Uganda e-Visa: Basic information
Uganda e-Visa comes in three different types; each one is designed for various lengths of stay. An electronic visa to Uganda is an entry permit that allows its holders to cross the Uganda border.
Arranging your visa is now easier than ever before. The process of applying online is intuitive and available entirely online. Follow a 3-step process and receive your visa to Uganda in a PDF version.
All travellers can decide on using either a single-entry visa, a multiple-entry visa (that allows entrance to Kenya and Rwanda as well), and a transit visa. The price is either 99 Euro or 149 Euro per person based on the selected visa type.
e-Visa types for Uganda
All applicants who have a valid passport and meet all visa requirements may travel to Uganda with 3 different visas. See the available options (described in detail below) to choose the one that will be the best for your needs.
Here are the Uganda visa types that can be used for tourism, business, and transit purposes:
- a single-entry visa: enables its holders to stay in Uganda for 90 days (three months) and allows one entrance into the country for business, tourism, or medical reasons.
- East Africa visa: serves as a multiple-entry visa and stays effective for 90 days from the date of arrival in Uganda. Should you select this visa type, you will be able to visit not only Uganda but also Rwanda and Kenya! Numerous visits are available when choosing the East Africa visa.
- a transit visa: designed for every traveller who needs to transit through Uganda to any other country. This visa type can be used for transit purposes only and allows a 7-day stay in Uganda.
Reminder! The requirements may differ between the visa to Uganda types available. See what documents do you need to prepare for the visa type you have selected. Make sure to have all of the necessary documents ready while applying to ensure successful approval.
List of eligible countries
See if your country is listed below to check if you're eligible to make an e-Visa to Uganda application:
- American Samoa
- Anguilla (UK)
- Aruba (NL)
- Bermuda (UK)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands (UK)
- Central African Republic
- Cook Islands (UK)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas) (UK)
- French Guiana (FR)
- French Polynesia (FR)
- Gibraltar (UK)
- Greenland (DK)
- Guadeloupe (FR)
- Guam (US)
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Macau (SAR)
- Marshall Islands
- Martinique (FR)
- Mayotte (FR)
- Montserrat (UK)
- Myanmar (Burma)
- Netherlands Antilles (NL)
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Palestinian Territories
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico (US)
- Reunion (FR)
- Russian Federation
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Sint Maarten (FR/NL)
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Turks and Caicos Islands (UK)
- U.S. Virgin Islands (US)
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Western Sahara
Is your country not listed above? In that case, you will need to obtain a regular visa at the Embassy.
Uganda visa application
How to apply online? Luckily, it could not be more simple. All you have to do is use the panel located on this website's left-hand side and select the visa type you want to apply for, then click the 'Apply online' button and start the actual visa application process.
Citizens of the eligible countries should then:
- Put all of the required data and travel information in the online application form. Use the passport information pages to provide the necessary data. Attach the supporting documents that are described in detail in the section about the visa requirements to meet.
- Pay the handling visa fee (99 Euro or 149 Euro). Applicants can use their credit card/debit card, PayPal, or any other method of online payment that is available on our website.
- Within 72 hours (3 business days), an e-Visa in a PDF form will be delivered to your e-mail address. Once your visa gets approved, make sure to print it out and take it with you to the airport.
Please note! Our support team is available to you throughout each step of the application procedure. Should you have any questions, doubts, or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail or phone.
e-Visa validity period
Single-entry visas and multiple-entry visas to the East Africa region are both valid for 90 days (three months) from the date of entering Uganda.
Transit visa stays effective for 7 days and allows its holders to visit Uganda only for transit purposes. The validity period starts on the date of arrival in Uganda.
The most essential condition for all travellers to meet is for their passport to be valid for at least 6 months. The 180 days of passport validity should extend beyond the date of arrival in Uganda.
Transit visa information
If you want to leave the airport's transit zone, you need to apply for a transit visa. This visa type allows its holders to stay in Uganda for 7 days.
See what are the obligatory supporting documents to attach for the transit visa application form, and apply online at least 3 business days in advance of your travel.
Requirements on arrival
All travellers that are citizens of countries listed as eligible for an e-Visa need only two essential documents that will be checked by the customs officials upon arrival.
Prepare the supporting documents to make a successful application, once your visa is approved and delivered to your e-mail, print it out.
The customs officials will check if each traveller has the following:
- a printed copy of the valid e-Visa to Uganda
- a valid passport (that cannot expire for the next six months starting from the arrival in Uganda date)
Ports of entry
You can enter Uganda through any point of entry from the ones listed below. Make sure to plan your trip to Uganda so as to cross the border using a chosen point of entry selected from the ones listed in this section.
All e-Visa to Uganda holders may use the following border crossing points:
When you enter Uganda, the customs officials will check if you have a printed copy of the valid visa to Uganda and a valid passport. Then, all travellers will receive a stamp on their passport, and their fingerprints will be taken.
Uganda e-Visa Sample
Required documents Uganda
Visa to enter Uganda is necessary to have upon crossing the border. Make sure to be prepared with the specified documents before starting the visa application process.
