officials will check if each traveler has a printed Iran e-Visa copy and a valid passport
- Make sure that you have a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Iran before applying online
- Applicant's digital face photo can be taken using a phone or a PC camera; thus preparing it should take just a few minutes
- Our support team is available to all applicants via email and phone at every step of the application process
- The online Iran visa processing time may take up to 10 business days
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process There are three easy steps to get your e-Visa to Iran. Any issues during the application process can be addressed by contacting our support team.
- Qualified team of expertsA qualified team oversees the processing of every application.
- Guarantee of serviceIf an application is unable to be processed, reimbursement is provided according to the conditions set out by our Terms of Service.
FAQ about the Iran e-Visa
- What is the Iran e-Visa?
Iran e-Visa is an electronic entry permit that allows its holders to travel to Iran for up to 30 days for both tourism and business purposes. Submit your visa application online using any working device within a few minutes from home!
- Do I need an online visa for Iran?
If you want to enter Iran, you will need an online visa to cross the country's border. Apply online and receive your Embassy Registration (Authorization Code) at your email address. Then, simply visit the selected Iran Embassy and collect your entry permit.
- Do children need an e-Visa for Iran?
Children, as well as all adults who want to travel to Iran, must have a separate online visa to do so. Parents or guardians are the ones who should submit the e-Visa application for the underage travelers.
- Can I enter Iran without an electronic visa?
There are some countries that can enter Iran visa-free, e.g., China, Armenia, Oman, Turkey. Check if your country is one of those that can cross the Iran's border without an entry permit. If not, apply for the electronic visa before the planned travel.
- What documents do I need for the Iran e-Visa?
The required documents to submit a successful online Iran visa application are elementary. All you need is a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of entering Iran and the applicant's digital face photo.
- How high are the online Iran visa costs?
The online Iran visa costs 39 Euro and comes in four different types. All applicants can select either single-entry permits, an electronic transit visa, or a multiple-entry permit. Travel to Iran for up to 30 days (one month) for tourism or business-related purposes.
- How do I pay my Iran e-Visa fee?
Once you submit the online visa application form, choose any preferred method of online payment to cover the 39 Euro fee. Applicants can use their credit cards, debit cards, PayPal accounts, or select any other form of payment from various ones available.
- How to apply for the Iran visa online?
Apply for your e-Visa online using your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet. Choose the purpose of your travel and start filling the application form with your data. Provide your name, surname, email address, passport and travel details. Cover the online visa fee and wait for the Embassy Registration code to arrive.
- How long does it take to get the Iran e-Visa?
Electronic Iran visa processing time can take up to 10 business days. Make sure to apply in advance since you can't enter Iran without an appropriate entry permit. Once you receive the email with the Authorization Code, please visit the nearest Embassy to collect your e-Visa there.
- How will I receive the Iran e-Visa?
Every applicant will receive an email with the Authorization Code necessary to collect the Iran e-Visa from the Embassy. No matter what type of entry permit should you choose, the processing can take up to 10 business days.
- Do I need to print the Iran e-Visa?
Yes!Iran e-Visa must be printed and presented upon arrival to the customs officials. Please have prepared not only the electronic visa copy but also your valid passport. Your travel document must have a minimum validity of 6 months beyond the planned date of entering Iran to ensure an issue-free entrance.
- How long can I stay in Iran with an e-Visa?
Electronic visas to Iran allow a 30-day stay in the country. The only exception is the transit entry permit that enables a 7-day visit to reach any final destination through Iran.
- How long is an e-Visa for Iran good for?
Iran e-Visa stays valid for 60 or 90 days starting from the issuing date. The entry permit meant for transit is the only one that stays effective for 30 days.
- Can I extend my stay in Iran with an e-Visa?
To extend your stay with an electronic visa, please contact the Immigration and Police Department in Iran before your e-Visa expires. Moreover, it's best to make sure that your passport will stay valid throughout the whole duration of the extended stay.
- Can I get an electronic visa on arrival in Iran?
The electronic visa on arrival is available in Iran; however, obtaining your e-Visa in advance is far more secure. To avoid any issues upon entering the country, apply 10 business days before your travel to Iran to get the entry permit on time. That way you will be safe and prepared for the upcoming trip!
- What can I do if my Iran e-Visa is denied?
Should your electronic visa to Iran not be processed successfully, please contact our support team. We are available to all applicants via email and phone and are happy to resolve all online visa-related issues.
- Where can I read more about the Iran e-Visa?
Travelers can read more about the Iran e-Visa on the official government website at evisatraveller.mfa.ir. Would you need any further information or would like to receive the necessary details via email or phone, please contact our support team.
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply onlineFill out basic information on your citizenship and the purpose of travel.
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online paymentWe accept both credit and debit cards and other convenient methods of payment.
- Check your emailOnce your payment is confirmed, the e-Visa will be sent to the email address provided in your application.