Uganda e-Visa Application
Uganda e-Visa Information
The Uganda e-Visa is an electronic visa introduced by the Government of Uganda to facilitate the visa application process for foreign nationals.
The e-Visa system enables citizens from selected countries to apply for visas for entry into Uganda online without physically visiting a Ugandan embassy or diplomatic mission.
The Uganda e-Visa allows its holders to stay within the country for 90 days and comes in three different types; a single-entry visa, a multiple-entry visa (that allows entrance to Kenya and Rwanda as well), and a transit visa.
Follow a 3-step process and receive the approved e-Visa to Uganda on your email address.
Uganda e-Visa types
All applicants who have a valid passport and meet all requirements may travel to Uganda with 3 different types of electronic visas. See the available options (described in detail below) to choose the one that will be the best for your needs.
Here are the Uganda online visa types that can be used for tourism, business, and transit purposes:
- a single-entry e-Visa: enables its holders to stay in Uganda for 90 days (three months) and allows one entrance into the country for business, tourism, or medical reasons.
- East Africa Online Visa: serves as a multiple-entry permit and stays effective for 90 days from the date of arrival in Uganda. Should you select this e-Visa type, you will be able to visit not only Uganda but also Rwanda and Kenya! Moreover, numerous visits are available when choosing the East Africa type.
- a transit e-Visa: designed for every traveler who needs to transit through Uganda to any other country. This online visa type can be used for transit purposes only and allows a 7-day stay in Uganda.
Reminder! The requirements may differ between the online visa to Uganda types available. See what documents do you need to prepare for the e-Visa type you have selected. Make sure to have all of the necessary documents ready while applying to ensure successful approval.
List of eligible countries
See if your country is listed below to check if you're eligible to make an e-Visa to Uganda application:
- American Samoa
- Anguilla (UK)
- Aruba (NL)
- Bermuda (UK)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands (UK)
- Central African Republic
- Cook Islands (UK)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas) (UK)
- French Guiana (FR)
- French Polynesia (FR)
- Gibraltar (UK)
- Greenland (DK)
- Guadeloupe (FR)
- Guam (US)
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Macau (SAR)
- Marshall Islands
- Martinique (FR)
- Mayotte (FR)
- Montserrat (UK)
- Myanmar (Burma)
- Netherlands Antilles (NL)
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Palestinian Territories
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico (US)
- Reunion (FR)
- Russian Federation
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Sint Maarten (FR/NL)
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Turks and Caicos Islands (UK)
- U.S. Virgin Islands (US)
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Western Sahara
Is your country not listed above? In that case, you will need to obtain a regular visa at the Embassy.
Uganda e-Visa application form
How to apply online? Luckily, it could not be more simple. All you have to do is use the panel located on this website's left-hand side and select the e-Visa type you want to apply for, then click the 'Apply Online' button and start the actual application process.
Citizens of the eligible countries should then:
- Put all of the required data and travel information in the online application form. Use the passport information pages to provide the necessary data. Attach the supporting documents and make sure that your application does not contain any errors.
- Pay the handling electronic visa fee (99 Euro or 149 Euro). Applicants can use their credit card/debit card, PayPal, PayU, or any other method of online payment that is available on our website.
- Within 72 hours (3 business days), an e-Visa in PDF form will be delivered to your email address. Once your entry permits gets approved, make sure to print it out and take it with you to the airport.
Please note! Our support team is available to you throughout each step of the application procedure. Should you have any questions, doubts, or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us via email or phone.
Single-entry (only Uganda) and multiple-entry permits (the East Africa region) are both valid for 90 days (three months) from the date of entering Uganda.
The online transit visa stays effective for 7 days and allows its holders to visit Uganda only for transit purposes. The validity period starts on the date of arrival.
The most essential condition for all travelers to meet is for their passport to be valid for at least 6 months. The 180 days of passport validity should extend beyond the date of arrival in Uganda.
If you want to leave the airport's transit zone, you need to apply for an online transit visa first. This electronic visa type allows its holders to stay in Uganda for 7 days.
See what are the obligatory supporting documents to attach for the transit e-Visa application form, and apply online at least 3 business days in advance of your travel.
Requirements on arrival
All travelers that are citizens of countries listed as eligible for an e-Visa need only two essential documents that will be checked by the customs officials upon arrival.
Prepare the supporting documents to make a successful application, once your online visa is approved and delivered to your email, print it out.
The customs officials will check if each traveler has the following:
- a printed copy of the valid e-Visa to Uganda
- a valid passport (that cannot expire for the next six months starting from the planned arrival date)
Ports accepting e-Visas
You can enter Uganda through any point of entry from the ones listed below. Make sure to plan your trip to Uganda so as to cross the border using any port of entry listed in this section.
All e-Visa to Uganda holders may use the following border crossing points:
When you enter Uganda, the customs officials will check if you have a printed copy of the valid online visa to Uganda and a valid passport. Then, all travelers receive a stamp on their passport, and their fingerprints are taken as well.
What are the Uganda e-Visa fees?
Uganda e-Visa fees are 99 Euro and 149 Euro for the East Afrcia travel authorization. All applicants have several secure online payment methods to choose from to cover the Uganda e-Visa fees.
