Turkey e-Visa for US Citizens
In the past, all travelers to Turkey had to face a time-consuming and troublesome application process to arrange a traditional visa. Fortunately, since 2013, American citizens among other eligible nationalities, can apply online for an e-Visa instead and avoid numerous visits to the Turkish Embassy.
Turkey e-Visa for U.S. citizens is issued as a multiple-entry visa allowing more than one entry to the country. The entire process to apply online and receive the approved document directly to the email inbox will take maximally 72 business hours.
Turkish e-Visa serves business purposes, as well as all kinds of tourism-related activities. U.S. citizens simply need a valid passport to apply for an electronic Turkey visa from the States. Traveling to Turkey has never been this easy!
How to apply for an e-Visa to Turkey from the U.S.?
Use the panel located on the left-hand side and click on the 'Apply Online' button. The online application process consists of 3 intuitive steps, which are as follows:
- Enter the required details into the e-Visa to Turkey form: You will need to provide basic personal and travel information, your email address, passport data, etc. Check thoroughly whether the details entered are error-free.
- Upload the supporting documents: Documentation to be attached to the online application form differs depending on the applicant's nationality. In the case of American citizens, there are no additional documents to upload. However, a valid U.S. passport is still necessary.
- Cover the processing fee: To complete the application process, pay the e-Visa fee using your credit or debit card or any other means of online payment available on our website. The email with the confirmation will then be immediately delivered to your inbox. Make sure you have received it.
After going through all the above-described steps, our experts will review your application. Once you receive the PDF file with your e-Visa, print it out and take it for your trip to Turkey.
Turkey e-Visa processing time and fees for U.S. citizens
The entire e-Visa application process can take up to 72 business hours. Make sure all of the data provided is correct and all the required documents are uploaded. On average, our applicants can expect to receive an e-Visa to Turkey within 19 business hours. It is highly recommended to check your email inbox systematically after applying!
E-VISA TO TURKEY FEE
The processing fee for Turkey e-Visa differs according to the applicant's nationality, and for American citizens, the fee is 99 Euro. American passport holders have at their disposal various means of online payment.
How long can U.S. citizens stay in Turkey with an e-Visa?
The nationality of the applicant determines the allowed period of time that a holder of an e-Visa is allowed to stay in Turkey. Citizens of some countries may stay up in Turkey for up to 3 months, while others can make maximally a 1-month stay.
U.S. passport holders are eligible for a multiple-entry Turkish e-Visa, which gives them permission to numerous entries and a 90-day stay each time. e-Visa to Turkey is issued for 180 days while the validity starts on its issuance date.
Turkey e-Visa requirements for U.S. citizens
Every citizen of the U.S. is only required to have a valid American passport to make a Turkish e-Visa application. No other supporting documents are necessary.
- All U.S. passport holders traveling with children must obtain separate online visas to Turkey for every child.
- As long as a person transiting through Turkey remains within the transit zone, no e-Visa is required.
- e-Visa to Turkey is not a work visa. Those traveling to Turkey for employment purposes need to contact the Embassy of Turkey and obtain a traditional visa there.
- Turkish e-Visa cannot be extended. Do not try to overstay it since it may result in your deportation or other consequences enforced by the Turkish authorities.
- It is necessary to submit an online application for a Turkish online visa in advance. The maximum processing time takes up to 3 business days. Nevertheless, the real approval time is determined by the Turkish government.
Is it safe to use Evisa Express to get a Turkey e-Visa?
- A 3-step application process to enjoy your e-Visa to Turkey: Our e-Visa team experts are ready to help you at every step of the online application process.
- Service Guarantee: If your application requires any corrections, we'll make it without bearing extra fees. Should your e-Visa request be rejected, you can expect a refund of your money. (Read more about our Terms of Service).
- A company with years of experience: By entrusting your visa application into the hands of the Evisa Express team, you don't need to worry about anything. Throughout 6 years of our company operating on the market, we arranged hundreds of thousands of electronic visas for our customers around the world.
- 99% approval rate of the Turkey e-Visa: As you may see, there are minimum chances that your application will fail to be approved.