eVisa to Rwanda: Basic Information
eVisa to Rwanda guarantees a quick and efficient visa handling experience for all travellers. Every passport holder can apply online for eVisa for Rwanda to cross the Rwanda border without any issues.
Electronic visa serves as an acceptable travel document; there is no need to visit the embassy of Rwanda and trouble oneself with an excessive amount of paperwork or long queues. There are four eVisa to Rwanda types, for both tourism and business purposes.
The price for Rwanda eVisa differs depending on which eVisa type you choose and on your nationality. It can be 39 Euro, 99 Euro, 129 Euro, or 149 Euro.
Rwanda eVisa types
As was mentioned in the previous section, eVisa to Rwanda can be divided into four different types. Travellers from all over the world can choose between:
- Single-entry visa: this visa type allows a single-entry into Rwanda for a maximum of 30 days.
- Conference visa: it also serves as a single-entry visa with a maximum stay of 30 days; however, it is issued for all business purposes, including attending business meetings, conferences, or negotiating a contract.
- Multiple-entry visa: enables travellers to enter Rwanda numerous times. A multiple-entry visa is valid for 90 days.
- East African Visa: designated for all travellers that want to visit Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda with just one visa permit. It allows multiple entries to the three countries. Travelling between and within them can be done for tourism purposes only (including family visits)—a validity period of 90 days.
List of eligible countries
Travellers from all over the world can apply online for an eVisa to Rwanda using our services. The only condition to meet is having a valid passport. Your passport cannot expire for the next 6 months forth from the planned entry to the Rwanda date.
Please note that the visa price may differ depending on your nationality.
eVisa Rwanda application form
Rwanda visa online application process is straightforward and effortless. Prepare the necessary documents described in the 'Required Documents' section and start the application process.
You can use any working device with a stable internet connection to complete the application process within minutes from home!
Follow these steps to apply for a Rwanda visa:
- Fill in an online application form with your data, passport details, e-mail address, and the purpose of your travel. Attach additional documents if necessary. Please ensure that you have putthe correct information in the application form to ensure successful approval without delays.
- Make an online payment by choosing any of the several online payment methods available on our website.
- All applicants receive a confirmation number once the payment registers. eVisa to Rwanda is delivered directly to your e-mail box within a maximum of 72 hours (3 business days).
Rwanda eVisa arrives at your e-mail address in a PDF version, print it out, and take it with you to the airport or on the road.
eVisa validity period
In all entry visa to Rwanda types, the validity period starts upon the planned entry to Rwanda. Each applicant states the intended entry date in the application form.
The single-entry visa and the Conference visa are valid for 30 days from the stated entry date to Rwanda. Multiple-entry visas and the East Africa Visa are valid for 90 days (three months), starting on the first entrance to Rwanda.
Transit visa information
Transit in Rwanda does not require additional documents if the traveller is not leaving the transit zone. Suppose you need to leave the transit area while at the airport; you will need to obtain a transit visa at an airport.
Contact the airlines you plan on travelling with to learn more about the transit visa handling process.
Requirements on arrival
Upon entering Rwanda, two documents will be controlled by the customs officials. Each traveller has to have a printed eVisa to Rwanda and a valid passport for at least 6 months from the entry date.
Ports accepting eVisa to Rwanda
There is a list of airports and land border crossing points that accept electronic visa permits as an acceptable travel document. Plan your journey to cross the border using any of the following ports to ensure issue-free entry.
- Kamembe International Airport
- Kigali International Airport
Border crossing points:
- Kanyaru bas
- Kanyaru haut
- La Corniche
- Poids Lourds
- Rusizi I
- Rusizi II
The most important document to have when applying online for eVisa for Rwanda is a valid passport. Your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months from the intended entry to the Rwanda date.
Before applying, please prepare the following documents:
- a scan or a photograph of the valid passport bio-data page
- applicant's photograph (recent and complying with passport photo standards): only needed when applying for a Conference visa or the East Africa Visa.
