Oman eVisa for Canadian Citizens
The introduction of the Oman eVisa system by the Royal Oman Police in 2018 aimed to speed up the process of getting an obligatory travel authorization to Oman. Canadian citizens eligible for an electronic visa to Oman can submit an online application instead of visiting the nearest Omani Embassy in Canada.
Oman eVisa for Canadian citizens functions on the same terms as a regular visa but is way more convenient to obtain since the whole process can be obtained online. Canadians can travel with an online visa to Oman for business or tourism-related activities.
As the entire application process can be completed fully online, Canadians only need to go through 3 simple steps to enjoy their approved visas. Processed Oman eVisas are delivered to the email address of an applicant immediately upon approval. There is no need to handle all formalities on your own since our eVisa experts can do it for you!
How to apply for an eVisa to Oman from Canada?
The first thing you need to do is go to the left-hand application panel and click 'Apply Online.' Now, there are only 3 more steps to follow:
- Filling out the online form: You will be asked to provide some personal information, as well as travel-related details. Fill out every box with the correct answer. Make sure that all the details entered are error-free.
- Paying the processing fee: In order to submit your online visa application, you need to pay a certain amount of money as an eVisa processing fee (that differs according to the selected eVisa type). To do it quickly and comfortably, choose your preferred method of online payment from several available ones.
- Checking the email inbox: When your payment has been processed, go to your email inbox and check for the confirmation number. It should already be there. Your approved Oman eVisa will arrive in your email inbox within maximally 3 business days. Don't forget to refresh your inbox regularly after applying.
Please note:The received Omani eVisa needs to be printed out, and its printed version will be checked by the border authorities when entering Oman.
Oman eVisa processing time and fees for Canadian citizens
Once we receive your payment, and after processing your travel documents with the competent authority in Oman, you will receive your eVisa within 3 business days (in most cases even faster). On average, it should take up to 31 hours.
Please remember that in practice, it is the Royal Oman Police that determines the exact time needed to approve your online visa application. Don't leave your visa formalities until the last moment, and apply early enough to avoid unnecessary complications!
There are three different types of eVisa to Oman and, therefore, three different prices. Canadian travelers who apply for single-entry visas to Oman pay 69 Euro for a 10-day permit or 99 Euro for a 30-day permit. In turn, those who choose multiple-entry eVisas need to cover a 149 Euro fee.
How long can Canadian citizens stay in Oman with an eVisa?
Canadian passport holders are allowed to enter Oman eitheronce or multiple times, it depends on the type of eVisa to Oman they decide to apply for. Canadian citizens can select a 10-day stay or a 30-day stay eVisa.
Both single-entry visa permits to Oman stay effective for 30 days, while multiple-entry visas are issued for 365 days.
Oman eVisa requirements for Canadian citizens
When applying online, Canadian citizens are only obliged to upload two documents to their online Oman eVisa applications. These documents are as follows:
- the applicant's face photo (phone or PC camera photos are acceptable)
- the Canadian passport bio-data page's digital copy
Please remember that your Canadian passport must remain valid for at least 180 days after you enter Oman. Should you plan to change your passport or its expiry date is coming, firstly, renew your document and after that submit an application form for eVisa to Oman.
- Applicants cannot be on the territory of Oman when submitting their eVisa application.
- Underage Canadians cannot apply on their own. Their parents or legal guardians should submit the eVisa applications on their behalf.
- Application for a new visa to Oman is possible only when the previous one has expired.
- eVisa to Oman does not serve as a work permit. You can make a business trip to Oman, but you are not allowed to take up employment there.
- In case of overstaying your eVisa illegally ( i.e., without a special permit), you will be fined 10 OMR for each day of your overstay.
- You can obtain an eVisa on arrival in Oman at the Muscat International Airport. However, getting an eVisa in advance will save you time and money.
Is it safe to use Evisa Express to get an Oman eVisa?
If you are still thinking about whether to choose Evisa Express to get your online visa, please remember that we are one of the leading companies in this industry that can assist you with travel eVisas to different destinations around the globe.
The vast experience we have gathered over the years allows us to make your traveling as pleasant and effortless as possible, which is why 98% of our applicants receive approved visas to Oman.