Vietnam eVisa Online
Vietnam eVisa: Basic information
Since February of 2017, all travelers visiting Vietnam may obtain their visas for both tourism and business purposes online. Let the professionals handle your entry permit for you while you plan your trip to Vietnam and pack your bags!
Fill an online form with the necessary data within a few minutes from home and wait while our team of visa experts takes care of your Vietnam eVisa.
Vietnam visa in an electronic form allows a single entry to Vietnam for up to 30 days and costs just 79 Euro. Make your visa application online using your phone or any other working device, and receive your visa at your e-mail box.
Moreover, thanks to the Vietnam electronic visa system, e-Visa holders do not need to pay the stamping fees or wait in long lines upon arrival in Vietnam!
Vietnam eVisa types
Vietnam eVisa comes in one type, and that is a single-entry visa for stays of 30 days in Vietnam that is processed within 5 business days.
Every Vietnam eVisa holder may use the visa permit for the following purposes:
- tourism: any leisure-related activities are allowed with the Vietnam eVisa. Going on vacation, staying for up to 30 days while visiting your Vietnam friends and family, or exploring Vietnam as a tourist.
- business: for all visits in Vietnam related to handling business affairs. Whether you will need to discuss future cooperations, look for new business opportunities, or negotiate a contract, e-Visa to Vietnam will enable you to do all of that!
- transit: anyone traveling through Vietnam to reach their final destination can use the Vietnam eVisa to secure their entry to the country.
The average processing time when using our visa service is just 68 hours! Moreover, the rate of successfully approved Vietnam visa applications is at 99% thanks to our team thoroughly checking each form for correctness.
List of eligible countries
Check if your country is listed below to see if you can make an online application for the Vietnam eVisa:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- East Timor
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Korea, South
- Macau (SAR)
- Macedonia (North)
- Marshall Islands
- Myanmar (Burma)
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
* Except Chinese e-passport holders.
Certain countries may enter Vietnam visa-free provided their stay won't be longer than a stipulated length of visit:
- Chile: for visits of up to 90 days
- Cambodia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand: stays of up to 30 days
- Philippines: up to 21 days
- Brunei, Myanmar: up to 14 days
- Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Spain, South Korea, Japan, Germany, Norway, Russia, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy: up to 15 days
Please note! For citizens that can stay in Vietnam for up to 15 days, each visit must be separated by a 30-day break.
Should you need a stay longer than 14, 15, or 21 days, you must apply for an electronic visa to Vietnam.
Vietnam eVisa application
To enter Vietnam, make an online visa application from home or any other place using any working device. Submitting the visa application will take you just a few minutes, and our team will take care of the rest!
Spare a few minutes and follow this quick process of applying to get your approved visa delivered at your e-mail address:
- Choose the purpose of your travel (business or tourism purpose) and start putting the necessary data in the application form. Attach the applicant's photo and a photo of your valid passport's bio-data page.
- Pay the 79 Euro visa fee using any preferred secure method of online payment.
- Check your e-mail address for the confirmation number. e-Visa to Vietnam arrives as a PDF document at applicants' e-mail boxes. Make sure to print the Vietnam entry permit and have it with you on arrival.
The processing time may take up to 5 business days; thus, make sure to apply at least 5 days in advance of your Vietnam travel. The average processing time is just 68 hours when using our service.
Our support team is available to all travelers at every step of the process of applying online. Should you have any questions, doubts, or concerns, contact our support team via e-mail or phone!
Vietnam eVisa validity
The single-entry e-Visa to Vietnam allows a 30-day stay in the country. The validity period is also 30 days long.
Vietnam eVisa is valid for one month, and the validity begins on the day before your planned date of entry into Vietnam. Travelers must leave Vietnam on the last day of visa validity.
Put the planned arrival date in Vietnam correctly while filling the application form to make sure your visa will be appropriately valid.
Vietnam visa may be extended, provided the applicants pay the additional extension fees. Contact the local Immigration Department Office for more information.
Travelers that need to pass through Vietnam to reach their final destination must apply for an electronic visa to Vietnam.
Apply at least 5 business days in advance of your travel to make sure you will receive your Vietnam entry permit on time.
Requirements on arrival
Travelers entering Vietnam should have prepared two documents upon their arrival:
- a valid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months beyond the planned entry date
- a printed Vietnam eVisa copy
e-Visa to Vietnam holders do not need to pay the additional stamp fees upon arrival and can avoid the long lines of the Vietnam visa on arrival points!
Ports accepting e-Visas
Applicants should choose one of the following ports of entry to Vietnam and indicate the selected port of entry on their visa application.
