Vanuatu Passport Visa-Free Countries
Things to know about traveling with a Vanuatu passport
The Vanuatu passport has 98th place in the global passport ranking. It has an overall medium mobility score according to the number of visa-free countries.
Currently, Vanuatu passport holders can travel visa-free to 46 countries. Previously, the visa-free countries list included the entire European Union, but since May 4, 2022, the mutual visa waiver agreement has been suspended.
Vanuatu citizens can also get a visa on arrival in 34 countries and apply for an online visa in 21 countries.
As this passport is great in terms of traveling, many people want to get it. The Vanuatu citizenship and passport can be obtained through the Investment program within 2-3 months.
Vanuatu citizens can explore new opportunities when traveling visa-free
Visa-free access can open new great traveling opportunities to Vanuatu passport holders. Now travelers from this country can see new destinations and exotic places without visa application hassle.
Vanuatu citizens are able to travel to visa-free countries they wouldn't visit otherwise. It makes them more adventurous and spontaneous, as being visa-exempt also means you can change your plans when you want and don't have to worry about visa restrictions.
Holders of a passport with visa-free access usually can stay in a country for up to 90 days so there is enough time to explore the country and speak to locals.
How to get Vanuatu passport and citizenship
A Vanuatu passport can be obtained after a person acquires Vanuatu citizenship.
A foreigner can easily become a Vanuatu citizen through the country’s Citizenship by Investment program. It is required to make a minimum investment of 130,000 USD.
The Vanuatu citizenship application process includes the following steps:
- getting fingerprints collected;
- attaching the necessary documents (passport, photograph, CBI forms, medical form, certification letters, CV, document on criminal record and country of residence/ citizenship, marriage certificate, and document of dependent persons (if applicable));
- covering the fee.
Then an applicant should wait for the decision and if successful, get a Vanuatu passport.
Why visa-free countries is a good choice for Vanuatu citizens?
Vanuatu citizens should definitely try traveling to visa-free countries, as it is very advantageous:
- Vanuatu travelers don't have to attend an embassy or consulate so they avoid stress related to queues, officials' questions, and the visa application process in general;
- It is a great save of time and money. It's better to spend these resources on the trip itself and make it unforgettable;
- Visa-free access also provides freedom of movement. As no visa is needed, you can change your itinerary spontaneously and visit many locations within a short period.
46 countries where Vanuatu passport holders don't need a visa
Vanuatu passport visa-free countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom and Crown dependencies
Also, Vanuatu passport holders can enter 34 countries with a visa on arrival and 21 countries with an electronic visa.
Visa on arrival countries
- Visa on arrival countries
- Cape Verde
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
Online visa countries
- Papua New Guinea
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- South Sudan
- United Arab Emirates
How to know if you can travel to your destination country visa-free?
To find out if your travel destination is a visa-free country, you should check the list of visa-free countries for your passport. You can also visit the embassy's website of a given country and examine its entry requirements.
What should you do if your destination requires a visa?
If you want to travel to a country that doesn't offer visa-free access, you must obtain a required visa type. Depending on your nationality, you still may avoid attending an embassy and obtain a visa in an easier way - by getting an online visa or a visa on arrival.
Things to do for traveling to non-visa-free countries
Before traveling to a non-visa-free country we recommend that you note some important things:
- apply for a visa in advance to have the travel permit approved on time even in case of issues;
- go for an online visa if you're eligible - its application process is much easier;
- make sure your passport stays valid for at least 6 months from your planned arrival date;
- prepare other necessary documents to enter your destination - they may include insurance, invitation letter, vaccination certificate, etc.
Do you need to check the information about the visa requirements of your next travel destination?
The most important thing before traveling is to check the visa requirements. Without the required type of visa, you may be entry-denied, fined, or even deported from the country.
Examine visa information to know your permitted period of stay, the possible number of entries, and if you are allowed to perform activities you have planned.