Armenia Passport Visa-Free Countries
Visa-free travel with an Armenian passport
Armenian passport ranks 81st in the global passport ranking. In general, it has medium-low travel mobility.
There are 32 Armenia passport visa-free countries. Armenian passport holders can enter 30 countries more getting there a visa on arrival.
Armenian citizens are also eligible for electronic visas to 26 countries.
Compared to some other countries, it is not that difficult to get citizenship of Armenia. A person must legally reside in the country for three years, have a decent knowledge of the language and know the Constitution.
Visa-free access can make traveling for Armenians more exciting
Many people want to try visa-free access, as it brings traveling to a whole new level of excitement. First of all, you can visit more places in a short period of time.
If earlier you would go only to those locations that are nearby or are very popular, now you tend to experiment and explore some exotic places.
Moreover, you can change the route of your travel, add new sights and extend your trip.
As you are able to stay in a place longer, you get more opportunities to get to know the culture, try local cuisine, research the history of that land, and, of course, communicate with local citizens.
It's a great way to make new friends worldwide, as locals can become your guides and provide some insights into the everyday life of those places.
How to get Armenian citizenship and passport
Any person 18 years old or above can apply for Armenian citizenship if they meet the following requirements:
- has been legally residing in Armenia for the last 3 years;
- has good knowledge of Armenian;
- is acquainted with the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia.
The procedure can be simplified, and the first two requirements can be omitted for the following categories:
- spouses of Armenian citizens
- children of former Armenian citizens - have to apply within three years of attaining the age of 18;
- those who have terminated Armenian citizenship after the year 1995.
After the President of Armenia signs the citizenship decree, a person may apply for an Armenian passport.
Now it is possible to apply for a regular or a biometric passport. One should just submit an application, attach the minimum of the required document and cover the fee.
Advantages of traveling to visa-free countries for Armenian citizens
Having a passport with access to many visa-free countries is a considerable benefit, as the preparation and traveling itself becomes much easier, and you get many advantages:
- you don't need to miss your job or any other important activities to go to the embassy, wait in lines and answer officials' questions;
- you don't have to pay the visa fee, so you can save money for the trip, see more attractions or buy souvenirs;
- you can change the plans whenever you want or have spontaneous trips as you don't stick to what a visa allows;
- when you don't have to think about requirements and restrictions, you are generally more relaxed and can enjoy your vacation to the fullest.
32 countries where Armenian passport holders don't need a visa
Armenia passport visa-free countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Moreover, Armenian citizens can get a visa on arrival in 30 destinations and apply for an electronic visa to 26 countries.
Visa on arrival countries
- Cape Verde
- Sri Lanka
Electronic visa countries
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
How to find out if the destination you are going to is a visa-free country?
In order to know if your destination is visa-free, you should check the visa requirements, especially the list of visa-free countries.
What to do if your destination is not a visa-free country?
If you haven't found your destination among the visa-free countries, it is required for you to get a visa - a visa on arrival, an online visa, or a traditional visa.
Tips for traveling to non-visa-free countries
Traveling to non-visa-free countries may seem full of hassle and worries, but these tips will assist you in how to do everything in the best way possible:
- before traveling, you should examine all the available information on visa requirements to your destination;
- even if you need a visa, you can often omit tedious paperwork and waiting in queues by applying for a visa online;
- when filling out the blanks, make sure you enter correct data and check everything twice, as errors can be a reason for a longer processing time;
- make a list of documents you should bring to the border control, and keep in mind that your passport must not expire within half of the year from the arrival date.
Is it helpful to examine the visa requirements before traveling?
One of the most essential things to know when preparing for the trip is visa requirements.
Not only will this information help you enter the country without issues but also ensure you won't have visa-related problems during the trip.