Oman eVisa: Basic information
Traveling to Oman with an electronic visa takes all inconvenience of the visa handling process. In 2018, the Omani government had implemented the electronic visa system and made it available for all their visitors.
Oman eVisa to arrives at the applicant's e-mail address in a PDF form and is usually approved within 31 hours. Travel to the Sultanate of Oman and visit your friends and family, go on vacation, or negotiate future business cooperations with an eVisa to Oman.
The Omani government has introduced three visa types for all travelers to choose from. Applicants can visit Oman with single-entry visas or a multiple-entry visa designed for various stay lengths.
Read on to see which Oman visa type will best suit your travel needs and apply online within a few minutes from home.
Oman eVisa types
If you're eligible to apply for the Oman eVisa, see what visa options you have first. Applicants may select one of the following visa to Oman types:
- a single-entry visa for a 10-day stay for 69 Euro
- a single-entry visa for a 30-day stay for 99 Euro
- a multiple-entry visa with each stay as long as 30 days for 149 Euro
With every visa to Oman type selected, eVisa holders can travel to Oman for business and tourism-related purposes.
Please note! All US nationals may apply for a multiple-entrance visa that stays effective for 10 years from the visa issue date. US nationals can stay in Oman for up to 6 months with an eVisa to Oman.
List of eligible countries
Nationals of the following countries can submit an Oman visa application:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Korea, South
- Macau (SAR)
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
Nationals from the following countries may apply for a conditional visa to Oman:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
Please note! Residents of the GCC countries may apply for the Oman visa if their profession is listed on the accepted by the Omani government list of occupations.
Should your country of citizenship not be listed above, you must apply for a regular visa at the Oman Embassy.
Oman eVisa application
Before starting the application process, check if you are eligible to apply, see what are the visa requirements and which documents should you prepare.
To ensure your visa will be quickly approved, follow this simple application guide:
- Select the visa type you want to apply for and fill the visa application form with your data, passport details, and the necessary travel information. Once you have completed the form, check if everything is correct.
- Make an online payment by choosing any preferred method from several available on our website. See if you have received a confirmation number at the e-mail address provided in the application form.
- e-Visa to Oman will arrive at your e-mail box within 72 hours (3 business days) in a PDF form. As soon as you get the e-mail notification with your visa, print your entry permit out.
Make sure that your passport will stay valid throughout the whole duration of your trip to Oman.
Oman eVisa validity period
Both single-entry visas to the Sultanate of Oman stay valid for one month (30 days) from the visa issue date. Enter Oman within 30 days from the date of visa approval.
The multiple-entry visa allows each stay to be as long as 30 days and stays effective for one year from the date of visa approval.
Please note! All US nationals may apply for a multiple-entry visa that is valid for 10 years and allows numerous 6 months travels.
If you need to enter Oman solely for transit purposes, you do not need a visa as long as you meet the following requirements:
- you have a photo of your onward ticket to the final destination
- your stay for transit won't be longer than 6 hours
Should your stay in the Sultanate of Oman for transit purposes exceed 6 hours, you must apply for the Oman visa online.
Requirements on arrival
After completing the visa application form and receiving the Oman visa at your e-mail address in a PDF form, tourists should print their electronic visas out. The print-outs can be in black and white.
The customs officials will check if each traveler has the following documents:
- a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months starting from the date of arrival in Oman
- a copy of the printed e-Visa to Oman
Once your travel document and e-Visa are checked, you will receive a stamp in your passport stating the date of arrival and the date you should make your departure from Oman.
Oman eVisa Sample
Oman visa requirements can be divided into three groups of nationals. Applicant's nationality decides on which documents should he or she prepare and attach to their visa application.
Nationals eligible for the Oman eVisa must prepare:
– a photo of their valid passport (the bio-data page)
– applicant's face photograph (taken with your phone or a PC camera)
Nationals eligible for the conditional visa need:
– a photo of the bio-data page from their valid passport
– applicant's face photograph
– a photo of the valid visa/resident permit from one of the Schengen Area countries, the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, or Australia
– a photograph of the return/onward ticket (applicable when applying for a multiple-entry permit)
– proof of having booked hotel accommodation in Oman (applicable to multiple-entry permits)
Residents of the GCC countries must attach:
– a photo of the valid passport's bio-data page
– applicant's photograph
– a photo of their GCC visa
– a photo of the applicant's GCC ID (both sides)
Please note! Every traveler needs to have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned arrival to Oman.