International Airports:Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)
Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)
Can Tho International Airport
Da Nang International AirportNoi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)
Phu Bai Int Airport
Phu Quoc International Airport
Tân Sơn Nhất Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
Border Crossings:Bo Y
La LayLao Bao
Nam CanSong Tien
Seaports:Chan May Seaport
Da Nang Seaport
Duong Dong Seaport
Cam Pha SeaportHai Phong
Ho Chi Minh City
Nghi Son SeaportNha Trang
Quy Nhon Seaport
Vung Tau Seaport
Vung Ang Seaport
You can change the entry point you have selected, provided it's the same type of entry point. To change the way of travel, e.g., from air to sea, you will need to apply for a new visa to Vietnam.
Vietnam eVisa Sample
Vietnam e-Visa requirements are elementary and easy to gather
To make a successful online application, prepare just two documents:
- a digital photo of the valid passport's bio-data page
- applicant's face photograph
Please note! Our team of visa experts adjusts the files received. Applicants may take photos of their valid passports and themselves with their phone or a PC camera!
- applications must be made at least 5 business days in advance of your planned travel to Vietnam
- the average processing time is just 68 hours upon using our visa service
- Vietnam visitors need to have a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the intended arrival in Vietnam
- electronic visas are accepted in specified ports of entry to Vietnam
- applicants may change the selected port of entry, provided it's the same type of entry point. To change the way you want to travel to Vietnam, you will need to make a new visa application
- everyone traveling to Vietnam must have a separate Vietnam visa, including children
- Vietnam e-Visa extension is possible upon paying the additional fee; contact the Vietnam Immigration Department Office to extend your Vietnam visa
- See the frequently asked questions section for more information on our visa service and further information on obtaining the Vietnam visa online
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Vietnam eVisa
- What is Vietnam eVisa?
Vietnam eVisa is an obligatory document to have to enter Vietnam. e-Visa to Vietnam is a single-entry permit that stays valid for 30 days. Having an electronic visa allows travelers to avoid the stamping fee in Vietnam.
- Do I need a visa for Vietnam?
If your country is not listed as the ones that can enter Vietnam visa-free, you will need to make an online application for the Vietnam visa. Check which countries may enter Vietnam without a visa and see if your country is listed.
- Do children need an eVisa for Vietnam?
All travelers need a single-entry visa to visit Vietnam, including children. Underage travelers' parents or guardians should make the visa application for them.
- What documents do I need for Vietnam eVisa?
To make an e-Visa application, take a photo of yourself with a phone or a PC camera and prepare a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months from the date of arriving in Vietnam. These two documents are all Vietnam e-Visa applicants need to gather.
- How to apply for a Vietnam visa?
See if you meet the visa requirements and start by filling the application form. Provide the basic personal data, travel information, and attach your photograph and a passport data page photo. Make sure that the form is filled with correct data and make the payment. e-Visa will arrive at your e-mail box.
- How much does a Vietnam visa cost?
Vietnam eVisa costs 79 Euro for a visa that allows a 30-day stay in Vietnam. Applicants are free to choose from several secure online payment methods to pay the visa fees. Use your credit card, debit card, PayPal, or any other payment method available.
- How will I receive Vietnam eVisa?
Once approved, an e-Visa to Vietnam will be delivered directly to your e-mail address in a PDF form. Make sure to provide an e-mail address that is active to receive your entry permit without any issues or delays.
- How long does it take to get Vietnam eVisa?
Vietnam eVisa processing time can take up to 5 business days. Handle your e-Visa online by making an e-Visa application using your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet at least 5 days before your travel. The average processing time for the Vietnam e-Visa is just 68 hours!
- Do I need to print Vietnam eVisa?
The electronic type of visa to Vietnam must be printed out for the customs officials to check at the entry point you'll be arriving at. Travelers must have a copy of their Vietnam visa on arrival and a valid passport.
- How long can I stay in Vietnam with an eVisa?
Vietnam eVisa allows its holders to stay in the country for up to 30 days (one month). Travelers can visit their Vietnam friends and family, go on a 30-day vacation, or even negotiate future contracts in Vietnam.
- How long is an e-Visa for Vietnam good for?
e-Visa to Vietnam stays valid for 30 days (one month). The validity period starts on the day before the indicated by the applicant date of arrival into Vietnam. Make sure to use your visa within the validity period.
- Can I extend my stay in Vietnam with my e-Visa?
Yes, upon paying an additional fee, Vietnam visas can be extended. For more information, contact the local Vietnam Immigration Department Office.
- What can I do if my Vietnam eVisa is denied?
If you have applied for your e-Visa online but haven't been successful, contact our support team via e-mail or phone to help you resolve the issues with your visa approval. Make sure that your travel document, i.e., your passport, is valid for at least 6 months and all the data you provided was correct.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa to Vietnam
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make online payment
- Check your email