- To ensure a successful application, please apply at least 3 days (72 hours) in advance
- Each traveller need to file a separate visa application
- Print out the PDF version of eVisa to Rwanda and take it with you for customs officials control
- Rwanda eVisa can be extended at the closest land or air border point or any Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration. Prolong your visa before the eVisa expiry date.
- eVisa to Rwanda does not serve as a working permit
- The validity period starts on the date of entry to Rwanda; not on the date of issue
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about Rwanda eVisa
- What is the Rwanda eVisa?
Rwanda eVisa is an electronic acceptable travel document that enables travellers worldwide to visit Rwanda. There are four types of eVisa to Rwanda permit for both tourism and business purposes. And both multiple-entry and single-entry permits. Choose the most suitable option for you and file your application online within minutes! eVisa arrives straight at your e-mail address.
- Who needs an eVisa to Rwanda?
Every traveller with a valid passport that wants to travel to Rwanda needs a visa permit. All applicants that wish to use eVisa to Rwanda as a travel document for either tourism or business purposes should apply online. You can travel for 30 days or 90 days.
- How to apply for an eVisa for Rwanda?
The visa application process consists of three steps. First, prepare all essential documents (a scan of a photo of the valid passport and applicant's photo if necessary). Start filling the application form with your data and make sure you put all of the information correctly. Pay the handling visa charges that differ depending on the visa type and your nationality. Lastly, check your inbox for eVisa to Rwanda in a PDF version.
- What documents do I need to apply for a Rwanda eVisa?
The required documents differ among the Rwanda eVisa types. You will need a valid passport with a validity of at least 6 months from the planned entry date. If you want to apply for a Conference visa or the East Africa Visa, the applicant's photograph is also required.
- Is it easy to get a Rwanda visa?
If you comply with the visa requirements and have a working device with an internet connection, applying online should take you just a few minutes. The application process is intuitive and easy. Should you have any questions, our support team is available 24/7.
- How long can I stay in Rwanda with an eVisa?
Depending on the visa type you choose, the length of your stay will differ. For the two single-entry eVisa to Rwanda types, your visit can last 30 days. If you select one of the multiple-entry visa types, you can stay in Rwanda for 90 days.
- How long does it take to get a Rwanda eVisa?
Rwanda eVisa processing time may take up to 3 business days (72 hours). If you enter the correct data in the application form, the approval time should be shorter. Please note that the final processing time depends on the government of the Republic of Rwanda.
- How long is an eVisa for Rwanda good for?
Rwanda eVisa validity is either 30 days or 90 days, depending on whether you choose a single entrance or a multiple-entry visa. The visa validity period starts on the stated in the application form, planned entry date.
- How much is an eVisa to Rwanda?
eVisa to Rwanda price differs according to what visa type you choose and your nationality. The final price is set out upon completing the application form. It can be either 39 Euro, 99 Euro, 129 Euro, or 149 Euro.
- How will I receive a Rwanda eVisa?
Rwanda eVisa, once approved, will be sent directly to your e-mail box. Make sure you have put an e-mail address that you have access to get eVisa in a PDF version once it's sent.
- Do children need an eVisa for Rwanda?
Every applicant that plans on travelling to Rwanda needs an eVisa permit. For all underage travellers, their parents or guardians need to file the application.
- What can I do if my Rwanda eVisa is denied?
Should your application fail to be approved, we grant reimbursement as per our Terms of Service. Contact our support team to discuss why your application was denied and solve the issue.
- Can I extend my stay in Rwanda with my eVisa?
You can extend your stay in Rwanda in any air or land border crossing point or any Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration place. Please make sure to extend your stay before your eVisa to Rwanda expires.
- Can I get a visa to Rwanda on arrival?
You can get your visa to Rwanda on arrival. However, it's far more secure to apply online for an eVisa to Rwanda before travelling to ensure a successful border crossing. You will omit waiting in long queues and stress connected with visa handling on arrival.
- I'm a UK citizen, do I need a Rwanda eVisa?
All UK citizens need a visa to enter Rwanda, either handled on arrival or a few days prior to your travel. eVisa to Rwanda is easily accessible without the need to visit the Rwandan embassy.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email