Cayman Islands Digital Nomad Visa
Information about Cayman Islands digital nomad visa
A Cayman Islands digital nomad visa program known also as the Global Citizen Concierge Program is designed for people who would like to change their surroundings and, at the same time, have remote work. As the Caribbean Islands offer much it is a perfect location for digital nomads.
Cayman Islands visa for remote workers is a multiple-entry type that is valid for up to 2 years. With it, you can travel in and out of the country numerous times as it grants temporary permits to live and work in this marvelous place. Digital nomad visas are quite popular right now so it is a very interesting option for all adventure seekers.
This document is also available for family members who can be brought with the applicant so it is a very convenient option. Another benefit is that on the Cayman Islands instances of COVID-19 are rare and the internet connection is very good which is crucial when you work online.
The place is magnificent and beautiful. However, you need to remember about quarantine restrictions and other conditions that must be met to enjoy your travel (such as income requirements, clear criminal record, health insurance, etc.). Check everything earlier to avoid some problems and inconveniences.
The entire application can be done online and processing usually takes around 3 or 4 weeks. It is quite easy and intuitive so you don't need to worry. The program is perfect for remote workers worldwide who want to spend time in splendid surroundings while working electronically.
Who is eligible for the Cayman Islands freelance visa?
All foreign nationals who meet the conditions can get the Cayman Island digital nomad visa. In order to do so, they need to take into consideration income requirements. So they must:
- earn at least $100,000 per year as individual
- earn $150,000 per year as a couple (spouse/civil partner)
- earn $180,000 per year as an adult or couple with one child (or more children).
Also, it is available to bring family members, such as:
- spouse or civil partner
In case your work is terminated, you need to inform the proper authorities. Remember that in this possibility your certificate will be terminated too, so be careful.
How to apply for a digital nomad visa to the Cayman Islands?
The application process can be done entirely online. It is very easy and convenient due to the fact that you don't have to visit the embassy or consulate.
Firstly, prepare all necessary documents. Remember that they need to be translated into the English language. So you need:
- passport copy
- proof of remote work and legal existence of a company/business
- bank reference from 6 months
- health insurance proof
- background check from the last 6 months.
Secondly, go to the website and fill in the application form online. Check all the information twice before you send them.
Then, pay the necessary fee and wait for the approval of your application. The time may differ as it depends on many factors.
The requirements for getting a digital nomad visa
In order to get the Cayman Islands digital nomad visa, you should have:
- Proof of income or employment (a letter stating your position in a company, length of employment, and annual salary).
- A certificate of the legal existence of the employer/company.
- Photocopy of the passport that proves the applicant's identity.
- A bank reference.
- A clear criminal record (police clearance).
- Health insurance coverage.
Besides, dependents need to prepare:
- identity proof
- evidence of civil status
- birth certificate/adoption orders
- police clearance
- health insurance.
Remember that all documents must be in the English language.
Benefits of the Cayman Islands remote worker visa
There are many benefits of the Cayman Islands digital nomad visa:
- It is valid for 2 years which is a very long period and it grants multiple entries to the Cayman Islands.
- Thanks to it, you can combine a holiday with work, try delicious food, meet new people, get used to the new culture, and experience more.
- The application process is very intuitive and unproblematic as you can do everything online.
- The internet connection is very good in the Cayman Islands which is very important for digital nomads.
- You can pick any of the three islands, including Grand Cayman, for your stay.
If you are a business owner or you work for a company remotely, the Cayman Islands are the perfect locations for you.
How to extend your stay in the Cayman Islands with a digital nomad visa
It is possible to extend your stay with the Global citizen concierge program. So if you want to renew your Cayman Islands digital nomad visa, you need to take into consideration the renewal fee and contact the Immigration Office.
You will have to fill in the application form and answer some basic questions about yourself and your trip, as well as wait for approval. Be careful about overstaying and prepare everything before the expiration date of your visa.
Other important things to know about the digital nomad visa for the Cayman Islands
The Cayman Islands digital nomad visa is a very interesting offer for a digital nomad. However, you need to keep in mind all requirements, including COVID-19 restrictions that are still present in the Cayman Islands. All people who are tested positive need to isolate for at least 7 days. Also, it is required to report a positive test in order to stop the spreading of the virus.
What is more, it is worth knowing that the Cayman Islands belong to the British overseas territory and that the place attracts many tourists, as well as wealthy and offshore businesses.
Besides the Cayman Islands you can also consider different, tropical locations that offer digital nomad visas:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- ST Lucia
- Costa Rica
- Sri Lanka
- Cape Verde
As you can see digital nomad visas are very popular and available in many places so you can pick the one perfect for you.