Oman eVisa Application
Oman eVisa: Basic information
Traveling to Oman with an eVisa takes inconvenience from the whole process. In 2018, the Omani government had implemented the electronic visa system and made it available for all visitors.
Oman eVisa arrives at the applicant's email address in PDF form and is usually approved within 31 hours. Travel to the Sultanate of Oman and visit your friends and family, go on vacation, or negotiate future business cooperations with an online visa to Oman.
The Omani government has introduced three online visa types for all travelers to choose from. Applicants can visit Oman with a single-entry or a multiple-entry permit designed for various stay lengths.
Read on to see which Oman eVisa type will best suit your travel needs and apply online within a few minutes from home.
Oman eVisa types
If you're eligible to apply for the Oman eVisa, see what options you have first. Applicants may select one of the following online visa to Oman types:
- a single-entry eVisa for a 10-day stay for 69 Euro
- a single-entry eVisa for a 30-day stay for 99 Euro
- a multiple-entry eVisa with each stay as long as 30 days for 149 Euro
With every type selected, electronic visa holders can travel to Oman for business and tourism-related purposes.
Please note! All US nationals may apply for a multiple-entrance online visa that stays effective for 10 years from the issue date. Moreover, US nationals can stay in Oman for up to 6 months.
List of eligible countries
Nationals of the following countries can submit an Oman visa application online:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Korea, South
- Macau (SAR)
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
Nationals from the following countries may apply for a conditional electronic visa to Oman:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
Please note! Residents of the GCC countries may apply for the Oman eVisa if their profession is listed on the accepted by the Omani government list of occupations.
Should your country of citizenship not be listed above, you must apply for a regular visa at the Oman Embassy.
Oman eVisa application form
Before starting the application process, check if you are eligible to apply, see what are the online Oman visa requirements and which documents should you prepare.
To ensure your eVisa will be quickly approved, follow this simple application guide:
- Select the electronic visa type you want to apply for and fill the application form with your data, passport details, and the necessary travel information. Once you have completed the form, check if everything is correct.
- Make an online payment by choosing any preferred method from several available on our website. See if you have received a confirmation number at the email address provided in the application form.
- eVisa to Oman will arrive at your email box within 72 hours (3 business days) in PDF form. As soon as you get the email notification with your electronic visa, print your entry permit out.
Please make sure that your passport will stay valid throughout the whole duration of your trip to Oman.
Both single-entry eVisas to the Sultanate of Oman stay valid for one month (30 days) from the issue date. Enter Oman within 30 days from the date of your online visa approval.
The multiple-entry eVisa allows each stay to be as long as 30 days and stays effective for one year from the date of its approval.
Please note! All US nationals may apply for a multiple-entry permit that is valid for 10 years and allows numerous 6 months travels.
If you need to enter Oman solely for transit purposes, you do not need an electronic visa as long as you meet the following requirements:
- you have a photo of your onward ticket to the final destination
- your stay for transit won't be longer than 6 hours
Should your stay in the Sultanate of Oman for transit purposes exceed 6 hours, you must apply for an Oman visa online.
Requirements on arrival
After completing the online visa application form and receiving the approved document at your email address in PDF form, tourists should print their electronic visas out. The print-outs can be in black and white.
The customs officials will check if each traveler has the following documents:
- a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months starting from the date of arrival in Oman
- a copy of the printed eVisa to Oman
Once your travel document and eVisa are checked, you will receive a stamp in your passport stating the date of arrival and the date you should make your departure from Oman.
Oman eVisa Sample
Once you submit the application form, it will be processed within a maximum of 72 hours. Moreover, the average time of approval when using our services is just 31 hours! Find theOman eVisa sample below to get more information.
The online Oman visa requirements can be divided into three groups of nationals. Applicant's nationality decides on which documents should he or she prepare and attach to their application.
Nationals eligible for the Oman eVisa must prepare:
– a photo of their valid passport (the bio-data page)
– applicant's face photograph (taken with your phone or a PC camera)
Nationals eligible for the conditional online visa need:
– a photo of the bio-data page from their valid passport
– applicant's face photograph
– a photo of the valid visa/resident permit from one of the Schengen Area countries, the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, or Australia
– a photograph of the return/onward ticket (applicable when applying for a multiple-entry permit)
– proof of having booked hotel accommodation in Oman (applicable to multiple-entry permits)
Residents of the GCC countries must attach:
– a photo of the valid passport's bio-data page
– applicant's face photograph
– a photo of their GCC visa
– a photo of the applicant's GCC ID (both sides)
Please note! Every traveler needs to have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned arrival to Oman.
