Bahamas Health Visa Online Application
Bahamas Health Visa: Basic information
The Bahamas Health Visa is a mandatory travel authorization document that allows its holders to visit the Bahamas during the Covid-19 pandemic. The Bahamas Travel Health Visa was introduced in 2020 as one of the safety measures of the island country.
Travelers may visit the Bahamas on a commercial flight, private plane, or boat. However, each visitor needs to adjust to the latest health and safety arrangements and apply for the Bahamas Health Travel Visa at least 3 business days (72 hours) in advance of their travel.
The form ensures the Bahamas Government that each incoming visitor is healthy and that their visit is completely safe. Moreover, while in the Bahamas, everyone should practice social distancing, wash hands often, and wear face masks while in public. (Not applicable on beaches and during exercising).
The BHTV can be issued as a single-entry travel authorization for 5 or 30 days of stay, with a maximum validity of one month.
Travelers planning a trip to the Bahamas should submit their application for the BHTV online following three simple steps. The whole application process takes just a few minutes and the approved document is delivered to each applicant via email.
Bahamas Health Visa types
Two types of travel health visas to the Bahamas are available to citizens from any country in the world.
All travelers may choose between two Bahama travel health visa. Each one differs in the length of the stay allowed. There is a:
- a single-entry visa for a stay of under 5 days
- a single-entry visa for a stay longer than 5 days (a maximum length of the stay is 30 days)
Choose a Bahamas health visa that corresponds to the length of your stay in the Bahamas.
Please note that if your stay is longer than 5 days, you will need to take a rapid Covid-19 antigen test every 5 days of your stay.
Health Visa application
Fortunately, travelers who wish to visit the Bahamas may make an online application for the Bahamas Health Travel Visa from the comfort of their home.
Find out what are the required documents to prepare before applying.
Use any working device; make sure that you have a stable internet connection and start applying. Every Bahamas visitor over the age of 10 needs to have a negative Covid-19 RT PCR test result.
The test must be taken within 5 days prior to entering the Bahamas. Thus, ensure you have the negative rest results on hand while applying online.
Bahamas Health Travel Visa application guide to follow:
- Apply online by filling and submitting an online form. The data that needs to be provided in the form is listed below the application process guide. Make sure that your application is error-free before submitting it.
- Pay the fees with any online payment method that you want to choose.
- Wait for your Bahamas Health Visa to arrive at your email address. The processing time may take up to 72 hours. Apply at least 3 business days in advance of your travel.
Data to include in an online application form:
- personal data,
- phone number,
- an emergency contact information,
- travel information,
- information concerning the applicant's health (including details about any possible contact with a person infected with Covid-19),
- applicant's flight number
Make sure to attach the negative PCR test results in your application form!
Health Visa validity period
The validity period differs according to what Bahamas travel health visa should you choose.
- the single-entry that allows a 5-day stay stays effective for 5 days
- the single-entry Bahamas travel health visa that allows a visit over 5 days to a maximum of 30 days stays valid for 30 days
The Bahamas Health Travel Visa serves as a single-entry permit and allows a maximum stay of 30 days. Please note that you will need to apply for a Bahamas travel health visa each time you will enter the Bahamas, as it's valid for only one entry.
Important! Every 5 days, the travelers are obliged to take a rapid antigen test to make sure they're free from the virus.
Requirements on arrival
The Bahamas Travel Health Visa is an obligatory form to have for everyone crossing the Bahamas border.
However, it does not serve as a visa for citizens of countries who need a visa to visit the Bahamas.
If you're traveling from a country that needs a visa, please contact your local embassy to obtain your visa.
The health travel visa serves as a document implemented due to the current safety and health restrictions regarding the Covid-19 pandemic.
Have your health visa on hand during your whole visit to the Bahamas. It states the most crucial information about your present health state.
The customs officials will check if each passenger has the following documents upon visiting the Bahamas:
- a valid passport that will not expire for the next 6 months beyond the planned entry to the Bahamas date
- a negative Covid-19 RT PCR test result (taken in a maximum of 5 days prior to the travel)
- a copy of the Bahamas Health Visa (it is recommended to have a printed copy in case of any issues with a device on which you have your health visa saved)
- a mandatory health insurance
Make sure that you meet all of the entry requirements before traveling to the Bahamas.
Please note! Every 5 days during your trip to the Bahamas, you will be obliged to take a Covid-19 antigen test.
List of eligible countries
Travelers from every country worldwide, returning citizens, and residents must apply at least 3 business days in advance for the Bahamas Health Travel Visa.
Due to the present Covid-19 situation, every passenger needs to present a valid Bahamas Health Travel Visa upon arrival.
The form contains necessary information about travelers. It makes it possible for appropriate authorities to contact you if you need to go on quarantine or if someone you have traveled with developed any Covid-19 symptoms.
To stop the spread of Covid-19 and make your travel to the Bahamas safe, make sure to apply for the Bahamas Health Travel Visa prior to your visit.
Please note! The Bahamas Health Visa is also required for all domestic inter-island travelers.