Each visa to Uganda type has different requirements for travellers to meet. Choose the type of visa from the three ones available and start collecting the essential documents.
Single-entry visa to Uganda
Each applicant who wishes to make a visa application for the single-entry permit to Uganda should have the following:
- a legible scan of the valid passport's bio-data page
- applicant's photograph (a passport size photograph)
- copy of the yellow fever vaccination certificate
To be able to transit through Uganda to another country and successfully apply for the transit visa, every traveller should attach these documents to their online application:
- scan of the bio-data page from the applicant's passport
- a passport size photograph of the applicant
- proof of having done the yellow fever vaccination
- a copy of the booked flight ticket that enables further journey
East Africa Visa
To apply online for the East Africa visa, please prepare:
- a copy of the valid passport's bio-data page
- applicant's photograph (that adheres to passport photo standards)
- a copy of the certificate stating the yellow fever vaccination has been done by the applicant
- travel itinerary
- a copy of the return ticket
Please note! Another necessary condition to meet for all travellers who wish to visit Uganda is for their passports to stay valid for at least 6 months, starting from the planned entry to Uganda date.
- all applicants need to meet the requirements described earlier to ensure the positive visa approval
- apply at least 3 business days in advance of your Uganda travel
- every traveller that has an approved e-Visa to Uganda needs to print it out and show it at the airport to the customs officials
- e-Visa to Uganda can be extended using an official Uganda government website
- electronic visa to Uganda is not a working permit
- the validity period starts on the intended date of arrival in Uganda (not on the date of visa issue)
- all applicants can choose between several online payment methods available on our website to pay the visa fees
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about Uganda e-Visa
- What is the Uganda e-Visa?
Uganda e-Visa is an entry permit that allows its holders to enter the Republic of Uganda. Citizens of the eligible countries who have a valid passport, a yellow fever certificate, and meet the other requirements may make their visa applications in just a few minutes from home.
- Do I need a visa for Uganda?
Every traveller needs a visa to enter Uganda. Apply online for the tourist visa to save yourself from the troublesome visa handling process at an Embassy. Check if your country is on the list of eligible countries and gather the required documents to make your application successful.
- Do children need an e-Visa for Uganda?
All underage travellers need an Uganda visa to enter the Republic of Uganda. Parents or guardians of children travelling with them should be the ones who file the online application for them. Remember to have the yellow fever certificate, valid passport, and a photograph of the applicant ready.
- What documents do I need for Uganda e-Visa?
The required documents are described in detail in the 'Visa requirements' section as they differ according to which Uganda visa type you choose. The primary documents to gather applicable to all visa types are: a valid passport, applicant's photograph, and a yellow fever certificate. If you apply for the transit visa or the East Africa visa type, you will need a few more travel documents to prepare (e.g., a return ticket).
- How to apply for an Uganda visa?
Once you have collected all of the necessary documents, simply visit our website and choose the visa to Uganda type that you prefer. Then carefully provide your data in the application form and attach the supporting documents (vaccination certificate, passport, photograph). Make an online payment and wait for your approved e-Visa to be delivered to your e-mail address.
- How much the Uganda visa costs?
Travel visas to Uganda costs differ depending on the particular visa type. The costs can be either 99 Euro or 149 Euro (if you choose the East Africa visa). The payment can be made using a credit/debit card, PayPal, or any other preferred online payment method. Make sure to complete the application form correctly and then move to making the payment.
- How long does it take to get Uganda e-Visa?
Travel visa applications to Uganda are approved within 72 hours (3 business days) from submitting the completed application form. Ensure all of the data you put is free from any mistakes or errors to avoid delays.
- How will I receive Uganda e-Visa?
Once approved, the Uganda visa arrives at the applicant's e-mail address in a PDF form, which needs to be printed out to be controlled at the airport.
- How long is an e-Visa for Uganda good for?
Uganda's e-Visa validity period is 90 days (three months) for both single-entry and multiple-entry visas. The transit visa stays valid for 7 days. No matter which type you should choose, the validity period starts on the date of arrival into the Republic of Uganda.
- How long can I stay in Uganda with an e-Visa?
Visas to Uganda allow their holders to stay in the country for three months (90 days) or 7 days if you travel with a transit visa.
- Do I need to print Uganda e-Visa?
Yes, Uganda e-Visa needs to be printed out. Have your visa copy upon arrival for control of the customs officials, along with your valid passport.
- Can I extend my stay in Uganda with my e-Visa?
Travellers may use the official government website to extend the validity of their e-Visa to Uganda.
- What can I do if my Uganda e-Visa is denied?
Contact our support team to help you resolve the issue and find out why your application was not approved. Ensure that all of the data you have provided was correct and that your travel documents were appropriately valid.
- Can I get a visa on arrival in Uganda?
Visas to Uganda are available on arrival. Nevertheless, it's much more secure to obtain your entry to Uganda permit a few days in advance. To not make yourself wait in long queues at the airport, or face any problems with the visa approval on arrival, make an online application three days before your travel.
Three easy steps to get your eVisa
- Apply online
- Fill out remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email