Uganda e-Visa Sample
Please find below theUganda e-Visa sample to get an idea of how this entry permit may look like while waiting for approval. The electronic visa will be delivered directly to your email box in form of a PDF file.
An online visa to enter Uganda is necessary to have upon crossing the border. Make sure to be prepared with the specified documents before starting the e-Visa application process.
Each electronic visa to Uganda type has different requirements for travelers to meet. Choose the preferred type from the three ones available and start collecting the essential documents.
Single-entry e-Visa to Uganda
Each applicant who wishes to make an online visa application for the single-entry permit to Uganda should have the following:
- a photo of the valid passport's bio-data page
- applicant's face photograph (that can easily be taken with your phone or a PC camera)
- a photo of the yellow fever vaccination certificate
To be able to transit through Uganda to another country and successfully apply for the transit visa online, every traveler should attach these documents to their application:
- a photo of the bio-data page from the applicant's passport
- the applicant's face photo (that can be in digital form, taken with either a phone or a PC camera)
- proof of having done the yellow fever vaccination
- a photo of the booked flight ticket that enables further journey
East Africa Online Visa
To apply online for the East Africa Visa, please prepare:
- a photo of the valid passport's bio-data page
- applicant's face photograph (can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
- proof of having the certificate stating the yellow fever vaccination has been done by the applicant
- travel itinerary
- a photo of the return ticket
Please note! Another necessary condition to meet for all travelers who wish to visit Uganda is for their passports to stay valid for at least 6 months, starting from the planned date of arrival.
- All applicants need to meet the requirements described earlier to ensure the positive e-Visa approval
- Apply at least 3 business days in advance of your Uganda travel
- Every traveler that has an approved electronic visa to Uganda needs to print it out and show it at the airport to the customs officials
- Your online visa can be extended using an official Uganda government website
- The electronic visa to Uganda is not a working permit
- e-Visa validity period starts on the intended date of arrival in Uganda (not on the date of issue)
- All applicants can choose between several online payment methods available on our website to cover the fees
Benefits of Evisa Express
- Easy application process
- Qualified team of experts
- Guarantee of service
FAQ about the Uganda e-Visa
Uganda e-Visa is an electronic entry permit that allows its holders to enter the Republic of Uganda. Citizens of the eligible countries who have a valid passport, a yellow fever certificate, and meet the other requirements may make their online visa applications in just a few minutes from home.
Every traveler needs a visa to enter Uganda. Apply online for the tourist visa to save yourself from the troublesome visa handling process at an Embassy. Check if your country is on the list of eligible countries and gather the required documents to make your application successful.
All underage travelers need an electronic Uganda visa to enter this country. Parents or guardians of children traveling with them should be the ones who file the online application for them. Remember to have the yellow fever certificate, valid passport, and a photograph of the applicant ready.
The required documents are described in detail in the appropriate section as they differ according to which online Uganda visa type you choose. The primary documents to gather applicable to all e-Visa types are: a valid passport, applicant's face photograph, and a yellow fever certificate. If you apply for the transit one or the East Africa entry permit, you will need a few more travel documents to prepare (e.g., a return ticket).
Once you have collected all of the necessary documents, simply visit our website and choose the online visa to Uganda type that you prefer. Then carefully provide your data in the application form and attach the supporting documents. Next, make an online payment and wait for your approved e-Visa to be delivered to your email address.
The electronic travel visas' to Uganda costs differ depending on its particular type. The costs can be either 99 Euro or 149 Euro (if you choose the East Africa Online Visa). The payment can be made using a credit/debit card, PayPal, or any other preferred online payment method. Make sure to complete the application form correctly and then move to making the payment.
The Uganda e-Visa is approved within 72 hours (3 business days) from submitting the completed application form. Ensure all of the data you put is free from any mistakes or errors to avoid delays.
Once approved, the online Uganda visa arrives at the applicant's email address in PDF form, which needs to be printed out to be controlled at the airport. Don't forget to have your valid passport on hand as well!
Uganda's e-Visa validity period is 90 days (three months) for both single-entry and multiple-entry permits. However, the transit one stays valid for 7 days. No matter which type you should choose, the validity period starts on the date of arrival into the Republic of Uganda.
Electronic visas to Uganda allow their holders to stay in the country for three months (90 days) or 7 days if you travel with a transit entry permit.
Yes, the online Uganda visa needs to be printed out. Have your printed electronic visa copy upon arrival for presenting it to the customs officials, along with your valid passport.
Travelers may use the official government website to extend the validity of their e-Visa to Uganda. Before extending your entry permit, make sure that your passport will stay valid throughout the whole additional trip.
Contact our support team to help you resolve the issue and find out why your application was not approved. Ensure that all of the data you have provided was correct and that your travel documents were appropriately valid.
Online visas to Uganda are available on arrival. Nevertheless, it's much more secure to obtain your entry permit a few days in advance. Not to make yourself wait in long lines at the airport, or face any problems with the e-Visa approval on arrival, make an online application three days before your travel.
Three easy steps to get your e-Visa
- Apply online
- Fill out the remaining required information and make an online payment
- Check your email