Vietnam eVisa Online
Vietnam eVisa information
Vietnam eVisa is an electronic visa introduced in February of 2017 for foreigners who want to enter Vietnam for tourism, business, or transit purposes for no more than 30 days.
The online application enables travelers to apply for a visa with a valid passport and saves a considerable amount of time and expense.
Vietnam eVisa is a single entry visa that allows visits of up to 30 days. Its validity period is 30 days as well.
Eligible travelers should make their visa applications online using a phone or any other working device. The approved document will then be delivered to each applicant via email.
Thanks to the Vietnam electronic visa system, eVisa holders do not need to pay for the stamping fees or wait in long lines upon their arrival!
Vietnam eVisa types
Vietnam eVisa comes in one type, and that is a single-entry permit for stays of 30 days that is processed within 5 business days.
Every Vietnam eVisa holder may use their entry permit for the following purposes:
- tourism: any leisure-related activities are allowed with the electronic Vietnam visa. Go on vacation, stay for up to 30 days while visiting your friends and family, or exploring the country as a tourist.
- business: for all visits in Vietnam related to handling business affairs. Whether you will need to discuss future cooperations, look for new business opportunities, or negotiate a contract, eVisa will enable you to do all of that!
- transit: anyone traveling through Vietnam to reach their final destination can use an online visa to secure their entry to the country.
The average processing time when using our online visa service is a few days! Moreover, the rate of successfully approved applications is at 99% thanks to our team thoroughly checking each form for correctness.
IMPORTANT: If the date of your trip to Vietnam is very soon, you can choose the rush visa service (2-3 business days)or the emergency super rush visa service (30 business hours). Contact our support team for more information.
List of eligible countries
Check if your country is listed below to see if you can make an online application for the Vietnam eVisa:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- East Timor
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Korea, South
- Macau (SAR)
- Macedonia (North)
- Marshall Islands
- Myanmar (Burma)
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
* Except Chinese e-passport holders.
Certain countriesmay enter Vietnam visa-free provided their stay won't be longer than a stipulated length of visit:
- Chile: for visits of up to 90 days
- Cambodia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand: stays of up to 30 days
- Philippines: up to 21 days
- Brunei, Myanmar: up to 14 days
- Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Spain, South Korea, Japan, Germany, Norway, Russia, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy: up to 15 days
Please note! For citizens that can stay in Vietnam for up to 15 days, each visit must be separated by a 30-day break.
Should you need a stay longer than 14, 15, or 21 days, you must apply for an electronic visa before your trip takes place.
Vietnam eVisa application form
To enter Vietnam, make an online visa application from home or any other place using any working device. Submitting the eVisa application will take you just a few minutes, and our team will take care of the rest!
Spare a few minutes and follow this quick process of applying to get your approved online visa delivered straight to your email box:
- Choose the purpose of your travel (business or tourism) and start putting the necessary data in the application form. Next, attach the applicant's face photo and a photo of your valid passport's bio-data page.
- Cover the 79 Euro eVisa fee using any preferred secure method of online payment.
- Check your email address for the confirmation number. The electronic visa to Vietnam arrives as a PDF document at the applicant's email address. Make sure to print the received document and have it with you on arrival.
The processing time may take up to 5 business days; thus, make sure to apply at least 5 days in advance of your Vietnam travel. The average processing time is a few days when using our service.
Our support team is available to all travelers at every step of the process of applying online. Should you have any questions, doubts, or concerns, please contact us via email or phone!
The single-entry eVisa to Vietnam allows a 30-day stay in the country. The validity period is also 30 days long.
The electronic visa to Vietnam stays valid for one month, and the validity begins on the day before your planned date of entering the country. Travelers must leave before their entry permit expires.
Put the planned arrival date correctly while filling the application form to make sure your online visa will be appropriately valid.
The Vietnam eVisa may be extended, provided the applicants pay the additional extension fees. Contact the local Immigration Department Office for more information.
Travelers that need to pass through Vietnam to reach their final destination must apply for an electronic visa first.
Apply at least 5 business days in advance of your trip to make sure you will receive your entry permit on time.
Requirements on arrival
Travelers entering Vietnam should have prepared two documents upon their arrival:
- a valid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months beyond the planned entry date
- a printed Vietnam eVisa copy
The electronic Vietnam visa holders do not need to cover the additional stamp fees upon arrival and can avoid the long lines of the visa on arrival points!
