Malawi e-Visa: Basic Information
The Malawi e-Visa is an official document that allows you to enter Malawi. Travelers who want to travel to Malawi can apply for an electronic visa on our website. The applicant can get the e-Visa after providing all the required data and paying the application.
- Types of electronic visas
Single-entry e-Visa Valid for 90 days from the date of issue, entitles you to a stay of 30 days.
Multiple-entry e-Visa for a period of 6 months Valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
Multiple-entry e-Visa for a period of 12 months Valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
All types of visas mentioned above can be used for tourism, business or medical purposes.
e-Visa for transit purposes Valid for 90 days from the date of issue; allows a stay of a maximum of 7 days.
- Malawi e-Visa application form
To apply for an e-Visa, all you have to do is fill in the required data and provide all the necessary documents in the application. A copy of your passport, a photo of the applicant and the confirmation of the hotel booking in Malawi are required. As soon as you have completed the online form and submitted the documents, you will receive a confirmation and information about the e-Visa processing time. The decision on your application should be made within 5 days. Please note that the final decision may take longer depends on the Malawian government. After the approval, you will receive it by email. It is important to print it out and show it at the airport in Malawi.
Use the form on the left to fill out the application. Choose the purpose of your stay and enter your citizenship. click "Apply online" to fill out your application form.
- e-Visa Validity
All e-visas to Malawi are valid for 90 days from the date of issue. This means that the first entry must take place within these first 90 days.
ATTENTION: In order to apply for the e-Visa to Malawi, the applicant's passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry into Malawi.
- e-Visa transit information
If you have a passport issued by a eligible country, you will need the electronic visa for transit travel through Malawi. The transit visa allows a single entry in Malawi for up to 7 days. The transit visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue; entry must take place during this period.
- Requirements on arrival
You will need an approved e-Visa and a valid passport issued by a country that is eligible to apply for an e-Visa. It is recommended to print out the e-Visa or have it with you in electronic form (on your mobile phone or tablet) in case of the system failure at the airport.
- List of eligible countries
Citizens of the countries listed below must apply for the electronic visa when traveling to Malawi::Aland Islands
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
French Southern Territories
Heard Island and McDonald Islands
Isle of Man
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Northern Mariana IslandsNorway
Palestine, State of
Papua New Guinea
Saint Martin (French)
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Sao Tome and Principe
Sint Maarten (Dutch)
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
Svalbard And Jan Mayen
Syrian Arab Republic
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
United States of America
Virgin Islands (British)
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Wallis and Futuna
If your citizenship is not listed, you will need to apply for a regular visa at the embassy to visit Malawi.
- Requirements on arrival
A valid passport and an approved e-Visa in a paper form are needed for border control at the airport.
Every application has to be matched with the following documents::
- Passport –s biodata page with personal information and photo
- Photo of the applicant
- A copy of the hotel reservation in Malawi. Or, if you are staying with friends or relatives, a signed invitation letter confirming your stay in Malawi.
if the applicant is a minor (under 21 years of age) the following documents are also required:
- Birth certificate
- Copy of the passport (page with personal data and photo) of the legal guardian / parent
- Consent letter
- Proof of Legal Guardianship
- You have to apply for your visa at least 5 days before the desired date of entry.
- If you want to transit through Malawi, you need to apply for the transit e-Visa.
- You are obliged to print out the e-visa or have a copy in electronic devices and present it together with your passport upon arrival.
- The Malawian government reserves the right to reject your e-Visa without giving a reason.
- In order to aply for the e-Visa, the applicant's passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry into Malawi.
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email