Rwanda eVisa Application
Rwanda eVisa Information
The Rwanda eVisa is an electronic visa implemented by the Government of Rwanda on the 1st January 2018 to permit foreign nationals to enter Rwanda through the international airports in Kigali and all entry points along the border.
Rwanda introduced the electronic visa system to help travelers obtain their visas in a much quicker and easier way via a simple online process.
There are four eVisa to Rwanda types for both tourism and business purposes usage.
eVisa for Rwanda comes in the form of a single-entry and multiple-entry visa that grants 30 or 90 days of stay within the country depending on its type. The validity period for Rwanda electronic visas ranges from 30 to 90 days as well.
Tourists, business travelers, and those visiting friends and relatives can now use eVisas to travel to Rwanda.
With eVisa, there is no need to visit the Embassy of Rwanda and trouble oneself with an excessive amount of paperwork or long waiting lines. The whole application process can be completed online within minutes from home, with the approved document arriving at one's email address.
The price for the online visa to Rwanda differs depending on which type you choose and on your nationality.
Rwanda eVisa types
As was mentioned in the previous section, the online Rwanda visa can be divided into four different types. Travelers from all over the world can choose between a:
- Single-entry eVisa: allows a single-entry into Rwanda for a maximum of 30 days.
- Conference eVisa: serves as a single-entry permit for a stay of 30 days; however, it is issued for all business purposes, including attending business meetings, conferences, or negotiating a contract.
- Multiple-entry eVisa: enables travelers to enter Rwanda numerous times. The multiple-entry permit stays valid for 90 days.
- East African Online Visa: designated for all travelers that want to visit Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda with just one entry permit. It allows multiple entries to the three countries. Traveling between and within them can be done for tourism purposes only (including family visits)—it has a validity period of 90 days.
List of eligible countries
Travelers from all over the world can apply online for an eVisa to Rwanda using our services. The only condition to meet is having a valid passport. Your passport cannot expire for the next 6 months forth from the planned date of the trip.
Please note that the online visa price may differ depending on your nationality.
Rwanda eVisa application form
Rwanda visa online application process is straightforward and effortless. Prepare the necessary documents described in the 'Required Documents' section and start applying.
You can use any working device with a stable internet connection to complete the application process within minutes from home!
Follow these steps to apply for your Rwanda visa online:
- Fill an online application form with your data, passport details, email address, and the purpose of your travel. Attach additional documents if necessary. Next, please ensure that you have putthe correct information in the application form to ensure successful approval without delays.
- Make an online payment by choosing any of the several online payment methods available on our website to cover the Rwanda eVisa fees.
- Check your email inbox. All applicants receive a confirmation number once the payment registers. eVisa to Rwanda is delivered directly to your email box within a maximum of 72 hours (3 business days).
The electronic Rwanda visa arrives at your email address in PDF version, print it out, and take it with you to the airport or on the road.
In all available online visa types, the validity period starts upon the planned entry to Rwanda. Each applicant states the intended entry date in the application form.
The single-entry permit and the Conference eVisa stay valid for 30 days from the stated entry date. The multiple-entry permit and the East Africa Online Visa stay valid for 90 days (three months), starting from the first entrance to Rwanda.
Transit through Rwanda does not require additional documents if the traveler is not leaving the designated transit zone. Suppose you need to leave the transit area while at the airport; you will need to obtain an appropriate entry permit upon arrival.
Contact the airlines if you plan on traveling through Rwanda to learn more about the transit visa handling process.
Requirements on arrival
Two documents will be controlled by the customs officials upon entering Rwanda. Each traveler has to have a printed eVisa and a valid passport for at least 6 months from the entry date. Make sure you are prepared before leaving on your trip.
Ports accepting eVisas
There is a list of airports and land border crossing points that take electronic visas as an acceptable travel document. Plan your journey to cross the border using any of the following ports to ensure issue-free entry.