All copies of the required documents may be attached in form of digital photos taken with a phone or a PC camera!
Obtain your Oman visa online using our website. If you're still unsure whether you meet the visa requirements, or have any questions regarding the application process, contact our support team via e-mail or phone. Click the 'contact' button on the top of the website to reach our e-mail address.
- travelers need to apply at least 3 business days in advance of their trip to Oman
- applications for a new Oman visa can be submitted only outside of Oman and after the current visa has expired
- whenever your passport expires, should you change any details on your travel document or lose your passport, your eVisa to Oman becomes invalid
- Oman eVisa is not a working permit and does not entitle its holders to work in Oman
- should you extend your stay, you will be charged with a fine of 10 OMR for each additional day of overstay
- Applying for a visa is only possible if the applicant is outside of Oman
- In the event of an extension of the stay, a fine of 10 OMR will be imposed for each an additional day of unauthorized stay in Oman
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Oman eVisa
- What is the Oman eVisa?
Oman eVisa was designed to facilitate the process of obtaining a visa to travel to Oman. Applicants can choose between a single-entry visa for a 10-day stay, a 30-day stay, or a permit for multiple entries that are valid for a whole year and allowing numerous 30-day visits to Oman. Using e-Visas has numerous advantages for travelers.
- Do I need a visa for Oman?
Suppose you want to travel to Oman for tourism purposes, to handle your business affairs, or to transit to your final destination, and you come from a country that is listed as eligible for an electronic visa. In that case, you will need to apply for the Oman visa online.
- Do children need an e-Visa for Oman?
A tourist visa is obligatory to have for everyone traveling to the Sultanate of Oman, including children. If you are traveling to Oman with your children, make sure to submit the tourist visa application for them.
- What documents do I need for Oman e-Visa?
There are two necessary documents that each applicant needs to prepare. Every traveler must have a photograph of themselves and a photo of their valid passport. When it comes to travelers applying for a conditional visa, or the GCC residents, there are additional documents to prepare. See the 'Visa requirements' section for a full description of the necessary documents.
- How to apply for an Oman visa?
Once you are prepared with the essential documents on hand, start the application process by choosing the type of visa for Oman you prefer. Then, fill the application form with your data, attach the supporting documents, and make an online payment using your credit card or any other online payment method. Make sure to check if your passport will stay valid throughout your trip.
- How much does an Oman visa cost?
The price of the visa to Oman differs depending on the selected visa type. For a 10-day single-entry permit, applicants must pay 69 Euro; for the 30-day single-entry visa, a 99 Euro fee is applicable, and lastly, the multiple-entrance permit costs 149 Euro.
- How can I pay for a visa to Oman?
Applicants may choose from various online payment methods available on our website. You can use your credit card, a debit card, PayPal, or any other secure payment method.
- How long does it take to get an e-Visa for Oman?
Entry permits to Oman are processed within 72 hours (3 business days) from applying online. However, the average processing time is just 31 hours! Make sure to file your application at least 3 days before your travel to Oman.
- How will I receive Oman e-Visa?
As soon as your tourist visa gets approved, you will receive your entry permit at the e-mail address provided while applying. e-Visa is delivered in a PDF form.
- Do I need to print Oman e-Visa?
Yes, all travelers need to print their Oman visas out before going to the Oman airports. The customs officials will check if you have your e-Visa copy and a passport valid for at least 6 months from entering Oman.
- How long can I stay in Oman with an e-Visa?
The permitted length of the stay in the Sultanate of Oman for tourists with electronic entry permits differs based on the tourist visa type they choose. There are 10-day stays and 30-day stays available.
- How long is an e-Visa for Oman good for?
Oman tourist visas stay valid for 30 days (one month) for both of the single-entry permits. The multiple entrance one stays effective for a whole year and allows its holders to travel to Oman numerous times.
- Can I extend my stay in Oman with my eVisa?
Travelers may apply for a new visa to Oman, provided their previous visa has expired, and you are currently outside of Oman. Do not overstay to avoid being fined with 10 OMR per each day of additional stay.
- Can I get a visa on arrival in Oman?
Visa to Oman is not available upon arrival. Apply online for your entry permit at least 3 business days in advance of your travel to Oman to enter the country without any issues. Should you need more information, our support team is available via e-mail and phone.
- What can I do if my Oman e-Visa is denied?
If you were eligible to apply, had all of the required documents, and completed the application process correctly, contact our support team to discuss why your visa was not approved and resolve your issues.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email