Iran e-Visa Application
Iran e-Visa: Basic Information
With just a valid passport and a digital face photo, travelers can apply online for an electronic visa to stay in Iran for up to 30 days! The application can be submitted within just a few minutes from home or any other place.
Iran e-Visa comes in various types; there are single and multiple-entry permits. Get your Embassy Registration (Authorization Code) delivered straight to your email box after completing the 3-step application process.
Once you have the necessary code, simply visit your nearest Embassy and collect the electronic visa.
Read on to learn what are the electronic Iran visa types you can choose from and apply online. Provide your data in the application form, make an online payment, and receive the necessary Authorization Code to obtain your e-Visa at the nearest Iran Embassy.
Citizens from every country worldwide are free to submit an application for the Iran e-Visa and collect it at an Embassy.
Applying online saves you time, money, and energy!
Travelers who wish to visit Iran can do so with the following visa types:
- a single-entry e-Visa valid for 90 days enabling a 30-day stay in the country.
- a single-entry e-Visa valid for 60 days, also for a one-month stay.
- a transit e-Visa: that stays effective for 30 days and allows a 7-day visit in Iran for transit purposes.
- a multiple-entry e-Visa: that stays effective for 90 days (three months) and can be used for all business-related purposes (including participation in sports events in Iran).
The single-entry visas can be used for tourism purposes, such as visiting friends and family, going on vacation, sightseeing, etc.
To submit a successful Iran e-Visa application, prepare your valid passport. Please check if your travel document has a minimum validity of 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Iran.
Start the application process by choosing the purpose of your travel using the panel on the left-hand side and click the 'Apply online' button.
Follow these three steps to receive the Iran Embassy Registration (Authorization Code) to get your e-Visa:
- Provide basic personal and travel details in the visa application form. Double-check if every piece of information in the form is error-free.
- Cover the Iran visa fee by choosing any online payment method from several available. Receive the confirmation number immediately after you have cleared the outstanding amount.
- Check your email address to see if you have received the Iran Embassy Registration code necessary to collect the visa.
Should you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact our support team via email or phone! We are available to all applicants to assist them at every step of the application process and after completing it.
The Iran e-Visa validity period depends on the selected type of entry permit.
Choose the one that will suit your travel needs best and apply online by simply filling an application form.
Travel to Iran with the following entry permits:
- a single-entry visa valid for 90 days (three months)
- a single-entry visa that stays effective for 60 days (two months)
- a transit visa that stays valid for 30 days (one month)
- the multiple-entry visa for business-related purposes, which expires after 90 days (three months)
The validity period starts on the visa issue date; make sure to enter Iran before your entry permit expires!
To transit through Iran to reach any final destination, travelers must first apply for an electronic Iran visa.
Travel with the transit e-Visa that stays valid for 30 days from issuing and allows a 7-day stay in the country.
Once you apply for your visa and get the approved documents at your email address, visit the nearest Iran Embassy and collect the necessary entry permit.
The customs officials will check if each traveler has:
- a printed Iran e-Visa copy
- a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended date of entering Iran
Everyone who wants to travel to Iran must apply online for the Embassy Registration (Authorization Code).
Check if you meet the elementary visa requirements to submit your application. Every applicant must have:
- a valid passport (for at least 6 months beyond the planned arrival in Iran date)
- applicant's digital face photo (that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
Once you collect the required documents, the application process can be completed using any working device with an internet connection. Apply within a few minutes from home or any other place!
- Once you receive the Embassy Registration (Authorization Code), make an appointment in the nearest Iran Embassy and collect your visa within a month from receiving the code
- The customs officials will check if each traveler has a printed Iran e-Visa copy and a valid passport
- Make sure that you have a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned arrival in Iran date before applying online
- Applicant's digital face photo can be taken using a phone or a PC camera, as our team of visa experts adjusts the sizes of the files received
- Our support team is available to all applicants via email and phone at every step of the application process
- The processing time may take up to 10 business days
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Iran e-Visa
- What is the Iran e-Visa?
The Iran e-Visa is an electronic entry permit that allows its holders to travel to Iran for up to 30 days for both tourism and business purposes. Submit your visa application online using any working device within a few minutes from home!
- Do I need a visa for Iran?
If you want to enter Iran, you will need a visa to cross the country's border. Apply online and receive your Embassy Registration (Authorization Code) at your email address. Then, simply visit the selected Iran Embassy and collect your visa.
- Do children need an e-Visa for Iran?
Children, as well as all adults who want to travel to Iran, must have a separate visa to do so. Parents or guardians are the ones who should submit the visa application for the underage travelers.
- Can I enter Iran without a visa?
There are some countries that can enter Iran visa-free, e.g., China, Armenia, Oman, Turkey. Check if your country is one of those that can cross the Iran's border without an entry permit.
- What documents do I need for the Iran e-Visa?
The required documents to have to submit a successful visa application form are elementary. All you need is a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of entering Iran and the applicant's digital face photo.
- How high are the Iran visa costs?
Iran visa costs 39 Euro and comes in four different types. All applicants can select either single-entry visas, a transit visa, or a multiple-entry permit. Travel to Iran for up to 30 days (one month) for tourism or business-related purposes.
- How do I pay my Iran e-Visa fee?
Once you submit the visa application form, choose any preferred method of online payment to cover the 39 Euro fee. Applicants can use their credit cards, debit cards, PayPal accounts, or select any other form of payment from various ones available.
- How to apply for the Iran e-Visa?
Apply for your e-Visa online using your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet. Choose the purpose of your travel and start filling the application form with your data. Provide your name, surname, email address, passport and travel details. Cover the visa fee and wait for the Embassy Registration code to arrive.
- How long does it take to get Iran e-Visa?
Electronic Iran visa processing time can take up to 10 business days. Make sure to apply in advance since you can't enter Iran without a visa. Once you receive the email with the Authorization Code, please visit the nearest Embassy to collect the entry permit.
- How will I receive Iran e-Visa?
Every applicant will receive an email with the Authorization Code necessary to collect the Iran e-Visa from the Embassy. No matter what type of entry permit should you choose, the processing can take up to 10 business days.
- Do I need to print Iran e-Visa?
Yes!Iran e-Visa must be printed and presented upon arrival to the customs officials. Please have prepared not only the electronic entry permit copy but also your valid passport. Your travel document must have a minimum validity of 6 months beyond the planned date of entering Iran.
- How long can I stay in Iran with an e-Visa?
Electronic visas to Iran allow a 30-day stay in the country. The only exception is the transit entry permit that enables a 7-day visit to reach any final destination through Iran.
- How long is an e-Visa for Iran good for?
Iran e-Visa stays valid for 60 days or 90 days starting from the issuing date. The entry permit meant for transit is the only one that stays effective for 30 days.
- Can I extend my stay in Iran with my e-Visa?
To extend your electronic entry permit, contact the Immigration and Police Department in Iran before your electronic visa expiry.
- Can I get a visa on arrival in Iran?
Visa on arrival is available in Iran; however, obtaining your e-Visa in advance is far more secure. To avoid any issues upon entering the country, apply 10 business days before your travel to Iran.
- What can I do if my Iran e-Visa is denied?
Should your electronic visa to Iran not be processed successfully, please contact our support team. We are available to all applicants via email and phone and are happy to resolve all visa-related issues.
- Where can I read more about Iran e-Visa?
Travelers can read more about the Iran e-Visa on the official government website at https://e_visa.mfa.ir/. Would you need any further information or would like to receive the necessary details via email or phone, please contact our support team.
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email