- Kamembe International Airport
- Kigali International Airport
Border crossing points:
- Kanyaru bas
- Kanyaru haut
- La Corniche
- Poids Lourds
- Rusizi I
- Rusizi II
Rwanda eVisa Sample
Choose any online visa type and spare just a few minutes to submit your application. Use your phone, laptop, PC, or any other device. Once that’s done, find the Rwanda eVisa sample below to check how the delivered entry permit will look like!
The most important document to have when applying online for an eVisa to Rwanda is a valid passport. Your passport has to stay valid for at least 6 months from the intended entry to Rwanda date.
Before applying, please prepare the following documents:
- a digital photograph of the valid passport's bio-data page
- applicant's face photograph (that can be easily taken using a phone or a PC camera): only needed when applying for a Conference eVisa or the East Africa Online Visa.
- To ensure having a successfully approved application, please apply at least 3 days (72 hours) in advance
- Each traveler needs to file a separate online visa application
- Print out the PDF version of the approved eVisa to Rwanda and take it with you for customs officials control
- Rwanda eVisa can be extended at the closest land or air border point or any Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration. Prolong your online visa before its expiry date
- The electronic visa to Rwanda does not serve as a working permit
- The validity period starts on the date of entry to Rwanda; not on the date of issue
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Rwanda eVisa
Rwanda eVisa is an acceptable electronic travel document that enables travelers from different countries worldwide to visit Rwanda. There are four electronic visa types that can be used for both tourism and business purposes. Choose the most suitable option for you and file your application online within minutes! The approved eVisa arrives straight at your email address.
Every traveler with a valid passport that wants to travel to Rwanda needs an online visa. All applicants that wish to use an eVisa as a travel document for either tourism or business purposes should apply online. You can travel for 30 or 90 days.
The electronic visa application process consists of three steps. First, prepare all essential documents (a photo of the valid passport and the applicant's face photo). Next, start filling the application form with your data and make sure you put all of the information correctly. Pay the handling online visa charges that differ depending on the selected type and your nationality. Lastly, check your inbox for the approved eVisa to Rwanda in PDF version.
The required documents differ among the various Rwanda eVisa types. You will need a valid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of the trip. If you want to apply for an electronic Conference visa or the East Africa Online Visa, the applicant's face photo is also required.
If you comply with the online visa requirements and have a working device with an internet connection, applying online should take you just a few minutes. The application process is intuitive and easy. Should you have any questions, our support team is available via email or phone.
Depending on the electronic visa type you choose, the length of your stay will differ. For the two single-entry permits, your visit can last 30 days. If you select one of the multiple-entry eVisa types, you can stay in Rwanda for 90 days.
Rwanda eVisa processing time may take up to 3 business days (72 hours). If you enter the correct data in the application form, the approval time should be shorter. Please note that the final processing time depends on the government of the Republic of Rwanda.
The Rwanda eVisa validity is either 30 or 90 days, depending on whether you choose a single entrance or a multiple-entry permit. The online visa validity period starts onthe stated in the application form, planned entry date.
The electronic visa to Rwanda price differs according to which type you choose and your nationality. The final price is set out upon completing the application form. It can be either 39 Euro, 99 Euro, 129 Euro, or 149 Euro.
Rwanda eVisa, once approved, will be sent directly to your email box. Make sure you have put an email address that you have access to reach the online visa PDF versiononce it's sent.
Every applicant that plans on traveling to Rwanda needs an online visa. The underage travelers' parents or guardians need to file the application on their behalf.
Should your application fail to be approved, do not hesitate to contact our support team to discuss why your application was denied and solve the issue. Moreover, it's best to check the provided in the application form information to see if everything was correct.
You can extend your stay in Rwanda in any air or land border crossing point or any Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration place. Please make sure to extend your stay before your eVisaexpires.
You can get your online visa to Rwanda on arrival. However, it's far more secure to apply before traveling to ensure a successful border crossing. You will omit waiting in long lines and stress connected with handling an entry permit last minute.
All UK citizens need an eVisa to enter Rwanda, either handled on arrival or a few days prior to your travel. The online visa to Rwanda is easily accessible without the need to visit an Embassy nor a Consulate.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email