Indonesia (Bali) Digital Nomad Visa
Information about Indonesia digital nomad visa
Digital nomads are foreign tourists who work remotely, use technology, electronic devices, and the internet, as well as travel to different locations. Nowadays, there are more and more people who decide to obtain a digital nomad visa.
This lifestyle is perfect for everyone who loves traveling, meeting new people, discovering new places, and would like to have freelance work. Now it is possible to have it all in Bali thanks to the Indonesian government which wants to introduce a new visa type.
A Bali digital nomad visa would be valid for five years and would enable one to live in Indonesia tax-free. Bali is a magnificent destination and a special type of visa allows one to live there legally.
What is more, Bali digital nomad visa would allow the longest period of stay among these visa types and you wouldn't need to pay taxes for five years with it.
Now you can pick a B211A visa for a stay longer than 60 days as it can be extended even to 180 days if you are a digital nomad.
Who is eligible for an Indonesian freelance visa?
When it comes to the B211A visa it is available for foreigners who would like to enter Indonesia but can't obtain a Visa on Arrival, as their country is not on the list, as well as stay in this place for more than 60 days, and are digital nomads.
Indonesia's digital nomad visa case is still in progress, but we can speculate that it would be available for most foreigners who would meet the requirements (have a minimum wage, valid passport, proof of accommodation, etc.)
How to apply for a digital nomad visa to Indonesia (Bali)
It is most possible that in order to apply for a Digital nomad visa you would need to:
- prepare the required documents
- make an appointment at the Indonesian embassy
- have proof of payment
- wait for the process finalization.
In the case of B211A tourist visa, you can acquire it via online methods. And how to do it? Check these simple points:
- complete the online application form
- pay the necessary fee
- receive your visa via email in PDF form
- provide a valid passport and visa at the port of entry.
The requirements for getting a digital nomad visa
We still wait for more information about the necessary conditions for Bali digital nomad visa, however, it is stated that you need to:
- have a passport that is valid
- be employed or self-employed
- fulfill the income criteria.
Besides, you should be prepared to:
- complete application form
- have a copy of a passport
- pay the required fee
- present health records
- have evidence of income
- present a letter of invitation
- have a contract of employment and bank account
- show a clear criminal record
- have two recent photos.
In the case of the Bali B211A visa you are required to have:
- a passport that is valid
- scan of your passport cover and bio-data page
- a bank account
- COVID vaccination proof
- digital photo
- an exit ticket.
Benefits of the Bali remote worker visa
There are many benefits of the Bali freelance visa. Among the most important, we can distinguish taxes that don't have to be paid and the possible length of the visa which can be even 5 years.
Furthermore, during the stay, it is possible to see a lot of attractions. Indonesia is a beautiful place that offers a lot to tourists. For example coral reefs, beaches, or landscapes.
Also, the low living costs are very appealing as they are the lowest in Southeast Asia. You can take part in sustainable tourism options. The idea is very popular nowadays. It means that tourism will be more environmentally, economically, and community-friendly.
Working and living in Bali will also boost the local economy and increase tourism so it is a win-win situation.
How to extend your stay in Indonesia with a digital nomad visa
In the case of B211A visa, firstly it is advisable to prepare earlier. Your passport needs to be valid for at least 12 months to qualify for getting this visa. Check carefully your expiry date. You can extend your B211A visa twice, each time for 60 days, and stay in Indonesia for even 180 days in total.
So how you can get your extension? It is quite simple. Complete the application form, attach your passport, send documents to the Immigration department, go to the appointment at the Immigration office, and wait for the approval.
When it comes to the Indonesia freelance visa, each digital nomad must wait for the information as the Indonesian government hasn't introduced it yet.
Other important things to know about the digital nomad visa for Indonesia
Indonesia remote worker visa would be perfect for a digital nomad as it would enable one to stay in the country for even 5 years without paying taxes, however, still it is not officially accepted so we need to wait.
Besides, it is worth remembering that as a digital nomad you shouldn't:
- Trust all nomad agencies that offer special solutions. Check if the source is legal and official to omit possible fraud and losing your money or dissatisfaction.
- Employment KITAS (Temporary stay permit) that is faked.
- Trust agents that are investors KITAS. The process is very restricted and you could have a lot of trouble because of it.
- Work illegally for Indonesian companies and get paid there. With B211A visa you are not allowed to make any income.
- Rent a room and advertise it on Facebook. The officials check the social media groups regularly and if you create an income, you can be even deported.
There are also plans for a Bali visa that would enable tourists to stay in Indonesia for 10 years and it is quite possible that some progress toward digital nomad visa would take place in the future. Right now we need to wait for the confirmation and further information as there is no specific freelance visa in Indonesia at the moment.