All copies of the required documents may be attached in form of digital photos taken with a phone or a PC camera!
Get your Oman visa online using our website! If you're still unsure whether you meet the requirements, or have any questions regarding the application process, contact our support team via email or phone. Click the 'Contact' button on the top of the website to reach further details.
- travelers need to apply at least 3 business days in advance of their trip to Oman
- applications for a new Oman eVisa can be submitted only outside of Oman and after the current electronic visa has expired
- whenever your passport expires, should you change any details on it, or lose this document, your online visa to Oman becomes invalid
- Oman eVisa is not a working permit and does not entitle its holders to work in Oman
- should you extend your stay without an appropriate entry permit, you will be charged with a fine of 10 OMR for each additional day of overstay
- Applying for an electronic visa is only possible if the applicant is outside of Oman
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Oman eVisa
- What is the Oman eVisa?
Oman eVisa was designed to facilitate the process of traveling to this Middle East country. Applicants can choose between a single-entry permit for a 10-day stay, a 30-day stay, or an online visa for multiple 30-day entries. Using electronic visas has numerous advantages for all travelers, but most importantly saves your time, money, and energy!
- Do I need an electronic visa for Oman?
If you want to travel to Oman for tourism purposes, to handle your business affairs, or to transit to your final destination, and you come from a country that is listed as eligible for an electronic visa. In that case, you will need to apply for an Oman visa online 3 days before the trip.
- Do children need an eVisa for Oman?
An Oman eVisa is obligatory to have for everyone traveling to the Sultanate of Oman, including children. If you are traveling to Oman with your children, make sure to submit the online visa application for them.
- What documents do I need for the Oman eVisa?
There are two necessary documents that each applicant needs to prepare. Every traveler must have a photograph of themselves and a photo of their valid passport. When it comes to travelers applying for a conditional visa online, or the GCC residents, there are additional documents to prepare. See the 'Required Documents' section for further details.
- How to apply for an Oman visa online?
Once you are prepared with the essential documents on hand, start the application process by choosing the type of online visa for Oman you prefer. Then, fill the application form with your data, attach the supporting documents, and make an online payment using your credit card or any other method. That's all! Now simply wait for your eVisa to get delivered.
- How much does an online Oman visa cost?
The price of the online visa to Oman differs depending on its selected type. For a 10-day single-entry permit, applicants must pay 69 Euro; for the 30-day single-entry eVisa, a 99 Euro fee is applicable, and lastly, the multiple-entrance permitcosts 149 Euro.
- How can I pay for an electronic visa to Oman?
Applicants may choose from various online payment methods available on our website. You can use your credit card, a debit card, PayPal, PayU, or any other secure payment method.
- How long does it take to get an eVisa for Oman?
eVisa to Oman is processed within 72 hours (3 business days) from applying online. However, the average processing time is just 31 hours! Make sure to file your application at least 3 days before your trip to Oman.
- How will I receive the approved Oman eVisa?
As soon as your Oman eVisa gets approved, you will receive your entry permit at the email address provided while applying. The electronic visa gets delivered to each applicant in the form of a PDF file.
- Do I need to print the electronic Oman visa?
Yes, all travelers need to print their electronic Oman visas out before going to the Oman airports. The customs officials will check if you have a copy of your eVisa and a passport valid for at least 6 months from entering the country.
- How long can I stay in Oman with an eVisa?
The permitted length of the stay in the Sultanate of Oman for tourists with electronic entry permits differs based on the online visa type they choose. There are 10-day stays and 30-day stays available.
- How long is an online visa for Oman good for?
The online Oman visas stay valid for 30 days (one month) for both of the single-entry permits. On the contrary, the multiple-entry eVisa stays effective for a whole year and allows its holders to travel to Oman numerous times.
- Can I extend my stay in Oman with an eVisa?
Travelers may apply for a new electronic visa to Oman, provided their previous entry permit has expired, and you are currently outside of Oman. Do not overstay without a valid online visa to avoid being fined with 10 OMR per each day of additional stay.
- Can I get an online visa on arrival in Oman?
The online visa to Oman is not available upon arrival. Apply online for your entry permit at least 3 business days in advance of your trip to Oman to enter the country without any issues. Should you need more information, our support team is available via email and phone.
- What can I do if my Oman eVisa is denied?
If you were eligible to apply, had all of the required documents, and completed the application process correctly, please contact our support team to discuss why your electronic visa was not approved and resolve your issues.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email