See what documents do you need to attach to your application to ensure it will be positively approved. Before you apply for a Bahamas health travel visa online, gather the necessary documents, which are:
- a negative Covid-19 RT PCR test result
- a passport valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of arrival in the Bahamas
Make sure to have all of your travel details ready and the information regarding your current health state. Including information if you were in contact with anyone infected with the Covid-19.
Apply online for a Bahamas health visa after collecting the essential documents described in this section.
- the Bahamas health visa does not replace a visa for citizens of countries that need a visa to travel to the Bahamas (should you need a visa, you will need to present two documents on arrival in the Bahamas, a valid visa and a valid health visa)
- travelers are obliged to take the Covid-19 antigen test every 5 days during their travel
- if your stay will be shorter than 5 days, you will not need to take the antigen test on your trip
- every applicant must attach a negative Covid-19 RT PCR test result to their application. The test needs to be taken in a maximum of 5 days prior to your trip to the Bahamas
- when traveling to the Bahamas, there is a mandatory health insurance requirement for all travelers
- remember to practice social distancing, wear a mask where it's obligatory in the Bahamas, wash your hands often, and abide by all of the safety rules implemented by the Bahamas government
- children under the age of 10 do not need to take the Covid-19 RT PCR test
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process There are three easy steps to get your Health Visa to Bahamas. Any issues during the application process can be addressed by contacting our support team.
- Qualified team of expertsA qualified team oversees the processing of every application.
- Guarantee of serviceIf an application is unable to be processed, reimbursement is provided according to the conditions set out by our Terms of Service.
FAQ about Bahamas health visa
- What is the Bahamas health visa?
The Bahamas health visa is an obligatory entry document to have for everyone traveling to the Bahamas. It does not replace a visa; if you need a visa, contact your local embassy, and have the two documents upon entering the Bahamas. It has been implemented due to the Covid-19 pandemic and helps the Bahamas authorities monitor the travelers' health.
- When should I apply for the Bahamas health visa?
The processing time may take up to 72 hours (3 business days); thus, make sure to apply at least 3 business days in advance. Every applicant needs to attach a negative Covid-19 RT PCR test result taken in a maximum of 5 days prior to the travel. Anyone with a Covid-19 test taken more than 5 days before their trip will be denied entry.
- How to apply for the Bahamas health visa online?
Take the Covid-19 test, gather all of the essential documents described in the 'Required documents' section, and start applying by filling an online form with your data. Then, pay the health visa fees and wait for your approved Bahamas health visa to arrive at your email address.
- How long does it take to apply for the Bahamas health visa?
Travelers who have taken the Covid-19 test and have collected all of the required documents to make a successful application should spare just a few minutes to complete the process of applying online. Our team of experts always double-checks each application to make sure it's error-free and arrives to every traveler quickly.
- How will I receive the Bahamas health visa?
Apply for a Bahamas health visa from the comfort of your home and receive your health visa at the email address provided in the application form. Print it out or keep it on your mobile device to present it to the customs officials upon arrival.
- What documents do I need for the Bahamas health visa?
All applicants need to have a valid passport that will not expire for at least six months starting from the entry to the Bahamas date. Moreover, every traveler needs a negative Covid-19 RT PCR test result. Please note that additionally, an antigen test will be taken every 5 days on your travel.
- How can I pay for the Bahamas health visa?
There are several online payment methods that all applicants can choose between. You can use PayPal, a credit card, a debit card, or any other method available. Should you have any questions about making the payment for the Bahamas health visa, contact our support team via email or phone.
- Where can I read more about the Bahamas health visa?
You can read more about the Bahamas health visa on the official website https://travel.gov.bs/. Should you need more information about applying online, requirements to meet before you apply, an antigen test, or entry requirements, do not hesitate to contact our support team available via email or phone.
- How long is the Bahamas health visa valid for?
The Bahamas health visa for a stay of up to 5 days stays effective for 5 days. Whereas the single-entry permit that allows a stay longer than 5 days stays valid for 30 days. Please remember that every 5 days of your stay, an antigen test needs to be taken to make sure everyone is free from Covid-19.
- Do children also need to have a Bahamas health visa?
Yes, every traveler visiting the Bahamas needs to have a Bahamas health visa. Applications for underage travelers should be made by their parents or guardians. Make sure that you meet all of the requirements and have gathered the necessary documents to receive your health visa quickly and without any issues.
- Do I need to take a PCR COVID-19 Test before traveling to the Bahamas?
Yes. One of the entry requirements for the Bahamas is attaching the negative results of the Covid-19 PCR test. Make sure to take the test within 5 days before your travel and attach a copy to your application. Tests taken more than 5 days of the trip will not be accepted.
- Is it mandatory to apply for the Bahamas health visa before traveling to the Bahamas?
Yes. Everyone traveling to the Bahamas needs to have a Bahamas health visa. Even returning Bahamas citizens and residents need to have a health visa with them. The customs officials will check if you have a health visa, negative test results, mandatory health insurance, and a valid passport. Make sure that you are prepared before leaving to visit the Bahamas.
Three easy steps to get your Health Visa online
- Apply onlineFill out basic information on your citizenship and purpose for travel.
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online paymentWe accept both credit and debit cards and other convenient methods of payment.
- Check your emailOnce your payment is confirmed, the health visa will be sent to the email address you provided in your application.