Umrah Visa Costs and Regulations Declared
The Umrah pilgrimage is a non-obligatory pilgrimage that can be undertaken by Muslims. It does not serve as a substitute for the Hajj pilgrimage.
The Hajj is an obligatory journey for all men Muslims who can afford to sustain their families financially during their absence, and who are physically able to go. Hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam; the word in Islam translates to ?attend a journey? to Kaaba ?the House of God?.
All Muslims show their obedience to God when performing one of these pilgrimages. The Umrah pilgrimage, though it?s not obligatory, is still highly recommended to perform. During both of these pilgrimages, Muslims visit Mecca, the holiest city of Islam.
The government of Saudi Arabia has announced the new Umrah visa fees and regulations. Keep on reading this article to find all the answers you may need.
Umrah visa prices and rules
A new Umrah visa fee is now estimated to be 300 Saudi riyals (SAR) that?s nearly 80 USD.
There is no longer any additional fee for multiple Umrah performances within a year.
The Umrah visa fee from Pakistan 2020: is 300 SAR as well. The additional cost for more Umrah pilgrimages within a year is also not applicable for Pakistani nationals.
- You need to make your travel arrangements and book your hotel accommodations before handling your Umrah visa (remember to add this number to your expenses)
- If you apply specifically for an Umrah visa, it is necessary to apply using particular travel agencies from a fixed list by the Saudi Arabian government
E-Visa to Saudi Arabia for an Umrah pilgrimage
If you are a Muslim who wants to travel to Saudi Arabia to perform an Umrah pilgrimage, you can consider using an e-Visa solely for that purpose.
Since 2019, the government of Saudi Arabia has changed its tourism policy to end its dependence on the oil industry. This action was made to drop the unemployment rate in KSA and create new job posts related to tourism.
It?s been only a year, yet the effects are already visible. The labour force rate has increased, and the economy is boosting thanks to tourism.
E-Visa to Saudi Arabia is easily obtainable. The application process can be completed in less than 15 minutes from home! It comprises three steps, filling the application form, making an online payment and checking your e-mail address.
E-Visa arrives directly at your e-mail address within a maximum of 72 hours. However, the average processing time is just 24 hours!
You can perform an Umrah pilgrimage using an e-Visa to Saudi Arabia. It costs 149 Euro for a multiple-entry visa that is valid for a whole year.
2020 travel guidelines and restrictions
Regarding the current state of the world, many changes needed to be implemented to find a safer way to travel.
There are specific guidelines for all travellers wishing to visit Saudi Arabia during the pandemic period. The restrictions include the following:
- All travellers need to undergo a PCR test (within maximum 72 hours prior to boarding) and have a certificate with negative test results from a certified laboratory
- GCC citizens cannot travel to Saudi Arabia only with an ID card
- India, Brazil, and Argentina are currently suspended from visiting KSA
- Upon arrival, a form regarding the traveller?s health needs to be filled and submitted
- All travellers need to go on a 2-day quarantine followed by another test. If you don?t want to undergo another PCR test, the quarantine will last 7 days
- Guests must monitor their health and upon showcasing any of the symptoms, call937 for further instructions
There are a few other regulations that are currently applicable upon arrival to KSA. Make sure that you are appropriately prepared beforehand.
Please note that all Saudi Arabian citizens and children under the age of 8, do not need to take a PCR test.
Saudi Arabia e-Visa makes it easier to travel to KSA to perform the Umrah pilgrimage. Electronic visa permit to Saudi Arabia makes it possible to not worry about the Umrah visa fee.
File your application online in less than 15 minutes from home and prepare for your journey!