Grenada Digital Nomad Visa
Information about Grenada digital nomad visa
Grenada digital nomad visa known also as Remote Employment Act was introduced in May 2021 by the Grenadian government in order to attract foreign travelers to the country and to enable online work while staying in Grenada.
This visa enables its holders to stay in Grenada for up to one year and can be extended for additional 12 months. The dependents can join the digital nomads who are exempted from paying local income tax.
Before we go into details about the Grenada digital nomad visa let's explain the term a digital nomad. It is a person who travels to different locations and at the same time can work remotely. It is a very convenient option for everyone who wishes to change their surroundings.
Also, you need to take into consideration the visa requirements of the Digital nomad program. The most important are a valid passport, minimum income, and health insurance. Remember to prepare all documents before starting an application process.
What is more, the application process is quite simple but you need to remember to do it by mail. So it is advisable to start the process six weeks before the departure.
Besides Grenada, other islands (such as the Cayman Islands, Barbados, or Dominica) also introduced visas for digital nomads. Pick the location perfect for you and enjoy your stay as a remote worker in a beautiful environment.
Who is eligible for the Grenada freelance visa?
Remote workers who meet the requirements can apply for a Grenada digital nomad visa. There are no nationality restrictions so it is very convenient. However, you need to have a valid passport, annual income proof, and health insurance.
Remember that you can't work in a company or have a business established in Grenada. All digital nomads must work remotely for a foreign employer or be a freelancer.
How to apply for a digital nomad visa to Grenada?
If you want to apply for a Grenada digital nomad visa, you need to:
- Gather all necessary documents. You need to have: a valid passport, a copy of it, two, recent passport photos, proof of your income, and a valid health insurance policy. All documents must be in English language and clear.
- Fill in the application form. You need to provide information such as surname, date of birth, passport number, home address, etc.
- Send your application by mail. Unlike other digital nomad visas, you need to send your application via mail. You can't do this online. Then pay the required fee. If you want a reply to your mail, you need to cover the additional fee.
- Wait for the processing time. It is recommended to submit your application at least six weeks before your departure in order to avoid some problems.
The requirements for getting a digital nomad visa
The Grenada digital nomad visa is open for all nationalities and there are not many requirements to obtain it. You just need to have:
- valid passport for at least 6 months
- 2 passport-sized, recent photos
- completed application form send by mail
- proof that you work remotely
- valid health insurance policy
- valid method of payment
- clear criminal record
- proof of annual income as the applicant needs to earn at least $37,000 per year.
If you plan to travel with dependents you also need to prepare:
- marriage certificate
- birth certificate of the child or children.
Some additional documents could be needed during the application process so keep that in mind.
Benefits of Grenada remote worker visa
There are many benefits of a digital nomad program:
- you can bring with you your family
- you don't need to pay income tax
- you can live in Grenada for one year
- you can renew your digital nomad visa for another 12 months
- you can enjoy a beautiful place and can have an online job.
Besides, this Caribbean island offers much to remote workers. It can be treated as a paradise on earth with its marvelous beaches, interesting culture, special places for remote work, and tasty food. No wonder why many digital nomads decide to choose this magical location for their stay.
How to extend your stay in Grenada with a digital nomad visa?
It is possible to extend your stay with Grenada digital nomad visa which is valid for 1 year. Thanks to the extension you can be in the country for additional 12 months.
In order to extend a digital nomad visa, remote workers need to re-apply and contact the Immigration department or the Grenada embassy for more information.
Other important things to know about the digital nomad visa for Grenada
The digital nomad program is designed to boost the economy and tourism in the country after the COVID-19 pandemic. Thanks to it, many remote workers can enter Granada and stay there for even 1 year. It is also possible to extend this visa for additional 12 months.
Besides, many other Caribbean places offer digital nomad visas so you can pick the destination perfect for you:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Cayman Islands
- The Bahamas
- St Lucia
Grenada is a beautiful place where you can enjoy fresh air, clear waters, and balance work with life. Besides, the internet connection is very good on the island which is very important for remote workers.
What is more, the Digital nomad program is open to all interested people. There are no nationality restrictions. A remote worker from any country can apply for this digital nomad visa. So long-term visitors are welcome in Grenada.