Ports accepting eVisas
Applicants should choose one of the following ports of entry to Vietnam and indicate the selected point on their online visa application.
International Airports:Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)
Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)
Can Tho International Airport
Da Nang International AirportNoi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)
Phu Bai Int Airport
Phu Quoc International Airport
Tân Sơn Nhất Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
Border Crossings:Bo Y
La LayLao Bao
Nam CanSong Tien
Seaports:Chan May Seaport
Da Nang Seaport
Duong Dong Seaport
Cam Pha SeaportHai Phong
Ho Chi Minh City
Nghi Son SeaportNha Trang
Quy Nhon Seaport
Vung Tau Seaport
Vung Ang Seaport
If you wish to enter Vietnam through a different entry point than the one declared on the application form (even if it's the same type of entry point), it is recommended to make a new application as your eVisa may not be considered valid.
Vietnam eVisa Sample
Travel to Vietnam to visit your friends and family, go on vacation, or take on a business project. Get your visa online following a simple 3-step process and receive the approved document at your email address! TheVietnam eVisa sample below shows how the processed entry permit will look like.
Vietnam eVisa requirements are elementary and easy to meet
To make a successful online application, prepare just two documents:
- a digital photo of the valid passport's bio-data page
- applicant's face photograph
Please note! Our team of online visa experts adjusts the files received. That is why all applicants may take photos of their valid passports and themselves with their phone or a PC camera!
- Online visa applications must be made at least 5 business days in advance of your planned trip to Vietnam
- Vietnam visitors need to have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of arrival
- Electronic visas are accepted in specified ports of entry to Vietnam
- Applicants may change the selected port of entry, provided it's the same type of entry point. To change the way you want to travel to Vietnam, you will need to make a new online visa application
- Everyone traveling to Vietnam must have a separate eVisa, including children
- Vietnam eVisa extension is possible upon covering the additional fee; contact the Immigration Department Office to extend the validity of your entry permit
- See the frequently asked questions section for more information on our electronic visa services and further information on obtaining the Vietnam visa online
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Vietnam eVisa
Vietnam eVisa is an obligatory document to have upon entering this Southeast Asian country. The electronic visa is a single-entry permit that stays valid for 30 days. Having an online visa allows travelers to avoid the stamping fee and long lines after arrival.
If your country is not listed as one that can enter Vietnam visa-free, you will need to make an online visa application. Check which countries may enter Vietnam without an entry permit and find out whether you will need an eVisa.
All travelers need the single-entry eVisa to visit Vietnam, including children. Underage travelers' parents or guardians should make the online visa application for them.
To make a Vietnam eVisa application, take a photo of yourself with a phone or a PC camera and prepare a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from the date of arrival. These two documents are everything applicants need to gather.
To apply for a Vietnam visa online, first, check if you meet the requirements. Next, fill the application form and provide some basic personal data, travel information, and attach your photograph and a passport data page photo. Lastly, make sure that the form is correctly completed and make the payment to cover the fees.
The electronic Vietnam visa costs 79 Euro for an entry permit that allows a 30-day stay. Applicants are free to choose from several secure online payment methods to cover the fees. Use your credit card, debit card, PayPal, PayU, or any other payment method available.
Once approved, the electronic visa to Vietnam will be delivered directly to your email box in PDF form. Make sure to provide an email address that is active to receive your entry permit without any issues or delays.
Vietnam eVisa processing time can take up to 5 business days. Handle your entry permit online by submitting your application using your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet at least 5 days before your travel. The average processing time for the electronic Vietnam visa is a few days!
The online Vietnam visa must be printed out for the customs officials to check it at the entry point you'll be arriving at. Travelers must have a copy of their entry permit on arrival along with their valid passports.
Vietnam eVisa allows its holders to stay in the country for up to 30 days (one month). Travelers can visit their friends and family, go on a 30-day vacation, or even negotiate future contracts.
The electronic visa for Vietnam stays valid for 30 days (one month). The validity period starts on the day before the indicated by the applicant date of arrival into Vietnam. Make sure to use your eVisa within the validity period.
Yes, upon covering an additional fee, Vietnam eVisas can be extended. For more information, please contact the local Immigration Department Office.
If you have applied for your Vietnam visa online but haven't been successful, please contact our support team via email or phone to help you resolve the issues with your eVisa approval. Make sure that your travel document, i.e., your passport, is valid for at least 6 months and all the data provided was correct.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa to Vietnam
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email