Visa-Free Countries for Liberia Passport Holders
Things to know before you travel with a Liberian passport
Liberian passport ranks 95th in the global passport ranking allowing its holders to enter 24 visa-free countries.
There are 20 countries where Liberian citizens can get a visa on arrival. 20 destinations also issue electronic visas to Liberian passport owners.
Before applying for a Liberian passport, a person should get Liberian citizenship first. Citizenship of Liberia can be obtained by birth or naturalization, which is restricted to persons of Negro descent.
The Liberian passport application process involves filling out the form, printing out the receipt, covering the fee, attaching the supporting documents, and then attending the passport center.
Visa-free travel is how Liberians can see new places and meet new people
Visa-free access enables Liberian travelers to visit various places and meet people from all over the world.
Without the necessity to obtain a visa, they get to see not only the most popular travel sites but also hidden gems. There are countries that are not at the top of tourists' favorite spots but still have much to offer.
To add to this, the more countries you visit, the more people you are able to meet. It can be tourists, with which Liberians can share their feelings and emotions about the trip, and locals.
Local citizens can give them inside information about places to visit and help to immerse into the culture and traditions of that land.
How to apply for a Liberian passport
Liberian nationality is acquired at birth or later in life through naturalization. In Liberia, naturalization is restricted to persons who are of Negro descent.
An applicant makes a declaration of intent to naturalize before a Circuit Court, followed by the actual petition for naturalization.
In order to apply for a Liberian passport, a person should complete the online application form, cover the fee, print the online application receipt, attach other supporting documents and present it personally to the passport application center on the appointed date and time.
Advantages of visa-free countries for Liberian citizens
Visa-free traveling is a desirable opportunity, as it has considerable advantages:
- you don't experience the hassle of applying for a visa and filling out the form, which may require not only providing some personal details but also attaching additional documents;
- you don't have to share your confidential information;
- you don't spend extra money on a visa, considering that the traveling may be expensive itself;
- you don't have to wait for the visa to be approved, so you can travel immediately;
- as you don't need to apply for a visa every time you want to go to another location, you get movement freedom and can visit more places.
24 countries where Liberian passport holders don't need a visa
Visa-free countries for Liberia passport
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- United Arab Emirates
Also, Liberian citizens can get a visa on arrival in 20 countries and visit 20 countries more with an electronic visa.
Visa on arrival countries
Electronic visa countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- South Sudan
How to discover if your destination is a visa-free country?
To discover if your destination is a visa-free country, please check the list of visa requirements.
What should you do if your destination is not a visa-free country?
If your destination requires a visa, you should get one in the embassy, online, or on arrival.
Traveling to non-visa-free countries: helpful tips
Traveling to non-visa-free countries is more difficult and requires more effort than visa-free journeys, so there are some helpful tips for you:
- thoroughly examine all the requirements before traveling;
- if you are eligible, choose an electronic visa, as you don't have to go to an embassy to apply for it;
- apply for a visa beforehand to still get it on time even in case of some issues;
- check all the information you provide in the form twice to eliminate errors;
- it is better to print out the electronic documents to have them on hand;
- make sure your passport is valid within six months from the arrival date and has free space for visa stamps.
Why do you need to research the different visa requirements of each country before traveling?
It is very advisable to research the visa requirements of each destination before traveling because every country has its own requirements and rules. If you don't meet them, you won't be able to enter the country.